Author Topic: Paris  (Read 185143 times)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Paris
« Reply #1720 on: July 13, 2022, 01:16:14 pm »
It's great that the report has found us not responsible but I'm afraid the damage has already been done.

Just like with Hillsborough, in the eyes of far too many another generation has been wrongly labelled for the cause of what happened.

Mud sticks and a load of words written after an investigation won't wash it away.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1721 on: July 13, 2022, 02:37:26 pm »
It's great that the report has found us not responsible but I'm afraid the damage has already been done.

Just like with Hillsborough, in the eyes of far too many another generation has been wrongly labelled for the cause of what happened.

Mud sticks and a load of words written after an investigation won't wash it away.

That's how I feel about it. Damage was done on the night by the smears.

It's like a front page news paper report that smears someone with lies and then they fight for ages fo clear their name. They get exonerated and the newspaper publishes an apology tucked away at the bottom of page 15.

The damage is done and we won't forget.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: July 13, 2022, 03:00:41 pm »
The bottom line is that those responsible, so far, have evaded sanction, and have been allowed to spew lies and disinformation.

The Chief of Police should lose his fucking pension for this.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1723 on: July 13, 2022, 03:12:13 pm »
Dan Austin has been superb throughout.  Following his twitter feed.  He deserves a lot of recognition for his efforts.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1724 on: July 13, 2022, 03:23:28 pm »
Dan Austin has been superb throughout.  Following his twitter feed.  He deserves a lot of recognition for his efforts.

He does.

I think the efforts of people like him, SoS, the club itself have shown the watching world how formidable Liverpool supporters can be in hunting down the truth. In the background - as ever - is Hillsborough. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1725 on: July 13, 2022, 03:29:38 pm »
About a month ago, the French embassy provided a link for those who were victims of a crime at the Champions League final to report it to authorities in France. I wrote about my robbery and sent it off to without expecting anything to come of it. I've just now received a reply...

Dear Sir,

I hereby acknowledge receipt of the complaint in which you report offences committed against you during the UEFA Champions League Final at Stade de France on 28 May 2022.

Your complaint was forwarded to the relevant police department for further investigation.

A special group of investigation has been created in order to try to identify the offenders and to follow up on your complaint.

This shows the determination of the investigators and the prosecutor.

You will be kept informed of the outcome.

In the meantime, please contact me at this email address if you have any questions or further information to communicate.

Yours sincerlery,

Merci,

Le procureur de la République de Bobigny

I still don't expect anything to come of it, but that's something I guess.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: July 13, 2022, 04:07:46 pm »
John Henry should proceed now with suing the French government and UEFA. Fuck Them!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: July 13, 2022, 04:11:40 pm »
John Henry should proceed now with suing the French government and UEFA. Fuck Them!
exactly. fucking assholes thought they would just label and name call us and get away with their incompetence.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1728 on: July 13, 2022, 04:19:51 pm »
Sue them for what?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: July 13, 2022, 04:21:23 pm »
Putting the blame on Liverpool Football Club and it's supporters and talking shite.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: July 13, 2022, 04:28:26 pm »
Lallement is deeply unpopular in Paris. Lots of French celebrating his 'retirement'.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: July 13, 2022, 04:42:21 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1732 on: July 13, 2022, 05:03:19 pm »
Great stuff, now we have to wait for the French Govt and UEFA to admit the failings as well
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1733 on: July 13, 2022, 05:22:12 pm »
So many echos of Hillsborough in the report. In 2022. It's some shameful shit. Hope lessons are learned fucking hell
YNWA

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: July 13, 2022, 05:41:35 pm »
You would think it would be a headline on the BBC ahead of Chelsea sign Sterling wouldn't you. Given the front page way they publicised the lies about us.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1735 on: July 13, 2022, 05:52:17 pm »
You would think it would be a headline on the BBC ahead of Chelsea sign Sterling wouldn't you. Given the front page way they publicised the lies about us.

It’s in the news section, where it should be and not mixed up with transfer fluff.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62146769

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1736 on: July 13, 2022, 05:59:36 pm »

Everyone else has gone with 'Liverpool fans unfairly blamed'

The BBC has decided to rearrange that and put it on separate lines.

'Liverpool fans blamed
unfairly for Uefa final chaos'

Then when you click through, the headline is

'Uefa Liverpool final: Fans blamed
unfairly for litany of errors, says
report'

So at first glance both headlines appear to blame Liverpool fans.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1737 on: July 13, 2022, 05:59:56 pm »
So many echos of Hillsborough in the report. In 2022. It's some shameful shit. Hope lessons are learned fucking hell

Absolutely

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1738 on: July 13, 2022, 06:01:53 pm »

'Liverpool fans blamed

report'

Bit picky though.

The text is very clear as to where the blame actually lies.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1739 on: July 13, 2022, 06:11:10 pm »
Bit picky though.

The text is very clear as to where the blame actually lies.

Virtually every other News outlet has gone with 'Liverpool fans unfairly blamed'

It is the old journalistic trick of the using the first line to put out whatever message you want to portray, when it rarely reflects the actual story. It is also pretty poor English.

When you are presented with a whole host of information, it is natural to scan the first line and then move on to the next message. Anyone doing that would think Liverpool fans had been blamed.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:13:07 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: July 13, 2022, 06:27:45 pm »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1741 on: July 13, 2022, 06:45:31 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1547269673850261504

Billy Hogan with an update.

Speaks really well again. I think Hogan and the club have handled this situation really well.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: July 13, 2022, 07:41:39 pm »
Not sure what is ‘next’ so to speak but that is a good and accurate report.
Mirrors my view of the events and my thoughts of the failings that I could see.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: July 13, 2022, 08:42:28 pm »

'Liverpool fans blamed

report'

I'm trying to read this in the way that you clearly did. But it doesn't work for me. The headline seems to say that Liverpool fans were blamed unfairly. Isn't that true?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #1744 on: July 13, 2022, 09:07:42 pm »
Virtually every other News outlet has gone with 'Liverpool fans unfairly blamed'

It is the old journalistic trick of the using the first line to put out whatever message you want to portray, when it rarely reflects the actual story. It is also pretty poor English.

When you are presented with a whole host of information, it is natural to scan the first line and then move on to the next message. Anyone doing that would think Liverpool fans had been blamed.
I think this is paranoia. British and French media have always been scornful of the official line.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: July 13, 2022, 09:10:26 pm »
I think this is paranoia. British and French media have always been scornful of the official line.

I think that's probably right.

It doesn't always happen but on this occasion time Liverpool supporters got overwhelming support from the press. Embrace it Al. Stop looking for slights which aren't there.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1746 on: July 13, 2022, 09:26:01 pm »
I'm trying to read this in the way that you clearly did. But it doesn't work for me. The headline seems to say that Liverpool fans were blamed unfairly. Isn't that true?

It doesn't say that though, Yorkie.

It would have been quite easy for the BBC to say 'unfairly blamed' or 'Liverpool fans were blamed unfairly'. That is what almost every News outlet did.

The BBC didn't. They had two separate pieces whose first line in its entirety was 'Liverpool fans blamed'. You could say I am being pedantic, but the truth is, news outlets employ people whose job is to write headlines. They know what they are doing.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: July 13, 2022, 09:41:00 pm »
It doesn't say that though, Yorkie.

It would have been quite easy for the BBC to say 'unfairly blamed' or 'Liverpool fans were blamed unfairly'. That is what almost every News outlet did.

The BBC didn't. They had two separate pieces whose first line in its entirety was 'Liverpool fans blamed'. You could say I am being pedantic, but the truth is, news outlets employ people whose job is to write headlines. They know what they are doing.
the first line of the headline I see on the bbc site says "Liverpool fans blamed unfairly".  your tinfoil hat is on a bit tight, matey.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1748 on: July 13, 2022, 09:41:38 pm »

It doesn't always happen but on this occasion time Liverpool supporters got overwhelming support from the press. Embrace it Al. Stop looking for slights which aren't there.

Except that didn't happen. BT Sport and Jake Humphreys initially trotted out UEFA's party line about the late arrival of fans.

It didn't work because we live in a different age and Liverpool fans produced so much evidence that a cover-up was impossible.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1749 on: July 13, 2022, 09:43:05 pm »

He still has a point and we've had this discussion about the BBC some time ago as well. It's a click-baity headline and it plays to the people who'll go "Liverpool fans blamed...*click*". It's not just some guy doing a headline and saying "Yeah, that's good enough". It's a shitty deliberate tactic to generate clicks... And then we've not even been talking about the photo they chose. Supporters behind bars. That's the kind of picture they want to paint no matter what the actual article says.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 09:46:50 pm by stoa »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1750 on: July 13, 2022, 09:46:04 pm »
the first line of the headline I see on the bbc site says "Liverpool fans blamed unfairly".  your tinfoil hat is on a bit tight, matey.

Have you got a link for that please.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1751 on: July 13, 2022, 09:48:54 pm »

I think it does in the article. It doesn't on the news overview site, where you have to click on the article to read it. There the first line is "Liverpool fans blamed" and only in the second line there's the "unfairly". Checked both on the desktop and on my phone to make sure...

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1752 on: July 13, 2022, 09:50:27 pm »
He still has a point and we've had this discussion about the BBC some time ago as well. It's a click-baity headline and it plays to the people who'll go "Liverpool fans blamed...*click*". It's not just some guy doing a headline and saying "Yeah, that's good enough". It's a shitty deliberate tactic to generate clicks... And then we've not even been talking about the photo they chose. Supporters behind bars. That's the kind of picture they want to paint no matter what the actual article says.

Exactly.

Especially the picture. They could have chosen from hundreds of pictures of Liverpool fans being attacked, being tear-gassed or being kettled.

Or how about.

Two stories were the first line is Liverpool fans blamed.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:08:56 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1753 on: July 13, 2022, 10:15:43 pm »
Who knew that text wrapping was the real enemy we should've been focusing on this whole time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1754 on: July 13, 2022, 10:20:20 pm »

What do you expect from the Salford rags? Sat in MediaCity thinking how they can shithouse their headlines. They were bad enough over a friendly yesterday.

They're straight out of the tabloid playbook: the headline trumps the story.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:23:32 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: July 13, 2022, 10:24:03 pm »
My God, they've done it again!!!!

Uefa Liverpool final: Fans faced
smear campaign, mayor says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-62155076

Plus another picture of Liverpool fans in jail, sort of.  ;)

Jeez, the amount of wasted energy some people choose to spend on conspiracy trash.

Thanks again to all those who kept their eyes on the prize. Let's now see if the French government agrees with the Senate. And then move on to the UEFA inquiry.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1756 on: July 13, 2022, 10:30:55 pm »
Who knew that text wrapping was the real enemy we should've been focusing on this whole time.

Nothing to do with text wrapping it is about how you want to portray a story.

The BBC starts with 'Liverpool fans Blamed'

Probably the biggest rag bag, right wing shitstain of a newspaper started with 'Liverpool fans were blamed UNFAIRLY for the chaos at the Champions League final in Paris'

They even capitalised 'UNFAIRLY'
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1757 on: July 13, 2022, 10:35:54 pm »
My God, they've done it again!!!!

Uefa Liverpool final: Fans faced
smear campaign, mayor says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-62155076

Plus another picture of Liverpool fans in jail, sort of.  ;)

Jeez, the amount of wasted energy some people choose to spend on conspiracy trash.

Thanks again to all those who kept their eyes on the prize. Let's now see if the French government agrees with the Senate. And then move on to the UEFA inquiry.

So they have one headline for the National BBC with a provocative picture. Then a far more sympathetic picture and a far more sympathetic headline for the local Merseyside news feed. Talk about playing to your audience.

The biggest thing though is the Merseyside piece talking about a 'Hillsborough' like smear campaign, whilst the National piece completely ignores that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:38:14 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: July 13, 2022, 10:43:19 pm »
Have you got a link for that please.
it's the bbc main site ffs.

I think it does in the article. It doesn't on the news overview site, where you have to click on the article to read it. There the first line is "Liverpool fans blamed" and only in the second line there's the "unfairly". Checked both on the desktop and on my phone to make sure...

the thing is, it depends on if you have it set at 100% or not.
mine is set at 90%. 
if the bbc was trying to skew the thing, they'd ensure the word "unfairly" was on the 2nd line no matter what.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1759 on: July 13, 2022, 10:43:58 pm »
Just checked the BBC app on my phone out of interest and mine looks different, is it the size of your phone screen making a difference to the layout?

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."