Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 983914 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #9000 on: February 7, 2023, 10:09:46 am »
BBC article this morning discussing the various sackings and threats thereof points out that Klopp is currently the longest-serving Premier League manager of the current bunch. Pep is behind slightly but may well about to become the longest-serving Championship manager.......  :wave

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9001 on: February 7, 2023, 11:09:09 am »
we have the best coach in world football and one of the best there ever was.

City titles mean nothing. Guardiola could never achieve what Klopp did if provided the same resources or if we would swap them.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9002 on: February 7, 2023, 11:13:18 am »
I wonder if the fact that Abu Dhabi's systematic, industrial scale cheating has now been exposed to a wider audience will see Klopp looking and feeling a bit more invigorated?

It must be horribly draining knowing full well you've been trying to compete in sport that's so clearly and disgustingly rigged. Even just as fans looking on, it's been massively emotionally sapping. A lot of fans love for the game has been eaten away as a fantastic team has been cheated out of what it so richly deserved. Goodness only knows how Klopp and the squad have felt.

I'd say the situation has clearly disillusioned FSG too. Seeing it all seemingly going unaddressed must have been crushing so, hopefully, now it's being exposed fully it might just put a spring in the step of Klopp and the club generally. Maybe, just maybe the game can be brought back from the brink and rescued after all? And maybe that could light a fire within us once more too.

« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 11:15:48 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9003 on: February 7, 2023, 11:15:30 am »
we have the best coach in world football and one of the best there ever was.

City titles mean nothing. Guardiola could never achieve what Klopp did if provided the same resources or if we would swap them.

It's bonkers to think how dominant we would be under Jurgen if we had access to those kind of funds. Wouldn't be a stretch to suggest we'd have won every league since 2018 and have got over the line in the 2 European Cup finals we lost.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9004 on: February 7, 2023, 11:20:09 am »
It's bonkers to think how dominant we would be under Jurgen if we had access to those kind of funds. Wouldn't be a stretch to suggest we'd have won every league since 2018 and have got over the line in the 2 European Cup finals we lost.

Say nothing of a title and a Champions League in the same season. It's so annoying.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9005 on: February 7, 2023, 11:20:15 am »
hopefully a banner for him Monday.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9006 on: February 7, 2023, 02:02:34 pm »

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9007 on: February 7, 2023, 03:29:36 pm »
Hopefully this news is a bit of a shot in the arm to the squad. Must be seriously deflating to give your all each year and just come up a hair short .

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9008 on: February 7, 2023, 03:32:59 pm »
Hopefully this news is a bit of a shot in the arm to the squad. Must be seriously deflating to give your all each year and just come up a hair short .

I dunno if it’d a shot in the arm, it’d make me even more fucked off (as it has!). Knowing what they’ve missed out on over the years, having given absolutely everything for, and knowing they are never going to get those seasons’ over again or the chance to try and emulate it again.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #9009 on: February 7, 2023, 04:43:26 pm »
And yet when we were winning everything no one said "Wow Klopp is amazing, he's so geeat I think he should have at least one more season!!!" because it's just not the type of language you use with someone you want to stay longterm.

There's a wide gulf of nuance between plain dictionary definition and real world usage.

However, the poster has since clarified their view so all is cool

Maybe it is just me but I don't read the term "at least" as being loaded.

I would probably use it that way myself to be honest but I get where you are coming from - not insinuating anything but with the shite being tlaked recently I can understand being defensive of Klopp (as I am too) and maybe seeing the worst in what people are saying.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9010 on: February 7, 2023, 05:16:15 pm »
Alright alright I have just seen Didi Hamman having a go at Klopp over James Pearce-gate:

Fuck me, I was wrong on that one. Not being on the same side as Didi Hamman.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9011 on: February 7, 2023, 06:54:31 pm »
Not much point in saying we would have more Cl. City didn't deny us those. We just weren't good enough to beat real. If we say they are state sponsored too, that's a lot of cl to redistribute.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9012 on: February 7, 2023, 07:39:55 pm »
Not much point in saying we would have more Cl. City didn't deny us those. We just weren't good enough to beat real. If we say they are state sponsored too, that's a lot of cl to redistribute.
He said IF we had the same resources as City

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9013 on: February 7, 2023, 08:06:28 pm »

We were pushing on all fronts. Last season we finished 18 pts clear of Chelsea, we could have throttled back and rejuvenated for the CL final. Also 2019, we lost the league by a point, 25 clear of Chelsea, we would have had a League/CL double.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9014 on: February 8, 2023, 08:22:19 am »
I’m with Jürgen till I die.

End of.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9015 on: February 8, 2023, 08:51:58 am »
Literally the only thing that’s kept me interested in football for the last 7 years. The last vestige of the broken game I once adored. Morally, philosophically and on a human level. Hard to see me carrying on other than a brief look at the scores if he goes.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #9016 on: February 8, 2023, 10:05:03 am »
hopefully a banner for him Monday.

“As always, we are focussing on supporting our manager”

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9017 on: February 8, 2023, 11:15:45 am »
I dunno if it’d a shot in the arm, it’d make me even more fucked off (as it has!). Knowing what they’ve missed out on over the years, having given absolutely everything for, and knowing they are never going to get those seasons’ over again or the chance to try and emulate it again.

The players will have been well aware that City were cheating, they will have known as much if not more than we did. The only thing that has changed is the outside world will now be paying more attention to what should have been common knowledge, and they may get more respect for the last 5 years or so of graft.

If it makes them angry then that can only be a good thing. I think this could be a big turning point for the season and hopefully fires a rocket up the clubs backside

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9018 on: February 8, 2023, 04:05:40 pm »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9019 on: February 8, 2023, 04:13:03 pm »
Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool since 15/16

3 PL wins
1 CL win
1 FA cup
2 EFL cups
1 Super Cup
1 World Club
2 Charity Shields

Not bad that
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9020 on: February 8, 2023, 04:14:43 pm »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #9022 on: February 8, 2023, 06:13:05 pm »
I dont trigger easily but very little boils my piss more than that amoebic biproduct of savage animal buggery masquerading as a fat carrot, Richard Keys! :rash

Just read excerpts from his piece slamming the boss in a rag that shall not be named today. Honestly..I cant even begin to describe the utter fucking hatred I have for that c*nt!..and some people (also c*nts) still buy into what this fucker says.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9023 on: February 8, 2023, 06:18:42 pm »
Have the players downed tools to some extent? Thinking about how different Everton look now that Dyche is there vs Lampard. Exasperation with management for whatever reason can explain a lot… and maybe explains some of the noises around Kornmayer/Ljinders in the press. My critical mind is thinking there’s more to this than simple fatigue.

The noise will unfortunately be feverish if Everton turn us over at home. Then Newcastle away… and the fixture list is pretty grim reading after that. I just hope he makes safe and dry to the end of the season because it looks like things are going to get worse.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9024 on: February 8, 2023, 11:46:24 pm »
Have the players downed tools to some extent? Thinking about how different Everton look now that Dyche is there vs Lampard. Exasperation with management for whatever reason can explain a lot… and maybe explains some of the noises around Kornmayer/Ljinders in the press. My critical mind is thinking there’s more to this than simple fatigue.

The noise will unfortunately be feverish if Everton turn us over at home. Then Newcastle away… and the fixture list is pretty grim reading after that. I just hope he makes safe and dry to the end of the season because it looks like things are going to get worse.

No
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #9025 on: February 9, 2023, 08:45:37 am »

we might be playing shit but no fucking way - why would you think that?

nonsense
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9026 on: February 9, 2023, 10:21:45 am »

What the fuck?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #9027 on: February 9, 2023, 12:09:21 pm »
What the fuck?

I don't believe the players have downed tools, but I always have to laugh at posters showing sheer incredulity at a very simply and fair question being asked. "Have the players downed tools" the previous poster asked.

Theres been f*ck all reaction from them in response to being outplayed, outfought, out thought and pretty much bettered by everyone we have played in the last month or so. So its a very fair question to ask.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9028 on: February 9, 2023, 12:13:51 pm »
I don't believe the players have downed tools, but I always have to laugh at posters showing sheer incredulity at a very simply and fair question being asked. "Have the players downed tools" the previous poster asked.

Theres been f*ck all reaction from them in response to being outplayed, outfought, out thought and pretty much bettered by everyone we have played in the last month or so. So its a very fair question to ask.

What reaction do you expect if their bodies aren't up to it anymore? Do you want more tantrum throwing and finger pointing on the pitch?

It's not a fair question, it's a loaded question which implies Klopp has 'lost the dressing room' or some other such shite.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9029 on: February 9, 2023, 12:43:44 pm »
Yep, they've had enough and hate him and want him gone and want someone like Dyche in, who has done wonders at Everton. The love affair is over, just like with a lot of fans, who aren't quite brave enough to say so openly yet. The players are showing it by "downing tools" in a way especially coded so that only certain 'special' individuals with "critical minds" can see it; the 'chosen' or the 'elect' the 'clear seers' with 'critical minds'. They are sending you messages saying "it's ok, he'll soon be gone, we're dowining tools. Don't worry if those biffs on RAWK can't see it, they don't have "critical minds" like you, but you can see it and you are the ones that matter"

Next month Robbo and Mo will be indicating who their preferred choice for new manager is, using a mix of gamelan music and interpretive dance. Such a shame most normal people won't get it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9030 on: February 9, 2023, 12:46:07 pm »
Yep, they've had enough and hate him and want him gone and want someone like Dyche in, who has done wonders at Everton. The love affair is over, just like with a lot of fans, who aren't quite brave enough to say so openly yet. The players are showing it by "downing tools" in a way especially coded so that only certain 'special' individuals with "critical minds" can see it; the 'chosen' or the 'elect' the 'clear seers' with 'critical minds'. They are sending you messages saying "it's ok, he'll soon be gone, we're dowining tools. Don't worry if those biffs on RAWK can't see it, they don't have "critical minds" like you, but you can see it and you are the ones that matter"

Next month Robbo and Mo will be indicating who their preferred choice for new manager is, using a mix of gamelan music and interpretive dance. Such a shame most normal people won't get it.
Brutal :lmao

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9031 on: February 9, 2023, 12:51:07 pm »
I said the other day there's a bit of 'same voice' syndrome in that he's been their manager a long time, Guardiola going through similar at City. We haven't sufficiently refreshed to guard against that more when you get into a rut. Therefore in theory you might get a short term new manager bounce from someone who would change things up, a new voice etc.

But that 'same voice' is our only hope of staying competitive next season and beyond. He just needs to significantly refresh the squad where it needs it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9032 on: February 9, 2023, 12:52:46 pm »
I don't believe the players have downed tools, but I always have to laugh at posters showing sheer incredulity at a very simply and fair question being asked.
That one must have been deleted. Strange, if it were a fair question...

"Have the players downed tools" the previous poster asked.
Oh, it wasn't

Are the players in fact robots that Elon Musk has developed and has done a deal with LFC to try out on the pitch? It's a fair question to ask! He has surgically removed key parts from the players and placed them inside his androids in a advanced new type of cybernetic mish-mash, though the artist from Tussauds tasked with doing Mo's hair hasn't quite got it right. Should that artist be imprisoned for doing such a bad job? It's a fair question to ask!

I think this android story must be true. The team aren't winning every game like it said on the packet when many fans signed up to be LFC fans, and are losing quite a few so it's a fair question to ask.

In other unrealted news I hear Musk has also surgically removed the bollocks from lots of people...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #9033 on: February 9, 2023, 01:09:02 pm »

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9034 on: February 9, 2023, 02:14:46 pm »

Because it's a stupid question. The players didn't "down tools" in the covid season either, they were just fucked. Last season drained everyone, the players are being overplayed, they never get a rest, there is massive pressure on them and no matter how hard they try, things are going wrong. It can sap your confidence/self belief and get make you underperform.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9035 on: February 9, 2023, 02:20:54 pm »
What's been apparent is that too many registered members of RAWK appeared to have "downed common sense" and become "underperforming tools".

I'm looking forward to seeing Klopp challenge James Pearce on this very point at the next prezzer.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #9036 on: February 9, 2023, 02:22:58 pm »

Anything is possible but if they have downed tools I'd want them gone before Klopp personally. Though that's not to say Klopp hasn't made mistakes.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #9037 on: February 9, 2023, 02:50:06 pm »
Sorry mate but I don't give a shiny fucking shite about whether some attention seeking journo is right or wrong.

Klopps job is to win trophies, he's done that, then some more, some more after that, then broke a shot ton of records, then some more on that too. Pearce is a journalist the likes of who the majority of would sell their own mother for a story. Yeah Klopp has likely been more sensitive of late and maybe here as his back is against the wall right now. This is EXACTLY when he needs the fans support, more so than when we are winning everything. He's brought us everything so when I see him in trouble like this my instinct is to back him no matter fucking what. So if he wants to bring out a mini gun into these vulture galleries he has to sit though then I'll cheer him on.

Rumours are it was either from a story he wrote with someone else or a mix up, Pearce has been licking his arse this morning apparently so I'm guessing it's all been sorted. That aside though I don't even care if Klopp is 1000% wrong on this, if he says Pearce can do one, he can do one.

Hear, Hear!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9038 on: February 9, 2023, 04:11:52 pm »
I said the other day there's a bit of 'same voice' syndrome in that he's been their manager a long time, Guardiola going through similar at City. We haven't sufficiently refreshed to guard against that more when you get into a rut. Therefore in theory you might get a short term new manager bounce from someone who would change things up, a new voice etc.

But that 'same voice' is our only hope of staying competitive next season and beyond. He just needs to significantly refresh the squad where it needs it.

Or 2 teams that have punched each other out?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9039 on: February 9, 2023, 04:21:38 pm »
Or 2 teams that have punched each other out?

That's the most likely reason.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"