Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1054746 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #19200 on: February 8, 2024, 04:00:48 pm »
Does anyone know of any recruiters in the Liverpool / surrounding areas.  I'm stuck in a rut and although I don't want to actively search for a new job myself, I'm happy to put myself out there for recruiters to do the legwork.

I've had bad experiences with recruiters previously but thought a word of mouth recommendation might be good.

If its any use I currently work in an office based role (if that narrows down recruiters if that makes sense).

I've heard that LFC will have an opening soon, maybe try them.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19201 on: February 8, 2024, 04:44:06 pm »
I've heard that LFC will have an opening soon, maybe try them.

Last time I played Championship Manager it was Championship Manager (01/02 season)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19202 on: February 10, 2024, 09:21:54 pm »
Was coming home from Costco about 4:30pm today and as I came past Bramley Moore Dock there was literally a couple of hundred people queued along opposite the stadium and queuing round into Blackstone Rd, all dressed up for a night out. What’s even round there? Was very confused!?

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19203 on: February 10, 2024, 11:40:34 pm »
  I think they have raves or dj sets in a warehouse down there , my daughters been to a couple.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #19204 on: February 13, 2024, 11:16:51 am »
Like the coving is coming away and needs recaulking, but there are some in the plaster like under the first floor landing. Top floor where the horizontal ceiling meets the sloping roof and curves into the slope I filled it last year, but the crack is appearing again. Need to stick my head into the loft to have a look but it might be full of spiders.

Top floor of our house we've got rooms where there's 3 foot of vertical wall, angled join to the pitched ceiling (skeiling?) and then a constant radius curve between the pitched ceiling and the horizontal one. Is there a technical name for that curved join between the angled ceiling and the flat one? I don't know specifically what to google for that issue, as all of the videos/articles are on 90 degree or flat joins.

My thinking is scrape the cracked plaster away into a groove with a multitool and fill with flexible filler, but I'm mithered about going too deep.

The other skirting/coving cracks I'm pretty sure were just that big freeze a few weeks ago coming through, so will get the caulking gun out.

Owning a house is crap. Pushed the boat out for a 3-storey house to start a family but I lie in bed dreaming of my SW London rented bedsit of 10 years ago. No stress, no DIY to worry about, £650 a month all-in. I didn't know I was born.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19205 on: February 13, 2024, 11:53:23 am »
i still watch all of my old dvd's

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #19206 on: February 13, 2024, 03:08:38 pm »
Is there any point/value in keeping DVDs now?

We had about 700+ at one stage and during lockdown I went through a process of cleaning them, putting them in the correct boxes, threw out duplicates and stuff we absolutely didn't want to keep.

Really haven't watched one in years. I think after going through the process we went through a period of picking one a week to watch, or maybe a couple. But that stopped soon and we moved the 500+ with us to our new place.

Now we are in the process of doing up our spare room where these things live and wondering whether or not to chuck them. Some I absolutely won't throw away as they have sentimental value, and will keep the blu-rays I think but the rest we are seriously thinking about ditching.

There's no value in them now, right? They won't come around like records, will they?

my 14 year old daughter bought an actual CD last weekend. She also buys vinyl which I can kind of get my head around given that it is a genuinely different listening experience. But a CD, fucks sake. So who knows if DVDs will come back in ?.

Spotify and Apple Music are so much the future for me.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #19207 on: February 13, 2024, 04:34:47 pm »
Is there any point/value in keeping DVDs now?

We had about 700+ at one stage and during lockdown I went through a process of cleaning them, putting them in the correct boxes, threw out duplicates and stuff we absolutely didn't want to keep.

Really haven't watched one in years. I think after going through the process we went through a period of picking one a week to watch, or maybe a couple. But that stopped soon and we moved the 500+ with us to our new place.

Now we are in the process of doing up our spare room where these things live and wondering whether or not to chuck them. Some I absolutely won't throw away as they have sentimental value, and will keep the blu-rays I think but the rest we are seriously thinking about ditching.

There's no value in them now, right? They won't come around like records, will they?

I keep and collect them, mainly because I know that if I've got the physical media it can't be changed. I watched a documentary a few years back on how studios are deleting certain scenes from movies and tv shows as they may not fit in the current climate. But I like to watch them the way they were originally planned.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19208 on: February 14, 2024, 07:31:48 pm »
Has anyone come across the NDC Clearview Intelligence vans that are being used by the Highways Agency to collect and send video and still photo data to police for driving offences like mobile phone usage or not wearing seatbelts?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19209 on: February 14, 2024, 08:40:52 pm »
Top floor of our house we've got rooms where there's 3 foot of vertical wall, angled join to the pitched ceiling (skeiling?) and then a constant radius curve between the pitched ceiling and the horizontal one. Is there a technical name for that curved join between the angled ceiling and the flat one? I don't know specifically what to google for that issue, as all of the videos/articles are on 90 degree or flat joins.

My thinking is scrape the cracked plaster away into a groove with a multitool and fill with flexible filler, but I'm mithered about going too deep.

The other skirting/coving cracks I'm pretty sure were just that big freeze a few weeks ago coming through, so will get the caulking gun out.

Owning a house is crap. Pushed the boat out for a 3-storey house to start a family but I lie in bed dreaming of my SW London rented bedsit of 10 years ago. No stress, no DIY to worry about, £650 a month all-in. I didn't know I was born.

Opps forgot about this.Kinda hard to guess without seeing it but is it old plaster/? it could be shot and if ya get into it, it may all starts to come down,if it's newer plaster board you can skimcoat it,you may need to use drywall tape on the joins.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19210 on: February 17, 2024, 11:07:19 am »
Anyone know anything about the Nissan Connect systems and whether an auto audio type place could fix them or if I need to take it to a dealership.

The satnav and radio have gone a bit haywire and the factory reset hasn't fixed it.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19211 on: February 28, 2024, 05:14:09 pm »
I broke my ipone which was on contract and took it for repair, they guy said it wont last and my best option is to  buy a 2nd hand handset

It has to be an iphone, I remember from experience apple deliberately slow down older models.
whats the oldster model I can have that ewill satill function well
how easy is it to transfer the sim cards
Will  I still be able to transfer data easily by holding the broken phone next to the 2nd hand new one phone

What are good websites to use and anything else I should be aware of before buying refurbished handset

Thanks Guys

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19212 on: February 28, 2024, 07:46:12 pm »
They don’t deliberately slow down your phone. What iPhone have you got at the moment?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19213 on: February 28, 2024, 08:55:36 pm »
They don’t deliberately slow down your phone. What iPhone have you got at the moment?

Hi Claire

An iphone 11
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19214 on: February 29, 2024, 01:54:27 am »
no they don't - now that they've stopped doing it.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19215 on: February 29, 2024, 08:24:09 am »
Hi Claire

An iphone 11

My kids are both on 11's and they stream, watch Sky Go, youtube, play games etc etc on them and I never hear them complaining about the phones being slow, so another 11 should suit you if you can get one.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19216 on: February 29, 2024, 01:11:22 pm »
yeah I don't see an issue with another 11, but price wise you might get a 13 for not much more and I'd get the Pro. I've got the 13 pro and it's not slowed down at all.

though! I'm asking because I always forget, if you've got like natwest acc or that, check your acc details cos I know I've got phone insurance on mine.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19217 on: February 29, 2024, 01:26:19 pm »
Thanks] for the answers guys

Ive just ordered a 2nd Gen SE from £143 Amazon- only needs to last a year till my contract expires and can get a new one.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19218 on: February 29, 2024, 04:34:32 pm »
With it being the 29th of Feb, am I working for free today?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19219 on: February 29, 2024, 07:45:22 pm »
With it being the 29th of Feb, am I working for free today?

If you don't get any extra pay, yes.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19220 on: February 29, 2024, 11:40:30 pm »
If the glass were half full 3 out of 4 years you work a day less

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19221 on: March 4, 2024, 09:32:48 pm »
My mate has added me onto his Apple TV family so I can watch it on his subscription.
I do this on my laptop

I recently had to get a new iphone and Ive just gone to watch Apple and it wont take me to the tv show from the previous link/address, I think this might bed called a cppokie?
On my iphone it states that Im in his family for apple tv but when the Apple asked me to log in again, it never used to ask me to log in, it treats me as someone without a subscription

Any suggestions

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19222 on: March 4, 2024, 10:30:38 pm »
Only guessing as I don't have Apple anything. Maybe it's because you're using an apple device, if you had signed into the phone using his apple id I am thinking it would've worked.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19223 on: March 4, 2024, 10:33:54 pm »
Only guessing as I don't have Apple anything. Maybe it's because you're using an apple device, if you had signed into the phone using his apple id I am thinking it would've worked.

I dont think so mate, on my new phone it still says Im subscribed to Apple TV under his subscription

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19224 on: March 4, 2024, 10:43:06 pm »
I dont think so mate, on my new phone it still says Im subscribed to Apple TV under his subscription

Claire will know, you should post in the apple/i0s thread in tech & science.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=224508.msg19270541#new
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 10:45:06 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19225 on: March 5, 2024, 09:36:11 am »
what's it say when you go on to https://tv.apple.com/settings?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19226 on: March 5, 2024, 02:23:28 pm »
what's it say when you go on to https://tv.apple.com/settings?

It asks me to log in and when I do it displays my personal details

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #19227 on: March 5, 2024, 04:18:21 pm »
Is anyone else having problems trying to log into Facebook?
The Missus and I are both having problems with it.

Just wondering whether it's down  :-\

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19228 on: March 5, 2024, 04:40:30 pm »

It is down. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/mar/05/facebook-instagram-outages-disruption-meta-google

Already had complaints from people at work about it.  ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19229 on: March 5, 2024, 04:43:56 pm »

It's back up now 👍

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #19230 on: March 5, 2024, 05:07:39 pm »
Nice one. ^^^

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19231 on: March 7, 2024, 08:10:15 pm »
Ethical question....

I ordered a pair of trainers online at the weekend. They still hadn't shown up so today I checked UPS tracking and they were apparently delivered yesterday and I had signed for it, but I wasn't in, and there was no photo or signature. Filed a claim with UPS. An hour or so later I got a notification that they had accepted there was no proof of delivery and had contacted the retailers to organise refunding them so they could send another pair or give me a refund. I've just been outside and since I submitted a claim they have been left outside my door. No one knnocked.

Would you own up and contact the retailer to say you had received them?

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19232 on: March 7, 2024, 08:27:21 pm »
Ethical question....

I ordered a pair of trainers online at the weekend. They still hadn't shown up so today I checked UPS tracking and they were apparently delivered yesterday and I had signed for it, but I wasn't in, and there was no photo or signature. Filed a claim with UPS. An hour or so later I got a notification that they had accepted there was no proof of delivery and had contacted the retailers to organise refunding them so they could send another pair or give me a refund. I've just been outside and since I submitted a claim they have been left outside my door. No one knnocked.

Would you own up and contact the retailer to say you had received them?

Big retailer like Nike or small business? I'm strongly hinting at my answer here

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19233 on: March 7, 2024, 08:39:34 pm »
Big retailer like Nike or small business? I'm strongly hinting at my answer here

Big retailer (Schuh), but it's UPs that will lose out anyway, as they will have to pay the retailer.

The only thing making me think I should fess up is the delivery driver is going to get a bollocking, when possibly he just messed up anad returned tonight to fix it.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19234 on: March 13, 2024, 12:10:00 pm »
We know there's going to be a parade at the end of the season, presumably on the Monday if we don't make the Europa League final but if we do when is it likely to be?

I want to be in Dublin for the final but also in Liverpool for the parade.  Will they hold it on the Thursday or wait till weekend?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19235 on: March 13, 2024, 12:56:05 pm »
We know there's going to be a parade at the end of the season, presumably on the Monday if we don't make the Europa League final but if we do when is it likely to be?

I want to be in Dublin for the final but also in Liverpool for the parade.  Will they hold it on the Thursday or wait till weekend?

It'll be the Thursday most likely, the Euros starts on the 14th June, so I'd expect the club to want to give those players going, Trent, Robbo, Dom, Ibou, Virg, Gakpo,Jota and any others selected a bit of time off before they have to join their national squads
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19236 on: March 13, 2024, 01:38:12 pm »
It'll be the Thursday most likely, the Euros starts on the 14th June, so I'd expect the club to want to give those players going, Trent, Robbo, Dom, Ibou, Virg, Gakpo,Jota and any others selected a bit of time off before they have to join their national squads

FFS!  What time do the parades usually start Rob?

All the early morning ferries are sold out so I'll not get back to Holyhead till gone 11am then go to drive to Liverpool.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19237 on: March 13, 2024, 02:05:52 pm »
FFS!  What time do the parades usually start Rob?

All the early morning ferries are sold out so I'll not get back to Holyhead till gone 11am then go to drive to Liverpool.

The last time we were stood by Jurgens bar at about 2pm and it was gone six by the time the parade went past.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19238 on: March 13, 2024, 03:30:23 pm »
The last time we were stood by Jurgens bar at about 2pm and it was gone six by the time the parade went past.

I'm wondering if it would be better to go Liverpool - Dublin by ferry then I'm already there on the Thursday instead of having to drive in on the day.

It's all conjecture at the moment cos we've got to get to the final before it becomes an issue. 

What I don't understand is that some ferries are showing as sold out even though I'll be a foot passenger 🤷

Actually that's a no go.  7.5hrs 😯 wtf!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 03:35:19 pm by reddebs »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19239 on: March 13, 2024, 04:04:46 pm »
I'm wondering if it would be better to go Liverpool - Dublin by ferry then I'm already there on the Thursday instead of having to drive in on the day.

It's all conjecture at the moment cos we've got to get to the final before it becomes an issue. 

What I don't understand is that some ferries are showing as sold out even though I'll be a foot passenger 🤷

Actually that's a no go.  7.5hrs 😯 wtf!!

Where's your sense of adventure Debs