Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3899169 times)

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #13760 on: September 23, 2014, 02:23:31 pm »
Can people seriously not see the difference between United under Van Gaal and Moyes?

Van Goon is a spoofer. He will just like Moyes be a failure at United.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13761 on: September 23, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »
I thought you was one of the older heads on the forum? you have trouble controlling your emotions don't you.

I am.

I do.

What's wrong with any of the post though?  Is it that you don't think that, in general we've been dire so far? (One obvious exception from 6 games)
Do you disagree that things could go really badly for the Mancs in the next year or two?
That at the very least they will be shafted in the market in order to get the 3-5 glaring replacements they need next year, and that by then their ageing strike force will also need looking at? That discontent might be rampant if they don't qualify for Europe this season?

Wouldn't our pleasure be even greater had we been, at this point, the 6-8 points clear we might have expected to be, rather than just 1?

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #13762 on: September 23, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »
I am.

I do.

What's wrong with any of the post though?  Is it that you don't think that, in general we've been dire so far? (One obvious exception from 6 games)
Do you disagree that things could go really badly for the Mancs in the next year or two?
That at the very least they will be shafted in the market in order to get the 3-5 glaring replacements they need next year, and that by then their ageing strike force will also need looking at? That discontent might be rampant if they don't qualify for Europe this season?

Wouldn't our pleasure be even greater had we been, at this point, the 6-8 points clear we might have expected to be, rather than just 1?
On the other hand mate, they should  be 9 points ahead of us given the absolute shite they have played so far. :D
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13763 on: September 23, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »
If they don't walk over West Ham on the weekend, L vG can make all the excuses he likes but the knives will be sharpened.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13764 on: September 23, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »
Can people seriously not see the difference between United under Van Gaal and Moyes?

There's been a difference the last two games for sure going forward but equal has been the decline at the back. I could understand the slow start if you faced a similar start to last season but not with these opponents.

Swansea.....Sunderland.....Burnley
"Say it again"
QPR.....Leicester
"Say it again"
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13765 on: September 23, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »
If they don't walk over West Ham on the weekend, L vG can make all the excuses he likes but the knives will be sharpened.

Already started mate.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #13766 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:39 pm »

Of course there is a big difference, but considering that you bought Di Maria, Falcao and a few more a difference should be expected. There is undoubtably more quality on the pitch. I just wonder how many points Moyes would have gotten with the same players... ;)
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
« Reply #13767 on: September 23, 2014, 03:03:51 pm »
For sure, I can see the difference.

Offline Just Dan

• cing on the precipice - it's a long way, Dan!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13768 on: September 23, 2014, 03:17:06 pm »

To tell the truth. Not really no and the table proves it. In fact the current table suggests you are slightly worse with van Gaal than Moyes at this stage. Moyes had tough fixtures to begin with. People forget that.

You really couldn't have picked better fixtures for Man United this season even if you picked them yourself by hand. You've played all 3 promoted sides. Swansea at home and Sunderland away. You have no European football this season so players get bigger rests between matches. You really couldn't have picked better fixtures for a start to a season and its been a complete failure.

Liverpool haven't been brilliant themselves, tough fixtures in comparison, yet you still find yourselves a point behind. 

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13769 on: September 23, 2014, 03:24:45 pm »
Cantona, I'm 90% sure your club will improve under van Gaal. His overall track record is very good. I think this year you'll fall short of top 4 due to all the changes, and I say that trying to be as unbiased as possible. The competition's too tough. No doubt to me you'll be in the mix next season along with City, Chelsea, us & Arsenal. Perhaps Spurs too if they give their manager time.

Until then though, we'll enjoy poking a little fun at the Dutch Wonder's expense while we can.  ;D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13770 on: September 23, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »
I'll be fair for a moment Cantona.

Almost from the start (with the rare exception) your football was turgid under Moyes and he seemed out of his depth whenever he spoke to the media. We could tell it was a bad fit and so it proved.

This season you have a manager that has proven himself to be successful, and at the same time has a reputation for being a bit of a hot head. That in itself means things could go either way. You've spent a shedload on attacking players so you'd expect to see some extra fluency compared to last season, and in that respect you can say the signs are promising (based on the defences of QPR and Leicester admittedly). I think you won't struggle to score this season in the way you did last year.

On the flip side, despite spending a fair whack on the defence too it currently looks an absolute shambles. I know we're not looking good in that department either (but I'll ignore that for now!). Somehow, a club of your size has gone into the season with an 18(?) year old rookie as part of the first choice line up. The other options there are hardly inspiring either. That said, the way things are going I have no doubt you'll overspend there too and fix the problem in some way (or at least improve things) in January.

All in all then I think you'll be better this season, certainly an easier watch from your point of view. I think the further changes that you need will come to late this season though. Given the average starts from all but Chelsea the door is ajar for you to make top 4 and if you get that I think Van Gaal stays, you spend more and you improve again. If you don't make it then things could get really fun. It's on a knife edge.

Now, I don't like being fair to you so excuse me whilst I hose myself down with Dettol.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13771 on: September 23, 2014, 03:51:08 pm »
The thing is it looks like the way to improve is the January transfer window. Where people think they need to spend Ł100m .

Now I ask you this...Clubs in the Champions League aren't going to selling their best defenders just because Man utd come calling. Proven defenders will want to be in the CL. If United aren't close to challenging for a top 4 spot, and that is realistic. Why would proven defenders go there?

Of course United can treble their salary, give them Ł150 thousand a week or whatever, and they might tempt someone. But then you have mercenaries. If United don't finish in the top 4, their contract if their agent is any good, would have release clauses. Which will cause more upheaval.

Then there's Januzaj. He scored a hat trick for their U21's last week with L vG in attendance. Came on as a late sub. He is rumored to be upset he's not really in Van Gaals plans. He wants to start. It's also rumored he'd like to be loaned out in January or even sold. Which shows the camp is not full of happy campers. I doubt they'd sell him but you don't need unhappy players around.

Offline The Batman.

• Kopite
  • I'm Batman...
« Reply #13772 on: September 23, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »
The thing is it looks like the way to improve is the January transfer window. Where people think they need to spend Ł100m .

Now I ask you this...Clubs in the Champions League aren't going to selling their best defenders just because Man utd come calling. Proven defenders will want to be in the CL. If United aren't close to challenging for a top 4 spot, and that is realistic. Why would proven defenders go there?

Of course United can treble their salary, give them Ł150 thousand a week or whatever, and they might tempt someone. But then you have mercenaries. If United don't finish in the top 4, their contract if their agent is any good, would have release clauses. Which will cause more upheaval.

Money. That simple. It worked for small clubs like Chelsea and City and PSG. United are one of the worlds top 5 biggest clubs probably so I'm sure they could still get some.
“It’s everything. For the people of Liverpool, football is a way of life. For many other cites or countries it’s a sport and it’s a pastime but football here is a way of life”

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13773 on: September 23, 2014, 04:21:02 pm »
Money. That simple. It worked for small clubs like Chelsea and City and PSG. United are one of the worlds top 5 biggest clubs probably so I'm sure they could still get some.

Yeah..heard that before.

A few things.

1: they aren't bankrolled by willing billionaires.

2: Chelsea and City didn't turn their fortunes around in one or two seasons.

3: Glazers are only interested in making enough money to skim their profits out. Their marketing side will see to that. But there won't be Ł100's of millions of spare change left over every transfer window. And they don't have players they can sell for big profits to compensate.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13774 on: September 23, 2014, 04:26:15 pm »
They will definitely invest big in defense in January and next Summer. Players pop up and United will be first in with massive offers.

The question will be whether Van Gaal will stick it out until then, if they keep fucking up.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #13775 on: September 23, 2014, 04:28:01 pm »
Also.. adidas deal can also be reduced by as much as 30% if no shows in CL for two consecutive seasons from 2015/16.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13776 on: September 23, 2014, 04:30:34 pm »
I find it hard to believe they weren't after better players than Rojo in the summerer

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13777 on: September 23, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »
Would love to take Januzaj off their hands

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13778 on: September 23, 2014, 04:32:37 pm »
Would love to take Januzaj off their hands

Will end up at somewhere like Dortmund, Roma, Fiorentina etc. I reckon.

I find it hard to believe they weren't after better players than Rojo in the summerer

World Cup buy if I have ever seen one.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13779 on: September 23, 2014, 04:40:00 pm »

First, second choices etc all knocked them back (Hummels, Benatia et al) apparently.  Was he bought as a LB or a CB?  United fans were banging on about him being the LCB in a back 3. 

Tim Vickery says he wasn't rated highly before the WC, so he does seem to have been a last minute choice (or maybe VG has always liked him).  Which is laughable if so, considering Utd fans think we bought Origi off the back of a few WC games, when in fact we'd been scouting him for years. 

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13780 on: September 23, 2014, 04:40:47 pm »
They will definitely invest big in defense in January and next Summer. Players pop up and United will be first in with massive offers.

The question will be whether Van Gaal will stick it out until then, if they keep fucking up.

What makes you think that?

Last January they bought Juan Mata. Probably overpaid but Mourinho didn't want him. Que the Mancs will challenge for 4th now, woe is me, sky is falling, posts in here. And the media also claimed United would as well.

How'd that turn out?

Chances are they might get one decent player in come January but they won't be spending 100 mil.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #13781 on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »
Also.. adidas deal can also be reduced by as much as 30% if no shows in CL for two consecutive seasons from 2015/16.

It will also be reduced by inflation. It's a record deal only in today's pounds, dollars or euros. It might be reduced by another 15 to 20 percent if the deal doesn't adjust for inflation and depending upon what currency Adidas uses. Utd really need to make the CL to make this deal work for them. Otherwise, it may not be nearly as lucrative as the press has made it out to be. 

Offline Madan

• Chaulet. Made in Manchestah. Grand Old Team. Undecided.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13782 on: September 23, 2014, 04:57:38 pm »
Their attack is not bad at all, but it is absolutely correct to have reservations about them. At the moment, their whole attack is based on Angel di Maria. Do you agree? Since Di Maria arrived, their attack looks way better than before. And if they manage to keep him fit and fit him in to the team with two of Rooney, RVP and Falcao they will always score goals. The problem for them is not the attack though. Yesterday they started 5 attacking players (Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney, RVP and Falcao). None of them seems to be capable to do a defensive job though. They've got a "defensive" midfielder adapting to a new league protecting their back 4 consisting out of Rafael (who likes to play offensively and defends rather stupidly), Evans (who's now hurt again), Rojo (who's adapting to a new league and really hasn't played well yet) and Blackett (a rookie who seems to be a bit overwhelmed at the moment and got a red card). Smalling got on for the injured Evans and played even worse. To their credit they've got a great goalkeeper who can play there for the next 10 years.

While you consequently laud their attack you just forget about their defense which is in absolute shambles. There is no balance whatsoever in their team, and their opponents know they can always score against this United team and win the game, even though they're one or two goals down.

Have a look at it this way: they have not played a single hard/big game this season and their defense have been shown up already. Against teams with a settled defense and midfield they wouldn't stand a chance. I would like to see ManUnited play some of the teams who actually try to play football. Swansea plays decent and they've won against a high on confidence United. Against the likes of ManCity, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Southampton with this attack-defense balance they don't look like getting points, never mind wins. And that's precisely what happens when new players have to adapt to a new coach with several new systems.

Di Maria does dictate their tempo of play, but the same can be said for ourselves, with how much we rely on Sturridge. You can't exactly argue that they have the case of relying on one player, when we are the same.

Their defence is a mess, but we can hardly preach. Our backline is a shambles in itself. Just like them, we also lack the ability to control and dominate through the middle but the edge they have is that they have more goals and creativity coming through the likes of Di Maria and Herrera. We can't say the same for Henderson and Allen.

I think both of us have very similar issues in the back and the middle of the park - being soft centred and possessing the ability to dominate a game, but frankly they have the edge in goal production from their centre midfield and attack.

That'll be the difference between both of us in the end.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13783 on: September 23, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »
Rags are reporting he's losing the dressing room already...
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13784 on: September 23, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »

Louis #VanGaal after the #Leicester game.....

Just randomly stumbled upon this while looking for footie results.

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #13785 on: September 23, 2014, 05:08:00 pm »
Di Maria does dictate their tempo of play, but the same can be said for ourselves, with how much we rely on Sturridge. You can't exactly argue that they have the case of relying on one player, when we are the same.

Their defence is a mess, but we can hardly preach. Our backline is a shambles in itself. Just like them, we also lack the ability to control and dominate through the middle but the edge they have is that they have more goals and creativity coming through the likes of Di Maria and Herrera. We can't say the same for Henderson and Allen.

I think both of us have very similar issues in the back and the middle of the park - being soft centred and possessing the ability to dominate a game, but frankly they have the edge in goal production from their centre midfield and attack.

Now you put it like that, I'm convinced.

Manchester United are better than us. They're just... better.

I'm going to start supporting them. I feel like such a delusional twat. All I needed was the kind of forensic grasp of Manchester United's players, statistics and formations that can only come from being a true fan.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #13786 on: September 23, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »

Just randomly stumbled upon this while looking for footie results.
You'd think he'd want to avoid any reminders of Jamie Vardy - not imitate his haircut!

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13787 on: September 23, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »
Rags talk rubbish most of the time. Might be true though. So I have invested in an enormous amount of popcorn. Just in case like.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #13788 on: September 23, 2014, 05:09:58 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13789 on: September 23, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13790 on: September 23, 2014, 05:12:28 pm »

Specific quotes but no names. Looks like Giggs is briefing the rags once again.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13791 on: September 23, 2014, 05:19:21 pm »
"why the fuck was di maria taken off" was apparently said in the dressing room.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #13792 on: September 23, 2014, 05:24:49 pm »
Brilliant.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13794 on: September 23, 2014, 05:31:37 pm »
I am.

I do.

I only care about us to be truthful mate, rest of the teams i just enjoy laughing at for bit of entertainment. As for us yes we have been bad but we have not regressed like you assume, as you say its 6 games lets see how we look after Jan?

As for Man u agree with everything you say.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13795 on: September 23, 2014, 05:43:16 pm »

We can talk about United as a separate entity you know, without your agenda comparisons .  They are looking shite at the moment, especially defensively, even the midfield.  Leicester gave them too much respect for the first hour in the game on Sunday, until it seemed to click that they could have more of a go at them.  They look brittle mentally too, did you see the clips where they were all pointing in different directions? They were completely out of sorts.  I don't think that it's a happy club at the moment either - not that I quite (yet) believe the stories of unrest in the dressing room...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #13796 on: September 23, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »

Last season when Liverpool beat United 3-0 did you enjoy it?

Offline Busby

• was a Liverpool player
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13797 on: September 23, 2014, 06:17:53 pm »
Specific quotes but no names. Looks like Giggs is briefing the rags once again.

It's more likely to be paper nonsense though. The media haven't forgiven us for getting rid of good old Moyesy like.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #13798 on: September 23, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »
Last season when Liverpool beat United 3-0 did you enjoy it?

I did, it was funny.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #13799 on: September 23, 2014, 06:24:13 pm »
They look brittle mentally too, did you see the clips where they were all pointing in different directions? They were completely out of sorts. 

Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!