Author Topic: Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America Draft General Discussion Thread  (Read 32203 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
What's the thinking behind it being a Balkans draft rather than an Eastern Bloc one? Surprisingly we've never done one of those on Rawk.

Huge personal bias since I'm from there, and I'm nostalgic about what could have been on the pitch had politics not have ruined our lives  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:48:48 pm by deFacto »

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Huge personal bias since I'm from there, and I'm nostalgic about what could have been on the pitch had politics not have ruined our lives  ;D

Haha fair enough. We can always do an Eastern Bloc another time. Hope you'll give us some more of your story in the pitch for the draft. Always nice to create a bit of narrative :)
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Haha fair enough. We can always do an Eastern Bloc another time. Hope you'll give us some more of your story in the pitch for the draft. Always nice to create a bit of narrative :)

I'm all for it,all sorts of interesting ideas for us to explore :) I'm sure we'll end going for the same players as always  ;D ;D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Also is Betts doing research on how many times we've picked a player? God help us all.  ;D

Neeskens IIIIII 6 - (Journeyman, Auction, Moneyball, Combo, 11 from 11 III, Duos)

Ronaldinho IIIII 5 - (Serie A, La Liga, Domino, Shopping List III, 11 from 11 II)

Pique IIIII 5 - (DOB, Complainers, Rawkbay, Under 30s, Formations)

Gullit IIIII 5 - (4 of clubs, Auction, 6 of Clubs, 11 from 11 III, Serie A II)

Bergomi IIIII 5 - (Tautogram, Decade, GDA, Shopping List III, 11 from 11 III)

Beckenbauer IIII 4 - (Bundesliga, Letters, Tautogram, CWC)

Boban IIII 4 - (Tautogram, Redemption, Formations, Duos, )

Savicevic IIII 4 - (Redemption, Forgotten Nations, 11 from 11 II, Duos)

Rijkaard IIII 4 - (4 of Clubs, GDA, Shopping List III, Serie A II)

3 - Kaka (Serie A, 4 of Clubs, All time), Garrincha (GDA, Favela, all-time WC), Prosinecki (Redemption, all-time WC, Forgotten Nations), Chiellini (DOB, Complainers, 2014 WC Sheep), Kaladze (Serie A, Letters, 4 of Clubs), Luis Suarez (DOB, EPL 13, Formations), Vieira (Letters, Decade, GDA), Batistuta (11 from 11 II, Tautogram, All-time).

The most shocking discovery being that Samie only ever picked Riquelme once.

I’d like to put in one of those Freedom of Information requests to see who my most picked players are. Not that I’ve done as many drafts as most of you losers.

Not quite as many drafts to choose from as you say, so the picks are a lot more spread out -

Ayala III 3 - (11 from 11, 6 of Clubs, Copa vs ACoN)

G. Muller III 3 - (11 from 11, Rawkbay, Journeyman)

Hagi III 3 - (11 from 11, GDA, Cisse)

2 - Souness (Rawkbay, GDA), Petrescu (Complainers, EPL Sheep), M. Silva (Complainers, Favela), Laudrup (GDA, Domino), Dani Alves (11 from 11, Domino), Zambrotta (11 from 11, Domino), Gullit (11 from 11, 11 feom 11 II).
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd call you a sad fucker Betts but then you know you are.  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Neeskens top of the list huh? A bit of a surprise but then again I do love the Double Dutch of Gullit and Rijkaard.  ;D

Why the surprise that I picked Riquelme once? He ain't my type.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Cheers Betty! My 11 from 11 team looked great: Ayala, Muller, Hagi, Alaves, Zambrotta, Gullit.

I bet I got controversially knocked out in the semis.