Author Topic: The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)  (Read 50889 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)
« Reply #280 on: February 1, 2023, 08:05:04 pm »
The transfer window is an excellent period to go on a blocking spree I find.

must of unfollowed about 50 accounts in the last week, utter bell whiffs on there

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #281 on: February 1, 2023, 09:11:09 pm »
It will never change.
It was a cesspit even when we were winning everything.
Ban yourself from social media involving anything you love.
You'll feel so much better.
Its at the point where I blame the club for leaving comments sections open.

Be nice if they at least moderate to some degree - but the thing is - they are likely more than happy with the interaction for the usual reasons on these platforms - the retweets and likes. Admins of football twitter aren’t fans of the club, and they likely are highly dependant on the numbers of views etc they bring in.  It’s a competitive business alas, and got more so in recent seasons with the ‘banter’ admins of clubs like Roma and Leverkusen (both now no longer with such admins!), but that really paved the way for how clubs try and behave on social media to get the interactions.

it’s shit. Basically everything the official channels post is a playground full of nameless, gutless trolls.   

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #282 on: February 1, 2023, 09:31:13 pm »
Be nice if they at least moderate to some degree - but the thing is - they are likely more than happy with the interaction for the usual reasons on these platforms - the retweets and likes. Admins of football twitter aren’t fans of the club, and they likely are highly dependant on the numbers of views etc they bring in.  It’s a competitive business alas, and got more so in recent seasons with the ‘banter’ admins of clubs like Roma and Leverkusen (both now no longer with such admins!), but that really paved the way for how clubs try and behave on social media to get the interactions.

it’s shit. Basically everything the official channels post is a playground full of nameless, gutless trolls.   

The main thing about Twitter is to identify your target audience and then to post things that they want to read about. People will tend to follow Twitter accounts that feed them stuff that they already believe. So if you believe in a flat earth then you’ll tend to follow other people with similar beliefs. Those people will reinforce your beliefs and before you know it then your feed will “prove” that you are correct. Few people want to read a balanced opinion or one that is contrary to theirs.

I don’t go near Twitter as it tends to annoy me as I react to assholes who post nonsense. Twitter thinks that I like their posts and so I get more nonsense. Take a look at some politicians that have extreme views. I have called a few of them out but their “followers” then try to drown me out rather than debating like adults. Or the owner of the account just blocks me so that their feed doesn’t contain anybody with views that are contrary to theirs.

A lot of Twitter accounts post one-sided drivel that panders to a certain audience that laps up the content. Generally the more one-sided or biased or offensive the better. Most things are not black or white and there’s usually some truth on both sides of the discussion. However Twitter isn’t about truth or reason. It’s about posting content that people “like”.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 09:43:03 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #283 on: February 2, 2023, 12:22:22 am »
I have several views relating to most social media (except forums that is) and these express them well

And I know the second cartoon got some criticism but I post it after seeing a 3 year old guide his parent across a busy road as they avoid looking up from their phone
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 2, 2023, 10:27:32 am »
I have several views relating to most social media (except forums that is) and these express them well

And I know the second cartoon got some criticism but I post it after seeing a 3 year old guide his parent across a busy road as they avoid looking up from their phone

I feel like screaming at parents like that. I see so many mothers walking with kids, totally ignoring them while staring at their phones. I love walking with my kids, we have big long conversations about all kinds of stuff, its a great use of time.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #285 on: February 2, 2023, 11:20:36 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/01/premier-league-january-spending-bubble-transfer-window

This article from Jonathan Liew kinda feeds into that social media, entertainment frenzy.

I am not on any social media for the very reasons this thread looks at, amongst others. My 17 year old daughter is all over it and it seems that a lot of what she reads she believes despite my efforts to point her in a different direction and tell her the truth. It seems that there is a whole army of whoppers who seek instant gratification, and that includes the team they supposedly support.

I just hope that the likes of Klopp stay well away and are well aware that the mainstay of supporters back him and would likely march if there was a hint of him being dismissed. As for FSG they seem to get pelters on there and from what people tell me on RAWK - reasoned debate doesn`t seem to apply to a lot of people. People seem to see 'Black and White' and ignore the huge areas of grey inbetween. They don`t seem to understand that two things can be right at the same time and that criticism and praise doesn`t need to be mutually exclusive and a binary choice.

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #286 on: February 3, 2023, 11:48:03 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/01/premier-league-january-spending-bubble-transfer-window

This article from Jonathan Liew kinda feeds into that social media, entertainment frenzy.

I am not on any social media for the very reasons this thread looks at, amongst others. My 17 year old daughter is all over it and it seems that a lot of what she reads she believes despite my efforts to point her in a different direction and tell her the truth. It seems that there is a whole army of whoppers who seek instant gratification, and that includes the team they supposedly support.

I just hope that the likes of Klopp stay well away and are well aware that the mainstay of supporters back him and would likely march if there was a hint of him being dismissed. As for FSG they seem to get pelters on there and from what people tell me on RAWK - reasoned debate doesn`t seem to apply to a lot of people. People seem to see 'Black and White' and ignore the huge areas of grey inbetween. They don`t seem to understand that two things can be right at the same time and that criticism and praise doesn`t need to be mutually exclusive and a binary choice.

Good stuff

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: February 6, 2023, 12:05:09 pm »
If Twitter existed in 2005 during the Olympiacos game...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #288 on: February 6, 2023, 01:02:16 pm »
LFC Twitter: "And Liverpool have won the European Cup for the fifth time!"

Twitter dickhead: "Don't care, buy a midfielder"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #289 on: February 6, 2023, 01:38:51 pm »

0-3 at half time, effin useless bunch of shite, we need to sack Benitez and bin off all these players, preferably before the second half starts
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 6, 2023, 02:16:38 pm »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #291 on: February 6, 2023, 07:36:57 pm »

^ That image gave me old Rashid vibes ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #292 on: February 6, 2023, 07:42:24 pm »

0-3 at half time, effin useless bunch of shite, we need to sack Benitez and bin off all these players, preferably before the second half starts

I'd love to see the half time thread on RAWK from that game. Gotta be floating about somewhere

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 6, 2023, 07:53:06 pm »
^ That image gave me old Rashid vibes ;D

the guy from Koptallk? He’s still very active on Twitter.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #294 on: February 6, 2023, 08:10:20 pm »
Can you imagine the 87-88 season?

"Rush gone and who've we signed?  Massively overpaid for a Newcastle midget and some untested Watford winger!  So for goals we're relying on some noob from Oxford who has has hardly played a game since we got him in January.  Kenny has to go, we'll win shite all this season, it'll be embarrassing. We should have broke the bank and signed Hoddle and Kerry Dixon. Smith and Robinson out!"

fc
« Last Edit: February 6, 2023, 08:25:06 pm by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #295 on: February 6, 2023, 11:10:18 pm »
the guy from Koptallk? He’s still very active on Twitter.

He used to be on here quite a bit too - every other post was about Quaresma (and how brilliant we'd be if he signed for us)...

Koptalk, eh? Good to see he ended up in the right place then ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 6, 2023, 11:18:07 pm »
He used to be on here quite a bit too - every other post was about Quaresma (and how brilliant we'd be if he signed for us)...

Koptalk, eh? Good to see he ended up in the right place then ;D

didn’t know he was here, luckily I managed to avoid that  ;D  He was a classic Twitter LFC ‘fan' before Twitter even existed.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #297 on: February 6, 2023, 11:41:12 pm »
Twitter summed up in one tweet. Probably a Manc on a wind up.

The FSG out 'badge' appears to identify a lot of the worst on Twitter. I was called out as a jobless victim by the 'exposing top reds' account (he's since deleted it). Apparently, he'd rather be a Tory than a 'top red' 😄 Probably a school kid with no concept/interest in what the club is actually about, like most of them

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: February 7, 2023, 01:05:01 am »
Can you imagine the 87-88 season?

"Rush gone and who've we signed?  Massively overpaid for a Newcastle midget and some untested Watford winger!  So for goals we're relying on some noob from Oxford who has has hardly played a game since we got him in January.  Kenny has to go, we'll win shite all this season, it'll be embarrassing. We should have broke the bank and signed Hoddle and Kerry Dixon. Smith and Robinson out!"
Beardsley was a British transfer record. Aldridge had pretty much a two-in-three record in the top division when we signed him. Barnes had been an England regular for years and Ray Houghton was one of the midfielders in the bottom half of the division. We also signed Nigel Spackman, a decent midtable midfielder, as cover at the same time as Aldridge. Apart from Aldridge, the rest were between 23 and 26 years old.

To put it in a 2023 context, do you really think people would have been disappointed if we'd signed Enzo Fernandez, Harry Kane, Declan Rice, Eberechi Eze and Ruben Neves in the last three windows? I think they'd have been more than fine with it. I think it would have been different in 1987 if the club had just signed Paulinho Cascavel and Hans Gillhaus.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 01:11:06 am by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #299 on: February 7, 2023, 05:32:13 am »
I'd love to see the half time thread on RAWK from that game. Gotta be floating about somewhere

Nope, I don't recall it existed back then. There were no HT threads on this Forum.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #300 on: February 7, 2023, 06:08:00 am »
Beardsley was a British transfer record. Aldridge had pretty much a two-in-three record in the top division when we signed him. Barnes had been an England regular for years and Ray Houghton was one of the midfielders in the bottom half of the division. We also signed Nigel Spackman, a decent midtable midfielder, as cover at the same time as Aldridge. Apart from Aldridge, the rest were between 23 and 26 years old.

To put it in a 2023 context, do you really think people would have been disappointed if we'd signed Enzo Fernandez, Harry Kane, Declan Rice, Eberechi Eze and Ruben Neves in the last three windows? I think they'd have been more than fine with it. I think it would have been different in 1987 if the club had just signed Paulinho Cascavel and Hans Gillhaus.
:lmao
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #301 on: February 7, 2023, 06:57:49 am »
In the backdrop of City’s devastating corruption being exposed, you would imagine that there’d be a moment of pause and caution from some of the whopperatti intent on selling the club to the highest bidder with the deepest pockets.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #302 on: February 7, 2023, 07:07:20 am »
In the backdrop of City’s devastating corruption being exposed, you would imagine that there’d be a moment of pause and caution from some of the whopperatti intent on selling the club to the highest bidder with the deepest pockets.
Nope, the tedious fucking self-righteous twats cannot stop, cannot pause even for an instant.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 07:09:08 am by Ghost Town »

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #303 on: February 7, 2023, 09:58:45 am »

See that point that went right over your head?   ;)

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: February 7, 2023, 10:16:04 am »
Nope, the tedious fucking self-righteous twats cannot stop, cannot pause even for an instant.
It's because they're not capable of rational analysis of anything. It's about instant gratification.

A bit like the posters in the City thread, without a moments thought, they trot out the assumption that any penalty will be  "a slap on the wrists".
Now of course the eventual punishment may not end up as harsh as most would like, but it doesn't necessarily mean that everything else will stay the same. But no, lets just carry on posting.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #305 on: February 7, 2023, 10:38:11 am »

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=68112.280

There is this. Nowhere neat the amount of comments as there would be these days.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: February 7, 2023, 10:45:03 am »

See that point that went right over your head?   ;)
There was no point because there's no realistic comparison, something that seems to have gone over your head: 'Imagine if fans back then had behaved the same way when we bought a load of players after a season when we didn't win anything, then went on a 29-match unbeaten run!' I can't for some reason. I do remember a lot of moaning in the early 90's though.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #307 on: February 7, 2023, 10:52:35 am »
There was no point because there's no realistic comparison, something that seems to have gone over your head: 'Imagine if fans back then had behaved the same way when we bought a load of players after a season when we didn't win anything, then went on a 29-match unbeaten run!' I can't for some reason. I do remember a lot of moaning in the early 90's though.

No you missed it completely, but lets move on.

fc

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #308 on: February 7, 2023, 03:03:03 pm »
If Twitter existed in 2005 during the Olympiacos game...

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Someone should make more of these. Would love to have seen twitter during half time in Istanbul, although the rawk threads are still active!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: February 7, 2023, 03:13:02 pm »

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=68112.0
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 7, 2023, 05:12:39 pm »

Interesting read. Is there one for the 2006 FA Cup Final (I'm lazy)? I'm wondering what that West Ham fan made of that!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: February 7, 2023, 05:15:45 pm »
Interesting read. Is there one for the 2006 FA Cup Final (I'm lazy)? I'm wondering what that West Ham fan made of that!

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=122561.80
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #312 on: February 7, 2023, 10:32:04 pm »
Only one name on the first page that I recognise, our old friend Turkish. Never you you were such a long-timer, Turkish :)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #313 on: February 8, 2023, 08:33:23 am »
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Someone should make more of these. Would love to have seen twitter during half time in Istanbul, although the rawk threads are still active!

6=0 to Milan this. Fucking embarrasing. Gerrard, fuck off to Chelsea, you twat.

Here's just one i picked out haha

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #314 on: February 8, 2023, 08:56:46 am »

Yep

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #315 on: February 8, 2023, 09:12:43 am »
I am just glad there are no tedious self-righteous posts in this thread. This thread is akin to people commenting on gogglebox, whose role is commenting on things that have actually happened on TV. You then get people commenting on people's comments about Gogglebox. :)

I think Andy should start a thread with a pole commenting on the comments in the 'The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)'. Or better start it on Twitter so we can go full circle. :) 
« Last Edit: February 8, 2023, 09:14:59 am by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2023, 08:30:10 am »
It’s been a rare weekend across social media following the transfer circus around Caisedo…a mark of how transfers are now the only show in town.

Blue tick whoppery has made Twitter an even bigger bin fire than ever before. Any comments below a big football account are dominated by lads with hardly any followers but thick enough to have bought a blue tick on a free app.

These narcissists get tweets to be more prominent meaning you’re reading awful stuff from the off. Any big Liverpool account is hijacked by the worst people. Last week, Spirit of Shankly tweeted their respects to a director at Tranmere who has died. The replies were abusive to SoS and FSG, transfer related and ignoring anything to do with the tribute. Their need for a new DM to brag about blocks all ideas of decency.

While all this stuff can be ignored, I do think it starts to infect more mainstream outlets. Noise online has traction. Grim podcasters ‘who know ball’ feed off it and engage in ‘top bantz’ that offers nothing more than divisive views - to these guys being a fan in just an endless stream of oneupmanship with rivals in a toxic loop. Actual football is a peripheral part of the sport. But this dumb stuff doesn’t stop there.

It creeps into the analysis on places like talkSPORT and Sky Sports News. You get Alan Shearer and Carragher parroting reductive arguments about Liverpool being ‘embarrassed’ for trying to get a new player. For me, the idea of bidding for a player has nothing to do with notions of shame or pride. Embarrassed? What the…?

It’s a strange time to follow football.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2023, 10:46:51 am »
It’s a strange time to follow football.

Great post, and a sad one. Sky are the worst for it, they know it helps their engagement if they start posting divisive shite.

A lot of this "new wave" don't enjoy the raw emotion of the game, they sit hoping things happen that will strengthen their artificial position in the world of opinion. I remember Twitter whoppers in 2019 saying they couldn't celebrate the 4-0 against Barca because "Wijnaldum the fraud" scored.

Everything these days also HAS to be absolute - there's no grey. Everything is black and white. Salah is "finished" because he didn't score yesterday, Luis Diaz is the only good player we have because he's the one who scored. That new defender scored for Chelsea, i'd never heard of him before the game. Now he's better than Van Dijk. He's better than that fraud William Saliba. He's definitely the best in the league. Where does he rank against Vidic/Terry/Campbell? Vote now in this poll.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2023, 10:55:45 am »
And the wider implications of the dumbing down of all commentary? Well we're currently enjoying the fruits of Brexit which was in no small part inspired by the Cambridge Analytica fuckery. This is what is happening to football and society writ small. Great post, Fitzy.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2023, 11:45:12 am »
The Greenwood 'debate' is an utter cesspit.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.