Author Topic: Jack the Ripper - Identity to be Revealed ©  (Read 74236 times)

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
Re: Jack the Ripper - Identity to be Revealed ©
« Reply #400 on: February 3, 2012, 09:57:42 pm »
Just had a look on the casebook site and it shows PC Watkins beat http://www.casebook.org/police_officials/po-edward_watkins.html

Looking at how small the area he patrolled was and that their beats overlapped, if he'd commited the murders, surely he'd of been noticed on the nights by other officers on patrol? Different officers will have seen the Ripper, but not knowing him, they wouldn't link him, but different ones seeing a face they all knew, surely something would of twigged?

At the inquest he testified that this was a 'single' beat, meaning it did not intersect with other police routes.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: February 3, 2012, 10:13:45 pm »
At the inquest he testified that this was a 'single' beat, meaning it did not intersect with other police routes.

Yeah, but for him (or another copper) to have been the Ripper, to perform the murders, he'd of had to move across different beats that would of probably involved intersecting beats. He'd of surely been noticed by other coppers on patrol if he was out and about on his nights off and certainly he would of been noticed if he'd left his beat during work.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #402 on: February 3, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »
What's the thing about Watkins and the doorknob?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #403 on: February 3, 2012, 11:56:39 pm »
All the last few great posts have shown me is that this will never be solved. There are far too many plausible suspects. However my money is on Jon Hall's old man.

He's been dead since 2000 and was only born in 1931, blame someone else's dad ;)

My money`s in Jon Hall. The brasses turned him down and he lost it.

Great thread btw

Yeah it was me, i'll refer you to a year older than what Ms Deane claims she is if she was guilty ;)
« Last Edit: February 4, 2012, 09:33:42 pm by Jonathan Suarez ☆☆☆☆☆ »
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: February 4, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »
Just read through this whole thread, fascinating stuff. Hats off to Wooltonian for his efforts.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #405 on: February 4, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »
Yeah, but for him (or another copper) to have been the Ripper, to perform the murders, he'd of had to move across different beats that would of probably involved intersecting beats. He'd of surely been noticed by other coppers on patrol if he was out and about on his nights off and certainly he would of been noticed if he'd left his beat during work.

They didn't get caught liaising with the local working girls very often either... but Watkins did have form for that - and it was something that wasn't (apparently) uncommon.

The Police force wasn't quite as efficient and clean as you're making out there.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #406 on: February 4, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »
It's also an interesting name for a German. I can't say I've heard it before. It could be an anglicisation of Rieper or Reeper or even Ripp. All the English Ripper surnames would have derived from the job of being a ripper in a mine. Which is why there were alot of Rippers in Cornwall (insert punchline here...)
Johann Ripper seems to be quite a common name in Hesse-Kassel, John Rippers stated birthplace. Anne/Anna seems common for a mother/spouse of any Johann Ripper  :o
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/igi/search_igi.asp
(I entered John Ripper Birth/Christening 1837 Region: Germany State: Hessen)

Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #407 on: February 4, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »
One thing about the John Ripper theory - as others have mentioned, once the name "Jack The Ripper" was known following that letter, surely John Ripper would've had a difficult job slipping off work for a couple of hours to commit murder without one of his co-workers putting two & two together when a body turned up the next day.

Could've done later ones on his nights off, and just used his job as cover if he was stopped & questioned. Maybe he stopped altogether only when he realised he'd made things a bit too obvious with the letter. Any stick he would surely have got about his name he could just laugh off, as someone else has suggested.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: February 5, 2012, 12:11:02 am »
enough of this! what we really want to know is, who the fuck killed tupac?!

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #409 on: February 5, 2012, 12:13:01 am »
I've read through the entire thread now and I think I'm up to speed.

So.....you're saying it WASN'T Ian Holm?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: February 5, 2012, 12:20:53 am »
There's so many different theories out there. I've downloaded and watched a few documentaries on the subject. The most interesting was JTR : The Final Theory. WoolT, have you saw this or heard of the theory presented in this documentary?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #411 on: February 5, 2012, 08:00:37 am »
Ive sat with Karl in the pub as he talks about this and to say he does his research is an understatement. He is thorough to a point of OCD ;) and he has said to me from the start that this is only another theory as it can be neither proven or disproved but you have to admit, its fairly compelling. Dont get him started on much else though please, once he has a theory/idea in his head he is like me and a cat in a locked room.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #412 on: February 5, 2012, 08:55:51 am »
Johann Ripper seems to be quite a common name in Hesse-Kassel, John Rippers stated birthplace. Anne/Anna seems common for a mother/spouse of any Johann Ripper  :o

There seems to be loads, but if you have a good look they are all duplicated.
There is only 2 born in the time frame (1836-9)
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #413 on: February 5, 2012, 10:51:07 am »

He could also have been known as Rippe (German for rib). It's not an uncommon name and the name he's under on the the 1911 census. The added 'r' might have been added by various enumerators and registrars phonetically. Surnames were a moveable feast back then.

Family Search gives a place to start, but you'd need a research trip to Kassel to find out more. Though we bombed the crap out of it in the war and it's likely a fair few civil records went up in flames...
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: February 5, 2012, 11:33:14 am »
Wasn't he connected to the royal family?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #415 on: February 5, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »
There seems to be loads, but if you have a good look they are all duplicated.
There is only 2 born in the time frame (1836-9)
Funnily enough I dont think there is any John/Johann Ripper in Germany,( let alone Hesse-Kassel) on that search site who was actually born in 1837!  ???
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: February 5, 2012, 05:53:30 pm »
He could also have been known as Rippe (German for rib). It's not an uncommon name and the name he's under on the the 1911 census. The added 'r' might have been added by various enumerators and registrars phonetically. Surnames were a moveable feast back then.

Family Search gives a place to start, but you'd need a research trip to Kassel to find out more. Though we bombed the crap out of it in the war and it's likely a fair few civil records went up in flames...
Yeah, posted that a couple of pages back - the city archives with nearly all records were destroyed in the war. HIs birth should have been registered with the church though in those days, and they might still have the original church registers.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #417 on: February 5, 2012, 10:49:27 pm »
On that casebook site, they go about (german/jewish thieves) making candles out of (the body parts of) people to make themselves invisible. They mention a contempary (of the time) case of Ritter and his wife being tried for this. Apart from from Jack The Ripper sites, I cant find any reference to this Ritter case. Anyone got a link?

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2012, 11:25:08 am »
Just thought I should bump this for whomever misses this :)
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2012, 01:20:57 pm »
Forgot all about this great thread, thanks for bumping... however I hear the press are trying to pin this one on Luis Suarez.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »
[
Just thought I should bump this for whomever misses this :)

Thanks for the bump was just thinking about this thread yesterday and was about to
search for it !
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2012, 08:22:24 pm »
Forgot all about this great thread, thanks for bumping... however I hear the press are trying to pin this one on Luis Suarez.

Grow up mate. No one said that, just Evra mentioned it and its probable Suarez did it ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2012, 08:50:54 pm »
...and everyone knows there were at least 10 victims.

Offline Witherkay

• Kopite
« Reply #423 on: March 3, 2012, 10:20:53 pm »
Bump....

....and I see the TV channel 'Yesterday' has got a 'Jack the Ripper' programme due to be shown this coming Wednesday, 9.00pm I think.

Probably will cover alot of old ground, but may be worth a viewing.

Has anyone seen it before?
Yanks, but new Yanks.  Cautiously optimistic.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 3, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
Wish i had a tv :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 4, 2012, 09:38:08 am »
Bump....

....and I see the TV channel 'Yesterday' has got a 'Jack the Ripper' programme due to be shown this coming Wednesday, 9.00pm I think.

Probably will cover alot of old ground, but may be worth a viewing.

Has anyone seen it before?

Looking at a fella from England called Deeming, Australia's first serial killer. Taking DNA from his skull and seeing if they can link it.

http://uktv.co.uk/yesterday/item/aid/650713/displayVideo/hi
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #426 on: April 4, 2012, 03:15:15 pm »
aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd??????????? anything new?

I'm still stuck on it being Chapman

Offline Witherkay

• Kopite
« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »
Bump....any sign of a book yet Woolt?
Yanks, but new Yanks.  Cautiously optimistic.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2012, 11:49:05 pm »
Bump....any sign of a book yet Woolt?

Was thinking the same myself.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2012, 04:18:12 am »
thanks for the bump, it's made my day at work fly by :).  dont know how but i totally missed this thread the first time round.  absolutely brilliant work wool.  the research and effort you must have put into this is truly incredible.  hats off mate.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:30 pm »
if anyone is in the north wales area, there is an event being held by a guy called Trevor Marriott entitled Jack the Ripper- a 21st century investigation....its on may 18th

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2013, 03:34:03 pm »
cant wait to get home and read this whole thread.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »
I find it very difficult to believe that the killer would have been a 'J.Ripper,' but I'm approaching this from a modern mindset and have to align myself with the thought that 19th Century Policing had none of the advantages of forensics or documentation they use today. This is a top thread Wooltonian and you've obviously put a hell of a lot of work into it, well done. Would definitely make a compelling book, and there's enough there that it's definitely a workable theory.

If he was indeed a 'J.Ripper,' what an elegant abstraction that letter was. The simple 'the' placed in between names obscures all notice. Media and public would be so fevered by being able to give the killer a moniker that actually looking at what is in front of them becomes a murmur of little notice. This would further suggest that, as has been stated, the killer was probably of a very high level of intelligence.

Class thread, I've always been intrigued by serial killers and I remember being engrossed and scared in equal amounts when we were told about him when I was about 6 or so.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 17, 2013, 10:56:58 am »
Fantastic thread, Wooltonian hat's off some compelling stuff - I've wasted a full morning at work ;)

Who knows.. I still reckon it was someone important like a copper - why else wont they release the files?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #434 on: March 8, 2014, 08:40:21 pm »
Yeah don't get excited, just bumping it to see if anything new had happened :)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #435 on: March 8, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »
I loved reading this thread when Woolie was going through it!

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: March 9, 2014, 05:36:18 pm »
I was in Hanbury Street yesterday. Long as i'm not now a suspect...

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2014, 11:51:23 am »
Can't believe I never saw this ripper of a thread. Brilliant stuff Karl.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2014, 10:16:12 pm »
Said to Karl last night that I'd re-read his thread.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #439 on: March 12, 2014, 09:46:51 am »
My fiancée took me on one of those Jack the Ripper tours of East London, around Shoreditch and Spitalfields - very interesting! The lady who took the tour works for the MET, and the BBC, researching Jack the Ripper. It was very interesting, she was incredibly knowledgeable on the subject but I got the impression that 'Jack The Ripper' was someone people were almost in awe of, rather than the fact he was a serial killer.

I can't wait to go back and read this thread!

EDIT: I haven't read this thread yet, but my initial reaction from being on the tour was 'Why weren't police officers under suspicion?' I don't know if it has been raised in this thread, but she didn't mention that possibility it could have been someone from the police force.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:49:39 am by Ciara (with a capital "C") »