Author Topic: AFL thread: games, results, discussion  (Read 443844 times)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
AFL thread: games, results, discussion
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:16:28 am »
For those who follow Aussie Rules as well as the Mighty Liverpool FC:
AFL season 2006 starts tonight.

AFL SEASON 2006

Round 1

Thursday 30 Mar 2006
 West Coast Eagles vs. St Kilda at Subiaco Oval 5:45pm AWST

Friday 31 Mar 2006
 Western Bulldogs vs. Richmond at Telstra Dome 7:40pm AEDT

Saturday 1 Apr 2006
 Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions at Skilled Stadium 2:10pm AEDT

Essendon vs. Sydney Swans at Telstra Dome 7:10pm AEDT

Port Adelaide vs. Kangaroos at AAMI Stadium 7:10pm ACDT

Sunday 2 Apr 2006
 Hawthorn vs. Fremantle at Aurora Stadium 1:10pm AEST

Melbourne vs. Carlton at Telstra Dome 5:10pm AEST

Monday 1 Apr  2006
 Collingwood vs. Adelaide at Telstra Dome 7:10pm AEST

Sportbet: 2006 AFL Premier League Odds  (30/3/2006)

St Kilda    
5.50/1        
Adelaide    
5.50/1       
Geelong    
6.50/1       
West Coast    
7/1        
Sydney    
10/1        
Brisbane    
12/1        
Essendon    
21/1        
Collingwood    
21/1        
Western Bulldogs    
23/1        
Fremantle    
23/1        
Melbourne    
26/1        
Port Adelaide    
26/1        
Kangaroos    
31/1        
Richmond    
41/1        
Hawthorn    
61/1        
Carlton    
101/1      

« Last Edit: February 1, 2009, 12:03:54 pm by Pheeny »
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: AFL Season 2006 - games, results and discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 03:05:11 am »
I'm in several tipping comps; the AFL is one of the hardest leagues in the world to gamble on. It's a bookies dream. I think last year only just over 50% of favourites got up: what makes it so even is the salary cap and also the draft, where the bottom placed teams get to pick the best young talent coming through.

In some ways its a pity football wasn't like this: instead of having a couple of teams win it every year, everyone has a chance in the AFL, and what it comes down to is picking the best talent, good tactics and coaching, plus a fair slice of luck to make it through. Money is not the preeminent factor in deciding premierships. You can almost guarantee that whoever wins the competition will not find it easy, and that at some point in the following 5 years they will fail to even be in the top 8.

My Dad was born and raised in Essendon; a stones throw from Windy Hill, and used to sell footy records there as a kid. At the age of 2 myself and all of my brothers and sisters were given the choice: either support Essendon or you can leave the house. Funnily enough, I chose to stay.

The Saints or the Weagles look like the most likely to win the flag this year: Geelong the dark horse.

Carn the Bombers!!

Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 03:20:45 am »
excuse my ignorance but how many teams play in the melbourne area?
how much are tickets, do all the games sell out?
headin over to oz and lookin forward to a few afl games
"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 03:30:56 am »
excuse my ignorance but how many teams play in the melbourne area?
how much are tickets, do all the games sell out?
headin over to oz and lookin forward to a few afl games

9 Teams (Melbourne, St Kilda, Richmond, Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Western Buldogs & Kangeroos) plus Geelong who play just outside of Melbourne.

Most of the games these days are played at the MCG (80k) or Docklands stadium (50k ish?). If the game is at the 'G' only a few games sell out . And  probably none at the Docklands).

As for the price of a ticket I am not sure but I was a member of Melbourne last year and it cost me A$220.00 for 17 games which works out at about 5 quid a game :P

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 03:37:48 am by gjr1 »
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:58 am »
9 teams! ffs, melbourne must be the authority on afl in oz

thats quality - and if its $5, a game every week so...

thanks gjr1
"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 05:16:06 am »
i can't wait, it will be interesting to see if 'Monday night football' works.  Carn Bombers!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:26:27 am »

thats quality - and if its $5, a game every week so...

thanks gjr1

I probably better mention pricing and capacity a little more.

I beleive the MCG is unavailabe for a month due taking up the running track and stuff after the commonwealth games. That will probably mean some games that wouldn't sell out at the 'G' may well do at Telstra dome (Docklands).

As for pricing, as I said last year my season ticket was A$220.00 which is about GBP90.00 which is about GBP5.00 a game. I have just had a look at some of this weekends game and tickets are about A$25.00 - A$50.00 which is roughly GBP10.00 -  GBP20.00 a game.

It is quite a cheap sport to follow until you get inside the stadium then the beer costs a bit in there and at some games they only serve mid-strenth (no idea on %) beer :(

Check out the official site for more info :)

http://afl.com.au/

:)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:28:07 am by gjr1 »
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:49:11 am »
If you've got a mate who works in Melbourne and they get tickets through their work (many do), you should be able to get in free when clubs come to play in Melbourne from interstate. Have a relative who gets work tickets and last time I was down to see a game we got 10 people in on 4 tickets at Telstra. Great seats, too: bar was right behind us and the view was fantastic. One of the reasons why I reckon an indoor stadium would be great for a club like Liverpool is Telstra.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 11:20:22 am »
Not sure why they are playing on a Thursday!

But Eagles V St Kilda is 3-1 (19) to 3-5 (23) to St Kilda at Qtr time.

Very scappy in what could well be the final in September.

Saints have had the best of it for me and have missed a couple they should have scored.
Obi-Wan:

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 12:59:21 pm »
now 3 qtr time in St. Kilda's 8-11 (59) to west coast 11-11 (77)

Riewoldt's has serious kicking problems and cox and kerr are dominating the midfield.

some of the free kicks given make you cringe,  the A.F.L. has turned this game to netball its disgraceful     

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 01:31:41 pm »
West Coast win by 15 points.

IMO it was a poor game. Lots of errors. Only one goal in the last Qrt and the Saints got that.

Maybe it was early season rustyness. Both defences did well but some of the passing was woeful.

Obi-Wan:

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 02:00:09 pm »
Julio wrote:

Julio, there are 9 Melbourne teams in the AFL, and 10 Victorian teams, when you include Geelong.
I'm assuming from your comment that their might be an assumption that there is promotion and relegation in the AFL. The operating structure is very different from what most football fans are used to.

As Red Death points out, there is a salary cap for all teams and new players come into the competition through the AFL draft. The real success of clubs lies in developing that new talent from the draft.

The current AFL team structure grew out of the old Victorian Football League. Over time several interstate teams, West Coast and Fremantle (Western Australia), Adelaide and Port Adelaide (South Australia), Sydney (New South Wales), Brisbane (Queensland) joined the league making it a national competition.

I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 02:02:15 pm »
At Subiaco:
                  Fulltime:    West Coast   11.18 (84)
                                    St. Kilda          9.12  (66)

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 08:38:12 pm »
As a West Coast supporter, I've shaken my head so many times in the pre-season wondering what was happening. Ever since Leo fucking Barry got his paws on the pill (on my effing birthday!!) in the last few seconds of last years Grand Final, it's been downhill.

So, I was thrilled to follow the score updates today (i'm exiled in the UK for a bit) and see us come out with a strong win against a side that will be challenging in late September.

I was hoping for a stronger approach from West Coast to find a key forward as this was obviously our downfall last year. Although, we were only 4 points away from a Premiership  :-\

Our midfield will ensure that we're therabouts again but I fancy St Kilda's time has to be in the next couple of years.

Most of the games these days are played at the MCG (80k) or Docklands stadium (50k ish?). If the game is at the 'G' only a few games sell out . And  probably none at the Docklands).

MCG holds 100,000 and Docklands around 56,000.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 12:28:11 pm »
Western Bulldogs have just thrashed Richmond by over 100 points. I didn't see the game (although it's on the TV at the moment delayed) but make of that what you will.

Obi-Wan:

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 12:29:49 pm »
Ha ha. Hope there's no Tigers supporters on here....flogged by 115 points tonight by the Dogs. With a multitude of goalkickers, the Dogs look set for a ripper of a season.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 12:43:57 pm »
Ha ha. Hope there's no Tigers supporters on here....flogged by 115 points tonight by the Dogs. With a multitude of goalkickers, the Dogs look set for a ripper of a season.

It's hard to work out what it could say about both clubs.

I would imagine it would be someone like Man City beating Birmingham 5-0 in the first game of a season :P

:D
Obi-Wan:

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 12:58:46 pm »

It's hard to work out what it could say about both clubs.

I would imagine it would be someone like Man City beating Birmingham 5-0 in the first game of a season :P

:D

Yeah, I guess, but I reckon last year there were a few clubs who breathed a lot easier when the Dogs didn't make the top 8 for the finals, for a start they thumped Brisbane in Brisbane midway through the season....difference between the Prem and the AFL is that the talent is spread around. As you know if you've been on the bottom you'll get the best talent coming through....and there's no swapping of the best players between clubs generally because of the salary cap. The Dogs could be a dark horse this season; Eade's learned from his mistakes at Sydney, and is a very very good coach. The Dogs have some fantastic young talent at their disposal from finishing stone motherless or thereabouts since Wallace left. On that performance I wouldn't be surprised if the Dogs finished top 4. Just so long as Carlton finish last I'm happy.

In other words, the Dogs could be on the edge of creating an AFL dynasty....if they did win the flag it certainly would be like City or Brum winning the Prem; and that's the difference between the AFL and football - the little clubs can carry out the dream of winning the big titles. The AFL is a bit like what football was like in England in the 1970's; the spoils are shared around a lot more than what happens in the Premiership now.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2006, 01:59:01 pm »
Bombers got up tonight against the Swans....Lloyd kicked 8. Lions thumped by the other Cats. Port pummelled by the Roos.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2006, 10:48:25 am »
Two favourites tossed today.....impossible league to gamble on! One of the favourites was paying 1.23 for the win, and got done easily.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2006, 09:41:19 pm »
I hear your pain Red Death, though mine is just in the footy tipping comps. How are you supposed to pick Carlton rolling Melbourne?! Ah the joys of early season tipping.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2006, 01:33:18 am »
Trying picking 8 out of 8 each week...bloody hard. If you can you are one of the following:

1. a complete novice with no idea of the game
                               2. only listen to the "other" voice in your head
                               3. getting your "tips" by telepathy from another planet

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2006, 02:08:17 am »
Round 1 results:
West Coast Eagles 11.18  84     def.    St Kilda        9.12 66
Western Bulldogs  25.17 167     def.    Richmond        7.10 52
Geelong           17.13 115           def.    Brisbane Lions  5. 8 38
Essendon          17. 6 108           def.    Sydney Swans   12. 9 81
Kangaroos         19.14 128         def.    Port Adelaide  13. 9 87
Hawthorn          17. 7 109           def.    Fremantle      13. 9 87
Carlton           13.15  93              def.    Melbourne      10.12 72
Adelaide          17. 9 111             def.    Collingwood    12. 5 77

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2006, 05:41:34 am »
managed 7/8 in footy tips, bloody carlton :no, i seriously don't even thier supporters would of tipped them to knock of the dees ;)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 01:48:14 am »
Round 2 results:

St Kilda   13.10 (88)   def.   Richmond   11.11 (77)
Geelong   22.6 (138)   def.   Kangaroos   10.9 (69)
Western Bulldogs   20.17 (137)   def.   Melbourne   12.18 (90)
Brisbane Lions   17.13 (115)   def.   Essendon   15.7 (97)
Fremantle   15.11 (101)   def.   Carlton   13.8 (86)
Port Adelaide   15.16 (106)   def.   Sydney Swans   11.14 (80)
Collingwood   18.11 (119)   def.   Hawthorn   12.12 (84)
West Coast Eagles   13.12 (90)   def.   Adelaide   13.10 (88)

Early season form from West Coast, Geelong and Western Bulldogs.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 02:12:42 am »
Got 6 this week, and 7 in one comp I'm in. In the "Big Tip" comp I'm  coming 706th  out of 26,922. I'm thinking of giving up my day job and doing it for a living.  ;D

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 06:39:10 pm »
Nice, tough win by the Eagles 8)

Two solid wins against September opposition in St Kilda and Adelaide. Don't peak too early boys, plenty of time yet.

Offline Muzzmo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 01:57:06 am »
Article from The Age regarding alternative jumpers:

THE AFL has provoked a showdown with its most powerful club, Collingwood, by finally decreeing that every club in the competition must design "an alternate" jumper by the end of next month.

While Carlton and Essendon appear resigned to bowing to AFL pressure and are already considering a series of radically different guernseys — Essendon's predominantly red and Carlton's boasting significantly less navy blue — an enraged Magpies president Eddie McGuire last night issued the following message:

"Here's a newsflash for the AFL," said McGuire. "Collingwood wears black and white stripes. There are two things the AFL cannot tell Collingwood. One is where to play and the other is what to wear.

"We have played every game in the history of the AFL in black and white stripes. We've been doing that since 1892. When the competition started in 1896 we were the only club with vertical stripes. We're not about to change that because somebody in the AFL marketing department got an itch."

While the AFL wrote to the clubs in February outlining its new rules, it has only just released the commercial operations department's on-field policy, which states under section 3.3 entitled 'New Playing Strip Designs': "A main playing uniform and an 'alternate' playing uniform are mandatory for all clubs."

The Magpies had said they would be prepared to alternate from a black jumper with white stripes to a white jumper with black stripes. That change is understood to have failed to appease the AFL, which still believes that Collingwood's jumper has occasional clashes — for example, with its next opponent, the Kangaroos.

While the Kangaroos, whose jumpers alternate between major match-day sponsors Primus and Mazda, host the Easter Monday clash, they will be forced to deviate from vertical stripes to their alternative logo jumper to accommodate Collingwood.

"The Kangaroos have worn various jumpers over the years and they are very good about doing the right thing by us just as we support them getting money from the competitive balance fund," said McGuire. "We gave up our licensing rights in the mid-'80s for the sake of the competition and the least the AFL can do is protect our brand.

"I don't know what the AFL's motive is in all this but we don't have much confidence in them. They don't know what they're talking about. Already this year we've seen the Adelaide Crows play in navy blue socks against us and Hawthorn on Sunday with black and white all over their backs. It took me five years to get them to work out what the umpires should be wearing."

Essendon president Neil McKissock said yesterday that the Bombers' new guernsey — which would be worn between one and three times during the premiership season — would be predominantly red.

"We threw around a few designs at our last board meeting and we won't be moving away from red and black," said McKissock. "They have written a rule which has mandated that we wear an away jumper when we play Richmond, Melbourne and St Kilda in away games. It is under the terms of the new AFL licensing agreement and we have to comply because it overrides our constitution."

Carlton chief executive Michael Malouf said: "The club hasn't reached an official position on this, but the board is aware that we need to consider a clash jumper. Our legal advice is that the AFL's licensing rules dictate this and we're looking at designs at a management level."

As revealed in The Sunday Age last May, the Blues have previously considered introducing a silver clash guernsey with a navy crest.

But McGuire remains adamant the Magpies won't change: "We won't be hiding behind our constitution or our members. We won't be asking anyone to legislate on our behalf. Our members know how far we are prepared to go and to be perfectly honest our players are pretty disappointed about this as well.  "This is the thing that binds football clubs together and once you start tampering with your heritage then you're tampering with your club."

The new AFL guidelines also state that each club may wear an "event" playing uniform once each season to celebrate significant club milestones or events.

By Caroline Wilson http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/04/10/1144521268397.html

Mooted alternative jumpers for Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood.

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 02:12:43 pm »
The Magpies had said they would be prepared to alternate from a black jumper with white stripes to a white jumper with black stripes.

Is it me or has the jumper already been changed?

current

early 90s

Offline Muzzmo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 03:46:40 am »
I see what you mean.

The Magpies have made peripheral changes to their guernsey — to the width of the stripes, to the numbers, white stripes on black jumpers, black stripes on white jumpers — but have never changed it fundamentally. 

Below is a picture of the white backed jumper submitted by Collingwood as an alternative:

Collingwood chief executive Greg Swann told The Age: "We submitted an alternate strip which they (the AFL) rejected and now we are trying to get the reasons why.  We are told we need more white on the jumper but I maintain that we don't clash with anybody except the Kangaroos."

The Kangaroos Easter Monday clash against Collingwood will see both teams playing in vertical stripes with the Roos sticking to their plan to wear their traditional guernsey despite the AFL's belief that the two jumpers clash.

Denying the club had entered into any unofficial agreement with Collingwood to wear an alternate jumper the Kangaroos, rankled by Magpie president Eddie McGuire's comments yesterday, insisted they had no intention of caving in to pressure from either the AFL or its wealthiest Victorian club.

"We'll be wearing our traditional vertical stripes and we won't be deviating from that," said club marketing manager Peter Filopoulos. "We certainly don't have any arrangement with Collingwood and if we've worn our alternate jumper in the past we've never based that on any requirement from Collingwood."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/04/11/1144521337021.html

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 02:06:37 pm »
I can't stand the arrogance of Collingwood but, in this case, I think Eddie and his cronies have a point.

I don't think the Kangaroos should back down either but, if they are happy to change their strip when they play the pies, why should Collingwood change 115 years of history?

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 04:13:54 am »
Round 3 results of the "Aussie circle work and non contested footy" championship:

St Kilda          19.10 124 def. Brisbane Lions 12.15 87
Hawthorn          15.11 101 def. Geelong         6.13 49
Sydney Swans      12. 9  81 def. Carlton        11. 8 74
West Coast Eagles 20.16 136 def. Richmond       14. 6 90
Adelaide          15.12 102 def. Melbourne      14.13 97
Western Bulldogs  15.14 104 def. Essendon       13.15 93
Fremantle         15.20 110 def. Port Adelaide  11.13 79
Collingwood       23.15 153 def. Kangaroos      11.10 76

Geelong get the wake up call, while tense finishes in the Adel v Melb and Western Bulldogs v Essendon games.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 11:11:14 am »
With 2 games left ANZAC round has had a couple of great games.

Western Bulldogs got over the line against Geelong by a point and my team Melbourne fianlly got off the mark by beating the premiers Sidney by just 5.

The ANZAC game against Collingwood & Essendon is sold out at the 'G' and hopfully Essendon can get up. Bad news for Essendon as LLoyd will be out until at least the finals with an Opp on his hamstring.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we forget
Obi-Wan:

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 11:24:02 am »
Got 4 out of 6 so far this weekend. Didn't pick the Tigers and didn't pick the Crows, which I'm spewing about as they are a better side than Freo, but I rationaled that the game was in Perth and the Crows had played on the Gold Coast the week before. The Dockers are a very poor team.

Expecting the Saints and the Pies to come home in the next couple of days.

In one of the tipping comps I'm in some person has picked every result correctly in 3 rounds. That is phenomenal tipping and akin to picking correctly win/lose/draw for every Prem game for 3 weeks.

There will be some very poor tipping scores this weekend: the AFL is an incredibly even competition where any team can toss another at any stage of the season.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 10:52:56 am »
Port V Saints just kicked off.

Been a bit of a scrap already. :D

Port early lead of 12 points.
Obi-Wan:

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 12:14:40 pm »
Don't get me wrong,  i have the up most respect for the ANZAC's (and ANZAC day), but do the AFL have to play the last post before all eight matches (apparently the AFL did it last year as well, but was it done before that?), personally I've found that its lost its gloss, perhaps instead they could have a minutes silence and the ceremony's should be kept for ANZAC day

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2006, 12:57:03 pm »
Don't get me wrong,  i have the up most respect for the ANZAC's (and ANZAC day), but do the AFL have to play the last post before all eight matches (apparently the AFL did it last year as well, but was it done before that?), personally I've found that its lost its gloss, perhaps instead they could have a minutes silence and the ceremony's should be kept for ANZAC day

I have been Almost 6 years so that 5 ANZAC days.

It's a pretty big day in Australia and I have no idea when the AFL started the ANZAC round.

But surely no matter why they do it don't you think that taking a few minutes (15-20 over several days) or so remembering the fallen is not too much to ask of anyone?
Obi-Wan:

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2006, 01:25:03 pm »
Port got up by 4 points and it could of gone either way.

A great game it was.
Obi-Wan:

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 03:41:17 am »
Round 4 results of the "don't go in hard for the ball, you'll only be penalised" championship:

Hawthorn          15.10 100 def. Carlton         9.14  68
Western Bulldogs  14.14  98 def. Geelong        14.13  97
Richmond          14.12  96 def. Brisbane Lions 11.16  82
Adelaide           9.16  70 def. Fremantle       9. 5  59
West Coast Eagles 14.11  95 def. Kangaroos      10.11  71
Melbourne         15. 7  97 def. Sydney Swans   13.14  92
Port Adelaide     19. 8 122 def. St Kilda       18.10 118
Collingwood       15.16 106 def. Essendon       12.17  89

Biggest news this week is the loss of the most accurate goalkicker in the AFL. Matthew Lloyd's hamstring torn off the bone. Bulldogs, Crows, Magpies, Hawks and Eagles all travelling ok.
Having had a family member who was at the hell-hole that was Gallipoli....have to agree with gjr1:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
                                           Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
                                           At the going down of the sun and in the morning
                                           We will remember them.

Lest we forget

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 08:45:01 am »
This time last year I was in Gallipoli and I would be disapointed if it ever lost its meaning.

RIP