Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 115527 times)

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #480 on: February 7, 2014, 03:36:56 pm »

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: February 7, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »
Honestly, it is one of the worst red card mistakes I've seen for a while.  If decisions like that don't get overturned, then none will.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #482 on: February 7, 2014, 03:45:12 pm »
You can see why he sent him off.  It's unlucky but Carroll is trying the clever he ran into my arm trick.  Players try that all the time but Carroll's been pulled up for it.  It's like the shirt pulling in the box.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: February 7, 2014, 03:56:29 pm »
He knew exactly where Chico was the only thing he didnt know that Chico would be stooped down abit! Otherwise it sould have caught him straight in the face. Cant remember which ref it was on the radio last night but he said they were instructed to check if the player closed his fist at all as an indication of intent in situations like this.

The look on Carrolls face stitches him right up as he sees Webb right there!  :lmao

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #484 on: February 7, 2014, 03:59:13 pm »
He wouldnt have even been booked if it hadnt have been for the embarrassing actions of that cheating shithouse.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #485 on: February 7, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »
The look on Carrolls face stitches him right up as he sees Webb right there!  :lmao

eh?...the look on Carrolls face says to me 'fuck sake ref are you goanner send that dirty c*nt off or what'
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #486 on: February 7, 2014, 04:47:16 pm »
Breaking on the BBC, this has been upheld by the tribunal

Presumably now we go directly to the UN Council on Genocide ?
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: February 7, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »
I thought it was a red card really. He has no need to swing his arm.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: February 7, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »
eh?...the look on Carrolls face says to me 'fuck sake ref are you goanner send that dirty c*nt off or what'

Or it says "hope the ref didn't see me do that.....awww fuck he did"

Deserved red - if you hit someone by accident your first reaction is to look where you hit and apologise, you don't glare at the ref hoping he missed it.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: February 7, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »
I thought it was a red card really. He has no need to swing his arm.

I agree. Thought it was a red first time I seen it. Why swing your arm round like that? Absolutely no need at all. It's not a natural movement, and I think he clearly knew Chico would be there.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #490 on: February 7, 2014, 05:09:15 pm »
I don't think there was any intent to catch him with an elbow, really just a swipe to get him off.  I don't know but in my opinion it was an error by the referee.

Having said that it'll be farcical if it's overturned by the tribunal!

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: February 7, 2014, 05:14:32 pm »
West Ham: "We're going to take this to court. Get this ridiculous decision overturned through legal means".

FA: "Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Steady there. How about you agree not to do that and we get some people look at it again?"

West Ham: "Well OK, then, we don't want to start a fight".

FA: "So, agreed then? No legal action and we look again?"

West Ham: "Yes".

FA: "Great. Upheld. Bye bye".
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #492 on: February 7, 2014, 05:40:58 pm »
ridiculous, but not unexpected result with the appeal....they should just put it behind them now and use it to galvanize their season - the seige mentality may actually do them some good......but the moral is dont try and take on Webb and the FA, particularly in a World Cup year.

One more thing though... if that was Jordan Henderson facing a 3 match ban for trying to fling Flores off his back after being clattered in the face and gripped in a headlock - this place would've positively melted under the outrage, the filth and the fury...

such is the mentality of the football fan.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #493 on: February 7, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »
ridiculous, but not unexpected result with the appeal....they should just put it behind them now and use it to galvanize their season - the seige mentality may actually do them some good......but the moral is dont try and take on Webb and the FA, particularly in a World Cup year.

One more thing though... if that was Jordan Henderson facing a 3 match ban for trying to fling Flores off his back after being clattered in the face and gripped in a headlock - this place would've positively melted under the outrage, the filth and the fury...

Yup. Imagine Fellaini doing the Flores and Sturridge doing the Carroll. >:(

Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: February 7, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »

I guess the good thing to come out of this is that the FA appeals committee may think twice before they uphold weak decisions to protect referees.

Carroll was a bit unlucky here but there could be worse ones down the line and they need to be accountable.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #495 on: February 7, 2014, 05:52:55 pm »
Yup. Imagine Fellaini doing the Flores and Sturridge doing the Carroll. >:(

if Fellaini's playing in the game at Old Trafford, I don't think you'll have to imagine it..

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #496 on: February 7, 2014, 05:57:41 pm »
I don't think there was any intent to catch him with an elbow, really just a swipe to get him off.  I don't know but in my opinion it was an error by the referee.

Having said that it'll be farcical if it's overturned by the tribunal!

Still a red card.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Hollywood Balls

• Pine Wood Cock
  • Kopite
  • "Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville."
« Reply #497 on: February 7, 2014, 06:18:28 pm »
Can't believe the stupidity of Fat Sam. I'm sure I just heard on the radio (though I'm willing to concede it wasn't the whole interview) words to the effect of:

"I'm disappointed with the outcome of the appeal - you know it's easy for them to hide behind the rules and regulations here."

what the fuck did he think they would decide apart from applying the rules as rigorously as they could?

Absolute embarrassment of a manager.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts: CAN'T LOSE!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #498 on: February 7, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »
Regardless of Carroll strange how Flores just gets to carry on regardless. Outside football minor fraud gets you a conviction or job loss, cheating like this has the potential to cost other businesses millions but is disregarded when the evidence is overwhelming. The FA rules are pathetic and inflexible. No-one can act because there is no rule for cheating, the 'man' is an embarrassment.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #499 on: February 7, 2014, 09:15:18 pm »
Regardless of Carroll strange how Flores just gets to carry on regardless. Outside football minor fraud gets you a conviction or job loss, cheating like this has the potential to cost other businesses millions but is disregarded when the evidence is overwhelming. The FA rules are pathetic and inflexible. No-one can act because there is no rule for cheating, the 'man' is an embarrassment.

thats the annoying thing...this footage has been put under the proverbial jewelers eyepiece, scrutinised, analysed and studied in depth by 2 separate panels...and at no stage has it occurred to any them that Flores is deserving of some sort of reprimand - despite the fact that he both instigated the incident by assaulting Carroll and escalated it with the deeply embarrassing and incredibly obvious play acting.....the FA could have used this incident as a golden opportunity to make a statement about cheating bastards in the Premier League....as usual they take the easy route.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: February 7, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
The FA rules are pathetic and inflexible. No-one can act because there is no rule for cheating, the 'man' is an embarrassment.

You'd think that the suitably generic bringing the game into disrepute could be applied to such cheating.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: February 7, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »
I really don't get what Flores did so bad other than the exaggeration of the contact. He jumped for the ball, Carroll got caught under him, bit of a tangle as gravity played its part. Routine incident. If you think there was intent from him but no intent from Carroll... I don't get that.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #502 on: February 7, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »
I thought it was a red card too. He swung his arm around with force expecting to catch him in the midriff or back, depending on what way he was facing, but wasn't expecting him to be stooping so low.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: February 7, 2014, 11:57:27 pm »
I really don't get what Flores did so bad other than the exaggeration of the contact. He jumped for the ball, Carroll got caught under him, bit of a tangle as gravity played its part. Routine incident. If you think there was intent from him but no intent from Carroll... I don't get that.

Exaggeration of the contact!  He touched his pony tail and he went down clutching his face like he'd been shot. Why on earth do you not get why this is such shite.

I know it's not new but I'm sick of people giving referees grief for incompetence (which does exist, Webb as case in point) when players act like 4 year olds in order to gain advantage, it will kill the game its not controlled. Watching football will become like watching bad WWF, just imagine a premier league with 20*11 Chico Flores's and how great that would be to watch, writhing round after every physical contact.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: February 8, 2014, 12:21:27 am »
You don't want people to go down like a fart after you've hit them in a football game - you don't hit them. That wasn't even my point though, I don't really care if you have a problem with that, I'm saying I don't see why people have an issue with what he's done before it. Seen people saying he had Carroll in a headlock and all that  :o

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: February 8, 2014, 12:25:38 am »
For me it's akin to the Beckham sending off in '98 (and no doubt a lot more). The fact the lad has gone down like he's shot doesn't escape the fact that the act of petulance that gave him the excuse to was correctly punished.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: February 8, 2014, 12:42:41 am »
Perhaps we want different things from the game, I was raised watching players like Callaghan and Smith etc who would be appalled by this sort of stuff, ignoring Carroll, players like Flores will kill the game, they do this when there is no intent as well so how is that justified?. Presumably we intend to have game in which some physical contact is allowed.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: February 8, 2014, 12:55:29 am »
You don't want people to go down like a fart after you've hit them in a football game
farts are usually warm, and therefore, go up
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: February 8, 2014, 01:06:07 am »
Perhaps we want different things from the game, I was raised watching players like Callaghan and Smith etc who would be appalled by this sort of stuff, ignoring Carroll, players like Flores will kill the game, they do this when there is no intent as well so how is that justified?. Presumably we intend to have game in which some physical contact is allowed.

It's the same as punishing diving though, as soon as you do it you open up a huge can of worms
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: February 8, 2014, 01:27:40 am »
The whole incident carries a set of bemusing factors:-
1. Flores goes in heavy and physically niggles Carroll with his arms and body which has little coverage or mention on TV.
2. Carroll actually digs him with his right hand as the tangle loosens with zero TV coverage.
3. Although some people claim Carroll was regaining his balance causing his arm to swing, its untrue, Andy purposely throws an arm, not an elbow, around to catch Flores in anger. His actions glance Flores across the forehead - innocuous but unacceptable
4. Flores reacts inexplicably, like he's been violently assaulted across his kipper with a sledge hammer. He rolls around like an absolute c*nt which in retrospect deserves a physical action in which he supposedly enacted.
5. The nobhead clutz on the scene, Howard twat Webb, doesn't diffuse the situation like is often the case to just issue two yellows. No, he sends Andy off.
6. Once the red is shown, there is no way on this planet, just like I said as we were all watching the game together, that the red will be rescinded. It’s absolutely impossible for any board to do that if you study the footage.
7. Flores, the sorry state for a human never mind a man, defends his actions and goes unpunished. He picks up £1000’s a week when he should be sent to Afghanistan with the soldiers that earn less than his salary in 5 years to see what pain and suffering is. I’d give the shit house a glance with a fucking bat to enable him to establish the difference.
8. West Ham waste everyone’s time and give the media hours and columns of discussion by appealing. Pathetic. It happened and it was irreversible.

That’s football, penetrated by nobheads. Oh wait …. At least 30 years ago they’d have the decency to raise their fists and smack a twat they didn’t like.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: February 8, 2014, 02:24:00 am »
He picks up £1000’s a week when he should be sent to Afghanistan with the soldiers that earn less than his salary in 5 years to see what pain and suffering is.

This is such a lame point that's always raised. It's about getting an advantage in the game, not being soft.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #511 on: February 8, 2014, 10:50:19 am »
This is such a lame point that's always raised. It's about getting an advantage in the game, not being soft.

It's about getting an advantage in the game - by feigning pain and suffering.....it's the opposite of a lame point

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #512 on: February 8, 2014, 11:15:59 am »
I think it's just reaction or plea to Webb. Very harsh red card.

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following seven offences:
1. is guilty of serious foul play
2. is guilty of violent conduct
3. spits at an opponent or any other person
4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
5. denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
6. uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
7. receives a second caution in the same match
A player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

I guess the immediate debate is around number 2. I struggle to see violent conduct in that. It's a lazy swing of the arm. It's not a roundhouse elbow or punch. He can't even see Flores.

He did see Webb as Flores comes over him and it looks like one of those where you loosely swing your arms to say 'C'mon ref.....what the fuck is going on here'. Unfortunately Flores has carried on playing and made a run for the ball and just sort of been caught.

As it's Webb I'm guessing there were numerous times he had to stamp this shite out before and he didn't take them therefore putting massive pressure on himself. As an aside did Flores go off with it being a head injury?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: February 8, 2014, 11:46:05 am »
He meant that. Red is slightly harsh but not court of arbitration harsh

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2014, 10:23:28 pm »
He's back. :)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: March 3, 2014, 09:26:48 am »
Ouch...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 5, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »
Carra's article was a good read on why he didn't make it here (and maybe why he'll find it hard to ever be a top quality player)

(snip) Unfortunately, though, Liverpool’s decision to pay £35million was a big mistake and it never did Andy any favours. He started well, with two goals against Manchester City on his first start, but it quickly became apparent he wasn’t the right fit for the club.

In training, he’d complain if the ball was not flung into the box — and I don’t mean from out wide. He wanted the ball to come in to him from close to the halfway line, but at Liverpool that was never going to happen.

There were other things. He found the intensity of playing three games every week difficult.

Before he might have been used to getting himself right for a match on a Saturday, then spending time socially with his mates — as we all did when we were young — but  at Liverpool the training and  professional demands are relentless.

He would very rarely complete a full week on the training field at Melwood and, eventually, that takes a toll. If you aren’t fully conditioned, you are susceptible to injuries and Andy suffered his fair share.

---

Three of his last four seasons have been ruined by injury and he doesn’t want to be remembered for his fitness record. He is 25 and to get to the highest levels again, he has to realise the importance of looking after himself. Should Andy do that, he’ll have every chance of becoming a true No 9.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2597339/JAMIE-CARRAGHER-We-thought-Andy-Carroll-Liverpools-Didier-Drogba-35m-price-tag-gave-no-chance.html

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: April 6, 2014, 06:05:08 am »
Confirming all the suspicions that we had.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 6, 2014, 10:15:04 am »
Confirming all the suspicions that we had.
Nothing's changed and knocking round with Nolan doesn't help that.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: April 6, 2014, 10:35:23 am »
i think he is a good official just not when we play them, he becomes a cheat.

i like how much west ham challenge this, a player or manager is hauled over the coals if they fuck up but if a referee costs a team the game they are never hauled on to tv to explain. its swept under the carpet and forgotten a few days later.

its a difficult job for referees, again it makes a case for video refereeing.

I think he's really poor. A huge homer and unwilling to make big decisions, particularly early in matches. He's petulant to the players like the archetypical cop lording his power over someone. Completely overrated because he looks physically imposing. IMO he's half the referee of Mike Dean.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.