Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473825 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #58040 on: March 28, 2024, 09:38:02 am »
Was it just me that enjoyed 'The Killer', then?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58041 on: March 28, 2024, 10:39:42 am »

Watched it the other day with the missus.

She thought it was complete shite. I thought it was Ok, but nothing special.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #58042 on: March 28, 2024, 10:44:48 am »

I liked the bit where he hired a car

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58043 on: March 28, 2024, 11:02:40 am »
I thought it was hilarious and the fight in the house was top tier.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58044 on: March 28, 2024, 01:58:40 pm »
I thought it was hilarious and the fight in the house was top tier.
same. i think a lot of people haven't clocked onto how intentionally hilarious it is.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58045 on: March 28, 2024, 08:10:06 pm »
Watched Sicario the other day on Iplayer. Belter of a film, plenty of twists but not difficult to get the head around. I've been told the sequel is decent although a lot different so I may give that a go too.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58046 on: March 29, 2024, 11:14:42 pm »
Saw Ferrari - bit slow paced. Could have done with a bit more Vrrrooooom and a bit less meh.

Saw Fast Charlie as well - with Pierce Brosnan - Ok middle-of-the-road hitman-come-revenge thriller.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58047 on: March 30, 2024, 08:58:40 am »
Watched Sicario the other day on Iplayer. Belter of a film, plenty of twists but not difficult to get the head around. I've been told the sequel is decent although a lot different so I may give that a go too.

Brilliant film. To each their own but I wouldn’t bother with the sequel - different director and writer I think, has none of the first film’s dread.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58048 on: March 30, 2024, 09:02:14 am »
The Flash. Couldn't watch it. Opening five minutes was enough. DREADFUL.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58049 on: March 30, 2024, 09:13:26 am »
The Flash. Couldn't watch it. Opening five minutes was enough. DREADFUL.

Yeah, it was bad. Haven’t seen Aquaman 2 but Flash was a worthy nail in coffin of the DC universe.

Saw the new Godzilla x Kong yesterday - more of a Kong film in truth, Godzilla doesn’t really suit this new style/aesthetic they’ve gone for which is much less serious than King of the Monsters.

Scar King steals the show, just not enough of him in it. Still need to watch Monarch. 

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58050 on: March 30, 2024, 10:22:14 am »
Yeah, it was bad. Haven’t seen Aquaman 2 but Flash was a worthy nail in coffin of the DC universe.
Honestly that hospital scene at the start and the babies. It wasn't even funny. One of the worst opening sequences I've seen in any film.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #58051 on: March 30, 2024, 11:47:28 am »
Out Of Darkness - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7527682/

In the Old Stone Age, a disparate gang of early humans band together in search of a new land. But when they suspect a malevolent, mystical being is hunting them down, the clan are forced to confront a danger they never envisioned.

I really enjoyed this, till about the last 20 minutes till it went to shit. Shame really as the start and middle were great.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58052 on: April 1, 2024, 02:57:53 pm »
Saw Godzilla x Kong

The main thing I got from it is that Godzilla is a knobhead.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58053 on: April 1, 2024, 04:06:32 pm »
Saw Godzilla x Kong myself, glad they reduced down the amount of human characters in this one. Too many in GvK.
Very much more of a Kong film, and could've very easily been a stand alone movie.

Spoiler
nice though that like Mecha Godzilla in the last film the marketing for this one kept the knowledge of Mothra and the other titan under wraps
[close]

Felt it probably could've been more fun, but then it's got a sequence were Kong beats up two other giant apes using mini Kong as a club which I found hilarious.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58054 on: April 1, 2024, 04:27:13 pm »
Roadhouse. What happened with  Jake geyllenhal that he made this? I thought he was well respected as an artist.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58055 on: April 1, 2024, 06:41:28 pm »
Barbie. What a great fun movie. Enjoyable.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58056 on: April 1, 2024, 07:19:12 pm »
Roadhouse. What happened with  Jake geyllenhal that he made this? I thought he was well respected as an artist.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58057 on: April 1, 2024, 10:17:53 pm »
Next Goal Wins

Absolutely brilliant. Loved it. The true story about how a new coach turned around the fortunes (Slightly) for the  American Samoa national team - who were, when he took over, ranked last in the world.

Some greating acting, a feel good film and good fun.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58058 on: April 1, 2024, 10:19:24 pm »
Every single time!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #58059 on: April 1, 2024, 10:20:54 pm »
Next Goal Wins

Absolutely brilliant. Loved it. The true story about how a new coach turned around the fortunes (Slightly) for the  American Samoa national team - who were, when he took over, ranked last in the world.

Some greating acting, a feel good film and good fun.

Watched this too the other day.  Think the first half was better than the rest and it was a little preachy in parts but it was still a really enjoyable little movie with some genuinely funny and heartfelt moments.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58060 on: April 1, 2024, 10:32:24 pm »
Andy, have you moved into a cinema or something?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58061 on: April 1, 2024, 11:09:12 pm »
Every single time!
;D

Got conned into Next goal wins at my local picturehouse under a 'Mystery film' event - closest I can remember to walking out of a film, after the first couple of minutes shitty intro by Waititi (must have been coked up, and just watched Alladin and fancied Williams's Genie role)

It's a film that looks like it needed to be churned out because the buseinss that owned it had sunk money into a project and had to speculate (with any old shite) to accumulate (any money it could get). Felt like the final nail in the coffin of the idea that Waititi has anything to say as a filmmaker.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58062 on: April 1, 2024, 11:20:12 pm »
Only about five years late but watched Green Book for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it with a couple of great performances.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58063 on: April 2, 2024, 12:07:51 am »
Andy, have you moved into a cinema or something?

Been a member of Cineworld for about 30 years :D

Try and go as often as we can - sometimes 4 or 5 times a week if there's good stuff on and we have the time :)

Some of the films though were off the TV/ Paramount+/Amazon/Netflix/Disney - got a few thingies

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58064 on: April 2, 2024, 12:12:08 am »
;D

Got conned into Next goal wins at my local picturehouse under a 'Mystery film' event - closest I can remember to walking out of a film, after the first couple of minutes shitty intro by Waititi (must have been coked up, and just watched Alladin and fancied Williams's Genie role)

It's a film that looks like it needed to be churned out because the buseinss that owned it had sunk money into a project and had to speculate (with any old shite) to accumulate (any money it could get). Felt like the final nail in the coffin of the idea that Waititi has anything to say as a filmmaker.

It's no Lost in Translation

Didn't walk out of that, sadly - although it's still the shittest film I've ever seen.

Only walked out of three films; Some American drama where a black kid gets murdered (We thought that it would be the Queen film), The mad pinnocio which was just total shite (Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio) and The Black Phone which was horrible - about a load of kids being murdered. No thanks.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #58065 on: April 2, 2024, 02:52:19 pm »
Watched Marley in the cinema on Sunday and enjoyed it. Hard not to enjoy these music biopic films like Elvis - some of them drag a bit but I didn't know much about him other than his music.

Also finally got around to watching The Gentlemen (due to all of the TV show hype). Fun movie by all accounts! Seen it all before with Snatch but still enjoyable.
JFT97

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58066 on: April 2, 2024, 03:15:54 pm »

I think the Swayze was a close friend and mentor to him so was probably just a corny passion project for him,, not seen it, I gave up after the first two minutes where he got stabbed and acted like nothing had happened :D

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #58067 on: April 2, 2024, 03:18:47 pm »
I think the Swayze was a close friend and mentor to him so was probably just a corny passion project for him,, not seen it, I gave up after the first two minutes where he got stabbed and acted like nothing had happened :D

It gets worse, once he beats up like 5 men on his own he then drives them all to hospital. At any stage these lads could just jump him in the car but they don't because that would be the end of the film  ;D

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #58068 on: April 2, 2024, 04:39:29 pm »

Don't bother, second one is shite compared to the first. Ruins anything good from the first one and trades it in for mindless story and 'action'. Just think of the first as a standalone and you'll be fine.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58069 on: April 2, 2024, 04:42:29 pm »
Don't bother, second one is shite compared to the first. Ruins anything good from the first one and trades it in for mindless story and 'action'. Just think of the first as a standalone and you'll be fine.
reassured to read your opinion. love sicario but haven't gone near the sequel - and not really felt any urge.

too many good films out there for crap like that cashgrab

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #58070 on: April 4, 2024, 01:55:11 pm »
reassured to read your opinion. love sicario but haven't gone near the sequel - and not really felt any urge.

too many good films out there for crap like that cashgrab

Sicario is one of my fav films, as I love Villenueve as a director, but the second movie is so different than the first, the direction, the writing. Absolutely ruins the Benicio Del Toro's character, he doesn't even seem like the same person as in the first movie. Defo not missing anything not seeing the sequel.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58071 on: April 5, 2024, 04:50:32 pm »
Very much enjoyed Monkey Man.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58072 on: April 5, 2024, 06:16:14 pm »
Sicario is one of my fav films, as I love Villenueve as a director, but the second movie is so different than the first, the direction, the writing. Absolutely ruins the Benicio Del Toro's character, he doesn't even seem like the same person as in the first movie. Defo not missing anything not seeing the sequel.

Agree with all of this. First is excellent, 2nd is meh.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58073 on: April 5, 2024, 09:32:11 pm »
Very much enjoyed Monkey Man.

Aside from a few lulls, it is violent as fuck. That last thirty minutes seems to have everything.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58074 on: April 5, 2024, 10:11:22 pm »
Aside from a few lulls, it is violent as fuck. That last thirty minutes seems to have everything.

Yeah, think you need that break though to recover. Thought that final act was so incentive as well.

Beforehand saw a trailer for an Indian film called 'Kill' that looks ridiculously violent. From the trailer it's basically looks like Die Hard on a Train premise, but hopefully better than Under Siege 2.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #58075 on: April 5, 2024, 10:47:45 pm »
They're making a biopic of Robbie Williams starring Robbie Williams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Man_(2024_film)
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58076 on: April 6, 2024, 09:59:03 am »

That can happen. Seen it twice in real life - but on both occasions, the knifeman was given an absolute pasting before the person called an ambulance for themselves (With the knife still in there)

I wouldn't recommend that myself as if you have a knife in you then not moving about would seem to be the best idea. Apparantly the deeper you are stabbed, the less it hurts. I have been grazed a couple of times and that really, really hurts - but that's all surface skin with all the  nerves and shit in. Again, not something I'd recommend. I'd recommend running away as fast as you can. If you see a knife. Fucking run away. Always. And twice on Sundays :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58077 on: April 6, 2024, 12:36:27 pm »
That can happen. Seen it twice in real life - but on both occasions, the knifeman was given an absolute pasting before the person called an ambulance for themselves (With the knife still in there)

Had to look twice this was you who posted this Andy

I would have had my mortgage on this being a post from Rob :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58078 on: April 6, 2024, 12:38:01 pm »

Sold

Im going next week

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58079 on: April 6, 2024, 03:13:01 pm »
Watched Ad Astra the other day.

Much better on the 2nd watch and I reckon this will be more appreciated in years gone by.

Didn't realise but it's like a Sci Fi version of Apocalypse now, the Martin Sheen type voice overs, the film set around around going on a dangerous mission.

Also read that it's a secret sequel to Space Cowboys, interesting theories on that!!. ;D

https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/s/j9P8RMndCS
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."