Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 101163 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2023, 08:43:06 pm »
He's eligible to represent England, Ghana and...Scotland.  ;D
Can he play half-and-half in an England-Scotland game?  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2023, 09:22:07 pm »
Delightful pass to jota first half.
No time for caution.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2023, 09:44:50 pm »
I stopped keeping an eye on the youth teams a while ago so this young man has come out of nowhere for me. Good to see so many can vouch for his development.

He looks mature and assured. Lovely passer of the ball from the short time I've seen him. Reads the game well, strong as an ox. Looking forward to seeing more, I have no doubt we will.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2023, 09:53:32 pm »
Plays like an old head. Pretty much any young defender coming in you expect to see the getting over excited and losing focus at some point in the game. He does the basics well and he looks after the ball. Think there was something where he misplaced only a single pass in that travesty of a first half we had as a team. Positionally can improve a little, especially when defending counters, but its something that is probably already being worked on with him and isnt a major problem. I have no problem with him being 5th choice and if he keeps doing well, then he might save us a good 50-60 million if we go by offers for Colwill.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2023, 10:47:52 pm »
His composure and presence is incredible. Got speed too.

Only 20 but he looks a real unit of a defender, in the typical mould of Liverpool greats like Ron Yeats, Hyypia and Virgil. Not to put pressure on the lad! But physically, he looks the part and can only get stronger.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2023, 10:50:54 pm »
You could tell in pre-kick off that he didn't give a shit that he was playing in the Premier league.

Massive talent.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2023, 10:52:04 pm »
Just hope any injury is minor and he can make the LASK game.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2023, 11:04:48 pm »
Just hope any injury is minor and he can make the LASK game.
Don't think he was injured, just absolutely knackered!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2023, 11:14:39 pm »
The kid looks great. Looking forward to see how will he develop, but all the tools are there ...

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2023, 12:25:19 am »
Well in lad!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2023, 06:03:37 am »
Happy for Quansah. Great full debut. Great composure especially in the 1st half when even Matip and Gomez were all over the place. With all due respect to Rhys Williams, Jarrell is a different breed and he is here to stay.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2023, 06:11:43 am »

Please don't pick Ghana, can't be doing with losing another player to AFCON in the middle of the season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2023, 06:14:55 am »
Happy for Quansah. Great full debut. Great composure especially in the 1st half when even Matip and Gomez were all over the place. With all due respect to Rhys Williams, Jarrell is a different breed and he is here to stay.

He really is, the kid was our best defender right up until he got cramp.

So excited to see how he develops, people need to cut him some slack though because there will be times where he fucks up.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2023, 06:24:20 am »
Please don't pick Ghana, can't be doing with losing another player to AFCON in the middle of the season.
He provisionally cap tied to England

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2023, 06:26:02 am »

I'd prefer him to pick Scotland, fewer games  ;D

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2023, 06:42:59 am »
Very calm and composed for such a young player, and did really well under a lot of Wolves pressure first half. Playing in a changed defence away from home isn't easy, and he didn't look out of place at all.

Maybe Jurgen decided to put his faith in him instead of buying a CB in the summer. So far it's certainly not been the defensive crisis some were expecting this season.

We were forced into playing him at CB 5 games in, that lack of depth if exactly the sort of 'crisis' people expected. As for it being a crisis on the pitch, agreed, given we had 3/4 of our first choice defence out we did ok. Th xg we coughed up first half wasn't ideal but then we totally shut up shop 2nd half, if I recall correctly, and turned it round. I'd be concerned about the first half defensive performance if it was a sign of things to come mind.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2023, 07:21:50 am »
Ah, like Ibe

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2023, 08:51:28 am »
We were forced into playing him at CB 5 games in, that lack of depth if exactly the sort of 'crisis' people expected. As for it being a crisis on the pitch, agreed, given we had 3/4 of our first choice defence out we did ok. Th xg we coughed up first half wasn't ideal but then we totally shut up shop 2nd half, if I recall correctly, and turned it round. I'd be concerned about the first half defensive performance if it was a sign of things to come mind.

Main thing is he played really well and we won

Crisis  ;D  Not sure having 1 player injured and 1 suspended is really a crisis though
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2023, 01:47:33 pm »
any clarity on his cramp / injury / whatever?

he looked to me to go down because he saw Konate ready to come on, and wanted to help Klopp get that done.  but the comm I had (on Fubo) said he had been having trouble running.

??

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2023, 01:56:23 pm »
So you're saying if he doesn't declare for a particular country, no one can call him up, and FIFA can do fuck all about it? Interesting...

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2023, 03:42:27 pm »
Looks like a prospect. Didn’t look out of place at all.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2023, 05:57:51 pm »
Main thing is he played really well and we won

Crisis  ;D  Not sure having 1 player injured and 1 suspended is really a crisis though
There's no satisfaction like finding a crisis wherever one looks
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2023, 09:22:53 pm »
How fast is he?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2023, 09:35:12 pm »
His technique has never been in doubt. What's great is that he's improved physically as well.
I’ve never watched him before to be honest.  He passed the ball really really well, was really good being on  the front foot and he seemed to read the game well.

My concerns are that he looks a little slow …not Rhys Williams slow, but not rapid wither. He also didn’t seem great in the air either…

Don’t know whether any of this is valid after seeing him once though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2023, 10:51:10 pm »
I’ve never watched him before to be honest.  He passed the ball really really well, was really good being on  the front foot and he seemed to read the game well.

My concerns are that he looks a little slow …not Rhys Williams slow, but not rapid wither. He also didn’t seem great in the air either…

He did well with the header when he was being fouled, showed a strength that I didn't realise he had.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2023, 10:57:51 pm »
What a player he has to learn from in the left centre back slot. Looks an excellent talent and is blessed to be learning from the very best in that role.

Europa isn’t where we want to be but it’s going to give this lad great exposure this year, far beyond what he’d have learned in the League Cup

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2023, 12:02:19 am »

Looking at videos of him, I'd say he's not slow. I'd go as far as saying he's not as fast as Konate or Joe Gomez, but he's faster than Matip or VvD (now), which I guess is good enough to not be a liability. We won't be able to rely on him for searing recovery speed like we could with the prime VvD-Gomez pairing, but I don't know that there's ever been as fast a pair of CBs as we had then.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2023, 01:01:14 am »

I want to see more of him but pace doesnt seem to be an issue
I mean he has size to be good in the air and he size to be dominate in the air. I think he was really good at it in the youth team, dont have any stats on it from Bristol Rovers.
He was 2 for 4 in aerial duel last game. He going to fill out and get his conditioning up should be able to be 70% aerial duel player. He was listed at 6'3(1.90 Meters for England in the U20 World Cup)

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2023, 02:00:53 am »
Looking at videos of him, I'd say he's not slow. I'd go as far as saying he's not as fast as Konate or Joe Gomez, but he's faster than Matip or VvD (now), which I guess is good enough to not be a liability. We won't be able to rely on him for searing recovery speed like we could with the prime VvD-Gomez pairing, but I don't know that there's ever been as fast a pair of CBs as we had then.

he reads the game well enough that i don’t think pace will be a hindrance, his concentration is
good so that gives him half a yard

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2023, 06:14:00 am »
Nah, I'm not having that. Not after all the negativity we had to endure all off-season long.
I've had enough.

He was clearly going to feature in the first team in premier league games this season. In hindsight, it's one of the reasons we didn't sign a CB- despite what some of us wanted the club to do.
Klopp knew this of course- he knew he had a CB who could cut it and who he had plans for. We just knew better.

We weren't "forced" into playing him. Konate was on the bench- Klopp just chose him cause he was in his plans anyway.
Don't think so? Then why didn't Konate start over him? Klopp had an easy choice- start a staple of the first team or Quansah.
He wasn't FORCED at all. Jarell could have gotten 10 minutes at the end, but Klopp clearly didn't see it that way, and he was clearly not in a position where his hand was forced. He included the lad in the squad- having seen enough of him last season, so Jarell's assessment would've been made before or at the start of pre-season.

In any case, the ice was broken at Newcastle already- after Virgil's red card.
There's no way back now for Jarell. The fact he cut it easily with flying colors at Newcastle, down to 10 men, and a full debut against Wolves AWAY, where we were way below sorts for a large part of the first half and recording stats like the below, means we can bring him on in just about any game:

- 91 touches
- 96% pass completion
- accurately placed all three of his attempted long balls, as per Sofascore.
- won three out of his four ground duels
- made three tackles
- two interceptions
- only dribbled past once

He's a first team regular now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 06:31:14 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2023, 06:27:55 am »
Nah, I'm not having that.
He was clearly going to feature in the first team in premier league games this season. In hindsight, it's one of the reasons we didn't sign a CB- despite what some of us wanted the club to do.
Klopp knew this of course- he knew he had a CB who could cut it and who he had plans for. We just knew better.

We weren't "forced" into playing him. Konate was on the bench- Klopp just chose him cause he was in his plans anyway.
Don't think so? Then why didn't Konate start over him?
I think this is messed up a bit, mate, a bit backwards. We will have to rely on Quansah because we didn't buy a CB, not the other way around. Though I do agree that he was destined for a debut / breakthrough season, if you will, but not too much in the league, rather in the cups and in Europe maybe.

The reason why Konate didn't play and Klopp chose Quansah is because Konate had just two training sessions (training, less than game intensity) after a muscle injury. Risk him in a game, and the risk of reinjury is high; we could lose him for another three weeks. What is better, not use him in one game, or lose him for all the games in the next three weeks? It's a clear choice, innit?

None of this is to downgrade what Quansah does, he seems to be a very exciting prospect, and I'm excited to see him progress! But we should not rush him, give him the time to develop and enjoy him in the next decade and more.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2023, 06:31:09 am »
Nah, I'm not having that. Not after all the negativity we had to endure all off-season long.
I've had enough.

Don't think so? Then why didn't Konate start over him? Klopp had an easy choice- start a staple of the first team or Quansah.
He wasn't FORCED at all. Jarell could have gotten 10 minutes at the end, but Klopp clearly didn't see it that way.

There's no way back now for Jarell. The fact he cut it easily with flying colors at Newcastle, down to 10 men, and a full debut against Wolves AWAY, where we were way below sorts for a large part of the first half and recording stats like the below, means we can bring him on in just about any game:

- 91 touches
- 96% pass completion
- made three tackles
- two interceptions

Good post mate. Need more of this to oppose the miserable nellies who see everything in terms of a failure in something, or a lack or a blame ... or a 'crisis'
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2023, 06:37:59 am »
At the very least, its clear that Nat/Rhys/Sepp/Billy all being sent out on loan was pretty simply because Jurg thinks Jarell has more to offer than any of them to this team and that in itself means he sees Jarell as one who can truly earn a place in the first team and be a proper option.
I don't think he's the finished product but I think he can do a job whenever needed even at his current age and experience. He has all the tools to be a top quality centre back and those dont peak until 27-28, so he has plenty of time to get to that.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2023, 06:45:40 am »
I think this is messed up a bit, mate, a bit backwards. We will have to rely on Quansah because we didn't buy a CB, not the other way around. Though I do agree that he was destined for a debut / breakthrough season, if you will, but not too much in the league, rather in the cups and in Europe maybe.

The reason why Konate didn't play and Klopp chose Quansah is because Konate had just two training sessions (training, less than game intensity) after a muscle injury. Risk him in a game, and the risk of reinjury is high; we could lose him for another three weeks. What is better, not use him in one game, or lose him for all the games in the next three weeks? It's a clear choice, innit?

None of this is to downgrade what Quansah does, he seems to be a very exciting prospect, and I'm excited to see him progress! But we should not rush him, give him the time to develop and enjoy him in the next decade and more.
He really is mate. He's a Rolls Royce.
Liverpool-schooled through and through- the lad's only known the Liverpool academy since age 5. (Never even did the Everton-Liverpool jumping thing)
The staff, academy players, and everyone at the club obviously knew the lad would cut it and so I think we should cut Klopp some slack.

Good post mate. Need more of this to oppose the miserable nellies who see everything in terms of a failure in something, or a lack or a blame ... or a 'crisis'
I'm just happy mate.
ANOTHER "local" (sort of - I'm not sure about Warrington... :) ) breaks through and fits like a glove.
Makes my heart jump uncontrollably whenever they have the ball - Trent, Jonesy, Quansah.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:02:09 am by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2023, 06:48:56 am »
At the very least, its clear that Nat/Rhys/Sepp/Billy all being sent out on loan was pretty simply because Jurg thinks Jarell has more to offer than any of them to this team and that in itself means he sees Jarell as one who can truly earn a place in the first team and be a proper option.
I don't think he's the finished product but I think he can do a job whenever needed even at his current age and experience. He has all the tools to be a top quality centre back and those dont peak until 27-28, so he has plenty of time to get to that.
Early days. I don't disagree too much with what what you say, but I think that Nat and Rhys are thought of as past options, Sepp and Billy maybe still have something to offer. Klopp spoke about Billy in glowing terms before, not sure what he thinks now. Sepp may still become a very good CB even though he may have missed the boat... I think that when Rhys came into the team, the excitement was similar to what we see now with Jarell. We shouldn't get carried away, and we should give them time to show what they are capable of.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2023, 06:58:16 am »
I've had enough.

He wasn't FORCED at all. Jarell could have gotten 10 minutes at the end, but Klopp clearly didn't see it that way, and he was clearly not in a position where his hand was forced. He included the lad in the squad- having seen enough of him last season, so Jarell's assessment would've been made before or at the start of pre-season.

- 91 touches
- 96% pass completion
- made three tackles
- two interceptions

Great Post.
I think when Klopp saw Quansah in training and in preseason, unless Colwill was available they viewed it there was no a player who profiled better then Quansah for what Klopp likes at CB. They would also have stuff from playing at the academy and Bristol Rovers.
The timing wise of hearing about Nallo(Who 16) and the Colwill timing of extension, My thought was Quansah might just the 5th guy use Cups and EL to prep him to take over for Matip and getting a talented 16 year old Center Back might just the plan for like 2 or 3 years to be more in the senior team.
I really like what I seen from Quansah so far. It was pretty clear with the Cramps his Body was not fully ready for that level of intensity for 90 minutes(which happens), but that going be the goal with this season, get him the games and get him physically ready. The Plan seems to be for Quansah to take over the 4th Center Back Role by next season.

Also was down 3 Senior defenders too, 1 with injury, 1 coming back with injury and 1 with Suspension.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2023, 08:28:51 am »
I've had enough.

- 91 touches
- 96% pass completion
- made three tackles
- two interceptions

Love this mate 👍

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2023, 08:33:47 am »

Or even worse - criminal negligence.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2023, 08:56:11 am »
He done very well. For sure a better prospect than Williams & Phillips. Interested to see more of him

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2023, 09:00:02 am »
Couldn't find an all-touch of his full debut, but this has some of it:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3XdKTpEzStI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3XdKTpEzStI</a>

And a take from RedmenTV:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ejmxr8CA5ik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ejmxr8CA5ik</a>