Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch  (Read 152010 times)

Offline schumi_pete

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch
« Reply #120 on: September 2, 2023, 08:09:06 am »
Uh oh Ryan Babel just compared him to Pogba. Hope he’s talking about the Juventus version.

He is like Pogba.. the same physical gifts and the same languid style of play.

Let's hope he can screw his head on better than Pogba did. At least we can now see how it would have worked out if Klopp had got his hands on a young Pogba.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #121 on: September 2, 2023, 08:09:40 am »
Welcome to Liverpool, Second Son!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline schumi_pete

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: September 2, 2023, 08:19:35 am »
I think he’ll put pressure on Mac and Szoboszlai to start. Maybe we’ll see a change in formation to accommodate him. I think he’ll initially be used as a sub in order to keep our midfield fresh. It’s up to him to impress Klopp and become a starter.

I think we will see Mac play as a #6 especially against the weaker sides, and Gravenberch and Szoboszlai start as the 8s.

We also need the bodies in midfield and he will feature regularly. We know that Thiago's presence is inconsequential given his injuries, Jones gets frequently injured and only Bajcetic can probably be counted upon to make the squzd regularly.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 2, 2023, 08:30:57 am »
I like he's taken 38, he's showing he has the defensive midfielder abiities of Endo (03) and the attacking brilliance of Szobo (08).

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #124 on: September 2, 2023, 09:07:02 am »

“And if you insert the middle finger into the belly button area like, this, you will find a clue to the location of missing artefact”.

Offline Barryg21

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: September 2, 2023, 09:09:55 am »
Great signing. Buzzing

This lad doesn't dream of Dutch U-21s
Surely he can drop out of that squad, and spend 2 weeks here with the coaches getting more up to speed?

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 2, 2023, 09:14:17 am »
Welcome Ryan.
This is your chance to be a football mega-star if you want it.
Work hard, do as you're told by the manager, learn about the city, work hard, appreciate the club is bigger than you, work hard. Earn a song. Work hard.
Ask Bobby what it means to get a song. Work hard. Make yourself a legend. Earn a status. Love your song if it comes.
Make a difference to our last 12 months of inadequacy.
It means working hard. If you do, and you deliver. Any trophy, even the one in February, you'll never ever forget it.
Your colleagues will be selected before you. Work hard to stop that.

Welcome and enjoy LFC Ryan, it has more to offer than you realise.

Tomorrow is an unopened present.

Love this!

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 2, 2023, 09:17:28 am »
Welcome to the club!
@Yvanicuzz

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 2, 2023, 09:20:28 am »
No better club for this lad. Hopefully he hits the ground running and never looks back.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #129 on: September 2, 2023, 09:37:28 am »
Good teeth.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #130 on: September 2, 2023, 09:48:44 am »
Welcome Ryan.
This is your chance to be a football mega-star if you want it.
Work hard, do as you're told by the manager, learn about the city, work hard, appreciate the club is bigger than you, work hard. Earn a song. Work hard.
Ask Bobby what it means to get a song. Work hard. Make yourself a legend. Earn a status. Love your song if it comes.
Make a difference to our last 12 months of inadequacy.
It means working hard. If you do, and you deliver. Any trophy, even the one in February, you'll never ever forget it.
Your colleagues will be selected before you. Work hard to stop that.

Welcome and enjoy LFC Ryan, it has more to offer than you realise.

Tomorrow is an unopened present.
Brilliant. Love that JC  :wellin
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 2, 2023, 10:08:39 am »
Very on board with this signing and relieved to seek Klopps comments on his style of play.

He’s so good in the final third, you don’t really want him playing too deep.

Another powerful presence in team too.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 2, 2023, 10:24:01 am »
Seems a happy and positive guy, best of luck and welcome to the greatest show on earth!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #133 on: September 2, 2023, 11:03:12 am »
Welcome lad, six foot three and 215lbs, exactly the same height and weight as Donald Trump, what a coincidence!
This makes for a great end to the window, the squad looks better and more reliable than at the start of last season.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 2, 2023, 11:10:47 am »
Welcome lad, six foot three and 215lbs, exactly the same height and weight as Donald Trump, what a coincidence!

Imagine him in the orange glow of the Holland shirt - uncanny.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 2, 2023, 11:18:28 am »
Not only do we have 5 top class forwards, all who offer something different to our attack. But we now have some really exciting attacking midfielders who can compliment & assist our attackers. Can't see us keeping too many clean sheets, but by fuck I can see us scoring a shitload of goals this season.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #136 on: September 2, 2023, 11:32:49 am »
Gravenberch family.  :)

Great photo.

Don't often see family at the signing, so that's nice to see - all the people who've no doubt given him huge support, and made huge sacrifices to help get him where he is today. An often overlooked part of a player's success is those people around them.

He has all the raw ingredients to be a Jurgen monster player - tall, strong, durable, a great athlete, bags of talent, and well versed in the legendary Ajax methods. As I said in the transfer thread, I really like his story arc so far. Talented player coming through the Ajax Academy, named the most talented prospect, debuts for Ajax aged just 17, plays over 100 games, and then moves to Bayern (at which point we were already monitoring him). Doesn't quite get the starts he hoped for, and is often overlooked by 2 managers who aren't willing to give him the opportunities his talent possibly merits. Then he gets a chance to kick-start his career again with the greatest manager and football club in the world.

Can't wait to see him develop in a red shirt, whatever position Jurgen intends to use him (centre back?  :D)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 2, 2023, 12:02:37 pm »
Ryan Gravenberch will train with his new Liverpool teammates for the first time today after receiving a work permit.

The midfielder, who completed a deadline-day move from Bayern Munich, will take part in Saturday’s session after the necessary paperwork was processed.

Gravenberch will not be eligible to participate in Sunday’s Premier League clash with Aston Villa with the transfer finalised after the deadline; however, he is set to come into contention for the Reds’ visit to Wolverhampton Wanderers after the international break.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ryan-gravenberch-set-train-reds-saturday

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 2, 2023, 12:14:04 pm »
“And if you insert the middle finger into the belly button area like, this, you will find a clue to the location of missing artefact”.
Needs to do a bit of work in the gym, I make him 5lbs heavier than Trump.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 2, 2023, 12:23:55 pm »
Premier league are fucking idiots, you can buy a player up to 11pm, but only those registered by dinner can play. How about employing some staff to deal with evening signings? Dickheads
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 2, 2023, 12:28:41 pm »
Great photo.

Don't often see family at the signing, so that's nice to see - all the people who've no doubt given him huge support, and made huge sacrifices to help get him where he is today. An often overlooked part of a player's success is those people around them.

He has all the raw ingredients to be a Jurgen monster player - tall, strong, durable, a great athlete, bags of talent, and well versed in the legendary Ajax methods. As I said in the transfer thread, I really like his story arc so far. Talented player coming through the Ajax Academy, named the most talented prospect, debuts for Ajax aged just 17, plays over 100 games, and then moves to Bayern (at which point we were already monitoring him). Doesn't quite get the starts he hoped for, and is often overlooked by 2 managers who aren't willing to give him the opportunities his talent possibly merits. Then he gets a chance to kick-start his career again with the greatest manager and football club in the world.

Can't wait to see him develop in a red shirt, whatever position Jurgen intends to use him (centre back?  :D)

Yeah great picture. What I like about the lad is that he really seems keen to develop himself knowing that if he's successful the financial rewards will follow. Not so sure the same can be said of a couple of players we were linked with recently.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 2, 2023, 12:38:26 pm »
Premier league are fucking idiots, you can buy a player up to 11pm, but only those registered by dinner can play. How about employing some staff to deal with evening signings? Dickheads

I guess if we were too bothered about that we would have signed him earlier

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 2, 2023, 12:47:33 pm »

He can grav relax on Sunday then

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 2, 2023, 01:01:03 pm »

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #144 on: September 2, 2023, 01:34:10 pm »

Aww I love it when they bring their whole family to the signing and they all look so happy and proud.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 2, 2023, 01:46:01 pm »
small note - the young woman is his girlfriend (in case ppl assume it's his sister).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 2, 2023, 02:23:45 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 2, 2023, 02:26:50 pm »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 2, 2023, 02:39:08 pm »

Came to see if this lovely pic had been posted, should have known you'd be all over it

when jurgen said it was a great medical in terms of results, i didn't expect live action shots - back to his game face there!

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #149 on: September 2, 2023, 02:46:52 pm »
Can anyone tell me how you pronounce his surname please?
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #150 on: September 2, 2023, 02:57:15 pm »

It’s pronounced Gravenberch

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #151 on: September 2, 2023, 02:58:13 pm »
We’ve really cashed in on Jiro

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #152 on: September 2, 2023, 03:00:24 pm »
It’s pronounced Gravenberch

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #153 on: September 2, 2023, 04:23:18 pm »

....Graff en berkk

(the K is pronounced with a Scouse/Dutch guttural consonant  8) )

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 2, 2023, 04:26:42 pm »
It's only taken 2 years/4 windows but finally, I feel we've only gone and actually replaced Wijnaldum.

Seems obvious that Jurgen will subject him to the same conversion programme that he employed with Gini, taking an elite attack-minded box-to-box midfielder and transforming that player into a world class press-resistant, ball retaining monster who can link up the attack like no other player in our arsenal. Sure, he'll have his critics who won't see what others see, but Gravenberch will become one of our most pivotal players.

Bayern's loss (short-sighted) will be our massive gain.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 2, 2023, 04:39:10 pm »

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 2, 2023, 05:00:32 pm »

And for those of us not fluent/violently allergic to stats, what's all that in plain English?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 2, 2023, 05:15:44 pm »
That this trio looks good on paper and Gravenberch's defensive stats are surprising hence the some folk's suggesting we may plan to use as a #6 eventually.  :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #158 on: September 2, 2023, 05:17:02 pm »
And for those of us not fluent/violently allergic to stats, what's all that in plain English?
Not an expert myself, but they are not fully informative before we see those in our setup. The DM (Gravenberch or Macca) will free the other two to play more in the final third, so this graph will change.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 2, 2023, 06:13:35 pm »
That this trio looks good on paper and Gravenberch's defensive stats are surprising hence the some folk's suggesting we may plan to use as a #6 eventually.  :D
Thanks mate, so my opinion he's going to get Ginified holds up?