Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4165626 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #69440 on: February 21, 2022, 03:39:18 pm »
You ain't the man of the people anymore mate. Silk pajama wearing man now the great Marvelous Marvin Hagler warned us about.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #69441 on: February 21, 2022, 03:42:43 pm »
You ain't the man of the people anymore mate. Silk pajama wearing man now the great Marvelous Marvin Hagler warned us about.
:lmao :boxhead
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #69442 on: February 21, 2022, 06:43:53 pm »
I figured Brook was shot but turns out Khan was even moreso. I'm shocked to see so many people suggesting that Brook could still make a go of it. He needs to retire pronto as he has no business mixing it at the top end anymore. It is a great way to end his career; when for a long time it looked as if his sad capitulation to Crawford would be his last fight. Good on him and I hope he hangs them up now.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69443 on: February 21, 2022, 06:48:03 pm »
I figured Brook was shot but turns out Khan was even moreso. I'm shocked to see so many people suggesting that Brook could still make a go of it. He needs to retire pronto as he has no business mixing it at the top end anymore. It is a great way to end his career; when for a long time it looked as if his sad capitulation to Crawford would be his last fight. Good on him and I hope he hangs them up now.

He will milk one last PPV and then go

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #69444 on: February 21, 2022, 08:18:01 pm »

He’s just had a nice pay day, but he said in his interview that he’s a prize fighter and the money tempts him.

He’s just beaten his bitter rival and should go out in a high, rather than go for another pay day and get battered. He’s had to have his eye sockets reconstructed in the past so you would think he’d put his health and family first and hang up those gloves, a fight now against a serious hitter could end up leaving him with long term damage.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69445 on: February 21, 2022, 08:41:06 pm »
Brook beat Khan in the same way that Khan beat Barrera. Neither of those wins is legit really.

Luckily for Brook though I don't think there's a big payday out there for him. Who is really desperate to get the ghost of Kell Brook on their CV? I suppose they could make a PPV out of a domestic fight with Conor Benn but I'm not sure that's a great idea. I'm a massive skeptic when it comes to Conor Benn but he's got a dig on him and he could do some damage to that eye.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69446 on: February 21, 2022, 08:45:21 pm »
Terrance Crawford saying he loved the support and atmosphere shown to him on his visit to England and he would love to fight over here.  He'd get more fans over here than back in his hometown for fucks sakes.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69447 on: February 21, 2022, 09:42:59 pm »
Terrance Crawford saying he loved the support and atmosphere shown to him on his visit to England and he would love to fight over here.  He'd get more fans over here than back in his hometown for fucks sakes.  ;D
They don't even know who he is in Omaha. Same as Wilder with Tuscaloosa Alabama. Would love for him to batter Sugar Eubank Jr.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #69448 on: February 21, 2022, 10:11:14 pm »
They don't even know who he is in Omaha. Same as Wilder with Tuscaloosa Alabama. Would love for him to batter Sugar Eubank Jr.
He would have to go up three weight classes to fight Ray Eubank Junior, so no hope of that happening. Crawford has already gone up two weight classes in his career and would be about 20-25 pounds lighter than his arrogant bellend of an opponent on fight night.

Brook beat Khan in the same way that Khan beat Barrera. Neither of those wins is legit really.

Luckily for Brook though I don't think there's a big payday out there for him. Who is really desperate to get the ghost of Kell Brook on their CV? I suppose they could make a PPV out of a domestic fight with Conor Benn but I'm not sure that's a great idea. I'm a massive skeptic when it comes to Conor Benn but he's got a dig on him and he could do some damage to that eye.
I'd expect Benn to flatten him to be honest. It is Brook's prerogative of course but I would hope he already has more than enough to retire and enjoy a comfortable life with his health intact.

Much as I dislike Khan, I really hope he stays the fuck out of the ring too. I don't dislike him enough to desire seeing him getting seriously hurt again.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69449 on: February 22, 2022, 09:14:36 am »
Amazing that how many people are signing Whyte Fury is on 23rd April at Wembley. It's FA cup semi final weekend. No chance.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69450 on: February 22, 2022, 11:24:01 am »
Amazing that how many people are signing Whyte Fury is on 23rd April at Wembley. It's FA cup semi final weekend. No chance.

Semi's are 16th April

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #69451 on: February 22, 2022, 11:28:06 am »
FA Cup Semi Final weekend is 16th
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #69452 on: February 23, 2022, 01:39:21 pm »

We do love a domestic dust up here, so there is money in him fighting Conor Benn or Eubank at catch weight. Will be interested to see if Liam Smith puts himself in the frame to fight Brook after his bout with Jessie Vargas.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #69453 on: February 23, 2022, 02:16:51 pm »
My friend knows Catterall well, thinks he's going to get smashed, he's saying its like a Rocky situation heh
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69454 on: February 23, 2022, 07:01:16 pm »
My friend knows Catterall well, thinks he's going to get smashed, he's saying its like a Rocky situation heh
Catterall isn't a bad fighter. Surprised they are that negative. I know Taylor is really good but Catterall has had some good wins.

There is talk that Haney may move up straight away if he doesn't get the Kambosas fight. A Taylor Haney fight would be very good to see before Taylor moves up to Welterweight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69455 on: February 25, 2022, 11:29:22 am »
Fuck Me!  :o

Amir Khan could still activate a rematch clause to fight Kell Brook for a second time.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69456 on: February 25, 2022, 11:36:03 am »

Jesus.  Be like Sideshow Bob stepping on all those rakes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #69457 on: February 25, 2022, 11:53:25 am »

Hopefully means 'could' as in 'there technically is a rematch clause'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69458 on: February 25, 2022, 12:15:17 pm »
Klitschko brothers to take up arms and fight for Ukraine

Feb 25 (Reuters) - Former heavyweight boxing champion Vitali Klitschko said he would take up arms alongside his brother and fellow Hall of Famer Wladimir Klitschko to fight in what is a "bloody war" following Russia's invasion of their country Ukraine.

Russia launched its invasion by land, air and sea on Thursday following a declaration of war by President Vladimir Putin. An estimated 100,000 people have fled as explosions and gunfire rocked major cities. Dozens have been reported killed. read more

Vitali Klitschko, who has been the mayor of Ukraine's capital Kyiv since 2014, said he was ready to fight.

"I don't have another choice, I have to do that. I'll be fighting," the 50-year-old, known as "Dr Ironfist" during his fighting days, told broadcaster ITV's Good Morning Britain.

Vitali Klitschko said Kyiv was under threat and the main priority was to work with police and military forces to support critical infrastructure including the delivery of electricity, gas and water for its citizens.

He added civilians were ready to defend Kyiv as soldiers.

"I believe in Ukraine, I believe in my country and I believe in my people," Vitali Klitschko said.

Former heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko enlisted in Ukraine's reserve army earlier this month, saying that the love for his country compelled him to defend it. read more

"The Ukrainian people are strong. And it will remain true to itself in this terrible ordeal. A people longing for sovereignty and peace. A people who consider the Russian people their brothers," he wrote in a post on LinkedIn on Thursday.

"It knows that they basically do not want this war. The Ukrainian people have chosen democracy.

"But: Democracy is a fragile regime. Democracy cannot defend itself; it needs the will of the citizens, the commitment of everyone. Basically, there is no democracy without democrats."

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/klitschko-brothers-take-up-arms-fight-ukraine-2022-02-25/

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69459 on: February 25, 2022, 06:46:19 pm »
Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium, on the 23rd April.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69460 on: February 25, 2022, 11:26:32 pm »
Canelo Alvarez vs Dmitry Bivol announced for May 7th.  For  the WBA Light Heavyweight title.

Gennady Golovkin also finalising a deal to face Canelo Alvarez in a trilogy fight on September 17th - assuming Canelo beats Bivol and GGG beats Ryota Murata. [@MikeCoppinger]

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69461 on: February 26, 2022, 08:30:42 pm »
Who’s this, the Scottish Butterbean

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69462 on: February 26, 2022, 08:31:42 pm »
Who’s this, the Scottish Butterbean

He's there for a night out isn't he  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69463 on: February 26, 2022, 08:34:19 pm »

He's there for a night out isn't he  ;D
Refs made him put some sticky tape on his trunks.

It’s alright ref I don’t think they’re slipping down

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #69464 on: February 26, 2022, 08:42:40 pm »
Right plumbers fight this

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69465 on: February 26, 2022, 08:45:45 pm »
Jesus wept, its like a 2am fight outside the kebab shop.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69466 on: February 26, 2022, 08:47:05 pm »
;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69467 on: February 26, 2022, 08:50:08 pm »
It's Homer Simpsons round now.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69468 on: February 26, 2022, 08:57:34 pm »
Ha. What a round this is

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69469 on: February 26, 2022, 08:58:20 pm »
Fair play lads. That was good stuff

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69470 on: February 26, 2022, 09:00:48 pm »
Should be stopped this

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69471 on: February 26, 2022, 09:01:51 pm »
Finally put him out of misery

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69472 on: February 26, 2022, 09:03:43 pm »
Plenty of heart, just lacking quality. Campbell best of two very average fighters.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69473 on: February 26, 2022, 09:07:05 pm »
Sky pundits shitting all over that fight

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69474 on: February 26, 2022, 09:20:26 pm »

Don;t diss the Kebab Shop.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69475 on: February 26, 2022, 09:50:14 pm »
Main event coming up.

I expect an easy Taylor win.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69476 on: February 26, 2022, 09:55:46 pm »
Looking forward to seeing Taylor

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69477 on: February 26, 2022, 10:10:22 pm »
Decent start by Catterall to be fair.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69478 on: February 26, 2022, 10:11:42 pm »
Decent start by Catterall to be fair.
What’s he doing grabbing his leg there

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69479 on: February 26, 2022, 10:14:35 pm »
What’s he doing grabbing his leg there

Maybe he's a legs man mate. We all have our fetishes.   ;D