Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12292635 times)

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105920 on: April 29, 2023, 08:45:28 pm »
Won 3-1

Goals: McConnell 1′, Koumas 6′, Gift 53′; Pitt OG 77′

In their league closer, the young Reds were clearly eager to impress, and it took less than 50 seconds for Liverpool to grab their first goal.

It came before Newcastle had a meaningful touch of the ball, with a sweeping team move finding Scanlon’s bursting run, the left-back lofting in a cross which James McConnell headed home.

Liverpool grew quieter as the half wore on, despite still threatening with the pace of Koumas and Keyrol Figueroa and the strength of Jayden Danns.

The visitors had a golden opportunity on the cusp of half-time after two mistakes from Luca Furnell-Gill, but his centre-back partner Lucas Pitt made a vital block to retain Liverpool’s two-goal lead.

It took Gift just seven minutes to net his goal, with McConnell’s fine pass into the channel seeing the Spanish winger drift onto it and, after a run down the byline, he finished with his left.

Scanlon was a standout, both in keeping attacks at bay and offering a constant outlet with his forward bursts, the 18-year-old growing into his body like a left-sided Trent Alexander-Arnold.

A 3-1 win leaves Liverpool in sixth, though they could finish as low as eighth if other results go against them over the next week.

Next up for the young Reds are friendlies against Leicester and Tottenham, before a post-season tournament in Zurich.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105921 on: May 6, 2023, 07:27:47 pm »
Who's this Poytress guy playing for the 23s?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105922 on: May 6, 2023, 07:30:07 pm »

Scanlon is progressing nicely, could save us a few quid as an attacking left back option

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105923 on: May 6, 2023, 10:25:07 pm »
Who's this Poytress guy playing for the 23s?

Jacob Poytress is a u18 (or U16?) goalie.  Surprised he was mentioned as a sub as he wasn’t listed as one for the match on the premier league website.  More to the point Liam Hughes was the goalie on the bench.  But he may have got listed as the 5th sub if he was warming up with the team as the PL site said they only had 4 subs.

Since LFC have gone public about having a sort of goalkeeping ‘school’ - maybe to explain why they overstuff the academy with goalies who never play - they have bought a few more for the academy who haven’t actually been listed in the website.  I think they are there to sort of make up the numbers for small sided training games. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105924 on: May 6, 2023, 10:27:09 pm »
…. Reece Truman  as another who doesn’t have a photo on LFC site.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #105925 on: May 9, 2023, 02:26:15 am »
Trent and The After Academy round table.

Talking about what happens when players are released. Well worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV3sUl10ZRY
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105926 on: May 10, 2023, 09:37:21 am »
dont know where else i should post this

but pretty interesting methodology

no idea if our owners/scouts are actually on board

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/12871411/az-alkmaar-use-brainsfirst-test-to-identify-best-young-talent-and-it-has-helped-them-win-uefa-youth-league

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #105927 on: May 11, 2023, 11:53:12 am »
Jarrell Quansah named in Eng U20 World Cup squad. Harvey Davies and James Balagizi have been in the u20 squad before and still appear eligible so might feel unfortunate, but Balagizi has been injured for some time

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105928 on: May 11, 2023, 11:55:53 am »
Balagizi seems to have fallen into that injury black hole that sucks in quite a few of our prospects.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105929 on: May 12, 2023, 11:29:08 pm »
Jarrell Quansah named in Eng U20 World Cup squad. Harvey Davies and James Balagizi have been in the u20 squad before and still appear eligible so might feel unfortunate, but Balagizi has been injured for some time

Also just signed a new contract.

Official: 20-year-old defender signs new contract at Liverpool

Young Liverpool defender Jarell Quansah signs a new deal with the club
Jarell Quansah, who has been at Liverpool since the age of five, signs a new contract with the club to extend his stay.

Quansah is an Academy product who has progressed through age groups since his very early days. He was the captain of the U18 side that reached the FA Cup Final in 2021.

https://thekoptimes.com/2023/05/13/liverpool-defender-jarell-quansah-signs-a-new-deal-with-the-club-latest-news/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105930 on: May 13, 2023, 05:13:35 pm »
Isaac Mabaya has signed a new contract.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1657339918333497344

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105931 on: May 15, 2023, 07:47:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1658170473778143259

#Liverpool are set to compete a deal of up to 800k for 14-year-old Harvey Owen from #Wolves

Fee rises as he’s been offered a pre scholarship at #LFC.

With clubs unable to sign players from Europe at 16 due to Brexit.

The top clubs will aim to pick the best around the country this summer.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #105932 on: May 15, 2023, 07:50:19 pm »
800k on a 14 year old :o

Football has disappeared up its own arse.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105933 on: May 15, 2023, 07:51:35 pm »
Aye, He's a Centre Back so lad better be the next Beckenbauer like.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105934 on: May 15, 2023, 07:57:47 pm »
800k on a 14 year old :o

Football has disappeared up its own arse.
Don't think that's that much now really for these kind of players which I get is supporting your point. Been million+ under 16s for years, think we spent more than that that on Ojo at 14 over a decade ago now.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105935 on: May 15, 2023, 08:51:44 pm »
Don't think that's that much now really for these kind of players which I get is supporting your point. Been million+ under 16s for years, think we spent more than that that on Ojo at 14 over a decade ago now.

Yeah it’s been like that for over a decade, Sterling cost 500k rising to 5m as a 15 year old himself.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105936 on: May 19, 2023, 07:44:36 pm »
The Barnsley v Bolton play off tonight has a few ex LFC academy players.  There is Herbie Kane and Adam Phillips for Barnsley.  And George Johnston and Jordan Williams (the latter on the bench tonight) for Bolton.  Not including Connor Bradley, which means I am supporting Bolton tonight!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105937 on: May 19, 2023, 08:27:29 pm »
The Barnsley v Bolton play off tonight has a few ex LFC academy players.  There is Herbie Kane and Adam Phillips for Barnsley.  And George Johnston and Jordan Williams (the latter on the bench tonight) for Bolton.  Not including Connor Bradley, which means I am supporting Bolton tonight!

Not our Jordan Williams mate, this one's a Huddersfield lad and English 👍

Still lots of connections in the game though but we're supporting Barnsley tonight 😁 up the Reds 👍

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105938 on: May 19, 2023, 08:31:10 pm »
Not our Jordan Williams mate, this one's a Huddersfield lad and English 👍

Still lots of connections in the game though but we're supporting Barnsley tonight 😁 up the Reds 👍

The Huddersfield Jordan Williams is the one who has started for Barnsley.  The one on the bench for Bolton is our Michael Jordan Williams.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105939 on: May 19, 2023, 08:40:44 pm »
The Huddersfield Jordan Williams is the one who has started for Barnsley.  The one on the bench for Bolton is our Michael Jordan Williams.

No wonder I didn't check if he's now calling himself Michael Jordan Williams and holy shit he looks nothing like when he played for us 😯

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105940 on: May 24, 2023, 08:27:48 pm »
Clarkson has scored another FK for Aberdeen
And BBC has Chambers playing a left#8 for Killie

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #105941 on: May 25, 2023, 09:48:57 am »
Who would you say has been our standout performers for the U21/U18s this season? It's been a tough season, especially for the U18s, and lots of players been missing due to injuries. I remember us having a flying start to the season, especially the front-three for the U18s in Doak, Koumas and Kone-Doherty. All of them has been injured a lot in the second half of the season. Bobby Clark has had a great season hasn't he? Corness has been consistently good. Good to see Llayton Stewart scoring again. Lee Jonas and Luca Stephenson are probably worthy of a mention as well, right?

Apart from some good loans in Morton, Clarkson, Bradley and Chambers.

Would have wanted to see more of Harvey Blair...

Other players worth mentioning? James McConnell?

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #105942 on: May 25, 2023, 11:44:31 am »
Clarkson has scored another FK for Aberdeen
And BBC has Chambers playing a left#8 for Killie

He's been excellent on loan this season, would love to keep him at Aberdeen another year but may be out of budget if on a permanent.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #105943 on: May 25, 2023, 12:55:20 pm »
He's been excellent on loan this season, would love to keep him at Aberdeen another year but may be out of budget if on a permanent.

Rangers and Celtic are sniffing around apparently.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105944 on: May 25, 2023, 01:57:36 pm »
Good to see Clarkson have a nice year on loan at Aberdeen. He's chipped in with a few goals and assists and generally sounded quite influential in their best of the rest finish in the Scottish Prem. Only seems to score beauties too, which is always great  :D

Interesting to see what next for him. Loaned again to a higher level, or does he stay on and continue what he's started at Aberdeen. Would certainly be interesting if the top two are in fact after him. Wonder how much either of them would be willing to stump up for him on a permanent move, which would probably be in his best interests at this stage if we can't get a better loan for him. A sell on clause would probably net us something if he does move on a permanent and impress.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105945 on: May 27, 2023, 11:33:13 am »
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
Young Liverpool attacker Elijah Gift set to join Athletic Bilbao this summer.
Understand the fee is set to be around £1 million. #LFC

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105946 on: May 27, 2023, 02:47:02 pm »
Not seen much of Gift didn't know he was Basque.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105947 on: May 27, 2023, 04:48:23 pm »
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
Young Liverpool attacker Elijah Gift set to join Athletic Bilbao this summer.
Understand the fee is set to be around £1 million. #LFC
Hopefully there's add-ons, that'll make him the Gift that keeps on gi.....you get the picture.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105948 on: June 5, 2023, 02:20:25 pm »
Josh Davidson called up foe engu18s

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #105949 on: June 9, 2023, 02:04:55 pm »
Someone in the transfer thread posted a Youtube of Bradley's highlights, and I was super impressed. For any of you who have watched him more closely this season and feel like typing it out, I'd be interested to hear thoughts on him - his strengths and weaknesses, how close he is to being able to step up to the first team, how he compares to Luke Chambers (who I think Klopp has mentioned a few times as being impressive) - anything, really.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105950 on: June 9, 2023, 07:00:24 pm »
Someone in the transfer thread posted a Youtube of Bradley's highlights, and I was super impressed. For any of you who have watched him more closely this season and feel like typing it out, I'd be interested to hear thoughts on him - his strengths and weaknesses, how close he is to being able to step up to the first team, how he compares to Luke Chambers (who I think Klopp has mentioned a few times as being impressive) - anything, really.

Can't really talk about the intricacies of his game but I think if you judge the years he and Ramsay have just had that it might make more sense if Bradley sticks around while Ramsay goes out on loan. Might not go that way but Ramsay will probably be in need of more football than we can give him at this stage. Suppose a lot depends on pre-season though. League 1 is obviously not the Prem but he's already played a few cup games for us and plays for Northern Ireland so it's clear that Bradley is quite highly rated.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105951 on: June 13, 2023, 11:22:14 pm »

He definitely looks a lot stronger now.  He’s not him, but reminded me of stevie

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105952 on: June 15, 2023, 03:32:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1669351555173081088

Leighton Clarkson has completed a permanent transfer to Aberdeen.

Everyone at #LFC wishes Leighton the best of luck for the future.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105953 on: June 15, 2023, 03:54:35 pm »
Good move for Clarkson. Regular football at one of the stronger sides in a league/club he now knows, plus maybe even some European experience next season. Maybe even a sell-on clause in there for a little extra money if he impresses down the line.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105954 on: June 15, 2023, 04:01:47 pm »
Good move for Clarkson. Regular football at one of the stronger sides in a league/club he now knows, plus maybe even some European experience next season. Maybe even a sell-on clause in there for a little extra money if he impresses down the line.
SPL after Celtic & Rangers is league 1 level
Still he was excellent for them maybe they can get into the conference league

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #105955 on: June 15, 2023, 04:12:00 pm »
SPL after Celtic & Rangers is league 1 level
Still he was excellent for them maybe they can get into the conference league

Aberdeen have already qualified for the Europa League Play Offs, just one 2 legged tie from the Group Stages.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105956 on: June 15, 2023, 07:36:03 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1669351555173081088

Excellent news for him and the Academy. So few players get that outcome, definitely something to celebrate

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105957 on: July 1, 2023, 09:10:02 am »
Strikes me that it is an exciting time for the Academy with many players at the cusp of being squad cover stage or important loan with future potential

Those who could be squad cover next season- Bradley, Sepp, Doak, Gordon once fit, possibly pitaluga / Harvey Davies

Those who we will be expecting to develop a lot on loan - chambers, Quansah, Morton, koumas probably one season away, perhaps Stewart

Have I missed anyone out?

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #105958 on: July 1, 2023, 09:25:39 am »
Strikes me that it is an exciting time for the Academy with many players at the cusp of being squad cover stage or important loan with future potential

Those who could be squad cover next season- Bradley, Sepp, Doak, Gordon once fit, possibly pitaluga / Harvey Davies

Those who we will be expecting to develop a lot on loan - chambers, Quansah, Morton, koumas probably one season away, perhaps Stewart

Clark, Frauendorf.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105959 on: July 1, 2023, 09:45:10 am »

I expect Clark to be possible get Cup games.
Chambers is the biggest question for me he stood out with first team last year but has no path this summer to playing at LB this season. Where he go on loan etc.
I expect Bradley, Doak, Gordon to get looks in pre season and possible 2 or 3 of them play in cups and europa(group stage easier games per say). Sepp needs to renew his contract it looks like(up in 2024).
Didnt Davies already go on loan