Author Topic: Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America Draft General Discussion Thread  (Read 32199 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
RAWK 2019 Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America Draft

Hello and welcome to the Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America Draft. With the two tournaments upon us, what better way to celebrate the close season than determining which of us knows more about world football? Which of us is Mohamed Salah and which is Kleberson? Who wants to have endless discussion about whether Bielsa's 3-3-1-3 was a genius formation or not? And who will be the first post the obligatory Anderson gif?

Rules

Rules are as follows:

- This is an all-time draft so any AFCON/Copa America tournament can be chosen from (up to 2018).

- Any player who has played at least 1 game in an AFCON/Copa America tournament proper (not including qualifiers) is eligible. Not really into checking each team every time a pick is made so if it comes to light afterwards, then that player won't be eligible and another pick will need to be made.

- Minimum of 5 players per continent (i.e. 5/6 x South Americans & 5/6 x African players).

- No more than one player per country, 11 from 11.

- Start time is tomorrow at 9.00am but picks can be made from now.

Players

Wikipedia has entries for the squads here:

AFCON: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Cup_of_Nations#Results
Copa America: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América#Results

No editing to include the likes of Cruyff, Beckenbauer or Altidore please!

Order

AOB

All discussion goes in here, hopefully it'll be a good one.

Enjoy!

:wave
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:04:41 pm by Foregone Concussion »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sent a few PMs out to the regulars  :wave
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm in you tarts! :D  Betty cheers for the PM  :)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Yup. BB can charm birds out of trees. It's official!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Sent a few PMs out to the regulars  :wave

Oh did you now? :wanker

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
12 people, shall we get started?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
12 people, shall we get started?

Yeah let’s go for it. Be good to know the order.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ah shite, I woulda maybe joined but 12 seems a good number and I often can't get to the phone or a computer between 9 and 5 anyway. Enjoy, lads, and cheers for the invite. I'll follow this one voyeuristically.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Ah shite, I woulda maybe joined but 12 seems a good number and I often can't get to the phone or a computer between 9 and 5 anyway. Enjoy, lads, and cheers for the invite. I'll follow this one voyeuristically.

You can join, it's all good :)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Want me to PM more guys (except Nick)? Or are we going with lucky 13?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Want me to PM more guys (except Nick)? Or are we going with lucky 13?

Might be a good idea. I'll set up this afternoon one way or another and get officially tomorrow morning.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'm happy to not join if it makes it easier, but if you guys are ok with me maybe missing out picks between about 9 and 5 (UK time) then then I'd love to, I've missed drafting. W8ll duck out if you can't get any more takers, cos 13 just seems a bit...wrong.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'm happy to not join if it makes it easier, but if you guys are ok with me maybe missing out picks between about 9 and 5 (UK time) then then I'd love to, I've missed drafting. W8ll duck out if you can't get any more takers, cos 13 just seems a bit...wrong.

Hey, the more the merrier. I'm like Gianni Infantino.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
PMed 10 more guys. Some of these haven't drafted for yonks, but you never know.

Next time we do an easy draft we should try to round up some newbies in general sports.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Count me in lads, if there's still a spot.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Count me in lads, if there's still a spot.

Yep, sorting it now :wave

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I always end up with a shit placing :D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quietly confident  :butt :duh :rash :mooncat

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I always end up with a shit placing :D

You need to start praying to whatever God Tubby has been. His last three draft positions - 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I don’t recall saying I could play this one.

(I’m so needy!)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You need to start praying to whatever God Tubby has been. His last three draft positions - 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

That's what happens when you're Crown Prince of Abu Tubbi

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t recall saying I could play this one.

(I’m so needy!)

I didn't get that impression when you were giving me a lap dance whilst wearing a Pringle jumper.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I didn't get that impression when you were giving me a lap dance whilst wearing a Pringle jumper.

Must have been a pretty shit one for you to put me 8th you frigid twat.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Must have been a pretty shit one for you to put me 8th you frigid twat.

Yes it was.

• Legacy Fan

He's the Man City of the drafts!  ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Need to change it to say Minimum of 5 picks per competition not maximum
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Need to change it to say Minimum of 5 picks per competition not maximum

Done!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sorry for the slow start, chaps, was out all day.  Thought I'd make an unconventional first pick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
Tubby you're dead to me

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Tubby you're dead to me

Were you expecting to pick up Messi 11th in the order  ;D

• Legacy Fan
Were you expecting to pick up Messi 11th in the order  ;D

I was hoping he was still drunk from last Saturday 😂😂😂

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Speaking of drunk, I have yet to even touch a keystroke towards the COPA tournament.... Anyone want to send me their research?

7 hours in 95 degree heat holding tryouts for U10, U11, U12, U13, U14 Boy tryouts will cause brain damage ---   between the crying, the skin burn and the parents --- I am totally fucking shredded.

14th & 15th pick suggestions please PM (yeah, this is what Trend resorted too). 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
Trend I can relate, spent 4 days without the AC working with 100 degree temp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend I can relate, spent 4 days without the AC working with 100 degree temp.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Speaking of drunk, I have yet to even touch a keystroke towards the COPA tournament.... Anyone want to send me their research?

7 hours in 95 degree heat holding tryouts for U10, U11, U12, U13, U14 Boy tryouts will cause brain damage ---   between the crying, the skin burn and the parents --- I am totally fucking shredded.

14th & 15th pick suggestions please PM (yeah, this is what Trend resorted too). 

Research and spreadsheets are for nonces.

Haven’t got time to do the research for this one so I’ll wing it and hope I get pitted against Hazell as I know people like me more.

• Legacy Fan
plus you got a big dick so that may help as well

:D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Haven’t got time to do the research for this one so I’ll wing it and hope I get pitted against Hazell as I know people like me more.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sir Noncelot at your service  - Jazz hands salute Big Dick

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Put me down for it if there's room. I miss drafting.

Edit: just seen Betty's message now and didn't realise picking had started .... i don't RAWK as much as I used to
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 02:26:26 am by Sir Psycho Sexy »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now