Author Topic: HJC, ZOE'S PLACE AND CLAIRE HOUSE  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Peter_Evo

• King of the Vegetables (though not salads).
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the Sun. Sullies the memories of the 96
HJC, ZOE'S PLACE AND CLAIRE HOUSE
« on: February 18, 2002, 08:38:18 pm »
I'll be presenting a cheque for £200 to the HJC from the proceeds of "One boy and his Kop" in The Albert after the derby on Saturday. Anybody who feels like donating more will be quite welcome to do so by pressing loads of money into my sweaty palms on the day.

The HJC will be represented on the day by Pete Carney hopefully. Peter has also promised me an HJC presence at the RAOTL v Toffeeweb match at the Academy in the morning (kick off 10:30) complete with their huge red and blue JFT 96 flag. Peter has also graciously agreed to waive the five free copies of the book I'd promised the HJC, in view of the sizeable sum I'm giving them from the proceeds of the book anyway, in order that I might help Zoe's Place Baby Hospice. Here's what I intend to do with those copies:

The copies will be numbered 796 - 800 reflecting the last five copies of the original print run and as such will, hopefully, become collectors items, especially copy 800. I have already had bids in of £150 for copy 800, £100 for copy 799, £100 for copy 798 and £50 for copy 797. Anybody who wants a book on the day though will be able to get one as after the five for Zoe's Place are auctioned I intend, if there are still large bids, to auction another five in aid of Claire House Children's Hospice. Anybody wishing to make a bid please e-mail me at peterevo75@hotmail.com or phone me on 07900030435. I will of course sign the copies of the book after they have been bought in whatever way the buyers wish.

As you may, or may not, be aware Mr. Mohammed Al Fayed is a very keen supporter of Zoe's Place donating not only large sums of money, toys etc but giving up lots of his free time to actually go and visit the babies, parents and staff at the Hospice. I' have written to Mr. Fayed, by means of the good old-fashioned in-the-postbox letter and also e-mailed him, asking if I might be able to meet him at the Fulham game next month. Hopefully I'll have my photo taken with him in which case I'll be selling copies in order to raise more money for Zoe's Place. I'd be extremely grateful to anybody who can help with this.

To see the work Zoe's Place and Claire House do and how desperate both Hospices are for funds please visit their websites at www.zoes-place.org and www.clairehouse.org.co.uk. Graham from Zoe's Place will be present to accept the money raised on their behalf. Hopefully somebody from Claire House will be there too. As with the HJC any other monies will be gratefully accepted by me on the day - money in sweaty palm scenario again.

I will be selling other copies of my book in the Albert for the requisite tenner but should anybody wish to add a few bob to this for any of these worthy causes please feel free to do so. I haven't forgotten the NSPCC either - I'll be doing something for them very shortly.

As you can imagine I haven't got a lot of time on my hands at the mo so I would appreciate any help in getting this story covered by the local, and maybe even the national, media.

Come on, let Hotmail see they can't defeat us. I'm not gonna let them or the snide that reported me deny the HJC or Zoe's Hospice the funds they so desperately need.

Thanks for all your support lately.

Peter Evo.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Liverpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN!

Offline goodwitch

• Boys Pen
  • Done the treble
Re: HJC, ZOE'S PLACE AND CLAIRE HOUSE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2002, 01:45:06 pm »
well in Pete.  See you Saturday! - if not wednesday.  At last, for only the 3rd time this season, The good witch of the kop will be returning to the kop!!  See you at half time   ;D

treble2001

Re: HJC, ZOE'S PLACE AND CLAIRE HOUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2002, 10:03:09 pm »
Nice one Pete