Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester United (FA Cup) Sunday 17th  (Read 16876 times)

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United (FA Cup) Sunday 17th
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2024, 02:22:32 pm »
No point thinking of a semifinal v Coventry, Chelsea are going to get them before they lose their 7th final in a row.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2024, 02:23:31 pm »
Knobhead here wrote the post he'd committed to doing but went to bed with it still in a Word document rather than posted to RAWK ;D

Manchester United vs Liverpool

15:30, Sunday 17th March
Old Trafford, Trafford
FA Cup Quarter Final
Referee: John Brooks

Liverpool make their first of two visits to Old Trafford within a matter of weeks this weekend, as Manchester United host an FA Cup Quarter Final match that brings together the nation’s greatest footballing rivals. Erik ten Hag’s side beat Nottingham Forest three weeks ago to progress to this stage of the competition, but lost their league games either side of that fixture (home to Fulham and away to Manchester City) before beating Everton last weekend. Jürgen Klopp’s side beat Southampton in the Fifth Round, prior to which they won the League Cup before league matches that saw them beat Nottingham Forest away from home and draw with Manchester City at Anfield – that latter fixture sandwiched between legs of a Europa League tie with Sparta Prague that was resolved 11-2 in Liverpool’s favour. Form and – frankly – quality should make the Reds favourites to claim victory over their famous rivals, but United’s schedule has been lighter and this fixture represents an opportunity both to keep their trophy hopes alive & to diminish the silverware aspirations of their visitors.

The sides last met in mid-December, playing out a goalless draw at Anfield, whilst their previous FA Cup meeting was a Fourth Round tie at Old Trafford three years ago – Mohamed Salah scored a goal in each half, but goals from Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford, and Bruno Fernandes secured a 3-2 victory for the home side (they progressed through the following round with a victory over West Ham United before being knocked out at the Quarter Final stage). This weekend’s fixture is the fifteenth time the clubs have been drawn together in the competition, with twelve-time winners United getting the better of eight-time winners Liverpool on ten occasions – the 1990’s meetings offering particularly painful memories for supporters of the Reds.

Erik ten Hag’s side enjoyed a straightforward run to the Fifth Round, courtesy of away wins against Wigan Athletic and Newport County, but found their trip to Forest’s City Ground more challenging – the tie was settled by an 89th-minute Casemiro winner. Jürgen Klopp’s side fought hard away to emerging rivals Arsenal before two late goals secured a 2-0 victory, whilst his side’s youngsters have represented the club well in subsequent home victories against Championship sides Norwich City & Southampton.

There’s an air of change around both clubs at the moment, albeit with the prevailing moods around the clubs feeling very different. Manchester United have recently secured 25% investment from INEOS owner Jim Ratcliffe, who’s group will take control of football operations from long-term owners, the Glazers. United’s supporters enjoyed great success through the 1990s and ‘00’s, but have mainly languished around the Champions League qualification positions since Alex Ferguson’s departure in 2012. Erik ten Hag arrived amidst encouragement two years ago, but little has really changed in regard to the club’s realistic ambitions and his position – and the sustainability of the wider footballing operation as it has existed for many years now – looks increasingly untenable. The process of change is already well-underway for their Anfield rivals too, with Michael Edwards returning to the FSG Group fold – his position differs to the one he previously held at Liverpool, but offers some reassurance as the club embark on the final months of Jürgen Klopp’s time as manager.

Both Manchester United and Liverpool have struggled with relatively high numbers of injuries throughout this season, though both have seen this ease over recent weeks. Erik ten Hag will have observed Liverpool’s free-scoring habits over their matches against Sparta Prague over the last week or so, and may be tempted to use similarly stifling tactics as those observed at the City of Manchester Stadium recently – albeit to no avail, as their city rivals came from behind to win 3-1. Jurgen Klopp’s squad has been transformed by the performances of youngsters who’ve been involved due to necessity during recent months – Jarrell Quansah and Connor Bradley join Caoimhín Kelleher in looking like they’ve been in the first-team for years, whilst Bobby Clark, James McConnell, and Jayden Danns have also contributed positively recently. Liverpool have already won the League Cup and supporters still have hopes of seeing their side lift the FA Cup, Europa League, and Premier League trophies during the final days of Jürgen Klopp’s tenure – on the verge of an international break and with players returning from injury, a combination of senior stars and promising youngers will be trusted to overcome the next hurdle on Sunday.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2024, 02:27:05 pm »
Wolves 2 - [3] Coventry; Ellis Simms 90+7' - https://streamin.one/v/ecbea689 ;D

Corrected that for you. Ex colleague of mine is a Cov City fan.   If they don't get Liverpool I want to go support them at Anfield South.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2024, 02:34:00 pm »
What a result that is for Cov. Think all remaining teams will be wanting them in the semi. Thing is if you want to win the comp you may have to face off against Chelsea (again) or city.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2024, 02:45:08 pm »
Win please
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2024, 02:59:33 pm »
Knobhead here wrote the post he'd committed to doing but went to bed with it still in a Word document rather than posted to RAWK ;D

Good OP too. Bit wordy given the "new style" pioneered by Andy. Gotta move with the times Jack !!

One nasty little fact in your OP though. Utd have got the better of us 10 to 5 in cup meetings. Chimes with my experiences of them over the last 50 years or so. A bloody irritating team to meet. The bounce of a ball has gone their way so many times. However ..... when we beat them we generally murder them of late. A draw suits no-one so they might even come out to play... naw.... Score first and score often. Let's have some fun...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2024, 04:09:41 pm »
Good OP too. Bit wordy given the "new style" pioneered by Andy. Gotta move with the times Jack !!

One nasty little fact in your OP though. Utd have got the better of us 10 to 5 in cup meetings. Chimes with my experiences of them over the last 50 years or so. A bloody irritating team to meet. The bounce of a ball has gone their way so many times. However ..... when we beat them we generally murder them of late. A draw suits no-one so they might even come out to play... naw.... Score first and score often. Let's have some fun...
Can't have a draw anyway.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2024, 04:19:53 pm »
They can be dangerous on break as they are quick.

I wonder if he will play Bruno in the front three again.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2024, 04:21:05 pm »
Thanks for the preview jack :)

Could have done without that Fernandes pic though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2024, 08:54:52 pm »
Thanks for the OPs jack and Andy. Both unique.

Expecting us to go as strong as possible and we’re in much better form than December so hopeful of the win. Though you just never know how these games will go regardless of current form.

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2024, 09:21:09 pm »
"Sympathy is due Ten Hag because of United’s lengthy injury list" just about sums up Wilson's and the Guardian's affection for United. No sympathy for Jurgen then?

The Lidl Haaland is back though!?

Whimper.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2024, 10:35:03 pm »
If it was at Anfield I would be confident of a steamroll muxh like everyone in this forum.

It’ll be tough I reckon, but we will make the Semi. They are short but will make a game of it. We are confident but we do struggle away from home.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2024, 10:38:21 pm »
Really looking forward to this now. Pretty much expecting they will raise their game quite a bit, and we wont care or be bothered by it and will find a way, possibly easily, possibly not.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2024, 10:47:49 pm »
Awat at Emirates in the 5th (?) was the the funnest game of the season imo. The cup ties make better spectacle because there is less at stake in many ways.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2024, 10:53:08 pm »
I'm giving up the Paddy's Day Parade with the family for this one, don't let me down lads !
I was on the lash yesterday with about 10 lads, most of them Utd fans too, the cry arsing oh my God. Half of them said they aren't even going to watch it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2024, 10:59:14 pm »
Thanks for the OPs jack and Andy. Both unique.

Expecting us to go as strong as possible and we’re in much better form than December so hopeful of the win. Though you just never know how these games will go regardless of current form.

Cheers mate :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2024, 11:04:00 pm »
I'm giving up the Paddy's Day Parade with the family for this one, don't let me down lads !
I was on the lash yesterday with about 10 lads, most of them Utd fans too, the cry arsing oh my God. Half of them said they aren't even going to watch it

They'll all be watching it man, they will be just watching it without telling you :)
Ive a few united mates too, radio silence about the game... they'll be doing the same watching it in a secret location no doubt.. but Ill see a few of them later on... so c'mon t'fuck lads, hammer a few in....especially want Nunez to shine..
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2024, 11:20:16 pm »
Really looking forward to this now. Pretty much expecting they will raise their game quite a bit, and we wont care or be bothered by it and will find a way, possibly easily, possibly not.

Good way of putting it .. they’ll definitely get fired up for it and might give it a go for 20 but ultimately they’re levels below where we’re at

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2024, 11:21:17 pm »
They'll all be watching it man, they will be just watching it without telling you :)
Ive a few united mates too, radio silence about the game... they'll be doing the same watching it in a secret location no doubt.. but Ill see a few of them later on... so c'mon t'fuck lads, hammer a few in....especially want Nunez to shine..

Aw they will. I was surprised though that none of them seem to like Fernandes very much. His 25 penalties in teh first year he was there seems long forgotten now and they see him for the crying prick he is

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2024, 11:25:35 pm »
Good way of putting it .. they’ll definitely get fired up for it and might give it a go for 20 but ultimately they’re levels below where we’re at

Reckon their game plan is heavily reliant on that first goal. We get that and there’s a real chance they get ripped to shreds.

You’re probably right about the first 20 mins. They’ll have the one benefit of having fresh legs so might start with some intent but if we don’t concede I’d expect us to assume complete control.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2024, 11:50:55 pm »
https://twitter.com/CBF_Futebol/status/1769144924002234832

Casemiro is injured. They might play Amrabat🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2024, 11:56:17 pm »
Ten Hag said “no team can deal with so many injuries” but Liverpool are doing a decent job of it.

Guess who did NOT write this piece:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/16/klopp-trusts-youth-amid-injury-chaos-as-farewell-tour-arrives-at-old-trafford

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2024, 12:07:14 am »
Aw they will. I was surprised though that none of them seem to like Fernandes very much. His 25 penalties in teh first year he was there seems long forgotten now and they see him for the crying prick he is

Yeah , he is a proper Cry Ba, fact is though, without him they would be in even worse shite.... Shows how it's all barely hanging together (if you could call it that) for them, by rights this should be a non event competitive wise.. But many thought the same last bloody game.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2024, 12:16:32 am »
Fuck me. Hate playing these bastards.

Full on PMT

Get fucked.

Can see an early, early start tomorrow. On top of this one now :D

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2024, 12:17:58 am »
They'll do something similar to what they did before and go for a 0-0 but maybe with slightly more emphasis on nicking a goal this time.

I suspect we'll want to keep the ball, quieten the crowd, pen them in, etc. First half shite as usual, second half better. Salah with the assists.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2024, 12:19:17 am »
Fuck me. Hate playing these bastards.

Full on PMT

Get fucked.

Can see an early, early start tomorrow. On top of this one now :D
Why wait. It’s is tomorrow. Get cracking
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2024, 12:19:25 am »
Yeah , he is a proper Cry Ba, fact is though, without him they would be in even worse shite.... Shows how it's all barely hanging together (if you could call it that) for them, by rights this should be a non event competitive wise.. But many thought the same last bloody game.

I don't think the boss had announced he was leaving back then. We're different gravy now. United are getting whacked tomorrow and they know it.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2024, 12:23:19 am »
Why wait. It’s is tomorrow. Get cracking

Still drinking now and listening to angry 80s songs mate.

I have embraced the Aspall

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2024, 12:25:42 am »
If it was at Anfield I would be confident of a steamroll muxh like everyone in this forum.

It’ll be tough I reckon, but we will make the Semi. They are short but will make a game of it. We are confident but we do struggle away from home.

To be honest, with the current incarnation of Utd, I think it plays to our advantage that the game is at Old Trafford.  If it was at Anfield, I just don't see them being very adventurous at all.  Ultra defensive.

At Old Trafford, their fans still have delusions of grandeur, and will pressure the team to attack.  And they will.  And it will play right into our hands.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2024, 12:35:22 am »
Just beat them. Nunez ripping them to shreds would just be a bonus.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2024, 12:38:59 am »
I'll take what yourself Dubred and vivabobbygraham say as red then...
And  I hope Andy @ Allerton!, all the cider doesn't have ye watching the game on the Jacks!!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2024, 12:40:40 am »
We shoud start all u-21 except the goalie Virgil and Mo, just to take the piss.  ;D

Kelleher

Bradley  Jarell VVD Scanlon

Clark   McConnell   Elliot

Mo     Danns     Gordon 

No problem  ;D  Thats better than them. 

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2024, 12:49:24 am »
We shoud start all u-21 except the goalie Virgil and Mo, just to take the piss.  ;D

Kelleher

Bradley  Jarell VVD Scanlon

Clark   McConnell   Elliot

Mo     Danns     Gordon 

No problem  ;D  Thats better than them.

Maybe add the other Macca and I'm all for it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2024, 12:51:20 am »
I'll take what yourself Dubred and vivabobbygraham say as red then...
And  I hope Andy @ Allerton!, all the cider doesn't have ye watching the game on the Jacks!!

I'm taking it easy. I've only got another 12 bottles of Aspall in the house on top of what I had before so I think I'll be fine.

But I think I won't be driving for about 5 days.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2024, 12:55:40 am »
I'm taking it easy. I've only got another 12 bottles of Aspall in the house on top of what I had before so I think I'll be fine.

But I think I won't be driving for about 5 days.

I'm liking your cider game. You do have some sense then  ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2024, 12:58:55 am »
I'm liking your cider game. You do have some sense then  ;)

Easy easy catchy drunky apple

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2024, 06:47:39 am »
Casemiro injured apparently which is a shame as he's turgid.

We are better than these all over the pitch but this is their cup final so don't see it being easy.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2024, 07:18:37 am »
Great OP Jack. Thanks for Posting Andy
Excited for this.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2024, 07:21:47 am »
I think the team picks itself with the exception of whether Konate makes the match and if Klopp goes with Gomez or Robertson.

Offline mckeown07

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2024, 07:25:53 am »
Any bars In Manchester that everyone is meeting up in?