Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City - 10 March 2024, 15:45 - Sky Sports  (Read 26932 times)

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Salah will start, I have no doubts about that. Pretty sure Dom will too.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Such as?

The aggressive version is to play Mac at the 6 and ask Bradley to help the build up - then you're starting Gakpo or Elliot ... or you play Endo with Mac as a double pivot

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Presser in half an hour..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fr-tBOgYSbg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fr-tBOgYSbg</a>
What a perfect response.

I laughed, out loud, and then I cried...I'm not ashamed to say it.
Fuck it, I'm going to miss this magnificent leader.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
Argh! Klopp is like perfection  :(, one of the best managers ever but also his charisma and speaking skills are unmatched. Just watch Guardiola's interviews – it's like a cocaine addict full of paranoia. The man can barely crack a genuine smile; he's so tense and miserable.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
If Konate is going for a scan today then he's clearly not going to be training. I think it's safe to assume he'll be missing on Sunday but can see why Jurgen didn't want to announce that to the world.

The question will be whether he goes Gomez or Quansah at the back. I'd be picking Joe, personally.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
The aggressive version is to play Mac at the 6 and ask Bradley to help the build up - then you're starting Gakpo or Elliot ... or you play Endo with Mac as a double pivot

Gakpo having played as many minutes Thursday (and in previous games), I dont think he'll be starting

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
If Konate is going for a scan today then he's clearly not going to be training. I think it's safe to assume he'll be missing on Sunday but can see why Jurgen didn't want to announce that to the world.

The question will be whether he goes Gomez or Quansah at the back. I'd be picking Joe, personally.

I'd go Joe. He's been immense this season, stepping up whereever he is needed. Quansah is obviously quality, but Joe has the big game experience.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Thanks Raid. Trying not to think too much about this game yet otherwise it becomes all encompassing.

Fair point I’ve just heard on TAW is that we have to take care of City, we can’t rely on others to do so. So often we sit there bemoaning why teams don’t turn up against them. I don’t want to come away from this game with regrets. Beating City makes our chances of getting over the line so much better.

I know a point would be broadly ok. And I’m sure there will be moments on Sunday where I’d be delighted with that. But a win for us, a defeat for them, just opens up so many possibilities.hard to out it into words.

So that’s me, nice and level headed about it! :D

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated

I think I’d go with Joe as well. While Quansah has been excellent this season, he looked a little off it last night and Joe has been brilliant all season. He certainly deserves to play.

On which subject I think Elliott is likely to be back on the bench again, which seems incredibly harsh given his recent contributions, but I’d expect Dom will start with Endo and Macca. Salah Nunez and Diaz up top it’s just the defence which is hard to decide until we know Konate is definitely out. If by some miracle he’s fit to start I’d probably play Gomez RB and Robbo at LB. Again probably harsh on Bradley but this is a game for experience at the back.

What a game it is. Can’t wait.

Thanks for the OP Raid brilliant scene setting.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Great op thanks Raid, really sets the scene and it is nice to remember that Jurgen does have Peps number. We can’t look past the 115 and the way they fucked UEFA over and caused them to avoid charge them still rankles.
I was one of those who booked and went to Istanbul last year and can tell you that they were definitely under supported compared to I ter and seeing their far from full ground every match despite apparently selling out, hearing of their shell company fraudulent sponsorship and everything else just makes them small timers who cheated their way to the top table.
I am please to say I have a ticket and will also be on Anfield road to welcome the bus.
Let’s give Jurgen what he asked for and create the difference making atmosphere and energise the Reds. Let them press the hell out of City and get a lead that sees us through.
Can’t wait 🧣🧣🧣
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Have we played Gomez at CB this season? Maybe a cup match early in the season? It seems like a bigger risk than playing Quansah.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
Have we played Gomez at CB this season? Maybe a cup match early in the season? It seems like a bigger risk than playing Quansah.

Came on when Virg got sent off against the Saudis, and then played the next game against Villa. And a couple in the Europa.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets just twat these plazzy c*nts
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
Twice!...Twice!!...Twice!!!...Twice!!!!   That gif will never fail to bring a smile to my face!

Honestly, if we win this then I feel we have one hand on the trophy, especially as City-Arsenal play each other next and one or both are guaranteed to drop points.

Looking forward to the biggest game so far of Klopp's farewell season.   Hoping the crowd is a snarling, crazy animal that helps to suffocate City and propel our boys to victory.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Quansah i think could be so useful though in terms if keeping possesion against City.
Similar with kelleher. Bradley's ball retation is better too we have suffered i think with ball retention against city at times

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Quansah i think could be so useful though in terms if keeping possesion against City.
Similar with kelleher. Bradley's ball retation is better too we have suffered i think with ball retention against city at times
Gomez would be fine in this regard as well I think. Not sure how much better Quansah is than him passing under peessure

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville

I can’t see Salah starting, as he only got 20 mins yesterday - i would imagine it’s Nunez, Gakpo and Diaz starting, with Mo coming on at half time. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

That would be just as risky though to my mind. I think whatever we go for it's going to be challenging with the players we have out. Our biggest hope will be any chance we get we take it, as they will definitely give us chances as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I can’t see Salah starting, as he only got 20 mins yesterday - i would imagine it’s Nunez, Gakpo and Diaz starting, with Mo coming on at half time. 

Gakpo has played so much football recently.

Mo will start as he’s a big game player.

Konate may be ok as doubt there was any training today anyway.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 04:39:30 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some big calls to make for the starting XI, for a big, big game. Already nervous but also cannot wait to hear the roar of Anfield. A potential title-decider in March, in Klopp's last season, against these cheating bastards? What an atmosphere it's going to be!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......

My call is Bradley, VVD, Quansah & Joe. Holding Joe back (over Robertson) gives us an extra body for a de facto 3 at the back and "help" for Quansah. Bradley can invert or go foward depending on whether we are in a single or double pivot.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
My call is Bradley, VVD, Quansah & Joe. Holding Joe back (over Robertson) gives us an extra body for a de facto 3 at the back and "help" for Quansah. Bradley can invert or go foward depending on whether we are in a single or double pivot.

I think this will be the back 4 too.  Robbo played the whole match last night.  With how long he has been out, I’m sure he would have got taken off at some point if he was starting. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we want to win the title, this game is a must win.

Arsenal have blown away shite teams and us since the start of the year and will be on top of the league when our game comes around. 

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
It’s not just about who plays centre half if Konate is out. Klopp might want Gomez for Doku.
JFT97

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
Id be very surprised if there arent more twists and turns after this. Not all 3 of us at the top are going to win out so its going to chop and change at the top. A win would be massive but also a defeat is not the end of the world.
If it had if been 3 or 4 games left then a different story but i still think anyone of the top 3 could end up 1st or 3rd, its going to be that close and as i said id be very surprised if any of us win all remaining games.
I do look at abu though and think if they do happen to beat us and arsenal then their remaining games look pretty easy compared to ours

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
Win this and we win the league. Simple

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think there are going to be some big calls to make for this game, especially considering Konate is out.

Even though I generally agree with the Joe shouts, I have a feeling that we'll see him at left back to try to deal with Foden. Which means Quansah at CB and Bradley at RB. They have both been great but you'd imagine City targeting that through Doku, DeBruyne, and Haaland.

The position I'm most curious about is midfield. Endo has been great and I think he'll start, but he always starts games quite slowly and then grows into them. His second halves are always stronger than the first. So again, I think City will target the Bradley, Quansah/Joe, and Endo part of the pitch heavily.

I think Mac and Endo will have to play a double pivot and Szobo/Elliot will also have to stay fairly compact.

Diaz and Nunez will be crucial in terms of attacking pressure and stretching their defense. If they are not pressing well and/or we are unable to find them in channels or off the shoulder, I think we'll be in trouble.

Lastly, it'll be interesting to see if Salah starts. Even if he does, he might last 60 at most? If not, I think there's a bigger chance that Elliot starts over Gakpo, to be honest. Gives us a little more creativity in the final third while allowing us to be quite compact in midfield.

Will be a very difficult game but one that I'm seriously looking forward to. Would love us to steam roll them and get a 3-1 type of result to really set a statement in the title race.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What time does the City coach arrive?  ;D
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Win this and we win the league. Simple

Think that’s too simplistic.

Still 10 matches to go after this so nothing is settled.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
Think that’s too simplistic.

Still 10 matches to go after this so nothing is settled.

Agreed, it would be a huge boost but several difficult away games to be played. Every game is a slog bar Sheffield at this point

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Agreed, it would be a huge boost but several difficult away games to be played. Every game is a slog bar Sheffield at this point

It would be a huge boost especially as we play Brighton before they met after the break.

But need to take it one match a time and not get carried away.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
This is a chance for the “new” version of Anfield, with the ARE upper full of reds, to give City a next level of volume. Anyone going should believe that their active support & participation really can make a difference.

Online kop306

• Anny Roader
nunez is our key player in the big games

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Will Pep play Alvarez in this ?

Not sure if he will go more conservative and play Halland, KDB, Silva, Foden as a four with Rodri and Stones as the two then a back four.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 06:51:49 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
Walker said their players have discussed Trents comments as a group

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Will Pep play Alvarez in this ?

Not sure if he will go more conservative and play Halland, KDB, Silva, Foden as a four with Rodri and Stones as the two then a back four.
I doubt it. Played the full 90 midweek with Silva, De Bruyne and Foden rested

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
We are outgunned here with all the injuries. But Klopp and Anfield are at their best in these underdog situations. One last bit of Anfield magic and a signature win on the way to a league title is how Klopp deserves to go out.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

It is a nothing story.

Klopp summed up it up perfectly and I doubt the City players are even arsed.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 07:02:26 pm by Nick110581 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

And what did his wife, mistress and two families conclude?

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
It is a nothing story.

Klopp summed up it up perfectly and I doubt the City players are even arsed.

Oh they're def. arsed, we may not be, but they are. Several of them have already had made comments ala Haaland and Dias "they dont know what it feels like to win the treble"