Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147626 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #2160 on: September 12, 2023, 05:00:38 pm »
Oh just fuck off, why did the bastards need to create a new species?

As long as they aren't finding spiders with wings, cause that's when I officially check out.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2161 on: September 12, 2023, 06:48:39 pm »
So you'd rather just have the feel of whatever is crawling on your back...

That’s just my loving wife tenderly rubbing my back…hang on that never happens….faaaaaark

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2162 on: September 12, 2023, 06:49:31 pm »
That’s just my loving wife tenderly rubbing my back…hang on that never happens….faaaaaark

In Australia I would rather know, least you can describe it later when you're in the ER.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2163 on: September 14, 2023, 11:07:33 am »
I’m off to Sydney over Christmas…already working myself into a frenzy about what I might come across. Don’t go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and don’t turn any lights on when it’s dark is my motto.

There you go Nick, have a read up on the wonderful 8-legged friends you will see

https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/get-involved/sydney-nature/wildlife/spiders-in-sydney

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2164 on: September 14, 2023, 11:11:12 am »
There you go Nick, have a read up on the wonderful 8-legged friends you will see

https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/get-involved/sydney-nature/wildlife/spiders-in-sydney

I have been before…and didn’t actually see too much. Think the worst of it is ‘in the bush’ but then again, there’s probably a very valid reason why the Sydney Funnel Web is called what it is!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2165 on: September 14, 2023, 02:11:31 pm »
In Australia I would rather know, least you can describe it later when you're in the ER.

Except if you're on the dunny and get a bite on the end of your cock, I doubt you're lifting the lid to see what stuck its fangs into you (likely a red back)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2166 on: September 14, 2023, 02:24:08 pm »
Except if you're on the dunny and get a bite on the end of your cock, I doubt you're lifting the lid to see what stuck its fangs into you (likely a red back)

Yes Nick, i think you should leave your wife back in good old Blighty

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2167 on: September 14, 2023, 03:05:08 pm »
New species of trapdoor spider found a few months back.  worra fucker that is

Looks like a radiation-mutant, with its brain growing on the outside of its 'skull'. Probably has some sort of telekinetic powers.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #2168 on: September 14, 2023, 03:17:22 pm »
Can't spiders just fuck off! Go live in a spider commune somewhere away from everyone. They're as bad as man city fans, feel same about them

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2169 on: September 14, 2023, 03:40:28 pm »
There's one in the corner of our landing and it's a very odd shape.  It's either slowly eating through something or it's pregnant.  And I'm pretty sure there used to be two spiders there, so I wonder if it's one of those deals where they mate and then the female eats the male.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: September 14, 2023, 03:58:09 pm »
There's one in the corner of our landing and it's a very odd shape.  It's either slowly eating through something or it's pregnant.  And I'm pretty sure there used to be two spiders there, so I wonder if it's one of those deals where they mate and then the female eats the male.

Its mating season, so yes its likely preggers and eaten its mate - get it out before you're overun with the fuckers

Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2171 on: September 14, 2023, 04:06:16 pm »
Took it out over the road, it was definitely something webbed up, when I moved around it was carrying it like a packed lunch or something.  I'm fine with spiders but I'm not having a whole family living in the corner.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: December 12, 2023, 09:39:55 pm »
My lads just come running in, I've just had to go and deal with a fucking massive spider that was just sat on the carpet in the front room like some cocky bastard.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2173 on: December 16, 2023, 01:25:13 pm »
Generally just evict spiders, but the other night - like at midnight - noticed this huge one, thick body but also dead long legs, easily two inches - sitting in the corner of me bathroom ceiling. Think it got in through the air vent

Spray of Right Guard in the face did nothing to bring him down to capturing or smushing height. Stood on me footstool and used a Stooges LP to knock him into the toilet.

Cheers Iggy

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2174 on: January 5, 2024, 05:40:02 am »
Biggest male funnel-web spider dubbed ‘Hercules’ found north of Sydney.
Spider measuring record 7.9cm across is almost as big as largest female collected in 2021, which was named Megaspider by Australian Reptile Park.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2175 on: January 5, 2024, 08:49:47 am »
Biggest male funnel-web spider dubbed ‘Hercules’ found north of Sydney.
Spider measuring record 7.9cm across is almost as big as largest female collected in 2021, which was named Megaspider by Australian Reptile Park.

worra c*nt

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: January 5, 2024, 10:28:24 am »
I'd die an early death if I was living in Australia.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2177 on: January 5, 2024, 10:46:31 pm »
I will never get over my fear! 😳

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2178 on: January 5, 2024, 10:54:42 pm »

I’ve always said that I couldn’t visit Australia due to the sheer size and variety of spiders out there 😮

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2179 on: January 5, 2024, 11:27:09 pm »

There have been no deaths in Australia from a confirmed spider bite since 1979. An effective antivenom for Redback Spiders was introduced in 1956, and one for funnel-web spiders in 1980.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: January 6, 2024, 12:50:45 am »

It's more to do with getting a heart attack when seeing one, especially a hunstman hiding in the glovebox!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: January 6, 2024, 12:58:41 am »
It's more to do with getting a heart attack when seeing one, especially a hunstman hiding in the glovebox!

I wrote off a car as an 18 year old when I pulled down my sun visor and a huntsman walked onto the back of my hand.

Now I catch them when they rarely pop in my apartment and put them downstairs in the garden.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2182 on: January 6, 2024, 01:17:12 am »
I wrote off a car as an 18 year old when I pulled down my sun visor and a huntsman walked onto the back of my hand.

*Slowly backs out of thread*
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2183 on: January 6, 2024, 06:26:49 am »
Just had 6 days in Sydney and didn’t see a single one. Actually saw a few in the Botanic Gardens but can seal with ones outdoors and where I have an escape route. :D

Did do the daily shaking of the shoes routine and a pretty massive cockroach fell out of one of my wife’s trainers which was a bit grim but not the same fear seeing one of them.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: January 6, 2024, 06:48:23 pm »
My missus is terrified on them, but like youm didn't see any when she visited Australia. My mates mates live in Queensland and they get huge huntsmans and pythons.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: January 6, 2024, 10:26:36 pm »
Before we moved to Aus my wife was pathetic around spiders, jump up on the settee and scream if there was a daddy long legs on the floor pathetic. It was her biggest reservation about moving here.
In our first year here she was driving home with the kids in the car and my son told her that there was a big huntsman on her shoulder, she looked in the mirror, saw it, panicked and drove the car in to a drainage ditch.
After nearly 30yrs here she's calmed down and is ok unless it's venomous or within touching distance.