Author Topic: Triple Cooked Chips Tips and tricks  (Read 2714 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Triple Cooked Chips Tips and tricks
« Reply #40 on: June 9, 2023, 01:25:36 pm »
Triple Cooked Chips was the original name of American pop rock band, Haim.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #41 on: June 9, 2023, 01:33:04 pm »
Other than the year I worked in the Royal Clifton, I was never really up that end, couldn't stand the Kingsway crowd. We'd fall out of the Floral/Manhattans or Raffles (Satans Slaves club) and we'd go the Kebab place on London Street and get stuff from there and the chippy next door, sometimes we'd go the Shwarma Bar for a kebab too if they were doing the rock stuff in the Kingsway. At some point I'll have been in the Koronet and our kid probably twatted someone in there at some point ;D

haha

yeah, wasnt a kingsway person myself. Told you a while back there was a doorman who fucking hated me for some reason. Never liked me from the minute he saw me when I was aboot 16. Remembered me everytime. Think he must’ve heard me speak or something. But the funny thing was I never spoke in front of him.

If I was out in Southport it was manhattans or the keg or the fox. Couple of other places but mainly went out round Liverpool and Manchester. Krazy house, cream/ nation, Hard Dock , Drome, Sankeys and some other places I can’t remember

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 9, 2023, 01:41:33 pm »
haha

yeah, wasnt a kingsway person myself. Told you a while back there was a doorman who fucking hated me for some reason. Never liked me from the minute he saw me when I was aboot 16. Remembered me everytime. Think he must’ve heard me speak or something. But the funny thing was I never spoke in front of him.

If I was out in Southport it was manhattans or the keg or the fox. Couple of other places but mainly went out round Liverpool and Manchester. Krazy house, cream/ nation, Hard Dock , Drome, Sankeys and some other places I can’t remember

Maybe you just have the Scouse look? I've been told in Manc that I walk like a Scouser, must be because I don't waddle like duck like Mancs do. We only tried to get in the Kingsway once, 3 scousers and got knocked back while all the local knobheads got let in, ended up in the Academy and some knobhead bottled a girl - fucking hated the "trendies", bunch of shithouses.

Keg and Fox were also hangouts for me, not been in the Fox since I split with my ex in 2005, did do the Floral about 7 years ago though, same people from my 20's but all late 40's/50's now ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #43 on: June 9, 2023, 01:49:54 pm »
Maybe you just have the Scouse look? I've been told in Manc that I walk like a Scouser, must be because I don't waddle like duck like Mancs do. We only tried to get in the Kingsway once, 3 scousers and got knocked back while all the local knobheads got let in, ended up in the Academy and some knobhead bottled a girl - fucking hated the "trendies", bunch of shithouses.

Keg and Fox were also hangouts for me, not been in the Fox since I split with my ex in 2005, did do the Floral about 7 years ago though, same people from my 20's but all late 40's/50's now ;D
yeah, trendies did my head in. In all the years going out most trouble we ever had was Southport. It’s a weird fucking place for kick offs. Went all over the place and only had trouble once outside of Southport. And it was some tit from Southport who stole one on my mate in the Krazy House.

Was the academy the one above the kebab house on Neville street? Used to go in there
Loads if that’s the one

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 9, 2023, 02:00:56 pm »
yeah, trendies did my head in. In all the years going out most trouble we ever had was Southport. It’s a weird fucking place for kick offs. Went all over the place and only had trouble once outside of Southport. And it was some tit from Southport who stole one on my mate in the Krazy House.

Was the academy the one above the kebab house on Neville street? Used to go in there
Loads if that’s the one

Yep that's the place, used to go in when they did the rock nights. My old Karate Sensei, Dennis Martin, used to do the door there as well as Manhattans, mainly easy work for him, hardly ever kicked off. I do remember one night some lad twatted his G/F, can't remember if he punched or nutted her, bouncers grabbed him, marched him out the door and then came back in dead quick, we're convinced they just lashed him down all those stairs ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2023, 12:52:56 am »
Whatever happened to peel your spuds, chop them then lash them in the fat to fry? Chips are supposed to be quick, not take all day to cook. Much rather cook chili or a beef stifado if its taking all day

What a shock, you’re a fucking heathen :)

I had the time, so do the double cook. And it was worth it.

I made a sample and got thumbs up from the three kids and the Mrs. But the seal of approval was the boy asking for them for dinner.

It does take slightly more time (but really not much, the time is just spread out).
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?