Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3129368 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - BEN THE BLADE
« Reply #440 on: August 7, 2021, 11:14:19 pm »
-we will get less for our players that what we would expect based on previous windows
-discounts for top talent doesn’t seem to be there- I can’t think of many deals where someone has been robbed? It doesn’t make sense to sell a major asset at below market value unless they have short time left on their contract (even then some teams prefer to let the player leave on a free)

That all said, the club employees some immensely talented and smart people so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do play a blinder-

A lot of clubs are struggling because of the pandemic. They will wait until the last week of the window, but then they will have to sell. I still remember how we got Salah for only €40 million, because Roma had to sell before June 30th, in order to balance the books. Edwards is pretty good at this shit ...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #441 on: August 7, 2021, 11:14:42 pm »
To be honest, I'm not so disappointed that we haven't signed a forward or a midfielder.

What perplexes me is why we haven't managed to find a home for Origi when at this stage we really just want him off our books.

Would take 5m for him, to be honest. All this talk about wanting 15m is just crazy talk, when he's barely going to play all season, and when we already self-sabotaged by asking for too much money two seasons ago.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #442 on: August 7, 2021, 11:34:49 pm »
So the fake thing about Inter being in financial trouble being fake, is that real? Cos I read it was fake.

It’s a real fake, aye.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #443 on: August 8, 2021, 12:07:47 am »
To be honest, I'm not so disappointed that we haven't signed a forward or a midfielder.

What perplexes me is why we haven't managed to find a home for Origi when at this stage we really just want him off our books.

Would take 5m for him, to be honest. All this talk about wanting 15m is just crazy talk, when he's barely going to play all season, and when we already self-sabotaged by asking for too much money two seasons ago.

No one on here knows if we’ve tried to sign anyone else, or if we have a deal in the pipeline for someone. For all we know we could have 2 new faces in a couple of weeks and the likes of Origi are about to be sold.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: August 8, 2021, 12:16:53 am »
What perplexes me is why we haven't managed to find a home for Origi

He's not a fucking spaniel, mate!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #445 on: August 8, 2021, 12:21:03 am »
He's not a fucking spaniel, mate!
Remember, an Origi is not just for Christmas, an Origi is for life (of his contract)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: August 8, 2021, 12:27:29 am »
To be honest, I wouldn't mind Origi staying with us this summer, as long as we sell Shaqiri. Jota, Origi, Minamino and Elliott would make a nice backup attacking unit, and Ox and Jones can also play in attack ...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: August 8, 2021, 12:34:49 am »
To be honest, I wouldn't mind Origi staying with us this summer, as long as we sell Shaqiri. Jota, Origi, Minamino and Elliott would make a nice backup attacking unit, and Ox and Jones can also play in attack ...

He’s a good boy. Make sure he gets his worming tablets and flea jabs. He likes his tummy tickled too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #448 on: August 8, 2021, 02:11:20 am »
I think Jurgen could get a tune out of Origi to this very day if he wanted to, he just has other options in mind. Dont believe we really need to sell him to buy either, at least prior to buying anyway. We find a stand alone bargain in the market for whatever it is we want long term we will grab it all day imo notwithstanding divock. I also think if he were in the squad Klopp could find him useful.

But id rather have 15 mill and doku its true.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline iamadooddood

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #449 on: August 8, 2021, 03:16:46 am »
So the fake thing about Inter being in financial trouble being fake, is that real? Cos I read it was fake.
From what I understand, the ones in financial trouble are not Inter themselves, but their owners (apparently that's already been the case for a while, in fact). Probably not on the verge of liquidation, though.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #450 on: August 8, 2021, 07:36:05 am »

Elliott is being groomed to be an 8. He does not have Salah or Mane's pace but has excellent vision and passing range. He will not be playing as a forward in 4-3-3. A 10/8 in 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4 and an 8 in 4-3-3. Regardless, we'll see Ox play as a forward ahead of Harvey which makes sense to me.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: August 8, 2021, 07:44:55 am »
More twitter rumblings about Nat Phillips to Newcastle today, but I'm unsure if they're reflecting new developments or rehashing old links to spice the general dullness.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: August 8, 2021, 07:58:40 am »
Elliott is being groomed to be an 8. He does not have Salah or Mane's pace but has excellent vision and passing range. He will not be playing as a forward in 4-3-3. A 10/8 in 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4 and an 8 in 4-3-3. Regardless, we'll see Ox play as a forward ahead of Harvey which makes sense to me.

Well that will save a lot of time,effort and treasure in his development.

Maybe we will set up 1-1-1-1-1-5
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: August 8, 2021, 09:14:21 am »
More twitter rumblings about Nat Phillips to Newcastle today, but I'm unsure if they're reflecting new developments or rehashing old links to spice the general dullness.

Let's hope that's not true, unless we're planning on bringing in another CB.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #454 on: August 8, 2021, 09:29:56 am »
From what I understand, the ones in financial trouble are not Inter themselves, but their owners (apparently that's already been the case for a while, in fact). Probably not on the verge of liquidation, though.
This is somewhat true. Inter aren’t gigantic commercially, doing pretty well but sitting behind the likes of Atleti, Dortmund, Juve and Arsenal when it comes to revenue and club value. Their owners, Suning Corporation, have bad short-term debt to the tune of half a billion that they’re currently being chased for and unable to pay to multiple debtors in the domestic Chinese markets. The Jiangsu Government, in who’s jurisdiction Suning lie, now see the previously successful holding company as somewhat of a regional embarrassment and are looking to flog them off to the highest bidder and are approaching multiple corporations in hope one will buy up and restructure Suning. Alibaba are rumoured to be interested in a controlling stake.

With all that turmoil, there really isn’t the budget for massive input on the footballing side with Inter Milan. Suning bought Inter when the Chinese government were extremely pro-football and domestic growth as social tool, with the intent to use Inter in a similar way to how City and PSG are reputation-enhancing vehicles for their owner and the owner’s country/state. Not too long ago, the Chinese government pulled the plug on the incentives and assistance that corporations were being given to promote football domestically and internationally, hence the sudden end to all the mad rumours of top class players going to play in China. Some Corps, Suning included, just completely ceased operations of their football teams, because in their eyes, without the assistance of the government and the cache that gave them, what was the point in running a loss making endeavour such as a football team. Suning dissolved their own club, Jiangsu Suning 3 months into a league campaign. Just shut the doors and hung up a sign when they’d already commenced fixtures and had a full plying squad including players like Eder and Alex Teixeira (remember him?). This was a side that had won the Chinese Super League the previous season, they weren’t some no-hopers.

So Inter have been retained as a business rather than for the previous sportswashing purposes, which dramatically changes the intent with what they want to do. When they got Conte, they spent big of Lukaku, Hakimi, Barella etc. Now, they’ll be slowly selling off their best players and hoping to remain competitive whilst generating profit through continuous sales and growth. When the Super League failed to go ahead, that really sounded the death knell for Inter. The golden ticket to increased revenue out the window, and a newly demotivated owner who has so many issues in their more important domestic market that running an Italian football club to a decent standard isn’t high on the list of priorities.

Suning recently refinanced the club with a $336m deal with a US holdings firm, but the back end of the deal looks dodgy as fuck. Just as AC Milan were acquired by a US hedge fund from a Chinese ownership group following failure to pay debts, I reckon the city’s second side will be in US hands before too long. Barella, De Vrij and Lautaro are all reportedly for sale for the right price. Hakimi and Lukaku gone. It’s all gone a bit wrong.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2021, 09:32:29 am by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - BEN THE BLADE, NAT THE BARCODE
« Reply #455 on: August 8, 2021, 09:31:46 am »
other than Origi's purple patch in the 2016 EL run & CL moments in 2019 he has never been a consistent performer anywhere.

Lille the season he signed he was in the worst team of the season.
Very poor at Wolfsburg who had no interest in signing him.

This opinion that he would do very well elsewhere after barely playing in the last 3 years is deluded.
I dont think he starts for any other team in the PL not even Brentford.

Teams who would take him cant afford his wages I would think. Most likely some bottom half Bundesliga sides

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #456 on: August 8, 2021, 09:34:42 am »
Feel like we’re gonna pull one out of the bag again, a bit like inggs to villa. That wasn’t reported anyway and fully kept under wraps

Basically, mbappe confirmed

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: August 8, 2021, 10:06:51 am »

Still, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Minamino, Origi, Ox, Elliott and Jones is very good attacking unit, no matter if we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. We are not short of attacking options. Of course, we could still improve it, if Shaqiri and Origi leave ...

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 8, 2021, 10:08:10 am »
This is somewhat true. Inter aren’t gigantic commercially, doing pretty well but sitting behind the likes of Atleti, Dortmund, Juve and Arsenal when it comes to revenue and club value. Their owners, Suning Corporation, have bad short-term debt to the tune of half a billion that they’re currently being chased for and unable to pay to multiple debtors in the domestic Chinese markets. The Jiangsu Government, in who’s jurisdiction Suning lie, now see the previously successful holding company as somewhat of a regional embarrassment and are looking to flog them off to the highest bidder and are approaching multiple corporations in hope one will buy up and restructure Suning. Alibaba are rumoured to be interested in a controlling stake.

With all that turmoil, there really isn’t the budget for massive input on the footballing side with Inter Milan. Suning bought Inter when the Chinese government were extremely pro-football and domestic growth as social tool, with the intent to use Inter in a similar way to how City and PSG are reputation-enhancing vehicles for their owner and the owner’s country/state. Not too long ago, the Chinese government pulled the plug on the incentives and assistance that corporations were being given to promote football domestically and internationally, hence the sudden end to all the mad rumours of top class players going to play in China. Some Corps, Suning included, just completely ceased operations of their football teams, because in their eyes, without the assistance of the government and the cache that gave them, what was the point in running a loss making endeavour such as a football team. Suning dissolved their own club, Jiangsu Suning 3 months into a league campaign. Just shut the doors and hung up a sign when they’d already commenced fixtures and had a full plying squad including players like Eder and Alex Teixeira (remember him?). This was a side that had won the Chinese Super League the previous season, they weren’t some no-hopers.

So Inter have been retained as a business rather than for the previous sportswashing purposes, which dramatically changes the intent with what they want to do. When they got Conte, they spent big of Lukaku, Hakimi, Barella etc. Now, they’ll be slowly selling off their best players and hoping to remain competitive whilst generating profit through continuous sales and growth. When the Super League failed to go ahead, that really sounded the death knell for Inter. The golden ticket to increased revenue out the window, and a newly demotivated owner who has so many issues in their more important domestic market that running an Italian football club to a decent standard isn’t high on the list of priorities.

Suning recently refinanced the club with a $336m deal with a US holdings firm, but the back end of the deal looks dodgy as fuck. Just as AC Milan were acquired by a US hedge fund from a Chinese ownership group following failure to pay debts, I reckon the city’s second side will be in US hands before too long. Barella, De Vrij and Lautaro are all reportedly for sale for the right price. Hakimi and Lukaku gone. It’s all gone a bit wrong.
Was going to tackle that question but yours is far more detailed and informative than mine would ever have been, especially on the internal Chinese situation. Imagine breaking Juve’s stranglehold on the Scudetto in May, and being asset-stripped in August.

Only thing left to say is….Barella and Lautaro please.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: August 8, 2021, 10:31:11 am »
Just get Barella and Martinez and shut up shop for the year.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: August 8, 2021, 10:40:14 am »
Wouldn't be surprised if we sign no one else now imo. See how Keita and Ox & Minamino get on up until Christmas and reassess in January.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #461 on: August 8, 2021, 10:41:39 am »
Not wanting to come off as vultures - but the situation at Inter is exactly the kind of opportunity in the market our spin machine constantly says we’re waiting for

You can go and get the best young Firmino successor in world football ………..

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: August 8, 2021, 10:44:19 am »
Not wanting to come off as vultures - but the situation at Inter is exactly the kind of opportunity in the market our spin machine constantly says we’re waiting for

You can go and get the best young Firmino successor in world football ………..
Better to be a vulture than carrion.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 8, 2021, 10:45:03 am »

Not for me. The value of Origi is dropping like a stone and to be honest I am starting to question his heart for the game. A move for him will do him the world to do and us.

I would rather keep Shaq than Origi.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 8, 2021, 10:45:52 am »
Inter don't exactly look like they're letting players go for a song, though, do they? Nearly 100m for Lukaku, about 60 for Hakimi. What would Martinez go for? 70-80m?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: August 8, 2021, 10:48:05 am »
Inter don't exactly look like they're letting players go for a song, though, do they? Nearly 100m for Lukaku, about 60 for Hakimi. What would Martinez go for? 70-80m?
About that, the top end of our budget/transfer record, but absolutely worth it for a player like Lautaro.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: August 8, 2021, 10:51:22 am »
Better to be a vulture than carrion.

Yep,feast on that Inter carcass Mikey if there's anyone Jurgen would love to play for us.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #467 on: August 8, 2021, 10:53:38 am »
I actually don't lift weights anymore. She'd be impressed mate.

just show her your maltese boxing championship belt and she will be powerless to resist you mate.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #468 on: August 8, 2021, 10:55:31 am »
Wouldn't be surprised if we sign no one else now imo. See how Keita and Ox & Minamino get on up until Christmas and reassess in January.
Reasess in January? They may do many things but being active in January is not likely 😁

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #469 on: August 8, 2021, 11:00:35 am »
with all the talk of the lack of transfer activity from the club at the moment let as not forget that our biggest and best signing this season will come in the form of having a full fortress Anfield . Having the 12 man, woman and child back will be such a boost and no signing can match that. Keep the faith.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #470 on: August 8, 2021, 11:02:00 am »
Not sure what the logic of another "buy now, pay later" deal with Phillips is unless they are trying to try and free up wages for an incoming? Can they account for the money now?
We have all the risk of not having defensive cover and none of the benefit otherwise.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 8, 2021, 11:06:19 am »
Just get Barella and Martinez and shut up shop for the year.
if we signed those two and didn't sign anyone next year because of it no one could moan. They are the two perfect signings for us right now. And deal with the issue we have of an aging team long term.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #472 on: August 8, 2021, 11:09:12 am »
Not sure what the logic of another "buy now, pay later" deal with Phillips is unless they are trying to try and free up wages for an incoming? Can they account for the money now?
We have all the risk of not having defensive cover and none of the benefit otherwise.
You can put the money in this years accounts for FFP purposes..

But it helps cash flow in later years.

Although you could just sell the debt on to a third party and get the cash and the book value now.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 8, 2021, 11:12:06 am »

We have plenty of income and very little risk, now that we know what the future will be. We can afford to allow smaller clubs leeway in how they pay for our outgoing players. The importance is less in the immediate payment than the fact that they're clearing up space in the squad.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #474 on: August 8, 2021, 11:15:03 am »
Possibly. Or, if they are still desperate for money, the more players leave, the more the others will push to leave and less leverage Inter will have to hold to their valuations.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: August 8, 2021, 11:22:11 am »
PSG now (post Messi) open to offers for up to ten of their players - the market is gonna be mental this last few weeks/days/hours.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: August 8, 2021, 11:39:14 am »
PSG now (post Messi) open to offers for up to ten of their players - the market is gonna be mental this last few weeks/days/hours.

Wouldn't mind someone like Leandro Paredes or that Gini fella.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: August 8, 2021, 11:42:51 am »
Not sure how many people you would want from PSG. What do people think of Icardi? Never been 100% convinced with him.

Sarabia looked quite good at the euros.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: August 8, 2021, 11:50:26 am »
other than Origi's purple patch in the 2016 EL run & CL moments in 2019 he has never been a consistent performer anywhere.

Lille the season he signed he was in the worst team of the season.
Very poor at Wolfsburg who had no interest in signing him.

This opinion that he would do very well elsewhere after barely playing in the last 3 years is deluded.
I dont think he starts for any other team in the PL not even Brentford.

Teams who would take him cant afford his wages I would think. Most likely some bottom half Bundesliga sides

You've had some hot takes in this thread all summer but this one takes the cake. 

You're just saying these things to get attention right?  You can't really believe that Origi wouldn't start for any other team in the PL right? 

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: August 8, 2021, 11:58:14 am »
We have an excellent first 11, the best in the league, Kelleher is a very competent #2 at this point, and has very good potential to improve, defensively sound, with good cover options, maybe Neco as RB cover isn't ideal, midfield could maybe do with a bit more guile, which as some have already mentioned maybe Harvey is being groomed for, up front, second to none, but again, some concerns over the cover options.

If this is the squad that starts the season, then I'm satisfied, no point buying players just for the sake of it.