Author Topic: Kicking Off in Iran....Again  (Read 25239 times)

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Re: Kicking Off in Iran....Again
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2022, 09:39:41 pm »
I can't imagine many of the Iranian football team planning to protest unless they're not expecting to be going home anytime soon?  What about their families?  I can certainly expect the Iranian authorities to hold them in "protective custody" for the duration of the tournament?

Probably the best protest they can give is to lose every game nine nil or something.

I can tell you currently the mood in Iran is, they hate this team and almost everyone I know is cheering for England on Monday.

Them not only meeting with the butcher, but to BOW DOWN and boot-lick in their speeches, while streets of Iran are literal war-zones now (I'll post tweets to vids from tonight) in next post has been unforgivable. The same pressure was on other sport teams like Beach football, or Basketball or Volleyball, yet they showed much better protest forms.

Ali Karimi made a story and called this team "Islamic Republic National Team".....I've seen videos of 3 national team footy banners being set to fire in different cities of Iran in the last 2 nights.

Also last night, ex-NT goalkeeper (20 caps) was arrested at the protests....the main CB of Persepolis (again the best team) was also arrested while trying to save a female protestor from arrest and instead he got arrested and let her run away.

I'll post many tweets to events of last 2 days in about half hour.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2022, 10:18:11 pm »
For live video updates, these 2 twitter accounts or the most popular in the sphere:

https://twitter.com/1500tasvir

https://twitter.com/Vahid

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2022, 08:43:07 am »
Wow. They’ve set fire to the museum to Khomeini

https://twitter.com/fridaghitis/status/1593431207265665025?s=46&t=z-9HHgzzkjocHHqitx5oVA

Why isn’t this headline news? Iran is such an enormous important country
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2022, 01:29:54 pm »
^^ Yea. Also parts of the main clerical school in Qom was set to fire too.

Alright, I try to explain one of the the most gut-wrenching crimes of the last 60 days that happened on Wednesday and it's shook Iran and Iranians.

https://www.rferl.org/a/iran-9-year-old-pirfalak-killed/32137429.html

Kian Pirfalak, a 9-year-old boy from southwestern Iran, hoped to become a robotics engineer.

But those dreams were dashed when he was killed on November 16 amid antiestablishment protests in Izeh, a city in Khuzestan Province.

State media said Pirfalak was killed in a “terrorist attack” when gunmen on motorbikes shot dead seven people, including six government security personnel.

But Pirfalak’s mother blamed security forces who she said "shot repeatedly at" their car, killing her son and wounding her husband.

“Hear my words about what happened,” said Zeynab Molaeirad, according to videos uploaded on social media. “Don’t say they were terrorists, they are lying.”

In the videos, Molaeirad is addressing the hundreds of mourners who attended her son’s funeral on November 18.

A day earlier, Molaeirad took to Instagram to condemn the authorities. “Damn you! How could you? He was only 9. [You] filthy Islamic republic,” she wrote.

Pirfalak is one of at least 43 children killed in the government's brutal crackdown on nationwide anti-establishment protests that erupted in September, according to the Oslo-based Iran Human Rights. Overall, at least 342 people are believed to have been killed and around 14,000 arrested across the country.

Two other boys -- 14-year-old Sepehr Maghsoodi and 14-year-old, Artin Rahmani -- were also reported to have been killed in Khuzestan in recent days.

The protests erupted after Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman, died on September 16 just days after she was arrested by Iran’s morality police for allegedly violating the country’s law on wearing the Islamic head scarf. What began as protests against the brutal enforcement of the mandatory hijab has snowballed into one of the biggest threats to Iran’s clerical establishment, which has ruled the country since the Islamic Revolution in 1979.

Kian with his family were in the car on Wednesday night when mass protests was happening in city of Izeh. According to Kian's mom's words in the funeral, after they passed an intersection and saw the road blocked, the security forces asked them to return. Kian reportedly asked his dad to trust the police this time. When they returned, their car was repeatedly shot at by security forces. Kian was a little chubby and couldn't hide behind his seat in time, and hence was hit by bullets and died on the spot. Kian's dad was severely injured, losing consciousness.

Now for you, to understand the depth of Islamic Republic's evilness and trauma we go through.....Kian's dad was immediately transported to a hospital in city of Ahvaz, the capital of the province, in an artificial coma. Kian's mom REFUSED to have Kian's body transported to a funeral home in FEAR of IRGC goons stealing his dead body, and not returning it for funeral, unless she gives a forced confession that it was the protestors that shot at their family.

Kian's mom kept the dead body of his 9 year-old son cold, by putting ice around it and asking neighbours for ice. Can you imagine this? There are photos of it....

Yesterday morning, in Kian's funeral (while husband was still in artificial coma), he told the truth of what happened. She told how Kian loved engineering and had won prizes in some child-engineering fairs. She told the story of Kian asking his dad to trust the police this time and then that was the last moments of his life. She also went on a tirade on Instagram against the regime.

Hours later, reports came that the IRGC forces had gone to the hospital that Kian's dad is battling for his life at , needing urgent surgery. They disrupted surgery taking place, unless Kian's mom would give a forced confession in this evening that her instagram account was hacked and what she said in the funeral was perceived differently bla bla and it was terrorists who shot him, in order to have her husband go through surgery and survive.

This video of Kian, testing his invention, starting it with saying: "In the name of god of the rainbow" has exploded in Iranian social media.

https://twitter.com/NazaninBoniadi/status/1593230448020557824?s=20&t=peMySsZ83s658wcGgXTeqw

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2022, 04:37:09 pm »
Shot for honking his horn   :no

World Cup 2022: Iranian man killed celebrating football team's loss - report

A man is reported to have been killed by security forces in northern Iran, as anti-government protesters publicly celebrated the national football team's elimination from the World Cup.

Activists said Mehran Samak was shot in the head after he honked his car's horn in Bandar Anzali on Tuesday night.

Videos from other cities showed crowds cheering and dancing in the streets.

Many Iranians refused to support their football team in Qatar, seeing it as a representation of the Islamic Republic.

State-affiliated media blamed hostile forces both inside and outside Iran for putting unfair pressure on the players following their 1-0 loss to the USA in the final group game.

The players did not sing the national anthem before their first game, a 6-2 defeat by England, in an apparent expression of solidarity with the protesters.

But they did sing at the Wales game, which they won 2-0, and at the politically-charged showdown against the USA.

Some protesters saw that as a betrayal of their cause even though there were reports that the team came under intense pressure from Iranian authorities.

The unrest started 10 weeks ago following the death in custody of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman arrested by morality police in Tehran for allegedly violating the strict rules requiring women to cover their hair with a hijab.

Authorities have responded to what they have portrayed as foreign-backed "riots" with a violent crackdown in which the Norway-based group Iran Human Rights says at least 448 people have been killed, including 60 children. More than 18,000 others are reported to have been arrested.

Iran Human Rights reported that security personnel shot and killed Mehran Samak, 27, when he honked his car's horn in the Caspian Sea city of Bandar Anzali on Tuesday night to celebrate the Iranian football team's defeat.

BBC Persian obtained a video that showed Mr Samak's burial on Wednesday morning. The mourners can be heard chanting "You are the filth, you are the immoral, I am a free woman" - a slogan frequently used during the protests.

Iranian security forces have denied killing peaceful protesters.

However, the opposition activist collective 1500tasvir posted videos that it said showed security forces opening fire at people in the south-western city of Behbahan overnight and beating a woman in Qazvin, south of Bandar Anzali.

Other videos showed men and women celebrating the World Cup elimination in Tehran and a number of cities in the predominantly Kurdish north-west of the country. Dozens of protesters have reportedly been killed in recent weeks there as security forces intensified their crackdown.

In footage from Mahsa Amini's home city of Saqqez, dozens of people could be seen cheering and waving scarves in a main square before fireworks are set off.

Another video obtained by BBC Persian showed a male protester being violently arrested by security guards outside the stadium while shouting "Woman, life, freedom".

Asked about the treatment of Iranian spectators who staged protests in Qatar, football's world governing body Fifa said it continued "to work closely with the host country to ensure the full implementation of related regulations and agreed protocols".

State-affiliated media in Iran meanwhile praised the national football team despite their failure to qualify for the World Cup's knockout stages.

The conservative Farhikhtegan newspaper said "we are proud of Iran", while the Revolutionary Guards-linked daily Javan said the team had "won the real game: the game of uniting people's hearts".

Before the match, the hard-line Tasnim news agency rejected a report by CNN, which cited an unnamed security source as saying that the Revolutionary Guards had threatened the families of the Iranian players with "imprisonment and torture" if they did not "behave".
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #167 on: December 8, 2022, 11:06:01 am »
I don't use Reddit what does it say?

if you click on the link you'll see the video
Believer

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 8, 2022, 11:09:09 am »
if you click on the link you'll see the video

It doesn't mate.  I've got to either download the app or try and find what I'm looking for scrolling through all kinds of Reddit shit.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #169 on: December 8, 2022, 11:16:13 am »
Iran carries out first execution over anti-government protests
He was accused of being a "rioter" who blocked a main road in Tehran in September and wounded a member of a paramilitary force with a machete.
An activist said he was convicted after a "show trial without any due process".
I can’t stand this type of reporting, you’d think the scandal here was court procedure rather than what’s actually happening.  This is what comes of rights inflation - people focus on what’s measurable rather than what’s important.  Amnesty are quoted further down the story as well, talking about the partiality of the court.  Nobody making the obvious point.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #170 on: December 8, 2022, 11:25:48 am »
It doesn't mate.  I've got to either download the app or try and find what I'm looking for scrolling through all kinds of Reddit shit.

Ah right, assume you're on your phone... I'm on a browser and it just went straight to the vid for me
Believer

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #171 on: December 8, 2022, 11:28:17 am »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 8, 2022, 11:39:55 am »
Ah right, assume you're on your phone... I'm on a browser and it just went straight to the vid for me

Yeah I am mate.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 8, 2022, 11:50:28 am »
Yeah I am mate.

Spoiler
it's clips of people flipping turbans off the heads of mullahs in the street, etc, as an act of defiance against the evil scum
[close]
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 8, 2022, 11:56:37 am »

Spoiler
it's clips of people flipping turbans off the heads of mullahs in the street, etc, as an act of defiance against the evil scum
[close]

Thanks mate.  Is that considered enough for the death penalty there?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 8, 2022, 12:08:11 pm »
Thanks mate.  Is that considered enough for the death penalty there?

It wouldn't surprise me. That regime is evil to the core (the bizarre thing is that many/most will think they're being virtuous and good, doing 'god's' work...)

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #176 on: December 8, 2022, 12:18:49 pm »
They probably don’t. It’s probably just like the use of religion in the west - an easy route to power & a tool for oppression.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 8, 2022, 12:46:14 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me. That regime is evil to the core (the bizarre thing is that many/most will think they're being virtuous and good, doing 'god's' work...)

I'm sure the US bible belt would agree.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #178 on: December 8, 2022, 11:46:33 pm »
This young man was charged with "street obstruction" by the clerical fascists - and executed.

https://twitter.com/1500tasvir_en/status/1600827123429961733
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 8, 2022, 11:55:30 pm »
It was montage of young Iranians being videoed knocking the headwear of the Clerics and giving them the finger.

Seems to be a viral movement, great to see the young Iranians starting to rebel against that disgusting theocratic regime.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 9, 2022, 06:40:08 am »
Just shows that religion is used as Control. 

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 9, 2022, 08:32:54 am »
Just shows that religion is used as Control.

No shit, Sherlock  ;)

I'm doubtful that is the fundation to all religion, just the modern ones - Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2022, 08:36:14 am by Red-Soldier »

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 9, 2022, 08:33:05 am »
It was montage of young Iranians being videoed knocking the headwear of the Clerics and giving them the finger.

Seems to be a viral movement, great to see the young Iranians starting to rebel against that disgusting theocratic regime.

Thanks mate 👍

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 9, 2022, 09:44:54 am »
I'm doubtful that is the fundation to all religion, just the modern ones - Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc.

There's few that start off that way. I guess Scientology, which is just a 'religious cult' variation on pyramid marketing, and some of the offshoot Christianist religions like Mormonism/the Jehovahs arsehole, etc.

Most religions only became corrupted when those in power latched onto them. The Christianist religion is fascinating, as we have some proper examples of before and after 'power' got hold of it.

Before: lots of individual sects believing in different interpetations of the Jesus thing, following different gospels and their own set of practices and customs.
After: a series of synods decides which gospels & books to include in a 'one true version' of Christianity (based largely on political considerations), then declares all the rest heresy, periodically going on missions to murder the other sects out of existence. Charming people, the Roman Catholic Church...

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 9, 2022, 10:04:46 am »
No shit, Sherlock  ;)

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 9, 2022, 10:21:17 am »
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Most modern societies do exactly the same, they just bypass the middleman now as they don't feel the need to work in secret anymore.

Popcorn's Art

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 9, 2022, 10:56:50 am »

Most modern societies do exactly the same, they just bypass the middleman now as they don't feel the need to work in secret anymore.

Now it’s money or debt that enslaves people

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2022, 09:55:38 pm »

'FIFPRO is shocked and sickened by reports that professional footballer Amir Nasr-Azadani faces execution in Iran after campaigning for women’s rights and basic freedom in his country.

We stand in solidarity with Amir and call for the immediate removal of his punishment.'

^ from https://twitter.com/fifpro/status/1602410644409618461

An article with some more info - https://iranwire.com/en/politics/111162-footballer-amir-nasr-azadani-in-danger-of-execution

Earlier today Iran publicly executed a protester by hanging him from a crane:-

www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/12/scores-of-executions-feared-in-iran-as-23-year-old-hanged-in-public-execution
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2022, 10:49:53 pm »
What an inhuman bunch of utter, utter barbarians; sickening.

Ayatollahs - very old men who are of the same mindset as the very old men who convince much younger men that suicide bombing of infidels is a great idea because paradise and virgins awaits. Do those young men ever stop to think, “why is this old bugger still here then?”
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2022, 08:55:25 pm »
A young protestor's dying wish. Unbelievable courage:

https://twitter.com/ksadjadpour/status/1603372103318773761

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2022, 10:18:46 pm »
A young protestor's dying wish. Unbelievable courage:

https://twitter.com/ksadjadpour/status/1603372103318773761
Incredibly brave both in his actions which led him to that situation and how he's then handling it.  Hopefully some good can eventually come from all of this.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2022, 10:54:02 pm »
What do dictators do when the people are no longer afraid of dying? There are only so many examples of individuals you can make.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2022, 11:43:13 pm »
What do dictators do when the people are no longer afraid of dying? There are only so many examples of individuals you can make.
They kill more.. :(

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2022, 10:35:14 pm »
Either they're working on premise that by one of societies highest profile people the average citizen will feel that no one os safe and the protests will die down. Or, this is genuinely as first class fck up and the protests accelerate and expand across the whole country.

Iranian actor Taraneh Alidoosti arrested after criticism of death penalty
Detention of one of Iran’s most famous performers sign state wants to crack down on celebrities who challenge regime.

Taraneh Alidoosti, one of Iran’s most famous actors, has been detained by security forces in Tehran days after she criticised the state’s use of the death penalty against protesters.

She had previously posted a picture of herself on her Instagram page in which she was not wearing the hijab and holding a piece of paper reading “women, life, freedom” – the slogan that has come to encapsulate the fight against the current Iranian regime.

Alidoosti is regarded as one of the most influential Iranian actors of her generation, and her arrest is a sign that the state wants to crack down on celebrities, artists and sports personalities who have used their platform to challenge the regime.

It is not known which department of Iran’s multilayered security services took her from her home, but the Tehran prosecutor’s office alleged Alidoosti had failed to provide documentation to justify her provocative remarks. News of her arrest was conveyed by Samia Mirshamsi, a film director.

Mirshamsi said Alidoosti’s home had been searched and it was not known where she was. Later, the judicial news agency Mizan confirmed Alidoosti’s arrest, saying her case was being investigated further.

Alidoosti has won multiple awards in her career, most notably when The Salesman, in which she starred, won an Oscar for best foreign film in 2016.

The Tasnim news agency, which is close to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards, said she had been arrested due to her decision to publish false and distorted content that incited riots and supported anti-Iranian movements.

The picture of Alidoosti without a hijab has been liked more than 1m times. It appeared that her Instagram account, which had more than 8m followers, had been shut down. In her last Instagram post, the actor said: “His name was Mohsen Shekari. Every international organization who is watching this bloodshed and not taking action, is a disgrace to humanity.”

Shekari was executed on 8 December after being charged by an Iranian court with blocking a street in Tehran and injuring a member of the country’s security forces with a machete.

Alidoosti’s father, Hamid Alidoosti, played football for Iran’s national team and was the first Iranian to play for a foreign team.

Fluent in German and English, Alidoosti has also translated books by Alice Munro and Nicole Krauss from English to Persian.

She had vowed not to leave Iran, writing: “I do not have a passport or residence anywhere except Iran. I’ll stay and look you straight in the eyes like all these normal people when I scream for my rights.

“I’ve inherited this courage from the women of my land, who for years have been living their lives, every day with resistance … I will stay, I will not quit, I will stand with the families of the prisoners and murdered and demand their rights. I will fight for my home, I will pay whatever it takes to stand up for my rights, and most importantly: I believe in what we are building together today.”

In the latest phase of the crackdown, Iran appears to be targeting celebrities and journalists who they believe are inculcating western values into a young generation.

A press photographer and former member of Iran’s national rowing team was sentenced to seven years in prison, a ban on leaving the country for two years, and 74 lashes for allegedly participating in rallies and propaganda against the regime.

Aria Jafari is a member of the trade association of press photographers of Iran and, in November 2014, was arrested for photographing the protest gathering of the people of Isfahan against acid attacks and social insecurity. His recent arrest took place in his house in Isfahan.

The verdict is not final and it is possible to appeal. If the sentence is confirmed, a five-year prison sentence will be implemented.

In another blow to judicial independence, Mohammad Ali Kamfirouzi, the lawyer of two female journalists detained after reporting the death of a woman in custody, was himself arrested.

Kamfirouzi’s own lawyer, Mohammad Ali Bagherpour, was cited as saying his client had not received a summons, was unaware of the charges he faced and that he had been detained without any legal formalities.

His brother said he held the judiciary “responsible for protecting my brother’s life and health”.

Among Kamfirouzi’s clients were Niloofar Hamedi and Elahe Mohammadi, the two female journalists arrested after covering Mahsa Amini’s death and its aftermath.

Hamedi, who works at the reformist newspaper Shargh, was detained on 20 September after visiting the hospital where Amini had spent three days in a coma before her death.

Mohammadi, a journalist at Ham Mihan, was taken into custody on 29 September after she travelled to Amini’s home town of Saqez in Kurdistan province to report on her funeral.

The pair were charged on 8 November with propaganda against the state and conspiring against national security – capital crimes under the sharia law in force in Iran.

According to the latest report of the Iranian Human Rights Organization, which was published on Saturday, at least 469 people, including 63 children and 32 women, have been killed by the security and law enforcement forces of the Islamic Republic since the beginning of nationwide protests.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/17/iranian-actor-taraneh-alidoosti-arrested-after-criticism-of-death-penalty
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2022, 08:56:44 pm »
Might not have made big headlines, but Ali Daei is essentially being held hostage by the regime now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64097382

He and his family were on a commercial flight that was diverted to stop them fleeing
W

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2022, 04:56:23 pm »
^ Came to post the above.

Just the whole nation is hostage to these terrorists. All their insanely desperate acts make me more optimistic that the end is near ...

This video will make you weep....but it's the embodiment of the pain and sorrow of Iranian society now.

https://twitter.com/TheDrIman/status/1607544644644253701

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2022, 05:24:08 pm »
Hopefully this will be the last full year of the Iranian Theocracy.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2022, 06:02:26 pm »
Hopefully this will be the last full year of the Iranian Theocracy.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they call on Putin to help them terrorise their own people.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2022, 06:11:25 pm »
Wouldn’t be surprised if they call on Putin to help them terrorise their own people.

He's pretty stretched at the moment isn't he?

And I'm not talking about his face lift.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2022, 06:17:06 pm »
He's pretty stretched at the moment isn't he?

And I'm not talking about his face lift.

His Air Force is pretty unemployed at the mo, what with the Ukrainian Nazi Wehrmacht having all those nasty and unfair Western supplied anti aircraft projectiles.

The Iranian protester however………