Author Topic: Roma watch  (Read 150073 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Roma watch
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2018, 03:35:10 pm »
did any roma players get injured

They're playing their second side, doesn't really matter

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2018, 04:40:51 pm »
They're playing their second side, doesn't really matter

I think most of them played except for Dzeko and De Rossi?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2018, 04:45:10 pm »
I think most of them played except for Dzeko and De Rossi?
Strootman, Naingolan and Under also got less time
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2018, 05:38:09 pm »
I remember City having a stroll of a comprehensive 3-0 win away before the Anfield 1st leg game.

Hopefully a good omen for Tuesday.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Boer_War

• Main Stander
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2018, 12:29:07 am »
3-0 now. And you don't have to wait until Wednesday mate, we play Tuesday. ;D

I’m watching the repeat, no spoilers on here about the score please  :-X
Get 8% cash back from the official store

http://www.quidco.com/user/4882829

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:11 pm »
They play a very high line.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2018, 09:55:15 pm »
I’m watching the repeat, no spoilers on here about the score please  :-X
Keep taking the pills mate ;)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2018, 10:13:05 pm »
Fucking shower of c*nts ambushed the Albert,left a lad in cc & were chased off.
Fucking shitbags.

Police investigate serious assault outside Anfield - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2018, 10:15:32 pm »
Fucking shower of c*nts ambushed the Albert,left a lad in cc & were chased off.
Fucking shitbags.

Police investigate serious assault outside Anfield - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201
Anyone going next week please be careful, they’re even worse out there.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2018, 10:18:20 pm »
Picture off that link..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2018, 10:25:26 pm »
What happened?!
dios esta buena

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:33 pm »
Rumours saying Roma fans attacked a 60 year old man outside the Albert and that he is now dead. Hope this is not true, vids going about on youtube. Horrible stuff.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2018, 11:01:36 pm »
Rumours saying Roma fans attacked a 60 year old man outside the Albert and that he is now dead. Hope this is not true, vids going about on youtube. Horrible stuff.
53 year old. Suspect caught and being questioned. The victim is being treated for injuries apparently.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #253 on: April 24, 2018, 11:03:36 pm »
53 year old. Suspect caught and being questioned. The victim is being treated for injuries apparently.

Cheers, hope he is ok.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #254 on: April 24, 2018, 11:03:56 pm »
FFS sake hope it's not true.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2018, 11:13:50 pm »
Just seen some of the vids and stills of the gonshite crew, with hammers and belts in hand. Looks like they just walked around by the Albert and started attacking anyone in sight
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 24, 2018, 11:20:17 pm »
Idiots. Hope the man is okay

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #257 on: April 24, 2018, 11:20:26 pm »
After an exhilarating and then slightly deflating night and being unaware that this set of Roma Ultra c*nts did this, the only thing that matters is if this old guy is ok.

Does anyone have the latest news on his condition ?  Can't find anything at the moment ... 
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2018, 11:21:25 pm »
Just seen a clip of the cowards running back up Walton Breck after they realise they are little boys well out of their depth, only good for attacking 20 on 1. As soon as few scousers moved in they shit it. Their fans are a horrible, horrible lot. I saw it week in week out when I lived there. Absolute cowards. I hope our fans are bussed airport to ground and back again or else there will be blood.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2018, 11:29:13 pm »
Ive just watched it, fuck sake, c*nts should have been battered. Shocking lads not getting stuck into the rats.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2018, 11:38:57 pm »
Anyone going next week please be careful, they’re even worse out there.

Second this.  Heard all sorts of stories about them, and that was just during group games and such like. A champions league semi final second leg is going to be crazy.

Stay safe reds.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2018, 11:48:19 pm »
Second this.  Heard all sorts of stories about them, and that was just during group games and such like. A champions league semi final second leg is going to be crazy.

Stay safe reds.

Thanks. Seems like a lack of communication at the moment about whether the club will help with travel to/from ground. I think somebody was trying to get hold of Tony Barrett... slightly nervous about situation now.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2018, 11:49:35 pm »
Thanks. Seems like a lack of communication at the moment about whether the club will help with travel to/from ground. I think somebody was trying to get hold of Tony Barrett... slightly nervous about situation now.
They have to provide transport or we’ll get picked out on the way to the ground.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #263 on: April 24, 2018, 11:51:36 pm »
Picture off that link..

Imagine taking a hammer to an away :o
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2018, 11:51:37 pm »
They have to provide transport or we’ll get picked out on the way to the ground.

Apparently somebody from the Barca match said they were kept behind for 2.5 hours after the match and then taken to city centre in coaches.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2018, 11:52:40 pm »
Apparently somebody from the Barca match said they were kept behind for 2.5 hours after the match and then taken to city centre in coaches.
Sensible. I’d stay in there all night if it meant avoiding that lot.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2018, 11:57:57 pm »
Anyone watch them tonight?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool fan stabbed - LFC and Roma fans clash
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2018, 12:02:52 am »
I only heard about this after the game. Really took the shine off what should have been an enjoyable evening. They should just play the 2nd leg behind closed doors, how can anyone guarantee the safety of the regular fans from these shitbags?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2018, 12:36:14 am »
Literally don't understand the logic of people. I'm going to a football match so I'll take a hammer and we'll go and better some of the opposition fans because we can. Just fuck off.

Hope the fan who was hurt is ok.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2018, 12:50:11 am »
Fuck sake , hope this guy pulls through  :'(

A 53-year-old man is in a critical condition after he was attacked outside Anfield before Liverpool's Champions League semi-final match with Roma.

Two men, who are aged 25 and 26, and come from Rome, have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The victim suffered a head injury and is being treated in hospital, Merseyside Police said.

In a statement Liverpool said it was "shocked and appalled" and would be offering the victim "our full support".

The attack happened outside the Albert pub in Walton Breck Road at about 19:35 BST.

Det Insp Paul Speight of Merseyside Police said: "Witnesses report that the victim was hit with a belt and then fell to the ground.

"His condition is currently described as critical and his next of kin have been informed."

There were clashes between Liverpool and Roma supporters shortly before kick-off.

About 80 Roma fans are thought to have used a side road to reach an area populated by Liverpool supporters.

One supporter was seen motionless on the road and BBC Sport footage showed another fan carrying a hammer.

Trouble broke out behind the Kop End, with reports of Roma supporters attacking home fans.

BBC Sport news correspondent David Ornstein said the pre-match trouble started when a "group of Roma fans arrived via Venmore Street, burst on to Walton Breck Road and attacked, many using belts".

He said a Liverpool fan was knocked to the floor and received lengthy medical treatment.

He added that there were "skirmishes, projectiles" and at least one person had "a hammer".

Sunday Times football correspondent Jonathan Northcroft tweeted that the "attack was sudden", adding that the "Roma group were chased down the street before police arrived".

Police are appealing for anyone with video footage or information to contact them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2018, 12:56:12 am »
Literally don't understand the logic of people. I'm going to a football match so I'll take a hammer and we'll go and better some of the opposition fans because we can. Just fuck off.

Hope the fan who was hurt is ok.

I was in a bus that was bricked as a young kid. Stopped me going to away games basically at the time.

The film I.D. helped me make sense of those who do things like this. Basically violent people who need an outlet and hide behind football to do it. Great film, well worth a watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113375/

My thoughts with the family of the guy who was attacked. Hope he pulls through. Melhoras irmão!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2018, 01:07:40 am »
Cannot get my head around this at all. Coming over from Rome to stab an innocent man who was going to watch a football match? Now they are arrested for attempted murder! What the actual fuck?! The mentality of some people!

Absolutely sickening. Really hope the guy pulls through and a massive warning to anyone going the game next week to keep a low profile, get to the game, go home etc.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2018, 01:26:35 am »
Cannot get my head around this at all. Coming over from Rome to stab an innocent man who was going to watch a football match? Now they are arrested for attempted murder! What the actual fuck?! The mentality of some people!

Absolutely sickening. Really hope the guy pulls through and a massive warning to anyone going the game next week to keep a low profile, get to the game, go home etc.

I am sure that they will get a very friendly welcome in whatever prison they get housed in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2018, 01:28:46 am »
Fuck sake , hope this guy pulls through  :'(

A 53-year-old man is in a critical condition after he was attacked outside Anfield before Liverpool's Champions League semi-final match with Roma.

Two men, who are aged 25 and 26, and come from Rome, have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The victim suffered a head injury and is being treated in hospital, Merseyside Police said.

In a statement Liverpool said it was "shocked and appalled" and would be offering the victim "our full support".

The attack happened outside the Albert pub in Walton Breck Road at about 19:35 BST.

Det Insp Paul Speight of Merseyside Police said: "Witnesses report that the victim was hit with a belt and then fell to the ground.

"His condition is currently described as critical and his next of kin have been informed."

There were clashes between Liverpool and Roma supporters shortly before kick-off.

About 80 Roma fans are thought to have used a side road to reach an area populated by Liverpool supporters.

One supporter was seen motionless on the road and BBC Sport footage showed another fan carrying a hammer.

Trouble broke out behind the Kop End, with reports of Roma supporters attacking home fans.

BBC Sport news correspondent David Ornstein said the pre-match trouble started when a "group of Roma fans arrived via Venmore Street, burst on to Walton Breck Road and attacked, many using belts".

He said a Liverpool fan was knocked to the floor and received lengthy medical treatment.

He added that there were "skirmishes, projectiles" and at least one person had "a hammer".

Sunday Times football correspondent Jonathan Northcroft tweeted that the "attack was sudden", adding that the "Roma group were chased down the street before police arrived".

Police are appealing for anyone with video footage or information to contact them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201
Humanity at its worst/
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2018, 01:43:10 am »
Absolute arseholes who did that, enjoy getting jumped in jail you c*nts.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2018, 04:36:47 am »
I hope we batter them again in Rome.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2018, 06:43:05 am »
Thing is, they weren't even proper going to the game. You look at the time of the incident, when the away end had already been let in, the location, where they were opposite to where they should have been, these are probably the usual morons trying to bunk in / source tickets via touts while mainly looking for aggro. Roma had issues previously when trying to crack down on them, clearly that element 's still there, even if these things are vastly reduced from decades gone by.

Our fans can take care of themselves  for the most part, the cowards who wait for them in Roma are getting sorted out. You expect a few injuries to us but short of not going I'm not sure there's a perfect solution to this. The cops and authorities can only control matters so much.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2018, 06:54:01 am »
I hope we batter them again in Rome.

We will.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2018, 06:54:10 am »
Thing is, they weren't even proper going to the game. You look at the time of the incident, when the away end had already been let in, the location, where they were opposite to where they should have been, these are probably the usual morons trying to bunk in / source tickets via touts while mainly looking for aggro. Roma had issues previously when trying to crack down on them, clearly that element 's still there, even if these things are vastly reduced from decades gone by.

Our fans can take care of themselves  for the most part, the cowards who wait for them in Roma are getting sorted out. You expect a few injuries to us but short of not going I'm not sure there's a perfect solution to this. The cops and authorities can only control matters so much.

I think you’re right, the worrying aspect is that there will be of these c*nts in Rome doing the same thing! Hope the man pulls through and anyone else involved are okay!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2018, 07:54:10 am »
That was it?
All that talk, and that's all they had to show for it?
One of the worst displays I've seen in as far back as I can remember at this stage of the Champions League.

They can talk all they want about their belief, about what they did to Barca. But they know the deal.
They looked us in the eye and realised we're assassins. Unlike the Barca game where they probably sat in the locker room post match frustrated that they didn't get the scoreline they deserved, this time they sat there shellshocked yet relieved. They know they left battered and bruised, but it probably should have been worse.
Like getting caught in the alley by 3 bullies twice your size, and walking out without suffering any major injury.

We're going to beat them in Rome. In fact, I don't see how we won't score at least 3 goals past that midfield and defense.
Nothing will change over the week. They're not suddenly going to get any faster in defense, and bar punting it long scrambling for knockdowns or hoping for a mistake from our end, I can't see them breaking us down defensively. With their supporters urging them on, and them needing to score 3 goals with the clock their biggest enemy, they're going to leave themselves wide open.

It'll be like what happened to them at Anfield, only the diet version of it.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.