Poll

Please select the winner from the following match:

Nick vs
4 (40%)
mikey_LFC
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 09:32:22 pm

Author Topic: AFCON/Copa America Draft - Semi Finals 1 (again, again) - One hour only  (Read 760 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Hello and welcome to the Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America semi final voting (again). Seeing as we drew the last semi final, we've decided to have a replay. With that in mind, the teams are below and the winner after an hour will progress through to the final.

BIG DICK NICK    vs    mikey

vs   
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Mikey. Centre backs and Pele. Sorted
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I'm a balance man. Mikey has the names, but I prefer the overall strength across the field of Nick's team.

He also bribed me to say this.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I'm a balance man. Mikey has the names, but I prefer the overall strength across the field of Nick's team.

He also bribed me to say this.

I’d say almost the opposite. Nick has the names and I’ve got the balance / strength across the field. His side is very heavily weighted to his attack. Not much going on in the middle.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Love both teams really!  Can we kick Hazell out of the final?

Have these two play best 4 out 7 -----> with 10 new random voters?

This would be much more fair!   Long winded way of saying that I stuck with my initial pick of Mikey --- Pele/CB's along with Viva

Hey one more suggestion.  Soccer is a team sport --- teams versus individuals (where each individual has to contribute to 25% of the total draft overhaul.   And then, we vote on who picks the best Keepers/Strikers, best midfielders, best defenders, best partnerships -- along with the best team to see who can do the job and in the framework of a team shape.

Okay... done taking the pizz
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I’d say almost the opposite. Nick has the names and I’ve got the balance / strength across the field. His side is very heavily weighted to his attack. Not much going on in the middle.

You also have Antonio Valencia. That in itself is a crime against drafting.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You also have Antonio Valencia. That in itself is a crime against drafting.

Actually, while being a right prick (Antonio), I have always considered him a much bigger talent than many give him credit for --- been a long term international, played in multiple positions for the mancs (different skill sets - crossing, ball winning, work rate) and was a solid player -- not someone who got exposed over and over again.

Now, I am not saying he was world class, but he was not too far off being one as an international and good player on a top team for a decade.

He would be someone who does not get the credit he deserves (unlike the jacknuts like Ashley Young who is a poser douche).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 10:40:09 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Well done mikey

Commiserations Nick.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Exclusive image of Nick right now:

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Actually it’s getting quite late.

Congrats Mikey!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
People slating Mikey having Antonio Valencia are actually overlooking the fact that professional waste of space Jon Obi Mikel has also made the final. And he too is sort of Manc by association.

Shameful days.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

This is my all time favorite gif (I think its when Sturridge gets #5 against the bitters).  Such pleasant memories.

Nick you deserved better!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: