Author Topic: Match Preview - Liverpool v Sparta Praha, Europa League R16, Thursday 20h  (Read 16259 times)

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I imagine quite a few of the lads will get 45.

Salah to get 60 mins with a view to starting the United game.

Just pray for no injuries  ;D

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Do we think there has been a fall out with Klopp and Tsimikas…I find his lack of game time with all these injuries very strange?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
If we can play our first halfs like we’ve been playing our second halfs we will start to be really flying. I think rhythm is part of that.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
I hate to trot this line out but is that why Jurgen is always calling for more fixtures?
he doesn't like all the fixtures but as he has them he prefers the team to get into a rhythm. Salah, Nunez and Dom back recently from injuries too. You have to let the players play
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Surprised Nunez wasn't rested in favour of someone like Danns. I thought Musialowski was still on loan

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Do we think there has been a fall out with Klopp and Tsimikas…I find his lack of game time with all these injuries very strange?
he did have a serious shoulder injury, best to ease him in

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Surprised Nunez wasn't rested in favour of someone like Danns. I thought Musialowski was still on loan
Danns is out with concussion isn't he?

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
This is how you can help a player score goals. We need Gakpo full of confidence, not what he's shown in the last few matches.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Danny second half hopefully. Nunez grabs two before HT
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
there are going to be a lot of 45 min plays - not sure why starting or coming in late matters

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
Omg please no injuries will be miracle to get through 90mins without someone pulling up we are cursed this season when it comes to fitness.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Very surprised by that lineup.
This was a great opportunity to rest some players. I understand Mo and Szobo need minutes but i do not understand Endo or Darwin starting. Or even Kelleher for that matter. Surely if ever there was an opportunity for Adrian to play this was it?

What we have to understand is a lot of these players are going to be playing twice for their countries as well. No way that Endo, Darwin, Gakpo, Kelleher and Szobo don't play all the games in the international break.
YWNA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Dont mind the team but Nunez starting is odd considering the injury concerns he has had.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Elliott on the bench. If ever a player has deserved to get an actual rest, it's him. Probably starts at Old trafford.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
This was a great opportunity to rest some players. I understand Mo and Szobo need minutes but i do not understand Endo or Darwin starting. Or even Kelleher for that matter. Surely if ever there was an opportunity for Adrian to play this was it?

What we have to understand is a lot of these players are going to be playing twice for their countries as well. No way that Endo, Darwin, Gakpo, Kelleher and Szobo don't play all the games in the international break.

Yeah it’s pretty mental but everyone will tell you it isn’t
We’re through the tie … we might have 18 more games to play this season… and there is no rhythm concern because most of them have played relentlessly and they’re all about to go on international break

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan

Goalkeeper's dont need rest. Especially if these are down and out, then he might not have much to do at all. I'd rather not throw in Adrian behind a relatively young backline that hasnt played together. He's done okay in a crunch but he isnt a stable goalkeeper.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
There's definitely an eye on OT with this line up, especially having Salah and Nunez on from the start. All going well they will almost certainly start at the weekend too, but I'm expecting only 45 - 60 from them tonight maximum. All about the rhythm, come on the reds!

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it’s pretty mental but everyone will tell you it isn’t
We’re through the tie … we might have 18 more games to play this season… and there is no rhythm concern because most of them have played relentlessly and they’re all about to go on international break

I think its more to have Salah and Nunez playing together for atleast a half or 60 minutes. Both need minutes in their legs too to get match sharpness

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I'm guessing Nunez only gets an hour, which is probably a short enough time period that he'll be easily recovered in time for United. He's probably also our best chance of killing off Sparta's hopes completely and turning it into a bit of a training match.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
I reckon they know what they’re doing.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Wouldn't be a cup game without Jack whining about the team

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I hate to trot this line out but is that why Jurgen is always calling for more fixtures?

Well he had the chance to play the tea ladies tonight but chose not to, actions speak louder than words. He's often mentioned the rhythm from playing frequently. Pretty sure he did just a week ago when everyone freaked out over that team too.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Trust the Manager.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
haha true!

Key players will be rotated. And some key players need minutes. It will be ok.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great team selection, hopefully kill it off early with a few changes on the 55 min mark.

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Any of these a centre back?

Subs: Adrian, Mrozek, Van Dijk, Diaz, Mac Allister, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gordon, McConnell, Koumas, Danns, Musialowski.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
Wow I expected Klopp to put out a strong team but didn't expect it to be this strong. I know some of them will go off at HT probably but if they pull a hamstring during the first half....

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Football fans have changed for the worse over the years, everyone thinks they're part of the team these days or should be part of the decision making process or recruitment team etc. instead of just enjoying the game. I'm guilty of this myself so this isn't a shot at anyone, I think we need to just take a step back from it all and try and enjoy the actual football.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

Subs: Adrian, Mrozek, Van Dijk, Diaz, Mac Allister, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gordon, McConnell, Koumas, Danns, Musialowski.
yes Van Dijk 😬

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That Van Dijk can play there I think.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...

.....Surely if ever there was an opportunity for Adrian to play this was it?......

How can you be so utterly, 100%, totally wrong ?

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
That Van Dijk can play there I think.

Sorry, I should've written any of the kids.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Elliott, I believe.

Certainly Adrian is one.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wow I expected Klopp to put out a strong team but didn't expect it to be this strong. I know some of them will go off at HT probably but if they pull a hamstring during the first half....

What if they pull a hamstring in training tomorrow having not played tonight? Maybe by playing tonight they'll be part of the recovery session tomorrow and it'll help them avoid an injury....

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Sorry, I should've written any of the kids.
Quansah and Gomez will most likely play the whole game assuming they don't pick up an injury

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Wouldn’t be rawk without you posting about me x

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
How does this apply to Nunez?
what did you expect him to pick?

The whole of the u21s to play together and risk allowing them back into the game.

Surely the manager has earned some degree of trust over the last 8 years or so

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Wouldn’t be rawk without you posting about me x

I find your joyless way of looking at football very interesting to be fair.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
Can see the argument for some of our players like Mo and Dom needing rhythm and minutes (or confidence in Gakpos case) but Darwin starting is a real head scratcher, with Danns and Gordon on the bench.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
well that's an odd lineup! let's hope those that we thought should have a day off don't have to come on. at least Danns is healthy again, and Clark obviously merits being the starter from the group of youngsters