Author Topic: Champions League last 16 draw - Monday 7 November 11:00 GMT  (Read 27810 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Champions League last 16 draw - Monday 7 November 11:00 GMT
« Reply #400 on: November 8, 2022, 09:16:44 pm »
I don't think they are that good. There, I said it.

We just have to make sure we have energy in midfield and we have a fit squad.

Revisit in February, ridiculous amounts of water under the bridge until then, including new owners and new transfers possibly.

C'mon you Redmen, we are built for ties like this.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #401 on: November 8, 2022, 09:21:27 pm »
True, but why do Everton always have a much easier draw?! They don't meet any of these.
;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #402 on: November 8, 2022, 09:33:25 pm »

Revisit in February, ridiculous amounts of water under the bridge until then, including new owners and new transfers possibly.

They didn't-look-that-good their way towards their hundredth european cup final last year, it's maddening.

Real were dead and buried about a billion times during the knockout stages
The change is cast

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2023, 10:48:26 am »
Madrid battered by Barca last night, soundbites that there in the same boat as we are all old and past it. Vinicius Junior apart, they look old and tired. Modric and Kroos in particular were very poor, Camavinga still flatters to deceive which shows why Ancelotti still doesn't trust him, Rudiger still looks dodgy in a back 4 and Benzema's time looks almost up as well. Only Courtois once again saving them from an even worse thrashing. So it's looking like it's a 50/50 toss up right now and who wants it more on the 2 nights. Anfield first is probably better for us, if we can somehow get an early lead. There probably the only team we'll play in the next month who haven't got a more mobile midfield than ours if Ancelotti persists with Kroos and Modric!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2023, 11:05:56 am »
They don't play anywhere near as expansive a game as we do, so their ageing midfielders don't have the same amount of open space to cover.  But I also think we can definitely get a goal or two against them, Darwin will cause havoc.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2023, 11:06:00 am »
Madrid battered by Barca last night, soundbites that there in the same boat as we are all old and past it. Vinicius Junior apart, they look old and tired. Modric and Kroos in particular were very poor, Camavinga still flatters to deceive which shows why Ancelotti still doesn't trust him, Rudiger still looks dodgy in a back 4 and Benzema's time looks almost up as well. Only Courtois once again saving them from an even worse thrashing. So it's looking like it's a 50/50 toss up right now and who wants it more on the 2 nights. Anfield first is probably better for us, if we can somehow get an early lead. There probably the only team we'll play in the next month who haven't got a more mobile midfield than ours if Ancelotti persists with Kroos and Modric!

Tchouameni injured though
They're considerable favourites vs us sadly

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2023, 11:32:28 am »
We were talking shit about their aging midfield before the CL final too. How that turned out exactly?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2023, 11:33:00 am »
We were talking shit about their aging midfield before the CL final too. How that turned out exactly?

Their midfield looked shit and we dominated but couldn't score?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2023, 11:50:43 am »

Fuck, what happened to the me of November and what happened to Liverpool?

Madrid are not looking as good now, what a shame we have dived off a cliff. The thought of Jordan Henderson lining up for this match almost makes me feel sick atm.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2023, 12:20:28 pm »
We play them tomorrow, even if its 8pm at Anfield with that 'Barcelona' crowd, we get soundly beaten home and away.

Luckily we dont play them tomorrow. We have time to work on the system, get players like Diaz, Jota, Bobby etc fit and firing.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2023, 12:22:14 pm »
Their midfield looked shit and we dominated but couldn't score?

Might be the most painful match I've watched us play ... there's some tough competition.. but the extent to which we dominated them and then lost to a freak goal has been airbrushed from football history

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2023, 12:23:06 pm »
Could be a nice game of walking football then! We might just have a chance!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2023, 12:23:38 pm »
We play them tomorrow, even if its 8pm at Anfield with that 'Barcelona' crowd, we get soundly beaten home and away.

Luckily we dont play them tomorrow. We have time to work on the system, get players like Diaz, Jota, Bobby etc fit and firing.

Isn’t Diaz out till March at least? And Jota sometime in Feb, the chances of him being ready would be slim to none I suspect/

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2023, 12:26:10 pm »
Isn’t Diaz out till March at least? And Jota sometime in Feb, the chances of him being ready would be slim to none I suspect/

I thought it was the other way around, Jota march and Diaz February

But still yeah hard to see either being ready

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2023, 12:33:47 pm »
21st Feb we play Madrid with the return leg 15th March.

I think we see one of them back fully fit with the other ready for the bench for the 2nd leg.

Obviously means nothing if we cant fix the issues we already have. But we have time and matches for us to do that.

Madrid are very beatable and we can beat them. We just have a lot of work to do between now and then

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2023, 01:28:57 pm »
They could be bottom of La Liga and I'd still be wary of them, they always seem to kick it up a notch in the Champions League.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2023, 10:09:40 am »
Klopp

"I don’t know exactly how long Diogo will be out for, but he looks really good," said Klopp. "He is out there on the pitch and doing a lot of stuff already but he will be out for another few weeks. In contention for the Champions League? From my point of view, yes."

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2023, 10:21:25 am »
Selling Casemiro was huge mistake by Madrid. He was always the glue that held their midfield and defence together, without him protecting the defence they look all over the place at back.

This is probably the most beatable they have been since we have been drawn to be faced against them in their Champions League era of dominance but what sucks us for is that we're playing the worst football we ever have in Klopp's time at the club.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2023, 05:17:10 pm »
Selling Casemiro was huge mistake by Madrid. He was always the glue that held their midfield and defence together, without him protecting the defence they look all over the place at back.

This is probably the most beatable they have been since we have been drawn to be faced against them in their Champions League era of dominance but what sucks us for is that we're playing the worst football we ever have in Klopp's time at the club.
They've been there before with Makelele...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: February 5, 2023, 04:29:58 pm »
Madrid lost again. Courtois missed the game after injuring his abductor muscle in the warm-up so could face a few weeks out. There off to play the World club tournament now next week followed by two La Liga games, so 4 games in a week basically before they play us at Anfield. Then face Atletico and Barcelona before the 2nd leg. That'll be tough all that on their old legs, which can only be good for us right now if we can somehow find our own way.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 04:40:26 pm by stonecold_jpm »

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #421 on: February 5, 2023, 04:45:12 pm »
Madrid lost again. Courtois missed the game after injuring his abductor muscle in the warm-up so could face a few weeks out. There off to play the World club tournament now next week followed by two La Liga games, so 4 games in a week basically before they play us at Anfield. Then face Atletico and Barcelona before the 2nd leg. That'll be tough all that on their old legs, which can only be good for us right now if we can somehow find our own way.

How do you mean four games in a week? They play Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, and then us on Tuesday. It's a busy fixture list, but pretty much a regular two games a week schedule.

I agree, though, that draw looks better by the day, just a shame we're shit as well.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: February 5, 2023, 06:30:15 pm »
How do you mean four games in a week? They play Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, and then us on Tuesday. It's a busy fixture list, but pretty much a regular two games a week schedule.

I agree, though, that draw looks better by the day, just a shame we're shit as well.

Sorry didn’t realise their first game in the World club was Wednesday thought it was next weekend. Hopefully they pick up more injuries. As for the rest of the draw, it looks now like it’s the worst we’ve seen in years and the most open for anyone to win it.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 06:33:13 pm by stonecold_jpm »

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: February 6, 2023, 12:09:49 pm »

Thank you for posting this. Football is not an easy or logical game sometimes. Seems like a Klopp kind of moment. If we can find some sellotape and horse placentas for our defenders then maybe, just maybe we can turn up the heat at Anfield. The fans will be up for it, of that we can be 1000% sure.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #424 on: February 14, 2023, 10:22:57 am »
Make or break week coming up for us - We win our next two and we are back on course for top 4 + have a good chance of salvaging our season with a CL run.

Good time to bag a derby win and get our confidence back a little. I was actually devastated after the wolves game and I think the first time in the Klopp era that I wasnt optimistic about our future, but Klopps pre match comments, the game itself and Salahs interview after the game gave me a lot of believe.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2023, 10:16:31 am »
Aurelien Tchouameni and Toni Kroos will miss game vs Liverpool. Karim Benzema, available — travels with the squad. Big boost for us that their midfield being weakened.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: February 20, 2023, 10:18:20 am »
Would rather Kroos played, they looked poor in every CL tie last season until they got legs on the pitch.

Their fans have wanted a Modric, Camavinga, Ceballos midfield, I guess they're gonna see what it's like, hopefully bad!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: February 20, 2023, 10:25:04 am »
Would rather Kroos played, they looked poor in every CL tie last season until they got legs on the pitch.

Their fans have wanted a Modric, Camavinga, Ceballos midfield, I guess they're gonna see what it's like, hopefully bad!
Tchouameni not impressing? Another bullet dodged? :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 20, 2023, 05:46:14 pm »
Tchouameni not impressing? Another bullet dodged? :D

No he's really good. But Carlo has a weird hang-up sometimes.