Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Manchester United v Liverpool, Sunday the 7th of April  (Read 18722 times)

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Manchester United v Liverpool, Sunday the 7th of April
« Reply #160 on: April 6, 2024, 04:34:57 pm »
what's the relevance of him not playing in October? do it again but instead start it from 6 weeks ago, and you'd imagine he'd be near the top - posibly even witohut adding in the two international games.
the revisionism is from you - odd timing too, to suggest that we don't have any issues defending counters since the "brilliant" Endo took over from the "ropey" Mac. if we had issues at the start of the season, then by your own label we must still have them given some of the recent goals conceded (including against the next opposition)

You're obsessed with win percentages - seem to remember around this time last year you were telling us Henderson was a must start and vital to any success we had because he held the midfield together and favourable win percentages. I guess there's no once bitten twice shy?

Except there is absolutely nothing revisionist about what I said.

Let's see what Klopp does on Sunday, I'm sure he'll have a better understanding than Dave from Stockport who once scored 4 goals in Sunday league division 7  ;D

Yes 100% a Henderson fan, wisely chosen by a world class manager in Klopp to be our captain and went on to be one of the greatest, most influential leaders in our entire history.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #161 on: April 6, 2024, 04:41:12 pm »
I'd have Robbo back in the team, just gives us so much more going forward
Questionable conclusion, but that doesn't mean wrong. You have to contrast what Robbo gives to what Bradley gives going forward. Bradley does overlap well with Mo and is a goal threat himself (though Robbo should have scored last game if he could hit a cow's ass with a banjo). The other full back will always invert. But I would start Robbo, as I could see him taking attacking role and Gomez inverting from RB.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 6, 2024, 04:48:06 pm »
i start a back four of

kelleher

gomez, ibou, vvd, robbo

we miss ibou physicality and pace in the FA cup. gomez is just better playing at right back. Robbo to hold the width and maybe get tsimi in once his legs are gone. or switch ibou to the left and sub bradley at right back

mac and endo are starters. no idea if curtis or szobo should start

front three to remain the same vs sheff utd.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 6, 2024, 05:46:29 pm »
Was there no pre-match presser for this game?

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #164 on: April 6, 2024, 05:59:19 pm »
Was there no pre-match presser for this game?

It was done after Sheff Utd, but very short only about 4 mins long.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 6, 2024, 06:23:43 pm »
We've got to be absolutely on it from the start tomorrow. The fans and the ref will make it difficult. We have to be clinical.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #166 on: April 6, 2024, 06:37:18 pm »
When was the last time we scored an early goal in an away game? Feels like ages.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #167 on: April 6, 2024, 06:46:00 pm »
When was the last time we scored an early goal in an away game? Feels like ages.

Sparta Prague? Not so sure in the league. In fairness it feels like an age since our last away game. Was it Forest?

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 6, 2024, 07:00:34 pm »
Win tomorrow would be huge psychologically for us I think. It’s one of the fixtures the other two will be looking at expecting/hoping we’ll drop points.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 6, 2024, 07:05:54 pm »
Win tomorrow would be huge psychologically for us I think. It’s one of the fixtures the other two will be looking at expecting/hoping we’ll drop points.

Yep, it's our hardest game left. Which given it's Utd is insane but we make weirdly hard work of them given how bad they are.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #170 on: April 6, 2024, 07:17:11 pm »
We win tomorrow and we win the league.
This is the one I just don’t feel confident about. We need to get an early goal and keep pushing

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 6, 2024, 07:27:08 pm »
Can’t wait to play against Seven Hag’s bus tomorrow, with Taylor driving the thing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #172 on: April 6, 2024, 07:28:15 pm »
Can’t wait to play against Seven Hag’s bus tomorrow, with Taylor driving the thing.

Is this the same Taylor who was refereeing the last time we beat United?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 6, 2024, 07:41:13 pm »
Can’t let Klopp go with a worse record against that fraud Ten Hag - get this done tomorrow.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 6, 2024, 07:43:37 pm »
Hear their defence is pretty light.

Need to be exploiting that early on tomorrow.

Can't afford a slow start again.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #175 on: April 6, 2024, 07:44:56 pm »
It would be cool if we could get an early goal tomorrow start as we mean to go on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: April 6, 2024, 07:47:06 pm »
We better win, their defence is in shambles. Their first choices and injured and they have a 50 year old in Evans playing for them ….. which means we’re gonna struggle to score and they get an early goal ….

Just win no matter what!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 6, 2024, 07:48:20 pm »
We better win, their defence is in shambles. Their first choices and injured and they have a 50 year old in Evans playing for them ….. which means we’re gonna struggle to score and they get an early goal ….

Just win no matter what!
Evans is injured.  They'll probably play Kambwala.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 6, 2024, 07:48:30 pm »
Thank you for the Man united prespective, now fuck off.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 6, 2024, 07:49:20 pm »
Yep, it's our hardest game left. Which given it's Utd is insane but we make weirdly hard work of them given how bad they are.
I think we tend to show them (and Everton) too much respect. Like yes you respect the occasion but we panic and always start the game in a hurry; rather than try to play through the midfield we hoof it long and the games become chaotic which suits Utd as the shit team.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #180 on: April 6, 2024, 07:58:20 pm »
Not sure if it's good or bad Evans is injured. I get the argument that he's old but I think he's probably their best defender. If they had the Madrid version of Varane I'd say him but he doesn't look like he ever wants to try too hard.

If it's a young lad and Harry Maguire we can't show them too much respect, we shouldn't do anyway, it could be our downfall. I'm not saying gung ho from the start is the way to go but I do think the key is just getting after them and trying to make it as miserable as we can for them. We have to make more convertible chances than we did in the game at Anfield though.

For those reasons I'd not mind seeing Jones start instead of Endo, I think we were on to something with Szoboszlai in the cup game. He didn't have the greatest of games but he got into positions where, if he had been on it, I think the game would be a different story. I'd probably have Endo on at some point all going well but honestly given the opponent I think it's calling for that midfield.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #181 on: April 6, 2024, 08:12:59 pm »
We need much more control than we did in Cup match.

Play like we can then we have a huge chance.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #182 on: April 6, 2024, 08:25:43 pm »
Hear their defence is pretty light.

Need to be exploiting that early on tomorrow.

Can't afford a slow start again.

Maguire's head weighs three tonnes on its own.  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: April 6, 2024, 08:48:11 pm »
Key questions - will we improve on slow starts and whatever we wanted to achieve between 40-80 minute mark in FA game? Following games against Brighton and Sheffield United (and many many games before) showed little progress with regards to that.

Despite that, we should have more than enough for them, just need to be a little bit more clever defensively. And hope that rare events such as Antony scoring won't happen again. These lot will keep hoofing ball to Garnacho and they are good with that.

Question about who will play as fullbacks from 1 minute. Maybe some changes with Jones coming in? If he's fit for more minutes of course.

Should win as I can't stand potentially not winning against them at all in 3 matches.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2024, 08:51:04 pm by crewlove »

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 6, 2024, 08:48:45 pm »
Do you think we'll adjust our tactics to counter their overloads of our right back area?  I expect we will instead try to impose ourselves and maybe go with Ibou as he covers those spaces better than Quansah.

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #185 on: April 6, 2024, 08:50:07 pm »
Do you think we'll adjust our tactics to counter their overloads of our right back area?  I expect we will instead try to impose ourselves and maybe go with Ibou as he covers those spaces better than Quansah.

I think we'll simply play Konate and he's better with covering those spaces than anybody else. But this is a personal adjustment (or simply playing our best), but tactically we'll still be rather expansive and Garnacho will probably have some space to exploit.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 6, 2024, 09:20:23 pm »
This lot will clamp up tighter than an Italian waiter's keks and play for the draw. It will all be about getting us to drop points for them, but not so much that they will want to risk playing a game.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 6, 2024, 09:50:58 pm »
Let's keep it tight for the first 20, then step it up. No stupid early goal conceded.
mines a pint

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #188 on: April 6, 2024, 09:54:49 pm »
Is this the same Taylor who was refereeing the last time we beat United?

Yes.  In the last 11 games that Taylor has reffed United they have won only twice.

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 6, 2024, 09:58:54 pm »
Fucking fuck these manc bastards.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #190 on: April 6, 2024, 10:06:26 pm »
I think we will need to play the long game tomorrow and by that I don't mean long balls.

We need to keep the ball and move it about quickly. Keep them chasing shadows and eventually they will tire and make mistakes. For that reason I'd probably start Jones in midfield but even if he doesn't start then Szoboszlai and Elliott are still good enough to keep the ball. Play with a high tempo and don't give them any time on the ball.
#JFT97

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 6, 2024, 10:27:06 pm »

I would also like to see our skill players take them on in the box more. Their weakened defence is crap and they will be too scared to put in a challenge. Often we pay too much respect to the opposition and keep playing the ball sideways in front of them (essentially for an hour against Sheff Utd for example) looking for the perfect 45 pass move rather than beating them or forcing them to risk a penalty.

Actually have a feeling we’ll win well tomorrow.  Others are right to say that City and Arsenal fans have all their hopes pinned on tomorrow and if we can just win it, their heads will drop.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 6, 2024, 10:34:21 pm »
I know this will get said a lot over the next weeks but this weekend feels huge. Everyone had tricky games. City and Arsenal will be confident we will drop points here, Win and it will annoy them going into the champions league games. I don't care how we do it but win.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #193 on: April 6, 2024, 11:08:39 pm »
Just fecking win.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 6, 2024, 11:37:50 pm »
They will play a low to mid block and look to hit on the break.  We have to be careful. Score first and I feel we will win comfortably. Longer it goes on at 0-0….will feel ominous.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 6, 2024, 11:41:06 pm »
I was confident before the FA cup so will definitely stay on the side of caution this time. We should have learnt a lot from what happened then and try our best to rectify the things that we didn’t do well.
I’d like to think the mental and physical toll they would have had after the Chelsea loss will impact them in some ways. We just have to take advantage of it.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #196 on: April 7, 2024, 01:10:22 am »
We will have more of the ball so we just need to make sure we take our chances when they come.

I think we have to play better than we did against Shef Utd. Despite the large amounts of possession I don’t think we were particularly that great.

Salah seemed a bit off in that game too and despite scoring against Brighton that wasn’t his best game either. I’m hoping he can put in a stormer of a performance tomorrow.

We really have to win one of these games against a big team/rival and I’m hoping tomorrow is it.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 04:34:44 am by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #197 on: April 7, 2024, 04:43:33 am »
Please smash this gang of game-raising c*nts.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 7, 2024, 05:11:24 am »
Bottom line is that we have to win to establish our claim to the throne. No other way.
Let's see whether the boys have desire and gumption to perform in this pressure cooker stretch.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #199 on: April 7, 2024, 05:14:43 am »
No question the c*nts are going to raise their game against us despite being utterly shite in every game since they beat us. The c*nts.