Author Topic: Anyone got the Classic Liverpool-Newcastle FA Cup final?  (Read 885 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Anyone got the Classic Liverpool-Newcastle FA Cup final?
« on: December 3, 2004, 10:50:23 pm »
Has anyone out there got the classic Final and wants to put up his website, or on Torrent to download?
Thanks...

« Last Edit: May 7, 2024, 10:32:06 am by John C »

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Re: Anyone got the Classis Liverpool-Newcastle FA Cup final?
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2004, 10:52:44 pm »
I've got it but I won't put it up on a website.  It costs £5.99 from play.com if I remember correctly.

Also coming soon to DVD the FA Cup final box set all FA Cup final victories from 1965 to 1989
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2004, 11:09:00 pm »
I've got it but I won't put it up on a website.  It costs £5.99 from play.com if I remember correctly.

Also coming soon to DVD the FA Cup final box set all FA Cup final victories from 1965 to 1989

:( :( :( :(

England is in Region 2, and the US is in Region 1.  I am afraid the DVD won't play in my DVD player. That was why I asked....
Please...???

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2004, 12:05:12 am »
chip your DVD - and the box set is all the FA Cup Finals from 65 to 2001 I believe .... and we should have two copies to give away.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2004, 12:10:35 am »
oh yeah steve so it is, for some reason I thought it didn't include the rest.  Shame I have 3 of the finals already :(
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2004, 06:36:31 pm »
chip your DVD - and the box set is all the FA Cup Finals from 65 to 2001 I believe .... and we should have two copies to give away.

Its not the full match though is it, from the 1965 final?  I believe the reason that this has never been previously released, is because the filming company never kept the entire 120 minutes, and the only footage remaining is a highlights package?

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2024, 04:00:19 pm »
50 years ago today, one of the all time greatest ever FA Cup Final performances as we undress and strip bare Newcastle United

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xFY67LtZn-0

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2024, 05:58:34 pm »
50 years ago today, one of the all time greatest ever FA Cup Final performances as we undress and strip bare Newcastle United

Loved that game, loved the entire day. My first memory of an FA Cup win and it captured me for life.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2024, 06:04:39 pm »
You can clearly hear the ' going for a wank ' bit of show them the way to gome . It must've got going around about then if any arl arses can confirm it.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2024, 09:12:29 pm »
My first trip as a 14-year-old lad to Anfield South.
*Sigh*

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 4, 2024, 11:50:20 pm »
My first trip as a 14-year-old lad to Anfield South.
*Sigh*

Thought it would've been the 1950 one Terry .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 5, 2024, 12:12:24 am »
Thought it would've been the 1950 one Terry .
Spoiler
Twat   ;D
[close]

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 5, 2024, 02:20:05 am »

loved watching that and the post-match interviews on another video, cheers

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #13 on: May 5, 2024, 04:23:22 am »
Here's the full match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiM3anKQqE

I was only as few weeks old at the time of the final, but stories i've heard since, Malcolm McDonald was in the media all that week boasting he was going to tear us a new one, then went missing in the match as we schooled them. ;D

The first half we had more of the play but very few chances, the match opened up in the second half, Alec Lindsay had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside, the ball came off a Newcastle player, Keegan opened up the scoring & the legendary commentary on the 3rd goal

Incidentally Terry Mac was in the Newcastle team that day
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #14 on: May 5, 2024, 09:04:15 am »
^
My overriding memory of that final was (not so) Super Mac and their fans bragging about what he was going to do to us at Wembley. It was barely worth us turning up, according to them. The invisible man had more presence on the day. 😃

I remember being gutted that the fabulous goal by Lindsay was wrongly ruled out. I also recall a fabulous YNWA sung in the game, at the correct pace too. (Edit: just checked. Once at 1 hour 23 in the video and another at 1 hour 35.  :scarf )

It was a comprehensive triumph for us, and somewhat made up for the loss at Wembley a few seasons earlier to Arsenal, which made the 9 year old me cry for the first time over football.

Edit: Just had a watch of it again and although I recall David Coleman uttering the famous " Newcastle were undressed" comment, I'd forgotten the "Keegan two, Heighway one, Liverpool three, Newcastle none" effort. 😃
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 09:28:16 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2024, 10:04:22 am »
Just spoke to me Da about this for any stories but he was stationed in Crossmaglen , South Armargh for this one and watched it the telly. He reckons two of my uncles had no tickets and a rope of red and white scarves was lowered from one of the windows and they got in with a few others.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2024, 10:06:02 am »
Wasn't this the final were we sang Supermac , Superstar  how many goals have you scored so far ? He was apparantly mouthing off in the papers on the Friday.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2024, 11:01:15 am »
First Wembley final for me and first trip on my own to London. Soho on the Saturday night was an eye opener for a 16 year old!

My experience was memorable alright. I'm a Red but lived in Newcastle (still do). I travelled down on a Newcastle football special that left 11.30 pm on the Friday night. It was understandably boisterous. I kept my Liverpool silk scarf discreetly hidden. The return train left Kings Cross at 11.30 on the Saturday night. It was understandably less boisterous. In fairness there was a good camaraderie between the two sets of supporters that day - it's a pity it hasn't endured.

I forged some wonderful friendships that day amongst the Reds fans that I met. Some of them still last to this day and I count them as my best mates.

Little bit of trivia about that day. As part of the pre match entertainment there was a race (4000m?) around the athletic track for invited runners. It was won by Brendan Foster who duly donned a NUFC shirt and did a lap of honour. No one in a NUFC shirt has ever done a lap of honour at Wembley since. This titbit normally gets me thrown out of any parties I'm at on Tyneside when I bring it up.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2024, 12:18:25 pm »

Incidentally Terry Mac was in the Newcastle team that day
As was Alan Kennedy.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: May 5, 2024, 12:28:44 pm »
^
My overriding memory of that final was (not so) Super Mac and their fans bragging about what he was going to do to us at Wembley. It was barely worth us turning up, according to them. The invisible man had more presence on the day. 😃

I remember being gutted that the fabulous goal by Lindsay was wrongly ruled out. I also recall a fabulous YNWA sung in the game, at the correct pace too. (Edit: just checked. Once at 1 hour 23 in the video and another at 1 hour 35.  :scarf )

It was a comprehensive triumph for us, and somewhat made up for the loss at Wembley a few seasons earlier to Arsenal, which made the 9 year old me cry for the first time over football.

Edit: Just had a watch of it again and although I recall David Coleman uttering the famous " Newcastle were undressed" comment, I'd forgotten the "Keegan two, Heighway one, Liverpool three, Newcastle none" effort. 😃
A brilliant YNWA it was too ,sung at a beautiful pace and tempo ,not like the 100 mile an hour race to the finish it’s become these days.
Also check out the very loud and measured “ we love you liverpool we do “ with the whole end singing and bouncing.
Great camera shot of it and of course couple with shanks moving his hands left and right in the pass and move gesture in sync with the crowd singing prompting David Coleman to say “ it’s like he’s conducting the crowd “
It’s at 1-31 mins just after highways goal

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #20 on: May 5, 2024, 12:40:15 pm »
Funnily enough Malcolm McDonald transfered to Arsenal in 1976 [for a strange fee of £333,333.34] he lost in the 78 FA cup final, but never played in the 79 FA cup final [which Arsenal won] due to injury which ended his career, he retired at 29.

#Sausages

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: May 5, 2024, 12:46:22 pm »
A brilliant YNWA it was too ,sung at a beautiful pace and tempo ,not like the 100 mile an hour race to the finish it’s become these days.
Also check out the very loud and measured “ we love you liverpool we do “ with the whole end singing and bouncing.
Great camera shot of it and of course couple with shanks moving his hands left and right in the pass and move gesture in sync with the crowd singing prompting David Coleman to say “ it’s like he’s conducting the crowd “
It’s at 1-31 mins just after highways goal
Apologies,it’s at 1-21 mins in

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2024, 01:50:28 pm »
Wasn't this the final were we sang Supermac , Superstar  how many goals have you scored so far ? He was apparantly mouthing off in the papers on the Friday.

McDonald getting silenced is one of the first LFC stories I remember my old man telling me :)

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2024, 06:10:49 pm »
As was Alan Kennedy.

I think at the end of the match Terry Mac swaps his shirt and is wearing a Liverpool one . A sign of things to come an ' all that.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 5, 2024, 06:13:41 pm »
McDonald getting silenced is one of the first LFC stories I remember my old man telling me :)

Is right . My folks still tell us to this day as if they've never said it before  ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 5, 2024, 09:02:33 pm »
I think at the end of the match Terry Mac swaps his shirt and is wearing a Liverpool one . A sign of things to come an ' all that.
Yes, he swapped it with Phil Thompson.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/2245
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 09:04:57 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 6, 2024, 10:10:18 pm »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2024, 01:13:19 am »
^ imagine the school footy games in Kirkby back then when those 2 were playing with Denis Mortimer too and John Conteh !

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anyone got the Classic Liverpool-Newcastle FA Cup final?
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2024, 11:07:49 am »
^ Mad games. Conteh live in the little courts at the top of our street in Baycliffe Road in the 80's.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi