Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 173499 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2022, 01:06:12 am »
Fair. But considering our current predicament, we would have used him as a 6, I reckon.

I think we have made a definite decision for him to play as an 8 because he simply isn't good enough in the air to play as a 6 in a Klopp side.

Bajcetic is a centre-back encouraged to play as a 6.

Ansolutely critical to the way that Klopp wants to play the game is that the 6 has to drop in between the centre back when the counter press is beaten. The six makes it three at the back. If you go three at the back then the central player in the three has to be aerially dominant.

It has to be that way because one of your usual centre-backs will typically be drawn out to defend the channels. The other will cover the back post and the 6 will be up against their 9.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2022, 03:10:18 am »
Thought he looked pretty good. Shame he didn't put a bit more welly on his shot on goal, would have been nice for him to get off the mark.

Think he really means business though and will develop into a proper handy player
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2022, 09:49:27 pm »
Let's get him bedded in.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2022, 10:33:34 pm »
18 or not, would he really be doing a worse job than Fabinho currently?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2022, 10:34:24 pm »
18 or not, would he really be doing a worse job than Fabinho currently?

He definitely can’t and at least he’ll be able to move around the pitch and cover some ground.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2022, 10:51:31 pm »
Play him in the starting lineup till the break.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2022, 10:13:56 am »
Trent came in young and made the RB spot his own. He’s 18, it’s not like throwing a 15 year old in with men. He cannot, genuinely cannot, be any worse than what we’re playing there and I’d say it’d be tough for him not to be considerably better
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2022, 10:15:30 am »
Stefan Bajcetic Maquieira

Name alone deserves a chance to start.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2022, 02:07:18 pm »
Release the Badger.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2022, 02:18:54 pm »
Play him in the starting lineup till the break.

He should get Napoli and Derby at least. Performs well and it might get him the Southampton game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2022, 02:30:57 pm »
You know things are bad when this lad is meant to be our saviour. He may be a good player but I suspect it will be more throwing fresh meat to the wolves more than anything.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2022, 02:51:48 pm »
You know things are bad when this lad is meant to be our saviour. He may be a good player but I suspect it will be more throwing fresh meat to the wolves more than anything.

Don't think anyone sees him as a saviour in fairness. More a case of can't possibly be any worse than what Fabinho is producing currently.

I haven't seen a fall from grace as spectacular as Fabinho since Torres after the 2010 world cup

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2022, 03:31:59 pm »
He played an hour for the u-21 yesterday at WHU,we were 3-0 up when he got subbed out.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2022, 05:19:52 pm »
I'd definitely give him a start against Napoli, if only to rest some of our midfield legs.  But I would be amazed if he's starting any games of consequence for us this season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2022, 07:27:11 pm »
He played an hour for the u-21 yesterday at WHU,we were 3-0 up when he got subbed out.

Didn’t Ramsay play the same length as well as scoring?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2022, 07:31:12 pm »

And Doak didn’t play at all….:boxhead
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2022, 10:05:11 pm »
Nice little cameo from him.

Looks very well accomplished especially considering his age.

Tackles well, calm on the ball spreads it around nicely.

Maybe lacking a bit of pace but future is definitely bright for this lad.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 1, 2022, 10:11:14 pm »
Hope he starts against Derby, it will do him good.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #138 on: November 1, 2022, 10:12:36 pm »
The CL commentator seemed to pronounce his name the way I assume it should be pronounced. No batches involved
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 1, 2022, 10:13:06 pm »
Nice little cameo from him.

Looks very well accomplished especially considering his age.

Tackles well, calm on the ball spreads it around nicely.

Maybe lacking a bit of pace but future is definitely bright for this lad.
Straight after the goal one of their guys was annoyed and looking to land a foul, and they then managed to win the ball on the back of that pressure. Kostas was exposed in behind, and Bajcetic just tidily tucks in behind and snuffs the counter before it even looked dangerous. Right as the crowd were up and while Napoli were trying to respond with high intensity. Great moment, bodes well.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #140 on: November 1, 2022, 10:13:12 pm »
Should definitely get a start against Derby but I still think he's a year or two off getting into our first team squad on a consistent basis.  Struggled a little with the pace of the game tonight, but when he did have a little time, you could see his quality.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #141 on: November 1, 2022, 10:13:58 pm »
Play him more.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2022, 10:36:59 pm »
Struggled a little with the pace of the game tonight

Really think that’s harsh

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #143 on: November 1, 2022, 10:38:24 pm »

I think you’re taking his comment a bit out of context. Overall he was positive,

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #144 on: November 1, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »

Don't think it's particularly harsh, he's, what, 18?  Playing against one of the top teams in Europe, who were snapping into tackles, there's nothing wrong with him needing more games to adjust to that sort of match.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #145 on: November 1, 2022, 10:43:12 pm »
I just don’t think he struggled with the pace of it.  I thought he did well. It was a bit frenetic with them coming onto us and I thought he showed resistance.  We can agree to disagree!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 1, 2022, 11:30:39 pm »
hope he will get more minutes

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 1, 2022, 11:35:12 pm »
I just don’t think he struggled with the pace of it.  I thought he did well. It was a bit frenetic with them coming onto us and I thought he showed resistance.  We can agree to disagree!

I’m with you, he didn’t struggle with the pace of the game at all. Thought he fitted in quite nicely.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #148 on: November 1, 2022, 11:57:41 pm »
The CL commentator seemed to pronounce his name the way I assume it should be pronounced. No batches involved

Don't know how the guy pronounced it, but this is how it should be pronounced:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xl4V8L6W0q8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xl4V8L6W0q8</a>

As it's Stefan Bajcetic's dad I would assume it's the same for his son... ;)

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #149 on: November 2, 2022, 12:07:57 am »
Don't know how the guy pronounced it, but this is how it should be pronounced:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xl4V8L6W0q8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xl4V8L6W0q8</a>

As it's Stefan Bajcetic's dad I would assume it's the same for his son... ;)
Yep, 'Buy-Chet-Itch'. Based on my experience of the language and the region his family originally hail from, that's how I'd pronounce it, and how the CL commentator pronounced it.

But I've heard lots of people opting for 'Batch-a-tich' - so many that I wondered whether his family had taken on an odd pronunciation at some point.

Thanks for the vid. Hadn't seen that before.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2022, 12:10:27 am by Ghost Town »

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 2, 2022, 01:18:49 am »
Should definitely get a start against Derby but I still think he's a year or two off getting into our first team squad on a consistent basis.  Struggled a little with the pace of the game tonight, but when he did have a little time, you could see his quality.

I am sure that you have played football competitively at some stage.

You can't be at the same rhythm of the match as players who have had 60mins + of playing.

Warming up on the touchline is not the same as actually getting into the pace of the game.

He is bound to be slower

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 2, 2022, 02:46:19 am »
Yep, 'Buy-Chet-Itch'. Based on my experience of the language and the region his family originally hail from, that's how I'd pronounce it, and how the CL commentator pronounced it.

But I've heard lots of people opting for 'Batch-a-tich' - so many that I wondered whether his family had taken on an odd pronunciation at some point.

Thanks for the vid. Hadn't seen that before.

Yeah, it's very common here (Australia) for people from Eastern Europe to anglicise the pronunciation of their names for us dummies, even really basic stuff like pronouncing -ic as "ick". My BIL and niece+nephew have a lovely Polish surname that has been turned into something that sounds like a sex organ. It's very annoying to a wannabe linguist like me!

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #152 on: November 2, 2022, 02:47:32 am »
I wouldn't say he struggled with the pace of play at all.  If there's anything to criticize him about is he did get muscled off the ball a couple times.  I wouldn't think that's too uncommon for a slender 18 year old.  Seems like he's going to be a valuable player to get some good minutes and give Thiago and Fabinho some spells of rest. 

If he's still around in three years is there the potential he could be a sure starter?  I would think so just based on the small sample size so far.  He looks a player. 

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 2, 2022, 05:21:51 am »
Thought he was quite good when he came on, broke up play a couple times with some well timed tackles or interceptions. Played calm under pressure and some good passes

I assume he will start vs Derby and looking forward to seeing him for a prolonged period of time in a senior game. Hes got the build and technique to be quite the midfielder which could save us a few quid if he progresses nicely. Morton looks a decent talent I think Bajcectic has an even higher ceiling potential than him

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 9, 2022, 10:00:58 pm »
That time wasting twat was well off his line wtf.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #155 on: November 9, 2022, 10:05:28 pm »
That time wasting twat was well off his line wtf.
He took two massive jumps forward.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 9, 2022, 10:06:23 pm »
No VAR today

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 9, 2022, 10:06:56 pm »
Shouldn't have needed VAR, the ref should have spotted it, it was pretty clear.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #158 on: November 9, 2022, 10:07:48 pm »
Shouldn't have needed VAR, the ref should have spotted it, it was pretty clear.

He was literally 2 yards away from him. Wtf was that all about. Think the ref was going to let that keeper get away with it until someone got in the ear of the assistant

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #159 on: November 9, 2022, 10:08:46 pm »
He was literally 2 yards away from him. Wtf was that all about. Think the ref was going to let that keeper get away with it until someone got in the ear of the assistant
Err, he did get away with it……
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."