Eel Lobo
9 (24.3%)
Foregone Hazell
11 (29.7%)
Tubby
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 11, 2019, 01:55:51 pm

Author Topic: Balkan XI Draft:: Sir Psycho vs Eel Lobo, Group C, F.Hazell vs Tubby, Group D  (Read 1137 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
 :wave

Sir Psycho

Eel Lobo

Sir Psycho
Ladic - A safe pair of hands, and third place in the 98 world cup. That'll do. No one pays attention to keepers anyway right?

Branko Stankovic - Earned the nickname 'The Ambassador' due to his classy playing style. He'll offer support down the right, allowing Olic to cut inside.

Papadopoulos - Was almost a red, but injuries scuppered the move. During the season of his most appearances, he assisted Shalke in winning the DFB Pokal, with a clean sheet in the final and getting them to the CL semis. Their highest finish.

Vidic - He's a manc, so I'll keep it short. PFA team f the season regular, Player of the season winner in 08/09. 10/11. League and CL winner. Dominating in the air, and hard in the tackle. He's the leader of the backline and will take the other crazy bastard, Papa, under his wing.

Ivica Surjak - Yugoslav Player of the year in 1976. Just don't let him near a speedboat.

Nemanja Matic - 'The Spider'. Serb player of the year in 2014 and 2015. Another manc, but made his name at Chelsea. Before that though, was Primeira Player of the Tear playing with Benfica, then went on to establish himself as one of the top defensive mids in the league as he was named in the team of the season the following year, as Chelsea won the league. Also capable of a screamer, as his Puskas award runner up goal shows. He will provide the backline with a defensive shield, as a dedicated defensive mid, allowing Altintop to be more box to box.

Hamit Altintop - Speaking of the Puskas award, here is 2010s winner. Had an impressive year in 2008 as he won Bundesliga and was in Euro 2008 Team of the Tournament, earning the most assists. Also named in the bundesliga team of the season during his Shale days in 05/06. Altintop will be providing attacking and defensive support, drifting to the right on occasion to take up the space Olic will leave when he cuts inside, meaning Stankovic is not solely responsible to provide width there.

Krassimir Balakov - Part of Stuttgart's 'Magic Triangle' in the 90s, and one of Bulgaria's finest players, Balakov is a creative force. Voted Stuttgart's best player of all time, he won the DFB Pokal with them in 96/97. Balakov was included in the World Cup all star team in 94, bundesliga team of the season for 3 straight seasons (95-96, 96-97, 97-98) and earned Bulgarian player of the year in 1995 and 1997, Balakov will be the main playmaker alongside Dzagic in this team, to provide Jovic the ammunition he needs to score.

Dragan Dzagic - A Yugoslav Legend. One of the best LW of the game. Euro Team of the Tournamen tin 1968 and 76, being top scorer in 68. Balon D'or 3rd place in 1968.
Due to his ability this means Surjak is not relied upon heavily to provide attacking support down the left, meaning the team's shape can remain defensively stable. Dzagic with his creativity and goal scoring prowess means he can take the pressure off the young Jovic.

Ivica Olic - Croatian Footballer of the year 2009 and 2010. A pacy player who will run in behind and stretch defences. His ex-national team manager, Slaven Bilić described him as a typical "match-winner" and "king of important matches". He'll provide striker support for Jovic by drifting in from the right.

Luka Jovic - The youngster, signed to Real Madrid, Has taken the Bundesliga by storm with Eintracht Frankfurt, but also being included in Europa League Team of the Tournament this season. Helped Frankfurt to winning the DFB Pokal in 17/18, with a decisive goal in the semi final. Powerful in the air, two footed and clinical, at 20 years old he scored 5 goals in 1 match this season. He has scored frequently from crosses, and this is where a deadly link with Dzagic will be formed. With the assistance of Dzagic, Olic, Balakov and Altintop, he'll have the chances he needs to get on the scoresheet, and has the more experienced players around him to lead the attack take goalscoring responsibility themselves.

Foregone Hazell

Tubby

Foregone Hazell

Although Kyrgiakos lacks pace, he was solid defender and a Greek God. Corluka can cover him if necessary anyway and with Shaqiri and Salihamidzic out wide on their 'correct' side, Strinic and Seitaridis can also cover without worrying about venturing too far forward. This is because Tugay will be able to drop deeper and dictate play with Inler doing the dirty work, so to speak. Shaqiri and Salihamdizic will therefore be able to stay out wide and be in space to collect the ball or come inside (ooh-err) if the opposition fullback follows them too far wide. Their trickery/pace means either suits them fine. The former will allow them to get crosses in, David Moyes style to one of Gareth Keenan's dad's favourite footballers, Darko Kovacevic, and to Stoichkov whilst the latter will mean Stoichkov will be able to cause havoc from deeper as he links up with the wide players and ex-Sheffield Wednesday legend Kovacevic. Either way, the opposition is in trouble. The team will be backed ably by Stelea in goal, my second favourite goalkeeper with Bogdan in their name.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

I think I selected the option where votes aren't displayed until the voting closes by mistake  ;D

In any case I can't edit it now, and so we will find out as a surprise tomorrow who wins :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I voted for Sir Psycho too just to see how bad it can be :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan

If you lose by a vote you only have yourself to blame  ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I think I selected the option where votes aren't displayed until the voting closes by mistake  ;D

In any case I can't edit it now, and so we will find out as a surprise tomorrow who wins :D

Makes it all the more interesting for the rest of us.

For those in these matches though, Good Luck! It's not going to be easy not knowing how many ahead or behind and then when the voting closes, bam!

• Legacy Fan
Makes it all the more interesting for the rest of us.

For those in these matches though, Good Luck! It's not going to be easy not knowing how many ahead or behind and then when the voting closes, bam!

I think I may stick with this option for the rest of the matches, makes it more interesting. No one can complain until voting closes  ;D

• Legacy Fan
In the first match I like the pace and the with that Sir P's team provides, and has a solid defensive unit. However I also like Lobo's creativity in midfield and I think that's where he is the strongest in.

really interesting match up

In the other match up, neither back fours overall are filled with solidity but the attacking options are really fun.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
In the first match I like the pace and the with that Sir P's team provides, and has a solid defensive unit. However I also like Lobo's creativity in midfield and I think that's where he is the strongest in.

really interesting match up

In the other match up, neither back fours overall are filled with solidity but the attacking options are really fun.

I think Bilic was a good defender (although levelled out by Dabizas) and Contra was pretty decent player too (although he did concede 5 against us in that boring UEFA Cup final in 2001 :P)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I think Bilic was a good defender (although levelled out by Dabizas) and Contra was pretty decent player too (although he did concede 5 against us in that boring UEFA Cup final in 2001 :P)

The more I think of this match-up, the closer it seems to me.

• Legacy Fan

Was thinking more of the collective together how they are defensively rather than just individual quality.

Both of these matches are really close imo.

eager to see what the results will be

• Legacy Fan
Over soon,get your votes in

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Hey lads!  Be sure to volunteer (for those that have yet to) for the pre-game write ups for LFC this year.  BD Nick & Hazell are in!

We need scribes to write the first post as we begin another epic year.  Still some 30 odd games not accounted for in the season.  After this Balkan draft, I know you lads have it in you to produce some quality analysis.  Oh, and you might get a vote from me if you do it soon, as every year Titi puts in the time to only have people back out or to have to scramble to get writers at the last moment (not because of his planning mind you).   

Lets sign up early and often for RAWK, and please contact Titi Camara with your availability (you can take two games if you want)

Friendly
Tranmere Rovers - July Thu 11th 19:30 - Titi Camara ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bradford City - July Sun 14th 15:00
Borussia Dortmund - July Sat 20th 1:00
Sevilla - July Sun 21st 23:00
Sporting CP - July Thu 25th 1:00
SSC Napoli - July Sun 28th 17:00 - HBHR
Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00

Charity Shield
Manchester City - August Sun 4th 15:00

Super Cup
Chelsea - August Wed 14th 20:00

Premier League
Liverpool vs. Norwich City - August Fri 9th 19:45 - BIG DICK NICK
Southampton vs. Liverpool - August Sat 17th 15:00 - Trendisnotdestiny
Liverpool vs. Arsenal - August Sat 24th 15:00 - E2K
Burnley vs. Liverpool - August Sat 31st 15:00
Liverpool vs. Newcastle United - September Sat 14th 15:00 - HBHR
Chelsea vs. Liverpool - September Sat 21st 15:00 - Corkboy
Sheffield United vs. Liverpool - September Sat 28th 15:00 -
Liverpool vs. Leicester City - October Sat 5th 15:00 - Grobbelrevell
Manchester United vs. Liverpool - October Sat 19th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur - October Sat 26th 15:00
Aston Villa vs. Liverpool - November Sat 2nd 15:00
Liverpool vs. Manchester City - November Sat 9th 15:00 -Yorkykopite
Crystal Palace vs. Liverpool - November Sat 23rd 15:00
Liverpool vs. Brighton & Hove Albion - November Sat 30th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Everton - December Wed 4th 19:45
Bournemouth vs. Liverpool - December Sat 7th 15:00 - Foregone Conclusion
Liverpool vs. Watford - December Sat 14th 15:00
West Ham United vs. Liverpool - December Sat 21st 15:00
Leicester City vs. Liverpool - December Thu 26th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers - December Sat 28th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Sheffield United - January Wed 1st 15:00
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool - January Sat 11th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Manchester United - January Sat 18th 15:00
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Liverpool - January Tue 21st 19:45
Liverpool vs. Southampton - February Sat 1st 15:00
Norwich City vs. Liverpool - February Sat 8th 15:00
Liverpool vs. West Ham United - February Sat 22nd 15:00 - Trendisnotdestiny
Watford vs. Liverpool - February Sat 29th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Bournemouth - March Sat 7th 15:00
Everton vs. Liverpool - March Sat 14th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace - March Sat 21st 15:00 - HBHR
Manchester City vs. Liverpool - April Sat 4th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Aston Villa - April Sat 11th 15:00
Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Liverpool - April Sat 18th 15:00
Liverpool vs. Burnley - April Sat 25th 15:00
Arsenal vs. Liverpool - May Sat 2nd 15:00
Liverpool vs. Chelsea - May Sat 9th 15:00 - E2K
Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - May Sun 17th 15:00 - Hellrazor
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
Wow, first match ended in a draw. Congratulations to Sir P for advancing through and to Hazell as well. One more group match left, and we'll be in the knock out stages

Group A winner ? v Group B runner up [deFacto]
Group A runner up ? v Group B winner [Viva Betty]

Group C winner [Sir Psycho] v Group D runner up [Foregone Hazell]
Group D winner [Jersey Kopite] v Group C runner up [Trend]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

You'd have won if you'd not have voted at all  :o

• Legacy Fan

• Legacy Fan
and gone through the next round!!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️