Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123469 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - BEN THE BLADE
« Reply #241 on: August 6, 2021, 06:43:51 pm »

The more times we quote this, the more we think about it, the closer it becomes to reality. It may be a parallel reality, but who cares...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: August 6, 2021, 06:46:54 pm »
The more times we quote this, the more we think about it, the closer it becomes to reality. It may be a parallel reality, but who cares...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #243 on: August 6, 2021, 06:48:58 pm »
The Mbappe-Origi swap deal is ON! This has been brewing in the background for some time now. Inquiries have been Made!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #244 on: August 6, 2021, 06:53:58 pm »
Finally some comic relief.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #245 on: August 6, 2021, 06:54:09 pm »
The Mbappe-Origi swap deal is ON! This has been brewing in the background for some time now. Inquiries have been Made!
They both play off the left.

Sadio lad, you can play centre forward for a bit.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline iamadooddood

• Main Stander
« Reply #246 on: August 6, 2021, 06:54:53 pm »
;D

Don’t wonder too long about that would be my advice.
But I like my thought experiments.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 6, 2021, 07:14:00 pm »

I wonder what constitutes a financial “scramble” over at the Parc des Princes? Given they are effectively owned and backed by the sovereign wealth fund of Qatar, you’d think they have a bottomless pit of money. Or am I missing something?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #248 on: August 6, 2021, 07:20:39 pm »
I wonder what constitutes a financial “scramble” over at the Parc des Princes? Given they are effectively owned and backed by the sovereign wealth fund of Qatar, you’d think they have a bottomless pit of money. Or am I missing something?

It's all just a charade to make it seem as if they are concerned with FFP which is just suspended, not gone, for last year and this year.  Since they now run UEFA/ECA they can't be super flagrant in telling everybody to get fucked like ManC do.  In the end he'll re-sign with a bump in salary would be my guess.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 6, 2021, 07:20:46 pm »

Scramble to create a fake sponsorship deal snd make it look as legit as they can e.g Qatar skiing company for £200M over 4 years

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 6, 2021, 07:33:29 pm »
It's all just a charade to make it seem as if they are concerned with FFP which is just suspended, not gone, for last year and this year.  Since they now run UEFA/ECA they can't be super flagrant in telling everybody to get fucked like ManC do.  In the end he'll re-sign with a bump in salary would be my guess.
I get that, but why brief they’re looking to sell Mbappe to make Messi happen? That’s not going to go down well with Kylian & Family.

Scramble to create a fake sponsorship deal snd make it look as legit as they can e.g Qatar skiing company for £200M over 4 years
What, like salmon fishing in the Yemen? ;)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 6, 2021, 07:35:24 pm »
The Qatar Skiing Company is a world class facility that's cheaper than the jet set skiing facilities in Austria and Switzerland for fucks sakes.   

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #252 on: August 6, 2021, 07:55:56 pm »
"How'd you convince him to move to Liverpool, Jurgen?"

"Kylian? It was really nothing."
"Apparently he has a girlfriend in Cromer. I know, I know! But I hear it's really serious..."
« Last Edit: August 6, 2021, 10:34:41 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #253 on: August 6, 2021, 08:19:28 pm »
I get that, but why brief they’re looking to sell Mbappe to make Messi happen? That’s not going to go down well with Kylian & Family.

God knows but we can dream that we can somehow benefit :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #254 on: August 6, 2021, 08:24:11 pm »

Oh yes, I'm sure in the end he'll be really upset...

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: August 6, 2021, 08:36:17 pm »
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 6, 2021, 08:38:53 pm »

They may lose Mbappe on a free next season, so they are not exactly in a strong position when it comes to him. Getting Messi might just save face for them.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 6, 2021, 08:49:42 pm »

Disagree on Firmino's best days being behind him, he's not hugely reliant on pace and we can't really read much into his form last season due to the crazy circumstances. I think we're just looking to offer him an extension last because he's a level below our other forwards.
I was saying what pearces thinks from the article. Also is role is more a of a 10 then a 9 however the biggest factor his is ability to press and do super well. That doesn't age well normally partially for a forward, Think of Diego Costa falling off at 29 after moving back to spain.
Im not saying he will but it a concern, however he super good tactically for the role so that may help.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 6, 2021, 09:08:12 pm »
They may lose Mbappe on a free next season, so they are not exactly in a strong position when it comes to him. Getting Messi might just save face for them.
That could be it. If they sign Messi but lose Mbappe in the same window everyone's still thinking about Messi, but if Mbappe leaves next summer on a free it'll give their entire window a negative outlook regardless of who they sign.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: August 6, 2021, 09:24:11 pm »
It's a weird one. Bizarrely they may find it difficult to shift Mbappe this summer. RM are skint, Man City have loaded it on Grealish, Chelsea are after Lukaku. Maybe these clubs will change their plans for him.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 6, 2021, 09:29:49 pm »
It's a weird one. Bizarrely they may find it difficult to shift Mbappe this summer. RM are skint, Man City have loaded it on Grealish, Chelsea are after Lukaku. Maybe these clubs will change their plans for him.
There is another club that might be interested at a ted above 100m...

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: August 6, 2021, 09:50:56 pm »
There is another club that might be interested at a ted above 100m...
I know the journos have said before about Liverpool having the money for a generational talent but even if he was available for £100m I couldn't see our owners authorising it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #262 on: August 6, 2021, 09:57:01 pm »
I know the journos have said before about Liverpool having the money for a generational talent but even if he was available for £100m I couldn't see our owners authorising it.
Nah, that’s nonsense. The issue will be more convincing him not to go to Real and covering his wages.

But there are other issues.  One of these is cash.  PSG, City, Chelsea?  They don’t have to worry about cash in the bank.  They’re not run like a normal business in any way, they don’t have to worry about cash flow.  We do.

And after Covid? Cash flow might well be an issue.  It’s difficult to know really.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 6, 2021, 09:58:52 pm »
I could. Especially after Alisson, which was a very expensive (but worth it ten times over) transfer coup.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 6, 2021, 10:01:40 pm »
I could. Especially after Alisson, which was a very expensive (but worth it ten times over) transfer coup.

That was only after selling Coutinho, though?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 6, 2021, 10:10:47 pm »
Mbappe is highly likely to go to Madrid if he leaves PSG.

He isn’t coming here if he decides to move to England which I doubt he will 3 clubs would be in front of us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 6, 2021, 10:21:10 pm »

Alisson wasn’t on anywhere near as much as Mbappe would be on? Mbappe would be on what, 4 or 5 times more?

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 6, 2021, 10:21:25 pm »
Mbappe is highly likely to go to Madrid if he leaves PSG.

He isn’t coming here if he decides to move to England which I doubt he will 3 clubs would be in front of us.

Like Alisson, or Virgil? Some players choose a different path.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 6, 2021, 10:29:35 pm »
Mbappe is very unlikely, but crazy as it is to even say, there’s a chance!

Real Madrid might be his preferred destination, but they will still be there after a few years at Liverpool. Zidane is out of the picture, and so the chance to play under Klopp comes into focus.

Two issues to overcome now. Fee, if this window, and wages.

Fee? Maybe there’s a sense in which we have managed our resources frugally and while we can’t quite afford an Mbappe, we find a way to make it happen. Don’t want to make it an accountant thread, but we are talking about a special talent.

If we are still miles away on the fee, I half wonder if there’s an outside chance we would send Mo the other way in exchange? I don’t want to do that, but the age of the team needs to come down a bit, and while Mo is one of the last ones you would sacrifice, for Mbappe you probably would do it. That would be debatable, but I would do it.

Wages is the next big hurdle. Signing up our main big players on new deals means we are now potentially open to an even bigger financial fish. If Mo left we are most of the way there on wages, as to renew his deal, which we would be looking to do, will cost a pretty penny. And then there’s the Nike factor. I know they can’t directly subsidize wages, but arguably he would be a Nike ambassador with his own personal Nike deal, and moving to Liverpool could boost that deal.

Ideally we find a way to do this and keep everyone we want to keep.
Less than ideal would be to let someone go who we don’t want to lose, but you might do it for Mbappe.

I feel like a crackpot for even thinking like this, but the funny thing is, unlikely as signing Mbappe is, Im not willing to rule it out completely.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2021, 10:32:30 pm by G Richards »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 6, 2021, 10:33:01 pm »

Like Alisson, or Virgil? Some players choose a different path.

Those two came from smaller clubs to us and had a wage increase here.

PSG are a medium sized club with lots of money he might admire us but he isn’t taking a pay cut to play here.

Spain offers a better lifestyle off the pitch as well plus you don’t get the sh*t kicked out of you by 6ft cloggers each week too !!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #270 on: August 6, 2021, 10:35:43 pm »

Its a spring tradition at the palace, they gather all the young princlings and throw a million usd in 100's in the air and shout "SCRAMBLE" as the kids rush about collecting the notes. Its really heartwarming watching the little tykes gambol as their excluded sisters cheer them on from the sidelines.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #271 on: August 6, 2021, 10:41:23 pm »
Its a spring tradition at the palace, they gather all the young princlings and throw a million usd in 100's in the air and shout "SCRAMBLE" as the kids rush about collecting the notes. Its really heartwarming watching the little tykes gambol as their excluded sisters cheer them on from the sidelines.

The correct expression is the 'seraglio' - the enclosed courts for the wives and concubines. ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 6, 2021, 10:45:52 pm »
Alisson wasn’t on anywhere near as much as Mbappe would be on? Mbappe would be on what, 4 or 5 times more?
Well you’re no fun.

My point was in response to the suggestion FSG lacked the ambition and financial cajones to make a Mbappe deal happen. My response was to cite a previous example that suggested otherwise. Sure it may be ultimately too rich for our blood, but it’ll be discussed as an option I’m certain.

Offline Norse Red

• Kopite
  • Forever Red!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 6, 2021, 10:51:03 pm »
Well you’re no fun.

My point was in response to the suggestion FSG lacked the ambition and financial cajones to make a Mbappe deal happen. My response was to cite a previous example that suggested otherwise. Sure it may be ultimately too rich for our blood, but it’ll be discussed as an option I’m certain.

I would imagine that they would know the sums involved by now. If we were interested then we would have made contact with his representatives.

I am not enthused by FSG but I don’t think they should be taken to task if they cannot get Mbappe. The guy is on another level of cost and profile.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: August 6, 2021, 11:01:17 pm »
Mbappe is very unlikely, but crazy as it is to even say, there’s a chance!

Real Madrid might be his preferred destination, but they will still be there after a few years at Liverpool. Zidane is out of the picture, and so the chance to play under Klopp comes into focus.

Two issues to overcome now. Fee, if this window, and wages.

Fee? Maybe there’s a sense in which we have managed our resources frugally and while we can’t quite afford an Mbappe, we find a way to make it happen. Don’t want to make it an accountant thread, but we are talking about a special talent.

If we are still miles away on the fee, I half wonder if there’s an outside chance we would send Mo the other way in exchange? I don’t want to do that, but the age of the team needs to come down a bit, and while Mo is one of the last ones you would sacrifice, for Mbappe you probably would do it. That would be debatable, but I would do it.

Wages is the next big hurdle. Signing up our main big players on new deals means we are now potentially open to an even bigger financial fish. If Mo left we are most of the way there on wages, as to renew his deal, which we would be looking to do, will cost a pretty penny. And then there’s the Nike factor. I know they can’t directly subsidize wages, but arguably he would be a Nike ambassador with his own personal Nike deal, and moving to Liverpool could boost that deal.

Ideally we find a way to do this and keep everyone we want to keep.
Less than ideal would be to let someone go who we don’t want to lose, but you might do it for Mbappe.

I feel like a crackpot for even thinking like this, but the funny thing is, unlikely as signing Mbappe is, Im not willing to rule it out completely.
I agree with all of this.
Mbappe is the future and even if he was here for 3 years the message it would send out to everyone would be immense. Remember the feel good factor when we signed Van Dijk? Imagine that times 100!
I am probably in the minority but I would consider offering Mo plus £50m in exchange. Mo is 29, Mbappe 22. Plus, in an open market, who else would pay you that level of money for Mo now? We wouldn't sell him to any clubs in England, Barca and RM can't and we wouldn't sell him to PSG without having a replacement.
Wages disparity is the biggest concern but let's face it, its there in every dressing room. Robbo gets much less than Virgil. Is he super happy about it? Probably not, will the club make him one of the highest owners. Probably not. Is Virgil on the same as Mo? Probably not.
Commercially he would bring a lot. Look at Messi, PSG are reportedly prepared to offer him £40m a year because commercially they will make a profit. He will soon be in the same bracket if he is not already.
People talk about the club bring self sufficient, sponsors will be falling over themselves to be connected with him and us I think.
£75m was a lot for Van Dijk but nobody questions that now. It is seen as a bargain. I think this would end up being like that for the message it would send out.
For me, he is the right age, most commercial potential of any player out there and a generational talent.
Unfortunately though I don't see us signing him, partly due to the disparity in his wages.

« Last Edit: August 6, 2021, 11:14:39 pm by FowlerLegend »

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 6, 2021, 11:13:51 pm »
I would imagine that they would know the sums involved by now. If we were interested then we would have made contact with his representatives.

I am not enthused by FSG but I don’t think they should be taken to task if they cannot get Mbappe. The guy is on another level of cost and profile.
And you know for a fact they haven’t asked to be kept informed of developments with his PSG contract stalemate?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: August 6, 2021, 11:16:15 pm »
Not sure why few posters are so open to part-ex ing Mo. That’s insane talk. If anyone would be sacrificed and go the other way to PSG, I’d be pushing the French-speaking Mane onto the plank, especially after the stinker of last season.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: August 6, 2021, 11:24:56 pm »
As I said above, I think the message it would send out would be immense. I think that alone for our standing as a club would payback a huge proportion of the fee.
Our sponsors would love it too. He fits our age profile and the "generational talent" for which we supposedly make an exception money wise but I just cannot see the owners doing it. Partially for fear of upsetting the squad harmony.
All that said, they must realise that they will need to spend a big net value next summer so spending say £60m now (excluding wages) and getting Mbappe may be considered worth it.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #279 on: August 6, 2021, 11:31:03 pm »
Not sure why few posters are so open to part-ex ing Mo. That’s insane talk. If anyone would be sacrificed and go the other way to PSG, I’d be pushing the French-speaking Mane onto the plank, especially after the stinker of last season.
I was purely thinking in terms of the wage difference between Mbappe and Salah being the least and Salah providing the highest value.
I don't see the club being able to get £90-100m for Salah on the open market, due to the reasons cited above, but I do in a part exchange with PSG.
I doubt it will happen though.