Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 134398 times)

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #3280 on: March 31, 2024, 02:39:45 am »
I got a cd player boom box for my birthday in…1987 maybe? First two cds were Bon Jovi - New Jersey and Bananarama’s greatest hits

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3281 on: March 31, 2024, 03:04:46 am »
I got a cd player boom box for my birthday in…1987 maybe? First two cds were Bon Jovi - New Jersey and Bananarama’s greatest hits

Would have been late 88 or early 89 based on their release dates.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3282 on: March 31, 2024, 10:06:00 am »
You don't think Cruel Summer, Venus or Shy Boy - just off the top of my head - were/are catchy? I mean, this is weird because I don't think they were ever critically regarded or seen as important, just a fun pop band. Better than some, worse than others.

Venus was a good cover if that's your kind of music. I'd much rather a group like Bananarama who wrote their own songs and could sing that manufactured cats being drowned like the Spiçe Girls or Girls Aloud.

Did like the one they did with Fun Boy Three, that's my early 80s guilty pleasure.  Now where did I put Killers by Iron Maiden?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #3283 on: March 31, 2024, 11:23:37 am »
Venus was a good cover if that's your kind of music. I'd much rather a group like Bananarama who wrote their own songs and could sing that manufactured cats being drowned like the Spiçe Girls or Girls Aloud.

Did like the one they did with Fun Boy Three, that's my early 80s guilty pleasure.  Now where did I put Killers by Iron Maiden?
Back in the early 80s I used to drink in the local social club ,sitin one of the rooms that had the pool tables etc and abig fuck off juke box which we always persuaded the bar maids to turn up loud .all the young lads / men went in there ,good crack, no trouble ,different social groups ,rival football fans all good company.
One of these groups of mid /late 20s fellas were the headbangers ,all into deep purple,led zeppelin,white snake,ac dc ,and all that.one evening were all in there but no music on ,one of the heavy metal lads gets up goes to the juke box and I just wait for the opening riff to smoke on the water as per usual to blare out ..oh no ,on comes hungry like the wolf by Duran Duran.
The scene in there was like that bit in American werewolf in London were everyone’s laughing then suddenly stop ,everyone looked at him in amazement ,the pool players stopped playing,even the bar maids were looking .
He just looked at every one and said a bit quietly “I like it ,alright ,anyone got a problem with that “ he was quite a big lad so no one had a problem…lol
It came on a few more times over the evening  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3284 on: March 31, 2024, 12:15:30 pm »

I mean, most of the mid-80s and onwards Bananarama stuff was written and produced by Stock Aitken & Waterman, and sounds spectacularly dreadful.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3285 on: March 31, 2024, 12:39:55 pm »
I mean, most of the mid-80s and onwards Bananarama stuff was written and produced by Stock Aitken & Waterman, and sounds spectacularly dreadful.

I thought they'd split up by the time them 3 dickheads ruined the charts, I can only remember their early stuff and Shakespears Sister was around 88/89 iirc but thinking about it, Dead or Alive was about 85/86? and wasn't that a SAW tune, so they must have started their shite in the mid 80's? As soon as they started polluting the airwaves I stop listening to the radio, so I know I thankfully missed a lot of their shite.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: March 31, 2024, 09:50:18 pm »
I thought they'd split up by the time them 3 dickheads ruined the charts, I can only remember their early stuff and Shakespears Sister was around 88/89 iirc but thinking about it, Dead or Alive was about 85/86? and wasn't that a SAW tune, so they must have started their shite in the mid 80's? As soon as they started polluting the airwaves I stop listening to the radio, so I know I thankfully missed a lot of their shite.

Yes, I think they started about 87 with Kylie and Astley.

I'm okay with early Bananarama, with The Specials and a few others songs. I've always been into rock but Bananarama is for me better than 90% of the shite that masquerades as pop music these days.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: April 1, 2024, 02:00:30 pm »
I'm okay with early Bananarama, with The Specials and a few others songs. I've always been into rock but Bananarama is for me better than 90% of the shite that masquerades as pop music these days.
I'm okay with early Bananarama because of Keren. Their music is fine and inoffensive.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3288 on: April 1, 2024, 05:26:57 pm »
I'm okay with early Bananarama because of Keren. Their music is fine and inoffensive.

:thumbup

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: April 1, 2024, 06:30:00 pm »

Just looked her up, shes 62 now. Never knew she was with Andrew Ridgeley for 27 years, but never married to him.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3290 on: April 1, 2024, 07:25:58 pm »
Just looked her up, shes 62 now. Never knew she was with Andrew Ridgeley for 27 years, but never married to him.

I thought he was with Pepsi or Shirley. Got my 80s pop stars all muddled up!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3291 on: April 1, 2024, 07:27:10 pm »

Just another manic Monday eh?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3292 on: April 1, 2024, 07:31:38 pm »
I think that was Martin Kemp.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3293 on: April 1, 2024, 07:31:56 pm »
Just another manic Monday eh?

;D

He was with Shirlie for two years but that was the 80's, she's been married to Martin Kemp for 35 years
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3294 on: April 1, 2024, 07:34:15 pm »
;D

He was with Shirlie for two years but that was the 80's, she's been married to Martin Kemp for 35 years

Thanks Baz Bamigboye.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3295 on: April 1, 2024, 07:35:32 pm »
Thanks Baz Bamigboye.

;D

Thought he was one of the 3am girls.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: April 1, 2024, 07:36:16 pm »
Thanks Baz Bamigboye.

Missus takes credit for that knowledge, she's into Spandau, Duran, Wham and all that early 80's stuff and knows all kinds of stuff.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3297 on: April 1, 2024, 07:37:11 pm »
;D

:lmao

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: April 1, 2024, 07:37:30 pm »
;D

Are they the end of the night "you'll do" crowd?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3299 on: April 1, 2024, 07:44:38 pm »
Are they the end of the night "you'll do" crowd?

Think they were Daily Mirror gossip columnists from the late 90s reporting that Kavanah was necking Tina from S Club at the Met Bar.

That about right Hazell?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3300 on: April 1, 2024, 07:59:13 pm »
ha ha yep ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3301 on: April 1, 2024, 08:17:52 pm »
Think they were Daily Mirror gossip columnists from the late 90s reporting that Kavanah was necking Tina from S Club at the Met Bar.

That about right Hazell?

No idea who any of them are except I've obviously heard of S club. Hannah Spearit and Rachel Stevens are the only ones I'd recognise though

ha ha yep ;D

You twat, for saying I was one of those

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3302 on: April 4, 2024, 06:52:18 pm »
I had a real wobble yesterday when I saw the City and Arsenal results. I feel like we're limping a bit. I'll say no more because this is unpopular enough.

PROVE ME WRONG REDS

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3303 on: April 4, 2024, 11:56:09 pm »
I had a real wobble yesterday when I saw the City and Arsenal results. I feel like we're limping a bit. I'll say no more because this is unpopular enough.

PROVE ME WRONG REDS

Still wobbling a bit but I'll shut up now  :scarf

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3304 on: April 5, 2024, 01:19:49 pm »

PROVE ME WRONG REDS

I'm not even thinking about winning the league at this point - it's a deffo take each game as it comes mentality for me this season.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: April 6, 2024, 10:11:41 am »
Taskmaster is a bit shit
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: April 6, 2024, 12:16:19 pm »
Taskmaster is a bit shit
You aren't cool.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3307 on: April 6, 2024, 01:06:17 pm »
You aren't cool.

Probably not an unpopular opinion that mate
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: April 6, 2024, 03:14:02 pm »
Probably not an unpopular opinion that mate
;D

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #3309 on: April 9, 2024, 12:33:32 pm »
The Hangover films aren’t even slightly funny.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3310 on: April 9, 2024, 12:38:52 pm »
Not just me then!  Didn’t laugh once at the first one. Dire
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3311 on: April 9, 2024, 01:19:40 pm »
Modern cars, mainly the "SUV's" are hideous ugly boxy jelly moulds
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3312 on: April 10, 2024, 04:11:21 pm »
Minder was rubbish.  Arthur wasn’t a loveable rogue, he was an irritating thief.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3313 on: April 10, 2024, 05:03:30 pm »
The Government is manipulating the weather (so I am told)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3314 on: April 10, 2024, 05:06:01 pm »

90% of American Films (Comedies that is) are less funny to us than they are to Americans, a good proportion are not funny in the slightest and are probably what some would call offensive even though I'm not offended that often (I just avoid and switch off before I am)

American Jock humour is crap 

Robin Williams was not a genius.

Jim Carey is shite

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3315 on: April 10, 2024, 06:00:19 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3316 on: April 10, 2024, 06:39:42 pm »
Tepid has some stinking opinions.

Or is that a popular one?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3317 on: April 10, 2024, 06:40:50 pm »

Also a fact, not an opinion.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3318 on: April 10, 2024, 07:16:34 pm »

Tepid's opinions are Tepid... wait, that's for the Mundane thread...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3319 on: April 10, 2024, 10:53:26 pm »
Very proud of having opinions that are genuinely unpopular ;D
W