Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 101173 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Jarrell Quansah
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2023, 09:44:35 pm »
Leave this here....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZjVV-hApeCM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZjVV-hApeCM</a>
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2023, 10:16:55 pm »
Also thought Hoever would turn out to be a great player for us. Hope this guy makes it

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2023, 10:20:24 pm »
Not that it’s fair on him, though he is our ‘new’ CB. There’s a strong chance he will be thrown in at the deep end more often than is ideal due to transfer mismanagement.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2023, 11:11:01 pm »
Not that it’s fair on him, though he is our ‘new’ CB. There’s a strong chance he will be thrown in at the deep end more often than is ideal due to transfer mismanagement.

I think he should be fine with VVD next to him, we maybe should have brought one in, but if Klopp thinks he is good enough, thats good enough for me, however, bring Scanlon up too :P

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2023, 11:14:15 pm »
We don't really need defenders because no one is getting the ball off or past our new midfield, Jarry Q'll be fine.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2023, 11:15:31 pm »
Quansah showed his ability in his debut. They must be seeing something in training too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2023, 11:24:53 pm »
I like him a lot and do think he's the most promising CB we've had at the academy for a few years.

Think he has all of the attributes to be a really good CB at a high level, we might well need him at times this season and he should be an options in the cups, so hopefully he'll grab any opportunity to prove he can be a long-term option for us with both hands.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2023, 01:00:00 am »
Trial by fire, essentially. He's only 20, which is baby years for a center half. Lots of good attributes and potential. If he can really take his chances, he can really earn his place in the squad for the long term. Would have liked him to go on loan again but with Nat leaving, we surely needed another body for cover. If Klopp think's he can provide the needed depth then I'm cool with that. The one qualm I had with Rhys Williams was the lack of recovery pace and Jarell doesn't seem to have that issue. We'll know more when we see him more but its always nice to see the academy lads getting some trust from the manager.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 2, 2023, 01:13:54 am »
Trial by fire, essentially. He's only 20, which is baby years for a center half. Lots of good attributes and potential. If he can really take his chances, he can really earn his place in the squad for the long term. Would have liked him to go on loan again but with Nat leaving, we surely needed another body for cover. If Klopp think's he can provide the needed depth then I'm cool with that. The one qualm I had with Rhys Williams was the lack of recovery pace and Jarell doesn't seem to have that issue. We'll know more when we see him more but its always nice to see the academy lads getting some trust from the manager.

The domestic cups and the Europa will be great chances for him to gain experience. Looking at our draw in the Europa league, we could rest the likes of Van Dijk.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #89 on: September 2, 2023, 03:22:06 am »
How quick is he? Can't tell from the little seen of him.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 2, 2023, 04:16:44 am »
The domestic cups and the Europa will be great chances for him to gain experience. Looking at our draw in the Europa league, we could rest the likes of Van Dijk.

I have a feeling we'll need him for more than just that. I think we'll be bringing on a defender most games to freshen up legs this season and we should have done that last season as well. We'll need him to be able to finish games when we have one or 2 out as we may see on Sunday.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 2, 2023, 04:53:23 am »
guess thats a quick enough promotion to the seniors

i remember koumetio and some other names bigged up but just doesn't look like the required quality. but then CB is not a position that a youngster can excel unless he is really a big talent.

being flanked by seniors such as vvd, gomez and matip surely will do him good.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 2, 2023, 05:17:30 am »

Test of his mettle. Trent passed it, Curtis passed it, Harvey passed it.

Upto Quansah to ensure he joins the likes of them. Rooting for him!
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #93 on: September 2, 2023, 07:35:21 am »
Also thought Hoever would turn out to be a great player for us. Hope this guy makes it
Hoever is 100% a Premier League quality defender and is good enough to be a squad player for us as right back and centre half cover. He’s been dominating for a bang average Stoke side in the Championship and just looks head and shoulders above the rest. It seems an ego issue that meant we allowed him t go, for a good fee, then it didn’t work at Wolves or PSV. I think it’s humbled him spending two seasons in the Championship and he’s ready to come back now. Not that I’d likely sign him, but he’s good enough for the division.

Ultimately we got a good fee and now, aged 21 he’s finally probably good enough to secure decent minutes for us, but it’s taking him 3 seasons of knock backs and some humbling to get him there.

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2023, 09:38:37 am »
Hoever is 100% a Premier League quality defender and is good enough to be a squad player for us as right back and centre half cover. He’s been dominating for a bang average Stoke side in the Championship and just looks head and shoulders above the rest. It seems an ego issue that meant we allowed him t go, for a good fee, then it didn’t work at Wolves or PSV. I think it’s humbled him spending two seasons in the Championship and he’s ready to come back now. Not that I’d likely sign him, but he’s good enough for the division.

Ultimately we got a good fee and now, aged 21 he’s finally probably good enough to secure decent minutes for us, but it’s taking him 3 seasons of knock backs and some humbling to get him there.

Hoever was a wonderkid (a bit like Bajcetic). There seemed to be a mentality issue though which also manifested at Wolves. He should be playing in their team.

Wasn't helped either that he was unavailable for a few cup games and Neco Williams took the opportunity.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2023, 11:50:30 am »
I guess Klopp rates Quansah, since we didnt add a CB.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #96 on: September 2, 2023, 12:08:01 pm »
He did pretty well against Newcastle away mate.
I think the lad will be able to handle it. The composure he showed was beyond his years.

Wouldn't mind a few deep-ends like that.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2023, 04:13:51 pm »
Leave this here....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZjVV-hApeCM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZjVV-hApeCM</a>

That vid was a hard watch. The narrator needs strangling. Presents it like it is fairytale
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 2, 2023, 05:10:47 pm »

The view from Stoke seems be that's he quite poor defensively but his attacking quality probably means he's worth having in the team. They reckon it's a similar situation to Trent at us. Strange because I always thought it was the other way round whilst he was with us. A good natural defender but didn't offer enough going forward.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 2, 2023, 06:16:27 pm »
The view from Stoke seems be that's he quite poor defensively but his attacking quality probably means he's worth having in the team. They reckon it's a similar situation to Trent at us. Strange because I always thought it was the other way round whilst he was with us. A good natural defender but didn't offer enough going forward.

I always thought he should play as a DM.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 3, 2023, 08:38:44 am »
I get there was an element of "needs must" to bringing him on, but the obvious trust and faith that Klopp showed in him brining him on in that game, in that environment, speaks volumes.  The comparison the way Klopp brought TAA into the fold is certainly apt at this early stage.  Let's hope it has a similar outcome for the lad.

Think while it was a really strange situation to make your debut in, it was also weirdly risk-free for Quansah. Had it not worked out, it'd been fully on Klopp - how dare he bring on a youngster in that situation, etc.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 3, 2023, 08:42:54 am »
Think while it was a really strange situation to make your debut in, it was also weirdly risk-free for Quansah. Had it not worked out, it'd been fully on Klopp - how dare he bring on a youngster in that situation, etc.

Imagine how huge Klopp makes you feel though, right down to 10men I need you to step up, you’re ready.

Bet he felt he could rip up mountains.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 3, 2023, 09:22:35 am »
Imagine how huge Klopp makes you feel though, right down to 10men I need you to step up, you’re ready.

Bet he felt he could rip up mountains.

Yep, true. Klopp is really good at that.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 3, 2023, 09:30:25 am »
That vid was a hard watch. The narrator needs strangling. Presents it like it is fairytale

Thought the same myself. Seems like he was stretching it out to get more ad revenue, what he was gassing on about actually had nothing to do with the video itself

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 3, 2023, 04:07:26 pm »
Looks like we have a young, mahuuuusively built, English centre back talent on our hands. This could be £50m+ saved and homegrown too. Buzzing
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 3, 2023, 04:08:02 pm »
Looks like we have a young, mahuuuusively built, English centre back talent on our hands. This could be £50m+ saved and homegrown too. Buzzing

Always better when they're homegrown.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #106 on: September 3, 2023, 04:08:21 pm »
Enjoyed his little burst into midfield.  Him getting a few minutes here and there is great, think he'll be starting a decent amount of games this season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 3, 2023, 04:08:46 pm »
Another nice 20 min runout. Didnt put a foot wrong and liked that big thumping clearance near the end. Not shy of confidence in his abilities. He's taking his opportunities well so far.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #108 on: September 3, 2023, 04:09:17 pm »
Anyone know how quick he is on a scale from Sami Hyypia to peak Joe Gomez?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #109 on: September 3, 2023, 04:10:00 pm »
Kept it simple, stepped in and won a few balls, no stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks...

Debut, home debut, done and dusted.

Baller...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #110 on: September 3, 2023, 04:10:31 pm »
Anyone know how quick he is on a scale from Sami Hyypia to peak Joe Gomez?

Think he's somewhere in the middle, maybe leaning towards the Gomez side of the scale.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 3, 2023, 04:12:57 pm »
It's early days but he's looked very comfortable coming into the team over the last couple of games.

Delighted for him, it's always great to see a player from the academy get an opportunity.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 3, 2023, 04:16:26 pm »
It's early days but he's looked very comfortable coming into the team over the last couple of games.

Delighted for him, it's always great to see a player from the academy get an opportunity.

Yeah... Of all the young center halves to get a go in Hoever, Koumetio, Rhys Williams, he does stand out as the best fit for us. Still only two cameos but looks very promising.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 3, 2023, 04:19:31 pm »
Looks very assured, doesn’t look like a guy playing his first games at this level. I’d like to see him starting some of our Caribao and Europa games, he looks capable.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #114 on: September 3, 2023, 04:19:50 pm »
Jarrell "Don't give a fuck who you are" Quansah

Early days, and I haven't watched him in the youth team, but I'm impressed. He's unmoved who he plays against. When you get a big bully forward to switch his target to your senior partner (Newcastle, not today), that means something.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 3, 2023, 04:21:51 pm »

He’s not been tested yet, haven’t seen him being targeted to see how he copes but he’s not put a foot wrong so far and i do expect him to do that quite a few times in his development

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 3, 2023, 04:23:04 pm »
Good Cameo.
Excited to see him get starts in the EL and the League cups

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #117 on: September 3, 2023, 04:27:00 pm »
He’s not been tested yet, haven’t seen him being targeted to see how he copes but he’s not put a foot wrong so far and i do expect him to do that quite a few times in his development
Calum Wilson was on him when he came on, then he switched to Gomez. Quansah was not really tested, but there was a reason for that switch.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 3, 2023, 04:27:34 pm »
Jarrell "Don't give a fuck who you are" Quansah

Early days, and I haven't watched him in the youth team, but I'm impressed. He's unmoved who he plays against. When you get a big bully forward to switch his target to your senior partner (Newcastle, not today), that means something.

His loan spell at Rovers was invaluable because he was up against bruisers on a weekly basis, he used to get flustered early on but he learnt very quickly, come the end of last season he was just shrugging them off.  Unsurprisingly he looks far more composed playing alongside top footballers, composure was the only thing letting him down in League one, but then he was playing in one of the worst defences in the league.  Looks a different player to the one I watched.  Very high hopes for him.  No offence to players like Williams and Phillips who did wonders for us, but he looks far more suitable.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 3, 2023, 04:27:42 pm »
He’s clearly trusted, interested to see how he develops this season … hopefully some Europa appearances for him.