Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 325853 times)

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8040 on: Yesterday at 10:03:59 pm »
Never said you did. (Often the 'you' is a general comment, meaning 'Arsenal'.) But what I'm saying is, you'll (Arsenal) have to automatically improve. Not 'maybe'. This is the consequence of being the team trying to push City to the absolute limit. But already, there are Arsenal fans saying, well, KDB's getting older and Walker's getting slower, like City will won't make the adjustments to replace them. Maybe all this will change when Pep's gone. Or maybe the game itself is already gone.

I know we’ll need to improve, and I look forward to seeing if we can do that. All I’m saying is that I don’t take it for granted that we will like some are accusing me of.

I know the challenge and I know it’s a feckin difficult one, but let’s give it a go! If not we can all just hope Pep fecks off in a season or so.

Yes unlike normal winning teams that have cycles, their cycle could potentially never end because they have unlimited funds and are allowed to operate outside ffp regulations. It is obscene.
We just have to keep knocking on the door and hope they get served some justice, on the filed or off it.

I’m not sure mate. They’ve been built up for years with the sole purpose of luring Guardiola as manager. The signed Barca executive’s, and built the off the field structure all around hiring him.

I think when he goes, there’s a chance that the club might need a bit of a reset, as I wouldn’t be surprised if the likes of Soriano and Begiristain go with him.
I don’t think they’ll go away, but I think they’ll come back to the chasing pack at least.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8041 on: Yesterday at 10:25:27 pm »
But thinking of the bigger picture, I hope City close it out to reiterate what cheating c*nts they are, and what a toothless corrupt farce the PL is.
I don't agree with the notion that we need them to win the league to prove they are cheating c*nts. Facts, figures, accounts and investigations can only prove that. And has been - hence 115.
They might win leagues because they are cheating c*nts, but we shouldn't want title wins to prove it, that doesn't get them punished. Relevant information only proves it.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8042 on: Yesterday at 11:20:27 pm »
Sorry Tony, I need to have a chuckle at this level of moan from you today!  ;D

Funny how quick the cheating is accepted.

Online BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #8043 on: Today at 01:35:13 am »
It's strange watching another side sell themselves dreams about how things will be so much better year on year completely ignoring potential season derailing injuries and issues that hamper your season

Teams arnt where they are by random. The place in the league table is a product of the quality of players and how well the manager organizes them. I dont see anything random about our current position in the league. We have some of the best players in the league and a manager who is showing signs of real quality. Most of our top players are on big contracts and under the age of 25. Arteta will be backed in the market again, we will be able to sell Nelson, ESR and Nketiah ro give us more FFP breathing room.

Whatever happens this season, remains to be seen. However going into next season I really see no reason why Arsenal will 'drop off'.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8044 on: Today at 03:59:08 am »
They are starting to sense it happening to them

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8045 on: Today at 05:38:44 am »
Kinda hope City win it. If they win, it’s just another trophy that no one will remember and no one will respect, that one day may get stripped from them. It will rile up more people in London and therefore cause more outrage about City’s cheating over the last decade.

If Arsenal win there will be a party all summer. The celebrations would be huge, especially with these Arsenal players. It will also be Arteta equalling Klopp’s PL which I cannot accept. People would actually respect their title. There will be more celebrations and acclaim in one night than City’s treble winners got in a year.

Also let’s not forget everyone calling to null and void the one year that we finally managed to keep the cheats at arms length.

So I’d rather City win another meaningless trophy.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8046 on: Today at 07:26:03 am »
Funny how quick the cheating is accepted.

It was just what you actually said to make your point, ending with ‘White standing in front of the keeper’, I just found it funny. If you had said obstructed or impeded then it would have been a bit more dramatic.

I don't agree with the notion that we need them to win the league to prove they are cheating c*nts. Facts, figures, accounts and investigations can only prove that. And has been - hence 115.
They might win leagues because they are cheating c*nts, but we shouldn't want title wins to prove it, that doesn't get them punished. Relevant information only proves it.

Exactly John, I don’t get the line of argument that City winning will help expose how corrupt the league is, and maybe more pressure will be applied to damage them, or words to that affect.

Whoever wins the league, City, Arsenal, Liverpool or anyone else in the future, it won’t change any punishment 1 iota. City’s punishment will be decided in a court room, by a score of lawyers and people in suits that will get even more wealthy as this 1 will drag and drag I think. And that being the case, they’ll hire a massive team of the best lawyers and try and run rings round the accusations.

There’s now nothing on the pitch that happens now, will affect what happens off the pitch at these hearings, and to think so is just massively clutching at straws.

Better to just say you prefer City to win the league because everyone is used to them winning it now, and if anyone else like Arsenal wins it then it becomes a bit of an event, like Clint eventually does. That’s honest, instead of coming up with a justification that it might damage the cheats long term, when it won’t make any difference whatsoever.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8047 on: Today at 07:48:17 am »
I think if city were a properly run club, more people will want us to win it, to knock them off their perch, like with united under fergie (they only cheated on the field unlike city). But because City have cheated their way to this position its easier for people to stomach them winning it again and again *because its the nearest thing to a void season where if my team doesnt win it no one credible wins it* . None of that will be reflected in the record books though, 4 in a row (and counting) including a treble, will go down as the greatest era of dominance in the history of English football.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:53:33 am by The North Bank »

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8048 on: Today at 07:52:57 am »
Kinda hope City win it. If they win, it’s just another trophy that no one will remember and no one will respect, that one day may get stripped from them. It will rile up more people in London and therefore cause more outrage about City’s cheating over the last decade.

If Arsenal win there will be a party all summer. The celebrations would be huge, especially with these Arsenal players. It will also be Arteta equalling Klopp’s PL which I cannot accept. People would actually respect their title. There will be more celebrations and acclaim in one night than City’s treble winners got in a year.

Also let’s not forget everyone calling to null and void the one year that we finally managed to keep the cheats at arms length.

So I’d rather City win another meaningless trophy.

By no means a dig at you Clint because this is a common theme on this forum at the moment. That said...

I think it's pretty smalltime to have this mentality. As if Liverpool aren't a big enough club to cope when other teams also achieve impressive things. I've always thought it small time to witness the whole league root against us against City because they can't cope with the prospect of other teams succeeding if they can't (with a sense that City's success doesn't count) so I'm not going to turn into them now.

As for City, normally everyone wants the cheats to lose - there's an inbuilt sense of justice that makes us feel like that in loads of different contexts. Root against the cheats, always root against the cheats. Wanting the cheats to win is just so bizarre. They don't care how you feel about their win, they just want to win. By cheating. It's brilliant when cheats can't even win when they cheat. All football fans should want City to fail, whoever that means ends up succeeding.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:56:34 am by Knight »