Author Topic: Watford  (Read 55717 times)

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Watford
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2018, 03:52:21 pm »
They are closing in on Javi Garcia as their next manager. Mark Hughes's media chums will not be happy.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2018, 04:02:20 pm »
They don't mess around getting a new coach in either do the.  Everton took weeks to find their new manager, Watford had their new coach already lined up :D
its almost as if one club is well run and the other likes texting Jim white all the time!

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2018, 04:35:23 pm »
Hope they go down now. It's bad enough sacking the manager at the end of the season regardless of the job they've done, but sacking one halfway through a season who has them in the top half is just taking the piss really. And yeah, they might be only 5 points out of the relegation zone but so are half the table, can a team that swap their manager every 12 months really expect any more than that? They should have kept Flores a couple of years ago and they should have kept Silva now.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2018, 05:00:33 pm »
Hope they go down now. It's bad enough sacking the manager at the end of the season regardless of the job they've done, but sacking one halfway through a season who has them in the top half is just taking the piss really. And yeah, they might be only 5 points out of the relegation zone but so are half the table, can a team that swap their manager every 12 months really expect any more than that? They should have kept Flores a couple of years ago and they should have kept Silva now.

Normally I’d agree, but given the circumstances here I think he deserved to go. He disrespected them and then everything turned to shit.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2018, 05:04:08 pm »

9 losses one draw one win in their last 11. Relegation form since Silva agitated for a move. Since he fancied a move, their performance has dropped off a cliff. Without changes a drop was decidedly possible.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:18 pm »
Normally I’d agree, but given the circumstances here I think he deserved to go. He disrespected them and then everything turned to shit.

Their model is not going to breed loyalty so it is highly hypocritical of them to whine when a manager doesn't show loyalty to them. Ian Wright was on 606 going on about how he has to stay there because he has a contract, but just like they would have to payoff the remainder of his deal when they probably got rid of him at the end of the season as usual then it is no different from another club paying compensation to them for him to go mid-season.

Their form hasn't been great since the disruption, but realistically all the mid-table or lower sides have ups and downs and they are not going to be much higher than that whoever is in charge.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:31:48 pm by Skeeve »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2018, 07:31:38 pm »
Their model is not going to breed loyalty so it is highly hypocritical of them to whine when a manager doesn't show loyalty to them.

Their form hasn't been great since the disruption, but realistically all the mid-table or lower sides have ups and downs and they are not going to be much higher than that whoever is in charge.

Don’t think it’s about getting higher, they just don’t want to be relegated.

Only four points above the relegation zone and the worst form team in the league.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2018, 10:41:07 pm »
he was at the club 5 minutes and then looked to move on and then appears to have had a good sulk when the watford board wouldnt let him go. what a prick. modern football really is a disgrace. its got to the point where we have players and managers downing tools when they dont get their own way.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2018, 11:11:31 pm »
he was at the club 5 minutes and then looked to move on and then appears to have had a good sulk when the watford board wouldnt let him go. what a prick. modern football really is a disgrace. its got to the point where we have players and managers downing tools when they dont get their own way.

Watford have a system in which the manager isn't viewed as being that important, and go through them pretty quickly - since the current owners came in, managers last less than 40 games on average.
Not saying Silva isn't blameless, but I don't think Watford can act completely outraged about their manager looking elsewhere when odds are they'd be gone in a few months anyway.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2018, 11:18:38 pm »
Stoke, sacked manager, got better
Palace, sacked manager, got better
WBA, sacked manager, got better
Leicester, sacked manager, got better
West Ham, sacked manager, got better
Swansea, sacked manager, got better
Everton, sacked manager, got better (then went shit again, harder job, ageing manager)

I think the template is fixed now, the money men can work out the response when the trajectory is downwards.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2018, 11:51:09 pm »
Watford have announced Javi Gracia as their new manager. 18 month deal

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2018, 10:46:02 am »
The guy behind the mask of Harry the Hornet (who I presume is the mascot) has stepped down from the role.

https://twitter.com/1HHornet/status/1040229877738336256
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2018, 11:05:05 am »
Fuck You Hodgson!

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2018, 11:33:05 am »
RIP YNWA x
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2018, 11:57:28 am »
Fuck You Hodgson!

Maybe there should be an autocorrect for 'Hodgson' to read 'Hodgson (who I presume is the manager)'. It's kinder than he deserves though...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2018, 09:14:41 pm »
Fuck You Hodgson!

Poor guy lost a job he loved because of this twat. :wanker
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2018, 12:01:22 pm »
Deeney came out and said some nice things about Virgil and Gomez.

https://www.football.london/watford-fc/news/troy-deeney-liverpool-van-dijk-15199571.amp?__twitter_impression=true

People on reddit turned it into eminem's stan song

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2018, 12:30:55 pm »
Deeney came out and said some nice things about Virgil and Gomez.

https://www.football.london/watford-fc/news/troy-deeney-liverpool-van-dijk-15199571.amp?__twitter_impression=true

People on reddit turned it into eminem's stan song
Haha. This is brilliant!

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2018, 12:50:02 pm »
Thats epic  ;D

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2018, 01:30:47 pm »
Well done Redditors.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2019, 08:37:21 pm »
The only team after 3 games with 0 points on the board.

Newcastle (a)
Arsenal (h)
Man City (a)
Wolves (a)

Are their league fixtures up to the end of September. They'll probably get something from the Newcastle game but if they don't things could look pretty grim for them in a few weeks.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2019, 09:02:43 pm »
It wouldn't be the first time one of the Everton Cup competitors of the previous season have a real struggle.  Stoke, Southampton and Burnley come to mind in recent seasons, although the first two can be put down to the phenomenon called Mark Hughes.

Watford have consistently punched above their weight and I think there are plenty of worse teams than them, certainly enough they shouldn't be in a relegation fight.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #182 on: September 7, 2019, 05:37:27 pm »

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #183 on: September 7, 2019, 05:52:10 pm »
Javi Gracia sacked

https://twitter.com/mirrorfootball/status/1170374665711312896?s=21

Absolutely ridiculous, 4 fucking games in to a new season after leading them to their highest ever PL finish and a cup final.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #184 on: September 7, 2019, 05:58:04 pm »
They’ve got previous for it and to be fair, previous for getting it right
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #185 on: September 7, 2019, 06:00:17 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous, 4 fucking games in to a new season after leading them to their highest ever PL finish and a cup final.

8 points in their last 13 games. They've been in relegation form for a while. That said they spent hardly anything over the summer. Amazingly the initial talk is they want Quique Sanchez Flores back

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #186 on: September 7, 2019, 06:07:33 pm »
8 points in their last 13 games. They've been in relegation form for a while. That said they spent hardly anything over the summer. Amazingly the initial talk is they want Quique Sanchez Flores back

Feel like he deserves a go to get it right though, seems to be their first proper sticky patch under him.

Think he was the manager when they twatted us 3-0 at their place, one of the grimmest days under klopp that. Remember watching it at a beach bar in Thailand with one sole watford fan goading our lot, how times change eh. Strange appointment if true, anyhow.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #187 on: September 7, 2019, 06:10:55 pm »
#watfordfc announces the appointment of Quique Sánchez Flores as the club’s new Head Coach.

https://t.co/XqhpUvCwpT https://t.co/HcU7Z87H79

And no that's not a joke

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #188 on: September 7, 2019, 06:12:20 pm »
They have appointed Sanchez-Flores again. Wow. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #189 on: September 7, 2019, 06:12:57 pm »
Feel like he deserves a go to get it right though, seems to be their first proper sticky patch under him.

True and perhaps context needs to be considered as they rested players for the FA Cup. Then again, clubs definitely aren't afraid to pull the trigger early if things are continuing to go awry (we did it with Rodgers). The early firings do make a mockery of preseason planning though

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #190 on: September 7, 2019, 06:17:08 pm »
True and perhaps context needs to be considered as they rested players for the FA Cup. Then again, clubs definitely aren't afraid to pull the trigger early if things are continuing to go awry (we did it with Rodgers). The early firings do make a mockery of preseason planning though

Haven't the players changed since Sanchez-Flores has been there though? Can you actually play his own style of game with them?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 7, 2019, 07:48:10 pm »
I blame Troy Deeney, no cojones.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 7, 2019, 07:52:47 pm »
At least it wasn't one of the LMA good old boys, usually a biff like Hughes, Pardew, Allardyce or Pulis are on speed dial

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #193 on: September 7, 2019, 07:54:02 pm »
So when does Gracia end up at Everton?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 7, 2019, 09:38:50 pm »
Crazy situation. I'm fine with the sacking of Gracia, they've been bad for a while now.. But why hire someone you've sacked previously?! You know what hes capable of achieving and you know his level is something that you're not happy with.

Flores should have also told them where to go, but I guess he's got no better offers.

It's all well and good chopping and changing managers frequently, but you're only two bad appointments and no new manager bounce away from relegation. Stoke fucked it with Hughes and Lambert, Villa similarly. Even Fulham last season.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2019, 09:43:11 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #195 on: September 7, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »

If anything, we pulled the trigger too late with Rodgers. He should have been gone after that 6-1 fiasco at Stoke. But that's for another thread.

I'm a bit surprised at the Gracia sacking. I thought they'd give Gracia time to get it right. It didn't seem like the Frank De Boer situation at Palace where it was obvious that he absolutely had to go after a few games. Equally as surprised that they've brought in Flores as well.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 7, 2019, 10:37:23 pm »
On the face of it, seems like a premature decision. But I think when you actually look at the form table for 2019, pretty sure they’ll be in the bottom 3. A good FA Cup run papered over the cracks of a terrible second half to last season. Still think it’s slightly too early but you know the way management in top flight football goes these days.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 7, 2019, 11:18:30 pm »
If anything, we pulled the trigger too late with Rodgers. He should have been gone after that 6-1 fiasco at Stoke. But that's for another thread.
nah that was nailed perfectly

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 8, 2019, 06:59:39 pm »
Crazy situation. I'm fine with the sacking of Gracia, they've been bad for a while now.. But why hire someone you've sacked previously?! You know what hes capable of achieving and you know his level is something that you're not happy with.

Flores should have also told them where to go, but I guess he's got no better offers.

It's all well and good chopping and changing managers frequently, but you're only two bad appointments and no new manager bounce away from relegation. Stoke fucked it with Hughes and Lambert, Villa similarly. Even Fulham last season.
It seems like it's a panic move. They wanted to cement their place as a mid table team with Flores and now that they are in the bottom after him, they felt "Ok at least we were far away from relegation with the previous manager, why not give him a call then"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2019, 11:36:21 pm »
The Athletic reporting that Quique Sanchez Flores will be sacked tomorrow