Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 587755 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #2960 on: February 1, 2018, 09:47:33 pm »
It's half empty tonight. Phil's just come on, maybe he's got something to do with that ;)

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: February 1, 2018, 09:48:27 pm »
I was reading today on Goal that Barca's average attendance this season has dropped 12k from last season.

Strange especially with Messi at the peak of his powers and walking the league.
Wonder what the reasons are for?  Have there ticket prices increased much?
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2962 on: February 1, 2018, 09:56:41 pm »
Good header from Suarez, 1-0

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2963 on: February 1, 2018, 10:22:45 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2964 on: February 2, 2018, 09:19:18 am »
Wonder what the reasons are for?  Have there ticket prices increased much?

What the article cited in another post fails to mention however is that Catalan independence movement and the violent Spanish reaction has had an influence as well.  It's affecting the gathering of cules together over concerns of reprisal from the state and this has impacted tourism as well

Of course, Valverde being mind numbingly boring with the 4-4-2 isn't helping either

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2965 on: February 2, 2018, 10:23:36 am »
What the article cited in another post fails to mention however is that Catalan independence movement and the violent Spanish reaction has had an influence as well.  It's affecting the gathering of cules together over concerns of reprisal from the state and this has impacted tourism as well

Of course, Valverde being mind numbingly boring with the 4-4-2 isn't helping either
I am not really following things off the pitch. But, given the low block tactics of the majority of teams playing Barca, I don't think Valverde and Barca are boring.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: February 2, 2018, 10:28:25 am »

Or the fact the stadium was completely empty for a game.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2967 on: February 2, 2018, 10:48:30 am »
Or the fact the stadium was completely empty for a game.
They excluded that from the averages

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: February 2, 2018, 12:39:02 pm »
Coutinho is bloody good, but Iniesta is on another level. Sublime player!

I was actually at this game.  Thought Coutinho played a few nice passes but was poor overall.  You can see he’s not quite on the same page as the other players which isn’t suprising.  He actually seemed to keep moving into he same space that Messi was occupying a few times. 

Three really good goals in this game and it is always fun to be in Camp Nou when Messi scores a game winner. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2969 on: February 2, 2018, 12:41:27 pm »
Mind numbingly boring 4-4-2.  Valverde has almost always used this eventhough he too was influenced by Cruyff but the argument has been that with Ousmane injured, he's reverted to this to give the team balance, aka boredom

Well.....they start out in a 4-4-2 formation at kickoff and that’s what you see on the team sheet but if you actually watch the movements of the players it’s nowhere near a “Mind numbingly boring 4-4-2”.  It’s actually not even a 4-4-2 at all. 
« Last Edit: February 2, 2018, 12:43:57 pm by Suareznumber7 »

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2970 on: February 2, 2018, 02:18:47 pm »
I was actually at this game.  Thought Coutinho played a few nice passes but was poor overall.  You can see he’s not quite on the same page as the other players which isn’t suprising.  He actually seemed to keep moving into he same space that Messi was occupying a few times. 

Three really good goals in this game and it is always fun to be in Camp Nou when Messi scores a game winner.

Yep, I noticed that on my stream also, hence why I initially thought he was playing in a free role because he kept drifting towards the center and left.

Definitely needs to train more with the team and in the formation Valverde wants to play.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: February 2, 2018, 04:00:23 pm »
Yep, I noticed that on my stream also, hence why I initially thought he was playing in a free role because he kept drifting towards the center and left.

Definitely needs to train more with the team and in the formation Valverde wants to play.

yeah, he'll obviously be fine once he has more time there.  The one thing that I was really impressed with, and I don't think you can really appreciate it until you see it live, is how good technically he is.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2972 on: February 3, 2018, 01:17:40 pm »
Sevilla are shite. 4-1 down at Eibar. Look like the worst defence in La Liga besides Las Palmas at the minute
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #2973 on: February 3, 2018, 01:40:00 pm »
Sevilla are shite. 4-1 down at Eibar. Look like the worst defence in La Liga besides Las Palmas at the minute

Have Sevilla picked their strongest XI as they play a vital semi final 2ng leg next week in the Copa Del Ray?

Beat chance of winning something.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2974 on: February 3, 2018, 08:45:11 pm »
yeah, he'll obviously be fine once he has more time there.  The one thing that I was really impressed with, and I don't think you can really appreciate it until you see it live, is how good technically he is.
Could you at least try to describe it? Is it his close control and the way he runs with the ball stuck to his feet?

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: February 3, 2018, 08:46:20 pm »
Whats up with Real Madrid?

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: February 3, 2018, 08:50:05 pm »
This season in a technical how they play football sense, or generally how they are a big lump of an arrogant bullying corrupt semi-senile but very rich club?

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2977 on: February 3, 2018, 08:53:03 pm »
To be fair, they’re due an off season. Impossible to maintain the standards they’ve set over the last four years.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2978 on: February 3, 2018, 09:00:00 pm »
To be fair, they’re due an off season. Impossible to maintain the standards they’ve set over the last four years.
[/quote

Their off season is quite something. Barca have had off seasons as well, but not to this extent. It was preventable, but they haven't bought a player in a long time for their standards.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: February 3, 2018, 09:02:01 pm »
Could you at least try to describe it? Is it his close control and the way he runs with the ball stuck to his feet?

Yeah, his close control, his ability to easily twist and turn away from defenders, but probably the thing that impressed me the most was how easily he hit curved passes with the outside of his foot which were perfectly weighted. Basically, he’s a really good fucking player.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2980 on: February 3, 2018, 09:10:27 pm »
[/quote

Their off season is quite something. Barca have had off seasons as well, but not to this extent. It was preventable, but they haven't bought a player in a long time for their standards.
They’ll still finish top 3 and they are through to the last 16 of the champions league. Yes it’s been a poor season but it’s not disastrous when you consider what other great clubs have been through lately. Us, Milan, Inter. I agree they’ve made some odd decisions in the transfer market but we don’t know if they’d been told to trim back to cover the cost of spending between 2009 and 2015. After winning the European cup three times in four years, it’s hard to improve on that. Hard to motivate yourself and those around you at training. All successful teams reach an end and this might be the of the Ronaldo, Ramos, Bale, Benzema, Modric vintage.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: February 3, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »
They've sacked managers for less.

Levante equalize late, 2-2. Well deserved

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: February 3, 2018, 09:31:48 pm »
Lucky that sevilla have gone to shit as they should still stumble in to the champions league

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: February 3, 2018, 09:31:51 pm »
They've sacked managers for less.

Levante equalize late, 2-2. Well deserved

Definitely deserved. They missed an absolute sitter a few minutes earlier. They’ve looked dangerous on the break but Madrid have been wide open.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2984 on: February 3, 2018, 09:48:17 pm »
Zero chance vs PSG

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2985 on: February 4, 2018, 02:57:05 pm »

Messi on the bench for today's game vs Espanyol - 3.15pm ko...

Espanyol XI: Diego López; Navarro, Naldo, David López, Aaron; Granero, Víctor Sánchez, Jurado, Darder; Léo Baptistão, Gerard Moreno

Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen; Nelson Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Lucas Digne; Coutinho, Paulinho, Busquets, Iniesta; F.Alcacer, Luis Suarez
Barcelona bench: Cillessen, I Rakitic, Denis Suárez, Messi, Jordi Alba, S. Roberto, Yerry Mina

Game is on Sky Sports Football in the UK

TV stations around the world showing the game live (+great for IPTV, comms and radio etc) - http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2540717/espanyol-vs-barcelona/

Usual stream and acestream sites...

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/
https://streamwoop.tv/
https://www.streamsports.io/
http://www.footballstreamings.com/
https://stream-hd.live/
http://www.lfootball.ws
https://www.livefootballol.me/
http://acesoplisting.in/

More 'Useful Links' can be found in the signature below...

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: February 4, 2018, 04:00:20 pm »
Anyone watching this? 0-0 so far. No Messi no party.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: February 4, 2018, 04:03:01 pm »
Coutinho hit the wood work.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: February 4, 2018, 07:50:52 pm »
Barcelona dropping more points.....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2989 on: February 4, 2018, 07:54:21 pm »
Barcelona dropping more points.....

They haven't lost a game yet.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: February 4, 2018, 08:01:34 pm »
They haven't lost a game yet.

And just set a record for 22 games from the start of the season, unbeaten.

Don't think they're worried yet like ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2991 on: February 4, 2018, 09:03:20 pm »
1-0 Atletico. Now they are a team to keep a lead and kill this match.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: February 4, 2018, 09:26:34 pm »
1-0 Atletico. Now they are a team to keep a lead and kill this match.
Wish we can learn from them....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: February 4, 2018, 09:36:09 pm »
Wish we can learn from them....

They play a different style of football under a manager who has a different philosophy all together. Of course we can get better and close out certain matches. But their prime focus is on defending. It's why they've only conceded 9 goals in 22 matches however they've only scored 32 goals as well, and it's why they won't win the league because they drop points as they are not consistently able to score more than one goal.

They've done well over the years to win the league and get to two European Cup finals [and could have won both].

However they in my opinion have reached their peak, and will not be able to replicate success unless they start taking some risks offensively.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: February 4, 2018, 10:11:04 pm »
I don't think I'd love football very much if I had to watch Atletico every week. 42 total goals in 22 games is hideous from an entertainment standpoint. Even Burnley games have seen more goals.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2018, 10:15:35 pm by Gerry Attrick »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2995 on: February 4, 2018, 10:24:45 pm »
I don't think I'd love football very much if I had to watch Atletico every week. 42 total goals in 22 games is hideous from an entertainment standpoint. Even Burnley games have seen more goals.

and considering the players they have, it's even a bigger shame.

They are utterly dire to watch.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: February 4, 2018, 10:38:46 pm »
and considering the players they have, it's even a bigger shame.

They are utterly dire to watch.

Yep, they've some quality attacking players that cost a lot of money. Simeone is clearly a very good coach but I sincerely hope he doesn't take a job in England.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2997 on: February 4, 2018, 10:46:21 pm »
Yep, they've some quality attacking players that cost a lot of money. Simeone is clearly a very good coach but I sincerely hope he doesn't take a job in England.

It would be funny watching his tactics against the likes of Burnley, West Ham etc.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2998 on: February 5, 2018, 03:13:31 am »
Barca's fans feel like we fooled them with Coutinho. He's not what they were expecting.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: February 5, 2018, 03:27:14 am »
Barca's fans feel like we fooled them with Coutinho. He's not what they were expecting.

They're idiots. It's only been what 3 games and he's coming off from an injury. Spoiled lot that.