Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 Salah 16 Nunez 60 Jota 84 v West Ham 1 Bowen 41  (Read 15977 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 Salah 16 Nunez 60 Jota 84 v West Ham 1 Bowen 41
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2023, 10:19:26 am »
Good win, I'll take winning every match 3-1 even if it doesn't keep Ali happy!

Obviously we are still giving up far too many chances, hopefully we ca  improve on this as the season progresses. We were no in good defensive positions when crosses came in (e.g. for their goal) so this is something that needs working on.

Attack is looking great though, with goals being shared around making it harder for opposition to nulify our threats. Darwin showing us both his progress and also his weaknesses. A lot of will be to work on his composure. The actual goal he scored was sublime though, watched it all the way and just put it where nobody could get to it.

Tough couple of away games to come but we're in a good space.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2023, 10:34:55 am »
Its good that people seem to be enjoying their footy again.
I'll always follow us, but can't get fully back on board with the game unless reffing and governance are sorted.

Despite that, it will be fascinating to see how this new version of Klopps Liverpool progresses. It's also a reminder that players come and go, and there's always the future legends to look forward to.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2023, 10:50:03 am »
Its good that people seem to be enjoying their footy again.
I'll always follow us, but can't get fully back on board with the game unless reffing and governance are sorted.

Despite that, it will be fascinating to see how this new version of Klopps Liverpool progresses. It's also a reminder that players come and go, and there's always the future legends to look forward to.
Been watching the rugby a bit lately, the refs are so impressive - calm, competent and authoritative. Ah, we can dream can't we?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2023, 10:53:33 am »
Was quite encouraged by that performance, and the fact that our lads seem to have that motivation to help eachother out again and figure out problems on the pitch. Alot of the latter would come from instructions at half time (we looked much better after the break) but also there seems to be a hunger back to make a name for themselves. The new lads have really started in the best way we could have hoped for

Ive said alot, my main worry is the consistency with the amount of new players in there, but as long as we keep going the way we are we'll be fine. Where that leaves us i dont know but i think we will definitely be in top 4.

We're also quite lucky gomez has looked more his old self having been reintroduced in the team
Szobo needs to stay fit, the guy has a ridiculous workrate which has been desperately needed in our midfield...he's been the biggest surprise for me.

MacAllister has excellent ability on the ball...great assist for nunez who needs a lot of praise in how he has started the season also.

Those 3 alone standout for me, and to have gakpo, jota and diaz has started well this season also...salah is back to being magic and is enjoying all the new pals he has I think.

It's looking good.
Next two PL games will be a big test
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2023, 11:44:23 am »
We seem to be going under the radar a bit. Listened to a few pods etc and the convo is still all around Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2023, 11:46:58 am »
We seem to be going under the radar a bit. Listened to a few pods etc and the convo is still all around Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle.

I’ve been thinking that. On 5 Live there was loss of North London Derby chat (fair enough) but someone claimed Arsenal would still be the closest challengers to City. Loads of positive comments for Spurs and obviously the Newcastle result generated plenty of chat.

Feels like we’re going under the radar at the moment given we’ve won 6 in a row in all comps.

If we’re still unbeaten after Spurs and Brighton away I think more people will take notice. Just a question of whether we can sustain the winning run for longer and been seen as a genuine title contender or just end up being seen as best of the rest, if City keep winning.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2023, 11:48:15 am »
I thought the ref let a lot go, which probably did ultimately help us; West Ham would have been happy to slow the game down by buying cheap free kicks, which they weren’t really able to do. That’s just my impression from watching the game, I haven’t seen the stats, mind.
The refereeing was lenient and in the last few seasons it would have been a problem for us. Yesterday, however, we managed to be the bigger bully even with Antonio on the pitch.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2023, 11:51:49 am »
I’ve been thinking that. On 5 Live there was loss of North London Derby chat (fair enough) but someone claimed Arsenal would still be the closest challengers to City. Loads of positive comments for Spurs and obviously the Newcastle result generated plenty of chat.

Feels like we’re going under the radar at the moment given we’ve won 6 in a row in all comps.

If we’re still unbeaten after Spurs and Brighton away I think more people will take notice. Just a question of whether we can sustain the winning run for longer and been seen as a genuine title contender or just end up being seen as best of the rest, if City keep winning.

Either way, I’m arsed if I’m wasting my time worrying about Man City any more. Maybe if we’re within a couple of points in late April.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2023, 11:53:22 am »
I was impressed with West Ham’s first goal, the way Bowen darted in and hit the bullseye
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2023, 11:53:22 am »

Either way, I’m arsed if I’m wasting my time worrying about Man City any more. Maybe if we’re within a couple of points in late April.

Same. Few years ago I’d have been having kittens when Bowen equalised. Yesterday I stayed chilled and thought we’d be ok…at the time all the games were draws as well and I thought if it did stay like that it wouldn’t be so bad, need to look at the bigger picture etc. and I was giving myself that calming pep talk, we scored again anyway!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #330 on: September 25, 2023, 11:56:12 am »
Same. Few years ago I’d have been having kittens when Bowen equalised. Yesterday I stayed chilled and thought we’d be ok…at the time all the games were draws as well and I thought if it did stay like that it wouldn’t be so bad, need to look at the bigger picture etc. and I was giving myself that calming pep talk, we scored again anyway!

I’ve gone rogue and haven’t watched/paid attention to a game all season. Just waited for the sky 3 minute video and found out the score when it’s out. It’s done wonders for my day to day sanity.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 25, 2023, 11:56:55 am »
I was impressed with West Ham’s first goal

But not their others?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #332 on: September 25, 2023, 11:58:50 am »
I’ve gone rogue and haven’t watched/paid attention to a game all season. Just waited for the sky 3 minute video and found out the score when it’s out. It’s done wonders for my day to day sanity.

Does it tell you the score before you start watching? Or is your heart on your mouth every time a clip starts with the other team on the attack?!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 25, 2023, 12:08:46 pm »
I get it but you are missing out to be honest. We have a great team and going to be a cracking season. Feels like Klopp's early days only I'd say we're in a much stronger position than then.

Hopefully we can tighten up at the back and suck you back in  :D If it's partly because even if we are firing there's still the cheats of City though, I fully get it.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #334 on: September 25, 2023, 12:22:23 pm »
Does it tell you the score before you start watching? Or is your heart on your mouth every time a clip starts with the other team on the attack?!

Haha they do and sometimes I try to blur my eyes as Im searching for it.
Annoyingly the always put the team who won as the thumbnail.
They're missing a trick not having a separate channel with anonymous highlights.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2023, 12:24:14 pm »
I get it but you are missing out to be honest. We have a great team and going to be a cracking season. Feels like Klopp's early days only I'd say we're in a much stronger position than then.

Hopefully we can tighten up at the back and suck you back in  :D If it's partly because even if we are firing there's still the cheats of City though, I fully get it.

I will get back in to it at some point. I needed to do it personally, mixed with my own mental health/anxiety issues. I started last season which was turned out great as we were shite, but yeah Im missing out now. I have no idea what any of the new players play like.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #336 on: September 25, 2023, 12:54:22 pm »
Great to be back in a position where I feel fully confident we can come back and win any game, even after going a goal down. You can feel the belief throwing through this team as it has in previous KLopp years when we've gone on to great things.

Also infinitely happy the transfer window is over and all the transfer-obsessed twitter army have disappeared back into their holes (for the most part). It's my fault for looking at it, but seeing that cess-pit continually shoved into my twitter feed was driving me insane. Now we can just enjoy the footy.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #337 on: September 25, 2023, 02:22:40 pm »
Love the way we are almost being ignored by the MSM (Mancunian Sycophantic Media). They'll have to bite the bullet sooner or later.

They'll figure it out in November.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2023, 03:25:57 pm »
excellent performance especially when he went to 1-1.
Szboloszlai is crucial we have to keep him fit

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2023, 03:55:15 pm »
excellent performance especially when he went to 1-1.
Szboloszlai is crucial we have to keep him fit

ideally a rest midweek.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2023, 04:26:35 pm »
Gibbo from TAW posted this

https://x.com/johngibbonsblog/status/1706317666737066361?s=20

Interesting considering I thought we played a mix of Gomez in the middle and going out wide.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2023, 04:44:31 pm »
I actually think the team yesterday was close to being our best XI with the obvious need to recognise the absence of Trent and Thiago and the fact the jury is still looking at Gravenberch. Jota obviously also should see action every game although who makes the best impact sub probably depends on the game and the opposition.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2023, 05:33:00 pm »
We don't even have to do mindgames, it's sort of hardwired into our team selection, which no-one can predict, probably not even Kloppo.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2023, 06:05:38 pm »
Been watching the rugby a bit lately, the refs are so impressive - calm, competent and authoritative. Ah, we can dream can't we?

Watching Barnes in the Welsh game. He is heard explaining to a player the laws and then he says “that’s how I saw it..” player response? “fair enough”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2023, 06:09:35 pm »
But not their others?

In my excitement to make a dual reference to the game of darts in a failed attempt to garner praise for my wit, I overlooked the nonsensical nature of my comment.

Is this what you wanted from me?

What next? My blood?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2023, 06:58:03 pm »
In my excitement to make a dual reference to the game of darts in a failed attempt to garner praise for my wit, I overlooked the nonsensical nature of my comment.

Is this what you wanted from me?

What next? My blood?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: September 25, 2023, 10:47:27 pm »
Top performance. Really enjoying this season. Happy to see Jones staking his claim. Thought he was excellent yesterday. Reminded me of peak Ronnie Whelan actually. One for the kids !!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2023, 10:53:24 am »
Gibbo from TAW posted this

https://x.com/johngibbonsblog/status/1706317666737066361?s=20

Interesting considering I thought we played a mix of Gomez in the middle and going out wide.
I think your interpretation is correct and also what I saw.  The average position graphics do largely erase that nuance of a player spending, for example, 10% of the time in another part of the pitch.  Even on that average position graphic though Gomez is noticeably higher and narrower than Robbo.

A bit off-topic but the lines indicating direction of passing are also a blunt tool.  Poor old Darwin, feeding off the occasional scraps from Diaz.  Just from the highlights reel he had a chance put on a plate for him by Mo and an assist from Mac.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 11:09:53 am by thaddeus »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2023, 10:53:58 am »
I will get back in to it at some point. I needed to do it personally, mixed with my own mental health/anxiety issues. I started last season which was turned o :shite:ut great as we were shite, but yeah Im missing out now. I have no idea what any of the new players play like.
Nah you should do what's best for you absolutely sorry for my comment. It can be horrible watching games especially with some of the awful commentators pushing their narratives every time we concede. Hopefully we can bring you joy seeing the results and highlights for now anyway mate