Author Topic: EL: Liv 6 vs 1 Sparta Nuρez 7’ Clark 8’ Mo 11’ Gak 14’ 55’ Birm 42’ Dom 48’  (Read 7260 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Absolutely electric start and then a display of total control.  It reminded me of when we dismantled Man U then went into ball retention mode after Pogba was sent off.

A surprising cameo from Musiałowski.  I thought after all his injuries that we'd never see him anywhere near the first team.  Hopefully a confidence booster for him.

Clark looked like he might have picked up a knock but otherwise no injuries!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Still in the hat. Happy Days.  :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It's near Milan and Inter/AC are usually fine. We played them without fans 20/21.
Atalanta caused problems in Liverpool when they beat the shite at Goodison.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Really not worried about any of the remaining teams.

If we drew any of those teams in the quarters of the champions league we’d all be confident of an easy draw. Leverkusen included.

We are miles better than every team left in the competition simply because we are a champions league team and the majority of these are not.

Great run out for the lads tonight. Let’s hope to see something similar at the weekend
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
We discovered one thing tonight. Andy Robbo doesn't know how to play centre back.

Oh...and Harvey Elliott knows the game inside out. But we sort of knew that anyway.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
A comfortable and efficient display. I was hoping to see Danns again but it was not to be. I think from about 60 minutes inwards we were solely interested in preventing injuries which dampened the pace of the match a bit. Good display, good win and a nice goal at Anfield for Clark.
#JFT97

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Really not worried about any of the remaining teams.

If we drew any of those teams in the quarters of the champions league we’d all be confident of an easy draw. Leverkusen included.

We are miles better than every team left in the competition simply because we are a champions league team and the majority of these are not.

Great run out for the lads tonight. Let’s hope to see something similar at the weekend

Yep, something will have to go horrendously wrong somewhere for us not to win this, the FA Cup will be harder.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite

That was the time when some Frankfurt fans got wasted by bouncers in Concert Square. They’d come over because of some feud with Atalanta.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
6-1!
A comfortable win. Was surprised we played such a strong lineup. No doubts about the ability and they deliverd. A dominant performance with goals for the front three, Clark and Szoboszlai. Good stuff!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
That was the time when some Frankfurt fans got wasted by bouncers in Concert Square. They’d come over because of some feud with Atalanta.
Ah, yes, that's correct.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This is only the second time that we have scored 5 or more goals in each leg of a European tie.

The first time was our first ever European tie!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
6-1!
A comfortable win. Was surprised we played such a strong lineup. No doubts about the ability and they deliverd. A dominant performance with goals for the front three, Clark and Szoboszlai. Good stuff!
Thing is, even our fringe/reserve players make the line-up look strong these days.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
This is only the second time that we have scored 5 or more goals in each leg of a European tie.

The first time was our first ever European tie!
Reykjavik?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

It'd be a shame if we end up with pricks turning up in the quarters or semis. The away fans have been great here this season in Europe and get a good welcome in the city. Not to mention us having to run the gauntlet in Rome or France.

Benfica are always sound. Leverkusen would be. Milan are okay. West Ham aren't that bad with us usually.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Very easy game. We are the obvious favourites for this trophy now but should take nothing for granted.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
That was not competitive, really. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Good gesture to Musialowski to get him game time at a full Anfield in Europe. He's missed out on first team minutes in the past with injuries and been here a while. I suspect he'll move on in the summer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Very easy game. We are the obvious favourites for this trophy now but should take nothing for granted.

Some tricky teams left and would want to avoid going to Rome for obvious reasons. But we should be confident whoever we play. Would love to win this thing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I know it's dull, but I think West ham at this stage would be OK, more chance to see the likes of roma get knocked out than having to face their fans on home turf.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Surprised to see Endo started. THought he would be rested with Macca.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
We look so good we are gonna smash Man Utd.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

Weakest sides left apart from West Ham are Marseille and Atalanta. Atalanta play in Bergamo, the city in the north of Italy that was hammered by Covid before it came here.

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
I thought Liverpool result was good.
Olympiacos beat Maccaibi Tel Aviv 7-1 away AET, after losing the home leg 4-1.
Maccaibi were 20/1 on to qualify

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully smashing a shit team is good preparation for United...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Weakest sides left apart from West Ham are Marseille and Atalanta. Atalanta play in Bergamo, the city in the north of Italy that was hammered by Covid before it came here.

Honestly they’re all week compared to us … just hope to avoid a draw where the traveling fans would be endangered
Maybe Leverkusen can give us a game … maybe. - but the rest won’t touch us over 2 legs

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think our training games are more competitive.

Surprised Sparta were so weak. Do they have another keeper? It seemed like he couldn't stop anything at all.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
Just got back from the game-that was fun. There was talk of another Dundalk or Stromgodset result, after the first 15 minutes...bunch of slackers couldn't keep it going. ;D

Brilliant night. Hoping for Atalanta next. Nice trip to Venice included. 8)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Marseille probably the shittest team left bar maybe a Moysie masterclass.  ;D

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
That goalkeeper of theirs did a belting Adriαn impression over the two legs.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Marseille probably the shittest team left bar maybe a Moysie masterclass.  ;D
The Velodrome is a tough place to go. As long as we respect the remaining teams away from home, we have a great chance.

Obviously an easy draw tomorrow which will be a bye into the semis.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we play the way we played against Abu Dhabi at Anfield there's not a team in the Europa that can live with us.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan

Decent teams left in it now. Atalanta probably the 'easiest' of them?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Lovely little game of togger that, boss little atmosphere, multiple scorers, what's not to love Reds.

The away fans were annoyingly entertaining - annoying in the sense that you'd find yourself glancing over at the mad bastards every couple of minutes.
All sound though.

I reckon most of them missed their goal because they were too busy playing catch with a ball that had gone in to their end.

The Ref was ok until he got a cob on with Jurgen because Jurgen got a cob on with him for being a prick.

Hope everyone there had a lovely time.
A special day indeed.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
If we play the way we played against Abu Dhabi at Anfield there's not a team in the Europa that can live with us.
Yeah (at home) but we have to respect the difference between playing at home vs away. We need to play a very strong 11 all through now. The kids can get 5-10 minutes if we're comfortable.

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
Who was on crutches on the sidelines waiting for all the players to come off? I couldn’t see but I wasn’t sure if it was Danns.
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who was on crutches on the sidelines waiting for all the players to come off? I couldn’t see but I wasn’t sure if it was Danns.
Danns was on the bench, so feels unlikely.

Not seen it, but wondering about the current injured players who it could be, could it be Matip (if tall). Otherwise Thiago or Jota both might be using crutches with their injuries

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Just home. That was fun 😀
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
That goalkeeper of theirs did a belting Adriαn impression over the two legs.

More Brad Jones than Adrian I think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
More Brad Jones than Adrian I think.
good shout. unlike Adrian, those guys could at least pass the ball