Author Topic: The Golf Course Thread  (Read 9701 times)

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
Re: The Golf Course Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 09:18:38 am »
Not familar with Southerndown but the other two guess you cant go wrong. Celtic Manor is a bit of a rip off but hey Ryder Cup venue so cant complain. Have a look at either of the below options too as cheap as chips and great golf

St Pierre - hosted the Curtis & Solheim Cup. Nice parkland

Pyle & Kenfig - excellent links

Pennard - good looking links as well & Tenby... Best value in Wales

12 of us did Wales last month & played Pennard, Machynys & Pyle & Kenfig.

Excellent value for money, which is why we're going back next year!  I'm not that keen on Celtic Manor, but a couple of the lads really want to play it so it's been added to the itinerary........i'm more interested in Royal Porthcawl!!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 02:06:36 pm »
A biased opinion perhaps as my brother is the head greenkeeper but the best and most enjoyable course I have played is Tain in the north of Scotland. Its a few miles south of Dornoch and when Peter Alliss played both courses a few years back he said Tain was the one he liked the most.

Other favourites are:
Birkdale
Blairgowrie Rosemount
Moor Park
Kenilworth
Son Muntaner, Majorca

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 05:24:19 pm »
A biased opinion perhaps as my brother is the head greenkeeper but the best and most enjoyable course I have played is Tain in the north of Scotland. Its a few miles south of Dornoch and when Peter Alliss played both courses a few years back he said Tain was the one he liked the most.

Other favourites are:
Birkdale
Blairgowrie Rosemount
Moor Park
Kenilworth
Son Muntaner, Majorca

Just looked on the Tain website......looks fantastic!!!!

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: August 1, 2008, 10:33:10 am »
Played Ballyliffin (Glashedy) course yesterday weather atrocious but course in outstanding condition. view from 14th par three teebox must be one of the best in GB and Ireland

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44 on: August 1, 2008, 10:39:23 am »
Just thought of another that I've played a few times and loved - Crieff up in Perthshire. It's a beautiful part of the world and on a nice summer's day it's great.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: August 1, 2008, 11:06:48 am »
Playing Walton Heath Old Course next week.  Really looking forward to it (as long as I drive the ball straight!) as I haven't played it for 4-5 years.

IMO the best heathland course in England, has been a Ryder Cup course, and is the US Open qualifier course for this part of the world.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #46 on: August 1, 2008, 12:41:23 pm »
Played Padeswood and Buckley yesterday. Beautiful. And very fast buggies. :D
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 1, 2008, 01:21:49 pm »
Played Padeswood and Buckley yesterday. Beautiful. And very fast buggies. :D

"He who has the fastest buggy......gets the best lie"

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #48 on: August 1, 2008, 01:55:13 pm »
anyone watching the womens open?

Natalie Gulbis in a mini skirt :P

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #49 on: August 1, 2008, 02:12:49 pm »
anyone watching the womens open?

Natalie Gulbis in a mini skirt :P

Fuck, that is pretty mini isn't it. I think she's not all she's cracked up to be in the looks department, but I certainly wouldn't mind firing one in close to her pins.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: August 1, 2008, 02:48:11 pm »
Fuck, that is pretty mini isn't it. I think she's not all she's cracked up to be in the looks department, but I certainly wouldn't mind firing one in close to her pins.

From the fringe?

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 4, 2008, 03:22:54 pm »
I wouldn't mind raking her bunker!!!

Seriously though, she's got a face like a fucking potato, can't stand her.

I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 4, 2008, 07:48:30 pm »

Slightly off topic, but thought this may be the place to ask.

I used to play off 8-12 when I was at Uni, and had a set of Maxfli Revolution Black Dot Irons, which I loved! Now though, after 7 years of not playing golf I just can not hit them cleanly enough to warrant having them.

So, today I sold them......for a handsome sum, and need to find some replacements. But I have no idea what brands and models I should get. I am probably now playing off 20-25, not a big hitter especially with the mid-short Irons. I have an 8 degree Big Bertha Steelhead, which oddly I hit perfectly. Absolutely love it, despite no one else being able to hit the thing. So my driving is fine, but really struggle with the 3-6 irons.

Any tips as to what to get?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #53 on: August 4, 2008, 07:50:29 pm »

I used to play off 8-12 when I was at Uni, and had a set of Maxfli Revolution Black Dot Irons, which I loved! Now though, after 7 years of not playing golf I just can not hit them cleanly enough to warrant having them.

So, today I sold them......for a handsome sum, and need to find some replacements. But I have no idea what brands and models I should get. I am probably now playing off 20-25, not a big hitter especially with the mid-short Irons. I have an 8 degree Big Bertha Steelhead, which oddly I hit perfectly. Absolutely love it, despite no one else being able to hit the thing. So my driving is fine, but really struggle with the 3-6 irons.

No tips but can we join forces as I have no problem hitting long irons but can't hit woods to save my life! Borrowed my brother's one iron yesterday and loved it.

Looking for a new set of irons as well so would echo your shout for feedback.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 4, 2008, 08:09:01 pm »

Get a set of super game improvement clubs such as Cobra S9's, Callaway Big Bertha's etc.

http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/ratings/irons/2007/hotlist_super_gameimprovement

Even low handicap golfers can benefit from these today.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 4, 2008, 08:39:02 pm »
No tips but can we join forces as I have no problem hitting long irons but can't hit woods to save my life! Borrowed my brother's one iron yesterday and loved it.

Looking for a new set of irons as well so would echo your shout for feedback.

Perfect, can you putt?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 4, 2008, 08:47:13 pm »
Get a set of super game improvement clubs such as Cobra S9's, Callaway Big Bertha's etc.

http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/ratings/irons/2007/hotlist_super_gameimprovement

Even low handicap golfers can benefit from these today.

Having a look at those, and I suspect they may be out of my price range. :-/

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 4, 2008, 08:49:31 pm »
Just spotted the second page of the article.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: August 5, 2008, 10:16:25 am »

if you can hit an 8 degree driver you must be sweeping it pretty well of the tee with a flatish swing problem is although your long irons will have a flatter swing plane than wedges due to length of club you still need to hit down to some extent which you are probably not doing.

Two solutions

1. get rid of 8 degree driver. Because you are hitting it well this is determining what your stock swing profile is. Get a 10 degree - 12 degree minimum and try hitting with a more upright swing this swing should in turn help you hit down with your longer irons.

2. keep the driver and swing and buy yourself a couple of hybrids to replace 3 and 4 irons they defo work.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 5, 2008, 10:29:35 am »
if you can hit an 8 degree driver you must be sweeping it pretty well of the tee with a flatish swing problem is although your long irons will have a flatter swing plane than wedges due to length of club you still need to hit down to some extent which you are probably not doing.

Two solutions

1. get rid of 8 degree driver. Because you are hitting it well this is determining what your stock swing profile is. Get a 10 degree - 12 degree minimum and try hitting with a more upright swing this swing should in turn help you hit down with your longer irons.

2. keep the driver and swing and buy yourself a couple of hybrids to replace 3 and 4 irons they defo work.

Super game improvement irons, in the long irons, are similar to hybrids, in fact in some sets such as Adams they are hybrids.

If he's hitting his short irons well, with his driver, he already has two swings.  A long iron swing is similar to a driver/3 wood swing, they're both more sweeping with the ball further forward in the stance.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60 on: August 5, 2008, 10:31:49 am »

Perfect, can you putt?

Yeah, love it so much I tend to take 2-3 putts per hole!

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: August 5, 2008, 11:13:42 am »
Super game improvement irons, in the long irons, are similar to hybrids, in fact in some sets such as Adams they are hybrids.

If he's hitting his short irons well, with his driver, he already has two swings.  A long iron swing is similar to a driver/3 wood swing, they're both more sweeping with the ball further forward in the stance.

Not disagreeing just cannot understand how he cannot hit his long irons if he is able to hit 8 degree driver maybe it is a confidence thing i.e looking down at the thinner (visually) edge a longer iron has presented to the ball than a wedge ?

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 5, 2008, 12:01:15 pm »
Not disagreeing just cannot understand how he cannot hit his long irons if he is able to hit 8 degree driver maybe it is a confidence thing i.e looking down at the thinner (visually) edge a longer iron has presented to the ball than a wedge ?

Could be something as simple as ball position or alignment.

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #63 on: August 5, 2008, 12:51:38 pm »
Invest in lessons...!!!!

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 5, 2008, 01:25:11 pm »
I've always used Mizuno's and I love 'em but I've got to agree with Hoppy, I wouldn't consider buying irons without lessons and the advice of a good pro.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: August 5, 2008, 01:31:07 pm »
I've always used Mizuno's and I love 'em but I've got to agree with Hoppy, I wouldn't consider buying irons without lessons and the advice of a good pro.

As well as lessons best thing I ever did was getting custom fitted for my Mizuno irons. Thought it a bit poncy at the time ( i was a hand me a branch and I can play with it) wank** . Difference in my game was 3-4 shots in two weeks at a time I should have been getting used to my new clubs would recommend to anyone use your pro if you can but American golf discount just as good.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 5, 2008, 01:49:21 pm »
As well as lessons best thing I ever did was getting custom fitted for my Mizuno irons. Thought it a bit poncy at the time ( i was a hand me a branch and I can play with it) wank** . Difference in my game was 3-4 shots in two weeks at a time I should have been getting used to my new clubs would recommend to anyone use your pro if you can but American golf discount just as good.

That's for sure, most people don't realize how an "off the rack" club is misfit for their body/arm size, and how it impacts their ball flight.

I'm 5' 9" with long arms, my custom fit Pings are 3 degrees shallower than standard lie.  When I hit an off the rack club, my ball flight is left of the line.

I'd go further and say you should be fitted not by a pro but at a proper fitting centre (needs to have a launch monitor etc), as shaft combinations are so extensive today, much beyond whether it's a stiff or regular shaft, that it requires the extensive data feedback you get from a launch monitor.

Golf Digest had a good article this month on steel shafts in irons, they tested a single digit handicap player with multiple combinations of shafts, the best for this player was a soft butt, a soft upper, a mid middle, and a stiff tip!   This resulted in 7 yards further distance and 2 yards right dispersion on the balls hit (versus 10 yards left on the worst combination), on a 6 iron that's huge.

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 5, 2008, 01:56:13 pm »

Where did you go? My MP-60's aren't fitted (bought them 3 years ago before I appreciated the importance and before Mizuno opened the fitting centre in Wrexham). I phoned them a couple of weeks ago to ask if they could do it retrospectively and although I've got to get it booked by a retailer they were pretty positive.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: August 5, 2008, 02:24:53 pm »
Where did you go? My MP-60's aren't fitted (bought them 3 years ago before I appreciated the importance and before Mizuno opened the fitting centre in Wrexham). I phoned them a couple of weeks ago to ask if they could do it retrospectively and although I've got to get it booked by a retailer they were pretty positive.

Like JP-65 says I went to shop with custom fitting center and equipment. They need to have camera to assess swing speed and trajectory for shaft stiffness and length plus mark in ground that will assess what club head angle (lie) is suitable for yourself. Most pro shops dont have these and you need to be assessed by a qualified technician. Takes about 20 mins I would have had to pay 10-15 quid for service if I had not bought the clubs (discounted). Mizuno affiliated dealers with the equipment will assess your swing and clubs no problem.

Even the pros make mistakes but 3 years Darren ?

Darren Clarke, who is playing in this week's Scottish Open at Loch Lomond, rediscovered some of his old form on his recent sortie to the States, along with something just as significant. Namely, that for the past three years, he has been fitting his irons with the wrong shafts.

"You would think," he said humorously, "that I would have been smart enough to work out what was going on a bit sooner, but no."

After seven somewhat abbreviated events in which he missed the half-way cut, Clarke had four rounds at the recent Buick in which to think about what he was doing. Suddenly, it hit him that while his drives were bisecting fairways, his irons were going right and left and way too high.

He had the clubs checked by Malcolm Clark, an expert in that field, on his return and Clark told him that he was using stiff shafts as opposed to the extra stiff he thought he had in place. It was all down to the different measuring system used in America and Europe. "My fault entirely," stressed the golfer. "I should have checked."
« Last Edit: August 5, 2008, 02:29:51 pm by CLOCKSPEED »

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 5, 2008, 03:49:10 pm »
Like JP-65 says I went to shop with custom fitting center and equipment. They need to have camera to assess swing speed and trajectory for shaft stiffness and length plus mark in ground that will assess what club head angle (lie) is suitable for yourself. Most pro shops dont have these and you need to be assessed by a qualified technician. Takes about 20 mins I would have had to pay 10-15 quid for service if I had not bought the clubs (discounted). Mizuno affiliated dealers with the equipment will assess your swing and clubs no problem.

Even the pros make mistakes but 3 years Darren ?

Darren Clarke, who is playing in this week's Scottish Open at Loch Lomond, rediscovered some of his old form on his recent sortie to the States, along with something just as significant. Namely, that for the past three years, he has been fitting his irons with the wrong shafts.

"You would think," he said humorously, "that I would have been smart enough to work out what was going on a bit sooner, but no."

After seven somewhat abbreviated events in which he missed the half-way cut, Clarke had four rounds at the recent Buick in which to think about what he was doing. Suddenly, it hit him that while his drives were bisecting fairways, his irons were going right and left and way too high.

He had the clubs checked by Malcolm Clark, an expert in that field, on his return and Clark told him that he was using stiff shafts as opposed to the extra stiff he thought he had in place. It was all down to the different measuring system used in America and Europe. "My fault entirely," stressed the golfer. "I should have checked."

Amazing, especially with all the golf club manufacturer reps and vans at each tour event!

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 5, 2008, 03:54:48 pm »

This is the best guy in the south of England

http://www.precisiongolf.co.uk/

Worth looking at his website.

Here's one affiliated with my club, Brocket Hall, and the Faldo Institute, again, some good info on club fitting.

http://www.customgolfstudio.com/products.aspx

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 5, 2008, 04:04:58 pm »
No good for me mate, I'll have to stick to the one affiliated with Clays Farm  ;D

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 5, 2008, 04:26:48 pm »
No good for me mate, I'll have to stick to the one affiliated with Clays Farm  ;D

I knew these are too far away, but thought there's good info in the websites that may help you.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 5, 2008, 04:52:36 pm »
Not a huge equipment guy so take this bit of advise with a pinch of salt but I would go & get a club fitting. See if they specialise / familiar in Pings (see below tip) and ask them what color dot suits you best. Black or red is the norm but obviously it varies.

Then go & check Ebay as the old Ping Eye 2s (3 iron to sand wedge) will only set you back around $250 - $300. An old work mate who use to play for his college team advised me these clubs (steel shaft) never go out of fashion as mine are 10 - 15 plus years old now but I still outhit any of my buddies who play with newer new clubs.

You can always go back to a local club fitter and get the club head lies adjusted to suit your swing. Probably adds another $100 to your overall cost but for less than $400 you have a full set of irons that are pretty much equal to a new set. My rule - never buy new as there is a guy selling the same clubs for 30% less on Ebay due to his frustrations of not being able to hit them.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 5, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »
Not a huge equipment guy so take this bit of advise with a pinch of salt but I would go & get a club fitting. See if they specialise / familiar in Pings (see below tip) and ask them what color dot suits you best. Black or red is the norm but obviously it varies.

Then go & check Ebay as the old Ping Eye 2s (3 iron to sand wedge) will only set you back around $250 - $300. An old work mate who use to play for his college team advised me these clubs (steel shaft) never go out of fashion as mine are 10 - 15 plus years old now but I still outhit any of my buddies who play with newer new clubs.

You can always go back to a local club fitter and get the club head lies adjusted to suit your swing. Probably adds another $100 to your overall cost but for less than $400 you have a full set of irons that are pretty much equal to a new set. My rule - never buy new as there is a guy selling the same clubs for 30% less on Ebay due to his frustrations of not being able to hit them.

I believe the dot color is the size of the grip only, could be wrong though.

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #75 on: August 5, 2008, 08:27:09 pm »

This is effectively what I did a few years back, except with Ping i3 irons. Went to a store, got a fitting for which dot suited best and then got them second hand (hardly used at all though) for half the price - from golfbidder.co.uk
No point in buying new irons, when you can get them for much less and the new ones will look second hand after 1-2 rounds anyway.

The Ping i3 irons are fantastic by the way!

I believe the dot color is the size of the grip only, could be wrong though.

No, it is the lie angle of the club. It mainly reflects how tall you are. Most people will use black (standard), blue (taller) or red (shorter).
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 5, 2008, 09:01:08 pm »
This is effectively what I did a few years back, except with Ping i3 irons. Went to a store, got a fitting for which dot suited best and then got them second hand (hardly used at all though) for half the price - from golfbidder.co.uk
No point in buying new irons, when you can get them for much less and the new ones will look second hand after 1-2 rounds anyway.

The Ping i3 irons are fantastic by the way!
No, it is the lie angle of the club. It mainly reflects how tall you are. Most people will use black (standard), blue (taller) or red (shorter).

Yup, just checked....I have Ping I3's yellow dot, and yellow dot is the flatest lie angle you can get, as per my comment above about my fitting/body & arm size

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 5, 2008, 09:40:53 pm »
I dont think you can go wrong with Pings as they look the part even 10 years later but they do sort of raise expectations from new playing partners. That is until the first hook off the 1st. ;)

Had a mare for a few years with my woods so consistently used my 2 iron as it was relevantly straight and typically could squeeze 200 - 220 plus yards out of it. On dry ground even more. Eventually though my buddies who were average at best were outdriving me by 25 - 50 yards with their spanking new drivers so I dropped a few bob on a Callaway. Still that is now 5 - 7 plus years old and starting to struggle to keep up with the new drivers whos very generous sweet spot / technology allow okay drivers to get away with murder.

Still I dont play enough to warrant a $200 driver but might bite the bullet next 6 months. A buddy has the Taylormade R5 driver I think, one with the adjustable screws for weighting and I killed the bastard when I borrowed it. I do prefer smaller heads on the woods but damn an extra 40 plus yards off the tee is somewhat pricelss.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 6, 2008, 11:42:03 am »
Some really good advice here guys, been good reading through it all.

I suspect confidence may be a problem with the long irons, and I think I probably try to hit them too hard as I tend to over-swing a bit....well a lot according to some of my friends.

I think I may pop down to the American gold centre, which has a driving range so I can try a few sets, and then ebay it.

Thanks again.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #79 on: August 6, 2008, 11:50:46 am »
Have been lucky enough to play some great courses. Some favourites:

1. Saunton Sands, North Devon. Beautiful, immaculate, fucking hard but a fantastic experience

2. New Course, St Andrews. Played the Old Course a few times but the New is a better challenge.

3. North Berwick (East& West) Golf how it should be.

4. Royal North Devon (Westward Ho!) The oldest course still on its original layout in England. On public ground so look out for kite flyers, horses and sheep. Looks flat and featureless from afar but is far from it.

5. Worplesdon. There are many top courses in Surrey, including Walton Heath, Sunningdale, Wentworth etc but I don't remember enjoying any as much as this heather-lined beauty.

6. Hindhead. Spectacular.

7. Muirfield. Tricky to get on but worth the hassle if you can, simply great course.

8. Royal St Georges, Kent. Another Open venue - a test when the wind isn't blowing, a beast when it is. Perfect links golf.

9. Kilspindie. Cute little course in the North Berwick area, enjoyed it immensely.

10. Royal Wimbledon. All you want in a parkland course.