Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2  (Read 12538 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2022, 09:53:58 pm »
CO-OP is decent. A good way to level some weapons as you come across different ones. You use the backpack as well which you'll also make use of in DMZ and WZ2 but it just doesn't feel intuitive which is the common theme around this year's UI, I just don't understand why it's so clunky. I managed to level the spr and I think that's going to be a nice weapon if we get a rebirth type map.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2022, 08:35:45 am »
Have to say I just don’t think Ground War works on these games (hated it in 2019 too), can’t place my finger on why though. TTK being too fast maybe, or the overpowered vehicles?

Shame really, as it’s basically just Conquest, which will always be my favourite FPS mode.
AHA!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2022, 11:52:03 am »
I really like the border crossing map, but it needs objectives like Dom or Hardpoint to get people moving.

I can't imagine TDM with people just sitting at either end.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2022, 11:56:24 am »
That SPR is everywhere, also no sniper glint without a scope and it's accurate as fuck. Constantly getting taken down with it, 1 hit kill to the chest it seems.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2022, 01:17:55 pm »
The Kastov 762 is the only gun I can remotely hold my own with.  Really digging it so far although it is lacking content wise, then again it is ‘pre-season’ or whatever they want to call it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2022, 02:22:11 pm »
That SPR is everywhere, also no sniper glint without a scope and it's accurate as fuck. Constantly getting taken down with it, 1 hit kill to the chest it seems.
Yeah just like MW1 it's the most tryhard noobiest gun in the game, fucking hated people who abused that gun and it's happening again.

It's like a shotgun with the most insane range, and the laser that you unlock for it gives it the most insane ADS according to my friend who only uses Marksman and Sniper rifles, he's been getting 50-70 kills on Hardpoint with it and says it's better than the MW1 version.

It will be getting a nerf, needs it's ADS slowing down a lot with that laser, and needs more gun sway, far to accurate for insta kills in close range.

The Kastov 762 is the only gun I can remotely hold my own with.  Really digging it so far although it is lacking content wise, then again it is ‘pre-season’ or whatever they want to call it.
Kastov is my favourite gun as well, i always loved the AK-47's in CoD, they just hit hard.

You should try the TAQ-56 (Scar) as well, just as good with less recoil than the Kastov and is the best sounding AR.

M4, Kastov and TAQ are the Meta AR's so far.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 02:26:10 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2022, 02:24:05 pm »
I've found the TAQ a little inconsistent, sometimes takes half a mag to drop someone, sometimes it' doesn't.

I have come from getting the M4 gold and this doesn't feel as good.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2022, 02:24:39 pm »
Yeah just like MW1 it's the most tryhard noobiest gun in the game, fucking hated people who abused that gun and it's happening again.

I never played MW2019 but it reminds me of the shotgun with slug pellets in Black Ops 2.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 1, 2022, 01:26:21 pm »
I'm in love with the RAAL!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 2, 2022, 09:43:08 am »
So it's becoming apparent that the vault edition of the game which was supposed to give you a load of double xp tokens only works if you bought the game through the Call Of Duty in game store. So when you are in the game whether it's Vanguard, Black Ops, MW or the standalone Warzone and you can access the store from within that...well that's the catch, if you pre ordered outside of that through Xbox store, PS store, battle net etc then a lot of people didn't get these benefits.

So fucking shady from Activision, it's really dissapointing that Cyberpunk got panned (deservedly) for being broke but this game is also broke for many people and nothing happens. IW or Activision don't even communicate anything.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 2, 2022, 03:04:10 pm »
Best launch for a CoD game in history, $800 million in 3 days. :o

Crazy.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 2, 2022, 07:42:08 pm »
I'm in love with the RAAL!

It’s fantastic on that Sicario border type map.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 2, 2022, 08:14:20 pm »
Raal was my go to gun on Shipment on MW2019.

Just mount on a barrel and head glitch, chest or headshots galore.

The UI is getting a overhaul according to Fazejev, not sure why they came up with that confusing pile of shit in the first place.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 3, 2022, 07:46:14 am »
So it's becoming apparent that the vault edition of the game which was supposed to give you a load of double xp tokens only works if you bought the game through the Call Of Duty in game store. So when you are in the game whether it's Vanguard, Black Ops, MW or the standalone Warzone and you can access the store from within that...well that's the catch, if you pre ordered outside of that through Xbox store, PS store, battle net etc then a lot of people didn't get these benefits.

So fucking shady from Activision, it's really dissapointing that Cyberpunk got panned (deservedly) for being broke but this game is also broke for many people and nothing happens. IW or Activision don't even communicate anything.

I was wondering about this. I bought it originally through the in game store - however, I then discovered that instead of taking payment there and then - I got charged a few days before release. As the card I'd originally used had expired, I had to re-order only this time through the MS store. I've got the Vault edition gun camos/blueprints - but did notice a distinct lack of double XP tokens etc

Be interested to see if i get the battlepass skips - gonna go complain on twitter - that usually gets them to do seomthing
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 3, 2022, 01:23:04 pm »
Levelled and golded the the FSS Hurricane, the range on it is stupid. :D

Going to level up the P90 next.

I wish the map rotation would be better, seems i keep playing the same 5 maps all the time this week.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 3, 2022, 01:52:09 pm »
Levelled and golded the the FSS Hurricane, the range on it is stupid. :D

Going to level up the P90 next.

I wish the map rotation would be better, seems i keep playing the same 5 maps all the time this week.

That and I reckon three of the maps are really similar.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 3, 2022, 02:02:29 pm »
Best launch for a CoD game in history, $800 million in 3 days. :o

Crazy.

And people wonder why Sony are kicking up a fuss over Microsoft owning it  ;D

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #137 on: November 3, 2022, 02:36:20 pm »

Of the scummy behaviours that these developers have pulled over the years (and there's many) this is disgusting.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #138 on: November 3, 2022, 05:09:19 pm »
i think i've read somewhere that the "perks" of the vault edition will be available once they release Warzone 2, and if not i will ask for a refund. Pricks  :wanker

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #139 on: November 4, 2022, 04:46:54 pm »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 5, 2022, 01:21:27 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QrMHbMAFRkE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QrMHbMAFRkE</a>

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 5, 2022, 09:12:55 pm »
Looks like they've buffed aim assist on console and removed the ability to disable crossplay on PC for absolutely no reason.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 5, 2022, 09:24:40 pm »
Not only that but the "bug" that was in MW2019 where stun grenades affect keyboard + mouse players significantly more than controller players is in MW II as well.

I wish I'd known about this before I played through the campaign but I doubt I'll be able to refund this pile of shit now.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 6, 2022, 03:50:40 am »
Meh, I’m really enjoying it. I’m not very good, but it’s a fun way to waste a couple of hours.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #144 on: November 6, 2022, 08:32:25 pm »
Installed this last week but I've been away and not been able to play it yet, going to get on it tomorrow evening what gun does everyone recommend using ?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 6, 2022, 08:36:21 pm »
Installed this last week but I've been away and not been able to play it yet, going to get on it tomorrow evening what gun does everyone recommend using ?

Well this year unlocking guns work a little differently. You don't just unlock guns by levelling up but by using guns across the same platforms and some attachments are tied to certain guns, meaning you'll have to use some guns you might not really want to, in order to unlock an attachment for your preferred weapon.

I'd personally use/level the M4, then the Lachmann762 (it's shit but you'll unlock the lachmann556 (AR) and the SMG variant) Also the SPR is OP and the RAAL is a good LMG to use.

Bare in mind most attachments you use will more than likely effect your ads time negatively as they add weight, so only use attachments you're sure are going to give you an advantage. The M4 for example doesn't really need an optic imo as it has good iron sights anyway
« Last Edit: November 6, 2022, 08:38:28 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 6, 2022, 08:56:41 pm »
 ;D

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2022, 06:51:07 am »
Watched some of the DMZ gameplay reveal last night and I must say it looks fuckin boring

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2022, 07:45:48 am »
Yeah I don't think I'll be playing much of that unless it's useful for some xp levelling.

I haven't played Escape from Tarkov but I've watched videos and there's a suspense the player gets from engaging and potentially gaining or losing high value loot. Just didn't seem to get that from the players playing DMZ, also there's lots of indoor sections on Tarkov, almost turns into a horror shooter like Metro or something and there's none of that in DMZ. Just took the Al Mazrah map and added a couple of objectives to loot, plus COD is played so much quicker than Tarkov (even by MW2 standards) it just breaks the whole immersive on edge gameplay you should be getting if you are going for that vibe.

Warzone 2 looks alright, There's a bit too much brown for me though, everything is brown, I know Verdansk was grey but you at least had farmland and quarry. I'll have to play it for myself I guess
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:47:19 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2022, 08:58:27 am »
Fuck yeah Shoothouse and Shipment are back on the 16th, Shoot The Ship moshpit will be back sooner than I thought.

Shoothouse  I could play for hours and not get bored, perfect map, loved it when it was Shoothouse 24/7 moshpit to play it all the time, Shipment is great for levelling guns and camos super quick and just having stupid fun not caring how many times you die.

3rd person mode on Warzone 2 sounds interesting though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 09:15:38 am by RedSince86 »

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2022, 06:20:18 pm »
Yeah I don't think I'll be playing much of that unless it's useful for some xp levelling.

I haven't played Escape from Tarkov but I've watched videos and there's a suspense the player gets from engaging and potentially gaining or losing high value loot. Just didn't seem to get that from the players playing DMZ, also there's lots of indoor sections on Tarkov, almost turns into a horror shooter like Metro or something and there's none of that in DMZ. Just took the Al Mazrah map and added a couple of objectives to loot, plus COD is played so much quicker than Tarkov (even by MW2 standards) it just breaks the whole immersive on edge gameplay you should be getting if you are going for that vibe.

Warzone 2 looks alright, There's a bit too much brown for me though, everything is brown, I know Verdansk was grey but you at least had farmland and quarry. I'll have to play it for myself I guess

It's got its issues but I fucking love Tarkov. I've played it for thousands of hours and you're right, there's a ton of suspense to it, some of the best matches are the ones where you don't even end up getting much loot out, you just get maimed in a fight early on and have to battle through to the extract. There's also a ton of stuff to loot in it so you're always looking to fill your stash with all kinds of shit, from kitted rifles to nuts and bolts.

DMZ looks like a slightly more polished version of Hazard Zone, the failed Battlefield attempt at mimicking Tarkov. I think game companies are trying to boil down the Tarkov formula to something very basic that they can pump out their own interpretation with minimal time invested, since that approach worked really well for BR games. The problem is you can't really strip Tarkov down like that, it has so much going on and it all works together to create something truly unique, if you try to make a more casual version of it you just miss the point.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2022, 08:05:44 am »
Has anyone who was waiting for their missed XP tokens from the Vault edition got them yet?

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2022, 08:10:34 am »
Has anyone who was waiting for their missed XP tokens from the Vault edition got them yet?

I got 10 of each last week. I will be fuming if they fuck up my battlepass tier skips

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2022, 08:16:31 am »
I got 10 of each last week. I will be fuming if they fuck up my battlepass tier skips

Stupid question - for MW2 or for Warzone/Vanguard/Cold War etc?

How do you know if you have them?

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2022, 09:46:47 am »
Today is the day....

68GB update installing as I left this morning!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2022, 02:05:44 pm »
I'm pumped for this DMZ.

The M13 is unlocked by killing the chemist and picking up his gun, what a stupid unlock.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2022, 02:36:52 pm »
Another update!!

44GB! :no

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2022, 02:55:04 pm »
Battlepass is weird

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2022, 02:57:39 pm »
People are playing the game already.

I have 95 mins left to download.

Battle pass is strange, saw the video last night, so strange why a simple thing needs to be complicated now.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2022, 03:29:38 pm »
So you can see your K/D ratio now, mine is hovering just above 1.1 which is better than I expected.  Shoot house plays pretty well, albeit a bit cluttered.