Author Topic: A Message to John Henry  (Read 119898 times)

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: A Message to John Henry
« Reply #920 on: December 30, 2010, 11:50:46 pm »
I hope it isn't sent to him. Half the recent signatures are filth about his wife and abuse of him and his family.

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: December 30, 2010, 11:51:59 pm »
Signed..

Please remove this man from our club
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline SYL

• Kemlynite
« Reply #922 on: December 30, 2010, 11:52:17 pm »
signed.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #923 on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:23 am »
couple of hundred short of 5,000...done...feel bad on roy...but this our club and i thought we had saved it...
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #924 on: December 31, 2010, 12:16:23 am »
Excellent letter.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Richie the red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #925 on: December 31, 2010, 12:20:05 am »
Signed, and what I really want to say to John W and Werner is that we are the fans of Liverpool, we are not fickle or swayed by our poor excuse for journalists we are brave and have, and will do in the future, stood by our team proud and loud even in the face of total adversity (3-0 down at half time in a CL league final to AC Milan an example of many). The most important message is that we are not stupid, we know football, we love football. We are, in the most, fair and knowledgeable we are known for applauding off opposition in defeat when they have deserved the win. Our reaction now regarding the manager is not some militant hangover from the battle against the old regime. It is genuine and real driven by our fear and dismay at what, under the leadership of Roy Hodgeson, is becoming of our club. I would hope by now you have gained a solid understanding of this beautiful game and I am sure you can see where we are coming from. I understand that there are not too many options out there to even start thinking of a long term solution and I can also see the importance of having a credible and competent CEO in place to jointly decide the future direction and philosophy of our club. However, I can also see us on a potentially dangerous unstoppable downward spiral. I believe that the quality of a Manager, regardless of profession, is measured by their output. A Manager who then goes on to blame the previous manager, the players, the over sized squad, the under sized squad, the weather and now US! To me is a manager not taking ownership, a manager who is not stepping up and leading the club. These are the ramblings of a manager hiding away; disguising his failings and feeding into the 'pro-English managers' (and hate LFC) tabloid media (yes SKY). The time has now come, and sadly will very soon pass, when action must be taken my hope is you have learned enough and are brave enough to step up to the plate and lead because sadly Roy is not. Be courageous, if Roy is just a ‘stop gap’ be brave enough to pick your own ‘stop gap’, take a gamble and get us back in from the cold. Its bloody desperate being a red at the moment, desperate. If you take a clever punt on a young rising star I believe we will back you 100%.

Offline The China Fox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #926 on: December 31, 2010, 12:21:14 am »
It will now hurt the club more to keep him than to let him go, due to the corrosive atmosphere keeping him will engender, which has resulted from the short-termist problems of his own making.

Signed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:23:37 am by The China Fox »
This threads gone downhill fast.
It promised so much but failed dismally.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: December 31, 2010, 12:27:58 am »
Signed
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #928 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:50 am »
Signed, and that since the beginning of his appointment as LFC manager.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: December 31, 2010, 12:58:29 am »
It's a simple back him or sack him. There's no let's wait and see option left anymore Mr.Henry, you've already used that card.

Offline Liver4pool Rubberbandit

• Anny Roader
  • To be trusted is a greater compliment than loved
« Reply #930 on: December 31, 2010, 01:12:07 am »
signed

Offline rafa4sure

• Anny Roader
« Reply #931 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:19 am »
The fans need to send a message. Keep up the anti-Hodge chants and John Henry and NESV will be "forced" to act and finally sack the cretin. I'm not holding my breath though, they've showed no signs yet that they understand the damage which is being done. Distinctly unimpressed with our owners. Tired of this saga.

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: December 31, 2010, 01:22:00 am »
signed,
for the love of god- terminate
Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #933 on: December 31, 2010, 01:23:26 am »
What's clear is that even if he makes to saturday and they win and things look up, this relationship is fractured and broken and will never be restored. Patience is a waste of time at the moment.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Classic goal

• Kopite
« Reply #934 on: December 31, 2010, 01:28:39 am »
They know exactly what we think and it's viral all around the internet. We have even seen threads and comments on here saying that every day Henry and co keep Hodgson in place, they lose their goodwill. These guys like to have good relationships with the fans so they don't want to be seen as the bad guys.

They have made it known through the press tonight, without releasing a statement or a quote, that they are not happy with Roy. If anything they maybe trying to buy time whilst the make the decision. They are stuck between a rock and hard place because as obvious as it is Roy needs to go, they don't see many viable candidates to take over and are loathe to appoint an interim - though they may have to out of necessity.

Hodgson's 'relationship' with us fans is shattered. He crossed the rubicon with his comments after the wolves match. He is not wanted here. But we have to make sure that the next move (identifying an interim) is done correctly so we don't end up back in this situation a month or two down the line.

Offline Bootle

• Legacy Fan
  • Prove that we live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #935 on: December 31, 2010, 01:34:45 am »
Buy him a big swiss clock as a retirement present and send him on him way. He shouldn't have been here, he never was.

Offline SickBoy.no

• Kopite
« Reply #936 on: December 31, 2010, 01:36:40 am »
Buy him a big swiss clock as a retirement present and send him on him way. He shouldn't have been here, he never was.

Swiss cheese or knife as a parting gift would be MORE than enough.
Knife WREEEENCH

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #937 on: December 31, 2010, 01:37:29 am »
If they have the message,why is he still in the job?

Dont be so naive mate, it takes time to sort things. Its not like turning off a computer game.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #938 on: December 31, 2010, 01:38:09 am »
Then don't sign it. It's pretty simple mate.

I've signed it, and if the guys can get our message to Mr Henry and Co, then alls the better.

I wont, wasnt having a pop at the thread mate. I clearly state that.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline kim66

• Main Stander
« Reply #939 on: December 31, 2010, 01:38:57 am »
Signed and I wish the owners would release a statement I have been checking all day to see if we have got rid of this upstart

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #940 on: December 31, 2010, 01:40:39 am »
signed

I am reluctant to wish the dismissal of  any Liverpool manager but I think his appointment was misguided in the first place and he has done nothing positive for the club.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #941 on: December 31, 2010, 01:44:03 am »
Done. 

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #942 on: December 31, 2010, 01:45:32 am »
Reluctantly signed
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #943 on: December 31, 2010, 01:59:06 am »
..................tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...................
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #944 on: December 31, 2010, 02:04:01 am »
Signed!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: December 31, 2010, 02:20:21 am »
Signed.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #946 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:02 am »
Signed   , sealed and delivered  5, 402 signatures  up to me
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #947 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:29 am »
Signed.

Sad that it comes to this, but desperate times need despearate measures and we have become a laughing stock.

I see no downside in Kenny for a fixed period to the end of the season, buying time to make the right long term choice.

John,  my preference is Rafa.  With the right infrastructure in the club and the support to buy the players he wants (not the second best he had to put up with too often), he will bring us 19 and 6.   Yiou may see this as a risk because of the history, and we will understand if you choose not to got that route. 

If the new Manager gives the club, the players and the fans, the respect they deserve he will be supported.  With time from us, and hopefully the support from you, we can put this great team back where it belongs.

Colin
Believer

Offline SpesRan

• Main Stander
« Reply #948 on: December 31, 2010, 03:30:09 am »
perhaps it is Henry who posted it?

Sabu being Henry would be a dream come true.
That or it being Mr Raffles Bennett himself.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: December 31, 2010, 03:35:50 am »
No new lfc posts. Signed ;)
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline chemeddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #950 on: December 31, 2010, 03:44:30 am »
I'm waiting for a message FROM John Henry that says "Bye Roy, Hello Rafa!"

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #951 on: December 31, 2010, 04:27:37 am »
Dear John,

It's NOT alright to be 3 points off the bottom.

It's NOT alright to be losing to 2 of 3 teams who got promoted from Division 1 this season.

It's NOT alright to be issuing post-match/mid-week half-wit comments about the state of mind of the supporters and what they are/aren't obligated to do.

It's NOT alright to be telling the protestors who were fighting to save the club that they are unwanted during match's.

It's NOT alright to be telling the media and the supporters to "judge me after 10 games" only to then discover in December we have had the WORST start in the history of the club over the last 40 years!

It's NOT alright to be sitting 3rd from bottom in November with a squad that finished 6th last season in what was an injury plagued and politically charged behind the scenes season in Rafa's worst season at the club.

It's NOT alright NOT to qualify for europe next season.

It's NOT alright to play the tactics you do Roy because its clearly NOT working and FAILING. Its DULL, BORING and PATHETIC. It is suited for a club that is aiming to finish mid table but not for a club like Liverpool who aspires to challenge for trophies and a league title.

It's NOT alright to be dragging small issues (Ayala/Liverpool vs Hull) into the media spotlight when it does neither club any good. There are more pressing issues to worry about. Ayala has gained VALUABLE first team experince. If Ayala is so valuable, what about Wilson? Agger? Aren't they ahead of Ayala in the squad?

It's NOT alright to be trying to sign mid table/average players like Charlton Cole. It's EMBARRASSING.

It's NOT alright to be bullshitting the supporters that Man Utd were lucky to have won at Old Trafford when quite rightly. were were SHITE for all of 85 minutes and lucky not to be 4-0 down at half time!

It's NOT alright to be out played for 75% of a match against the likes of Blackpool, Birmingham, Sunderland, Wolves (90 minutes!) and Northampton. It's EMBARRASSING.

It's NOT alright to be slagging off your team when its YOUR training sessions, YOUR coach's, YOUR tactics, YOUR line up's and YOUR decision making that has resulted in a squad that had the MOST number of premier league players at the world cup last summer and finished 6th in the league last season.

I can/could go on...........but I think you get my POINT why the longer he stays, the worse things are going to get. This has to rank as one of the most embarrassing episodes in my life time following Liverpool Football Club after the signings of Julian Dicks and Paul Stewart.

If ever there was an anti-climax to the start of a football season in recent times, it has to be the appointment of Roy Hodgson. Many knowledable supporters already knew when the season started what would transpire. And how awful it feels to be proven right about a man who hasn't got a clue what it takes to manage a world class team and who is a winner.

He has to go.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: December 31, 2010, 04:30:52 am »

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #953 on: December 31, 2010, 04:33:45 am »

Respect to the guys who wrote and took the decision to publish the OP.

Offline davegc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #954 on: December 31, 2010, 04:36:31 am »
I read this on Damien Comolli's Wiki page....

"He was born in Béziers, France, and played as a youth team player at AS Monaco. In 1992, he began a successful three-year coaching job with Monaco, where he looked after the club's Under-16 squads and won the state championship at that level. Comolli completed a law degree in 1995 and gained his French coaching licence."

Would that French coaching license allow him to fill in for Roy?

Offline La Niña

• Main Stander
  • Gone but never forgotten. JFT96
« Reply #955 on: December 31, 2010, 07:51:11 am »
Signed.
Would really love to have Kenny in. He has the obvious emotional attachment, good coaching credibility, and knows what Liverpool are all about. Pretty much stating the obvious here but he's my first choice! I dont know enough about foreign managers to have an opinion, so Kenny is the man for me!
"It is not about the name on the back, it is about the crest over the heart."

Justice for the 96
DON'T BUY THE S*N.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/meghannicolee13

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #956 on: December 31, 2010, 07:59:51 am »
I read this on Damien Comolli's Wiki page....

"He was born in Béziers, France, and played as a youth team player at AS Monaco. In 1992, he began a successful three-year coaching job with Monaco, where he looked after the club's Under-16 squads and won the state championship at that level. Comolli completed a law degree in 1995 and gained his French coaching licence."

Would that French coaching license allow him to fill in for Roy?

Interesting point. Does Kenny hold a UEFA lic.?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline loon the red

• Main Stander
« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2010, 08:14:35 am »
Signed...

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2010, 08:21:09 am »
Best let him go now JH, he can go out tonight and get pissed and forget he was ever here then. Last time we where in the 2nd division we had little white programs I don't want to see us back to those days after all that has built since we arrived in the top tier of football, do the math's after half a season John we'll be lucky to survive if the current form continues, and tremors of discontent on Wednesday will erupt into a full scale explosion of hate for Roy that none of want to see.

Signed.
 You can't win them all Roy in fact you cant win many at all, close the door on your way out please.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2010, 08:22:00 am »
Interesting point. Does Kenny hold a UEFA lic.?

I don't think it would matter for a temporary role, there have been plenty of exceptions to the rule (whatever that is)