Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 317072 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HAPPY ASTON VILLA OFFICIAL RELEGATION DAY EVERYONE!
« Reply #1040 on: June 5, 2019, 12:48:29 am »
Looking forward to seeing Jurgens European Champions mullering these mutants

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: July 12, 2019, 10:47:21 am »
Splashing money like there's no tomorrow this lot. Soon be over £100m.

Can't wait for them to do a Fulham.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: July 12, 2019, 10:49:56 am »
A lot of their team last year was on loan. They had to spend a lot to even stand still.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1043 on: July 12, 2019, 11:18:42 am »
Do we believe the rumours that sturridge might go there?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: July 12, 2019, 12:11:16 pm »
Do we believe the rumours that sturridge might go there?

It's the first place I thought of when they got promoted but I think it comes down to which role Sturridge wants to fill in a team. Perhaps it's a toss up between Villa & a team in the MLS?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: July 12, 2019, 03:56:15 pm »
Looking forward to seeing Jurgens European Champions mullering these mutants

We've come a long way since this.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: July 18, 2019, 11:58:53 am »
Drove down the M6 last weekend. Must admit is has been strange over the past few years seeing that stadium and realising Championship football was being played there.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1047 on: July 18, 2019, 12:03:44 pm »
Can't stand Villa fans ( though you could insert any club in there for me)..but always liked Villa away..favourite English ground..Trad four sides which I prefer to bowl...cracking away too plenty of bevvies before game , stop ogf drink on way back and back in town for a sesh.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: July 18, 2019, 12:05:09 pm »
Got a new phone this week and bizzarely it's offering me the villa fan app. Wtf !
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: July 18, 2019, 05:19:29 pm »
Some journalist on twitter earlier saying how the promoted teams are being cautious with their transfer business this summer. Could have sworn Villa had spent about 90m on new players? They're apparently still looking to sign a few more players too, that doesn't seem very cautious to me. They've done exactly what Fulham did, spend money.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1050 on: July 18, 2019, 05:53:41 pm »
Some journalist on twitter earlier saying how the promoted teams are being cautious with their transfer business this summer. Could have sworn Villa had spent about 90m on new players? They're apparently still looking to sign a few more players too, that doesn't seem very cautious to me. They've done exactly what Fulham did, spend money.

The argument I've seen is that they had a number of players on loan and on expiring contracts. But the likes of Ross McCormack and Micah Richards weren't active contributors. Nor does it account for some of the hefty sums. Norwich have signed quite a lot of players too, but many of those are kids. Villa have pretty much bought an entire new defence

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #1051 on: July 18, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »

The difference is they seem to have more of a plan than Fulham did and are getting their business done earlier.

With that being said though, they have spent a lot of money on seemingly average players.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: July 18, 2019, 05:54:57 pm »
The argument I've seen is that they had a number of players on loan and on expiring contracts. But the likes of Ross McCormack and Micah Richards weren't active contributors. Nor does it account for some of the hefty sums. Norwich have signed quite a lot of players too, but many of those are kids. Villa have pretty much bought an entire new defence

Norwich were never going to spend much, it's just not their way anymore. I think they're looking at Burnley as an inspiration but without the absolutely appalling football.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: July 18, 2019, 06:07:31 pm »
Smith looks to be a decent manager. Still think they'll struggle next season.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: July 18, 2019, 06:25:13 pm »
Smith looks to be a decent manager. Still think they'll struggle next season.
Think or pray?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: July 18, 2019, 06:29:01 pm »
I think Villa will be okay, if they can find somebody to score a few goals. Newcastle and Sheffield United are certainties to be relegated in my opinion and I'd say Norwich might find life very difficult. Villa will finish about 14th I reckon.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: July 18, 2019, 07:06:36 pm »
I think Villa will be okay, if they can find somebody to score a few goals. Newcastle and Sheffield United are certainties to be relegated in my opinion and I'd say Norwich might find life very difficult. Villa will finish about 14th I reckon.
I agree, they've been active in the market. Konsa and Mings will do well imo and they will finish above all Newcastle, Sheffield and Norwich. I think Brighton and Sputhampton will struggle as well.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: July 18, 2019, 07:23:28 pm »
No way they'll finish above Norwich, who have a settled team that won the Championship at a canter last year. Villa were far behind and are spending money on players they already had and dross.

Wesley had a one-in-four record in Belgium and is going to be leading the line. Target couldn't get into Southampton's team. Jones is a 21 year old centre back who didn't particularly stand out in the Championship. They might beat the drop but that's a big maybe. Anyone in Southampton's team would stroll into the Villa first eleven, can you say the same the other way round?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: July 18, 2019, 08:09:55 pm »
No way they'll finish above Norwich, who have a settled team that won the Championship at a canter last year. Villa were far behind and are spending money on players they already had and dross.

Wesley had a one-in-four record in Belgium and is going to be leading the line. Target couldn't get into Southampton's team. Jones is a 21 year old centre back who didn't particularly stand out in the Championship. They might beat the drop but that's a big maybe. Anyone in Southampton's team would stroll into the Villa first eleven, can you say the same the other way round?
i disagree but certainly hope you are right, i wouldn't mind them finishing the league with 0 points ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: July 18, 2019, 08:55:46 pm »
i disagree but certainly hope you are right, i wouldn't mind them finishing the league with 0 points ;D

They're up against Newcastle though.  8)

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: July 18, 2019, 09:15:22 pm »
They're up against Newcastle though.  8)
Points deduction for not fielding their strongest team. NB when it is their strongest team.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1061 on: July 18, 2019, 09:39:35 pm »
To be honest Villa Park has always been a good hunting ground for us over the years so I am looking forward to playing these and indeed nailing them.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1062 on: July 19, 2019, 07:00:54 am »
Villa are really going to struggle in my opinion.

They lost a lot of key players in the summer due to loans expiring, so most of their business has been replacing them.

They scrapped through the playoffs with quite a poor side and since then have signed El Ghazi, Mings and Hause permanently (so no improvement), swapped top scorer Abraham with Wesley from Brugge (with him being unknown you’d say that’s even at best) and signed Matt Targett, Konsa from Brentford and Jota from Birmingham. An improvement on Fulham’s ‘sign anyone’ policy but Hardly groundbreaking and after seeing them last season they’re a poor side so can’t see this business changing that

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: July 19, 2019, 01:44:25 pm »
Seems like Purslow has a new club fooled rehabilitated his image

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1151569621926973442

My favourite was everyone's a bullshitter, but I'm not

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: July 19, 2019, 02:33:29 pm »

Wise words from the Fernando Torres of Finance.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: July 19, 2019, 03:52:40 pm »

I’m sure they all love everyone connected to the club at the moment and he knows what to say to get them on side, just look at the Birmingham City comment.  There is some big talk in there though so it will be interesting to see what happens if it doesn’t all go to plan.  Having the attitude of you score 3 then we’ll score 4 is all well and good in the Championship but who have they got that will score those goals in the Premier League?  Wesley from the Belgium league?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: July 19, 2019, 04:03:53 pm »
First Chelsea and now Villa.

Can Purslow go to City after this please?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1067 on: July 19, 2019, 04:32:03 pm »
I think the latin for Purslow is Maximus Belliendi

I am sure one of our educated rawkites can correct me if I am wrong
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: July 19, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »
I think the latin for Purslow is Maximus Belliendi

I am sure one of our educated rawkites can correct me if I am wrong

I looked in a latin dictionary and under Maximus Belliendi I found this

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1069 on: July 20, 2019, 05:38:51 am »

“I am a 55 yr old English football nutter.

“Are we going to emulate another club? We’re going to copy Birmingham City, actually. Seriously though, we don’t have to invent the wheel.

We want players who really want to play for Aston Villa. The glory.

Football is full of bullshitters who say what you want to hear – you know full well, I don’t kick the ball or pick the team.

There was a shortlist of 4/5 candidates, and he got the call and was asked if he was interested, and he said “yeah, tonight” – he was interviewed between 10:30pm and 4:30am – it was a six hour interview, which was well dodgy as it was in my hotel room.

He had me at hello, I think, is the phrase.

Every few lines I had to stop and cringe at Cecil's "man of the common people" thing he's going for.

:puke2
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:07 pm »

Every few lines I had to stop and cringe at Cecil's "man of the common people" thing he's going for.

:puke2

More than a few numpties lapping it up. The warning signs are clear.

His 'I don't pick the team' and 'english football' lines are pretty funny, given how influential he was in bringing about the xenophobic shift that culminated in Hodgson and his shit white english footballers

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: July 22, 2019, 12:47:36 pm »
Did Cecil do something really repulsive  whilst at Liverpool?Or was it more that it was horrible having someone so incompetent in his role?
The quotes in themselves are pretty funny.

Oh and are their markets yet on a) when they'll go back down. b) will they set a new all time points low?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1072 on: July 22, 2019, 01:09:42 pm »
Did Cecil do something really repulsive  whilst at Liverpool?Or was it more that it was horrible having someone so incompetent in his role?
The quotes in themselves are pretty funny.

I think he was brought in to deal with RBS, but quickly got way too involved in the recruitment side. For example, he signed Joe Cole and reportedly had a list of players he gave to Hodgson of players deemed expendable (i.e. Insua)

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: July 22, 2019, 01:15:58 pm »
I think he was brought in to deal with RBS, but quickly got way too involved in the recruitment side. For example, he signed Joe Cole and reportedly had a list of players he gave to Hodgson of players deemed expendable (i.e. Insua)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1074 on: July 22, 2019, 01:20:26 pm »
I seem to recollect some posters suggesting that Purslow was the reason why Benitez was sacked. And that he signed expensive flops upon Hodgson's request despite being vocal in transfers under Benitez.

But again this has been debunked and that he redeemed himself when he sided with Martin Broughton and Ian Ayre to confirm the sale of the club to FSG. He also was the deciding vote after H&G moved to suspend this sale committee after it was found out that the accepting bid from FSG only offered 300m dollars (to RBS??) for the sale of LFC, leaving H&G to eat some humble shit.

He did his job. He gave us FSG when his vote mattered. And he left the club. I am not sure anymore what the animosity is really for. Of course there could be a bigger (and behind the scene) picture to this.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: July 22, 2019, 01:25:01 pm »
He was closely involved with gerrard and carragher, partly explaining how we moved from a European cup winning manager to a manager their pal xenophobia’s Danny Murphy rated. The shithouse waited until Rafa was on a flight on a family holiday to announce his sacking

Carragher got an extremely dodgy contract in the days before the sale.

Yes he made that board vote, but only did that when the tide had turned. Broughton was the one who ‘did his job’, purslow is the one who overstepped and played Brexit Champ Manager with the club

He’s a transparent little weasel. More fool Villa for buying him blowing smoke up their arse for essentially just being an old club
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:27:41 pm by Classycara »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1076 on: July 22, 2019, 01:33:53 pm »
Carragher got an extremely dodgy contract in the days before the sale.

In a traditional (and strictly) business perspective, thats protecting your value by strengthening your investment. Had any of Torres, Carragher or Gerrard left us in the summer of 2010, then the club wasnt worth what it was with them around.

Carragher understood this and used this to... his advantage.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: July 22, 2019, 01:55:11 pm »
In a traditional (and strictly) business perspective, thats protecting your value by strengthening your investment. Had any of Torres, Carragher or Gerrard left us in the summer of 2010, then the club wasnt worth what it was with them around.

Carragher understood this and used this to... his advantage.

I think he had quite a long time left on his contract

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: July 22, 2019, 02:36:59 pm »

Pretty sure Lucas was also on that list. There were times that summer where we thought he had gone. Fiorentina rings a bell?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: July 22, 2019, 03:21:51 pm »
I seem to recollect some posters suggesting that Purslow was the reason why Benitez was sacked. And that he signed expensive flops upon Hodgson's request despite being vocal in transfers under Benitez.

But again this has been debunked and that he redeemed himself when he sided with Martin Broughton and Ian Ayre to confirm the sale of the club to FSG. He also was the deciding vote after H&G moved to suspend this sale committee after it was found out that the accepting bid from FSG only offered 300m dollars (to RBS??) for the sale of LFC, leaving H&G to eat some humble shit.

He did his job. He gave us FSG when his vote mattered. And he left the club. I am not sure anymore what the animosity is really for. Of course there could be a bigger (and behind the scene) picture to this.

Read Brian Reade's book on the situation.  Will give you a better idea of just how Cecil undermined Rafa at the club, and was generally condescending to SoS.

44 months with a pair of cowboys. Yeah he did the  right thing at the end but ultimately he only did the bare minimum of his expected job.  I don't think he was malicious but he did behave like a knob.

Popcorn's Art