Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 983910 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #8760 on: January 30, 2023, 10:11:14 am »
Its the minority in the fanbase and the rest of us know it's ridiculous

*Sigh*

And how did Rafa start off? Some people on here talk like they can only remember the last 3/4 years. We've literally seen a great manager, who got the club and the fans, who was successful with us fucked out of the club because enough of the fanbase ended up turning on him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8761 on: January 30, 2023, 10:13:21 am »
*Sigh*

And how did Rafa start off? Some people on here talk like they can only remember the last 3/4 years. We've literally seen a great manager, who got the club and the fans, who was successful with us fucked out of the club because enough of the fanbase ended up turning on him.

So are you saying because a few people are short sighted enough to be thinking Klopp should go, we're all going to get to that point?

I'll believe that when I see it and maybe look at the whole picture in what happened with Rafa because it doesn't even seem similar right now IMO
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 10:14:56 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8762 on: January 30, 2023, 10:13:47 am »
*Sigh*

During 08/09 there was actually quite a bit of dissent in the match going fanbase, especially in the home games. Think that germ was bigger and more influential than a bunch of weirdo internet pricks spouting things on twitter.

I may be wrong but there is nothing close to the sort right now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #8763 on: January 30, 2023, 10:14:14 am »
No match going fan will want Klopp gone.

It’s just children on Twitter.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8764 on: January 30, 2023, 10:15:58 am »

Pretty much

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8765 on: January 30, 2023, 10:23:53 am »
So are you saying because a few people are short sighted enough to be thinking Klopp should go, we're all going to get to that point?

I'll believe that when I see it and maybe look at the whole picture in what happened with Rafa because it doesn't even seem similar right now IMO

Well no, not all of us got to that point with Rafa. There's already posters saying he should go at the end of the season, and not just obvious trolls and WUMs.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8766 on: January 30, 2023, 10:28:30 am »
Wait hold on, there are actually people of a sane mind saying he should leave?!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8767 on: January 30, 2023, 10:29:32 am »
During 08/09 there was actually quite a bit of dissent in the match going fanbase, especially in the home games.

It's true that. It was surprising just how often it would come up from people you knew/met. It wasn't just whining kids on twitter or the internet, he became a pretty divisive character Rafa. I think in part as some players were probably briefing against him [one for Al666 there]. And I think also to some extent because even though we were good, no one ever quite believed we were good enough.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8768 on: January 30, 2023, 10:35:16 am »
I think in the next transfer window we definitely need to spend big on some new fans for the club but we need to get shut of some of the dead wood that supposedly follow our team as well. We could start with freshening up the Kop and moving some of the moaning gets into the Main Stand or towards the exit.

I reckon we need to bring some fresh blood in from the academy too. Get rid of the whiners and get more kids on board.

As for the keyboard headcases, we need a a tough pre-season to get them ready for the new campaign as well.  Three weeks of maturity training, and a summer camp on the club’s history and what it means to be a Liverpool supporter. Watching videos of famous defeats that became victories  and how you can encourage your team to climb the hill when they’re down and losing.  Oh, and loosening up exercises to supple up the face muscles and get some of the fuckers smiling again.

Logically, the only one person to lead us back to the top is Jurgen. He’ll take personal charge of the smiling training.

Please get off his back. Show some fucking class.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8769 on: January 30, 2023, 10:36:28 am »
Not only are you a loon but you’re also just dead wrong. Brighton has lost £143m their last 3 financial years released, only made money once in the last 5 due to relegation and only now that they are selling well may turn a profit. Bloom doesn’t seem interested in spending it based on their transfer business either.

The rest of your conjecture is even worse.
Sorry, my mistake. I thought the goal of the club was to win games, not to continually turn a profit every year no matter what. The club has made a cumulative profit over the last few years even taking covid into account and, abhorrent as the thought may be to you, we could have done with spending money in the short term to guarantee we increase income in the long term. You know, the way you say Brighton have in this ridiculous rant of yours.

During 08/09 there was actually quite a bit of dissent in the match going fanbase, especially in the home games. Think that germ was bigger and more influential than a bunch of weirdo internet pricks spouting things on twitter.

I may be wrong but there is nothing close to the sort right now.
From what I remember, there were a good few fans who never really took to Rafa, as some of the players didn't I suppose. It wasn't helped by a lot of the xenophobic media coverage. This is obviously a very different situation but I look at the body language in each press conference and post-game, and it reminds me of Rafa's last few months. The speech is slower, the eyes are lower, the shoulders are shrugging and the team is in a funk. Everyone can see it, the dynamism just isn't there anymore.

There can be a tendency to forget public figures are human, but seven years day in, day out, City always there, the near misses in finals, his mum passing, covid: these take a toll. A lot of people seem to see this as calling for Klopp's head but ultimately, it's up to the club. If they give him the substantial funds he needs to complete a rebuild then great. If we're looking at another £50 million net spend summer, I don't see the point in another season like this, either for him or for us. There seemed to be a consensus a few years back that Klopp would probably need a break around now, instead the entire weight of the club seems to have been dumped on his shoulders.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8770 on: January 30, 2023, 10:43:34 am »
I guess if one were to be critical - and as ever this comes with the caveat that I'd give Klopp a 10 year contract and 1billion pounds to spend tomorrow if I were the king of a morally dubious petrostate - then it does seems a bit weird that we continue to try to play the same way, when we clearly can't, this season. And in addition him saying we were going for a midfielder late in august, just about getting a crocked arthur over the line, and then prioritizing gakpo in the winter window does seem a bit...well, mad.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8771 on: January 30, 2023, 10:50:38 am »
I guess if one were to be critical - and as ever this comes with the caveat that I'd give Klopp a 10 year contract and 1billion pounds to spend tomorrow if I were the king of a morally dubious petrostate - then it does seems a bit weird that we continue to try to play the same way, when we clearly can't, this season. And in addition him saying we were going for a midfielder late in august, just about getting a crocked arthur over the line, and then prioritizing gakpo in the winter window does seem a bit...well, mad.

We are not playing the same. I am not saying you are doing this but anybody who thinks Klopp has just stuck to his normal way of playing is wrong. He has changed a hell of a lot this season to try to find something that works. He did try to go back to the high pressing thing after the World Cup break but that is clearly something our side cannot do. Now he is playing a very conservative system.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: January 30, 2023, 11:18:18 am »
The guy sweats blood for us, while our owners couldn't really care less while their asset is growing nicely for them.

And to not give Jurgen money for a midfielder in this window shows that money and only money is driving them.

I think we all agree that we need some new midfielders and that more money available is needed but what about the fact that we have no roster spots available?  We literally couldn't register another player unless we sold or unregistered a current player.  We know that Klopp won't force anyone away and he certainly isn't going to unregister someone at the club. 

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8773 on: January 30, 2023, 11:21:12 am »
I think we all agree that we need some new midfielders and that more money available is needed but what about the fact that we have no roster spots available?  We literally couldn't register another player unless we sold or unregistered a current player.  We know that Klopp won't force anyone away and he certainly isn't going to unregister someone at the club. 

Arthur Melo is one of those players.. I suspect Jurgen could find the stomach to unregister him despite his electric 16 minutes for us this season

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8774 on: January 30, 2023, 11:21:58 am »
Arthur Melo is one of those players.. I suspect Jurgen could find the stomach to unregister him despite his electric 16 minutes for us this season

13 minutes.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8775 on: January 30, 2023, 11:22:57 am »
Bit disrespectful to the EFL Trophy not to include those minutes

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8776 on: January 30, 2023, 11:24:33 am »

But he hasn't though? 

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8777 on: January 30, 2023, 11:27:16 am »

Then we make one, it's a shit excuse for not signing someone.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8778 on: January 30, 2023, 11:32:54 am »
We let Karius sit unregistered last season. It's not something you should have to do all the time as it means you have too many players, but short term it shouldn't stop us bringing in an extra player

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8779 on: January 30, 2023, 11:41:00 am »

Maybe. But FSG created the global fam, and the rest of us were labelled "legacy fans". And it's the global fam who want him gone.

It's a bit like Fankenstein's monster. They created them and now they want to kill them.

But they've pandered to the global fam, over the "legacy fans". And they kind if sent a precedent with Dalglish getting to two cup finals but missing out on the champions league. I don't think many "legacy fans" wanted Dalglish out.

I'm not that confident that match going "legacy fans" are that important.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8780 on: January 30, 2023, 11:44:32 am »
Then we make one, it's a shit excuse for not signing someone.

But we know Klopp isn't going to right?  We had room for one player this window and he brought in Gakpo.  I don't understand why we didn't bring in a midfielder since the need has been so obvious but we didn't and now we are going to have to deal with that for the rest of the season. 

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8781 on: January 30, 2023, 11:54:06 am »
But we know Klopp isn't going to right?  We had room for one player this window and he brought in Gakpo.  I don't understand why we didn't bring in a midfielder since the need has been so obvious but we didn't and now we are going to have to deal with that for the rest of the season.

You can't genuinely believe that if Dortmund had made Bellingham available in mid Jan we'd be like "sorry Jude, we don't have the squad space to register you"?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8782 on: January 30, 2023, 12:03:49 pm »
You can't genuinely believe that if Dortmund had made Bellingham available in mid Jan we'd be like "sorry Jude, we don't have the squad space to register you"?
If we had known that Bellingham was going to become available then I don't think we would have got Gakpo.  I think we would have prioritized the position and player that we needed. 

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8783 on: January 30, 2023, 12:18:15 pm »

:D

I imagine even our big soft German might manage that act of cruelty.

Melo doesn't even exist, of course, so unregistering him might prove difficult.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8784 on: January 30, 2023, 12:43:24 pm »
If we had known that Bellingham was going to become available then I don't think we would have got Gakpo.  I think we would have prioritized the position and player that we needed.

Usually agree with your posts but nah, if there was a player we wanted right now we'd easy make space for him. Whether thats returning Arthur, just leaving him out, getting rid of Ox etc.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8785 on: January 30, 2023, 01:13:41 pm »
I think in the next transfer window we definitely need to spend big on some new fans for the club but we need to get shut of some of the dead wood that supposedly follow our team as well. We could start with freshening up the Kop and moving some of the moaning gets into the Main Stand or towards the exit.

I reckon we need to bring some fresh blood in from the academy too. Get rid of the whiners and get more kids on board.

As for the keyboard headcases, we need a a tough pre-season to get them ready for the new campaign as well.  Three weeks of maturity training, and a summer camp on the club’s history and what it means to be a Liverpool supporter. Watching videos of famous defeats that became victories  and how you can encourage your team to climb the hill when they’re down and losing.  Oh, and loosening up exercises to supple up the face muscles and get some of the fuckers smiling again.

Logically, the only one person to lead us back to the top is Jurgen. He’ll take personal charge of the smiling training.

Please get off his back. Show some fucking class.
:thumbup
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: January 30, 2023, 01:26:53 pm »
Well no, not all of us got to that point with Rafa. There's already posters saying he should go at the end of the season, and not just obvious trolls and WUMs.

It's a shit time and you are always going to get that from SOME no matter what fanbase when things get bad, they're opinions. People are obviously going to view things in the game very differently and voice that in different ways... but to try to frame it as it's now going to become loads of people is a bit unusual because it's based off nothing other than it happened in completely different circumstances before in a completely different time in football and at the club for a different manager at Liverpool.

Be the first to say I was wrong if it happens but i'd be fucking amazed if it becomes any more than the minority of fans thinking Klopp should go anytime soon or even into the more distant future to be honest. It's a minimal percentage now and I think it will remain that too

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8787 on: January 30, 2023, 01:38:43 pm »
It's a shit time and you are always going to get that from SOME no matter what fanbase when things get bad, they're opinions. People are obviously going to view things in the game very differently and voice that in different ways... but to try to frame it as it's now going to become loads of people is a bit unusual because it's based off nothing other than it happened in completely different circumstances before in a completely different time in football and at the club for a different manager at Liverpool.

Be the first to say I was wrong if it happens but i'd be fucking amazed if it becomes any more than the minority of fans thinking Klopp should go anytime soon or even into the more distant future to be honest. It's a minimal percentage now and I think it will remain that too
It's not just based on the previous situation with Rafa. It's based on a general experience of life.

The point is that a minority, or even just one voice, can start a ball rolling. Something which has for ever and a day been a completely unvoiced or even forbidden idea or notion can start pick up traction and maybe even eventually become the mainstream after it has initally been voiced just once. That one lone voicing can be the start of a process which is often not even noticed until it is too late.

This can lead to positive changes as well - many social advances come about this way

Within football, however, there's a well trodden path that takes a manager from a point where he's feted and loved to the point where there are loud calls for his head, and it's a path that has certain stages along the way. We're seeing some of those early stages now. That's one point.

The other point is that it can all happen incredibly quickly, so that most people are left dazed and reeling at what seems to be a sudden and unexpected turnaround, but which is really anything but.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8788 on: January 30, 2023, 01:46:48 pm »
It's not just based on the previous situation with Rafa. It's based on a general experience of life.

The point is that a minority, or even just one voice, can start a ball rolling. Something which has for ever and a day been a completely unvoiced or even forbidden idea or notion can start pick up traction and maybe even eventually become the mainstream after it has initally been voiced just once. That one lone voicing can be the start of a process which is often not even noticed until it is too late.

This can lead to positive changes as well - many social advances come about this way

Within football, however, there's a well trodden path that takes a manager from a point where he's feted and loved to the point where there are loud calls for his head, and it's a path that has certain stages along the way. We're seeing some of those early stages now. That's one point.

The other point is that it can all happen incredibly quickly, so that most people are left dazed and reeling at what seems to be a sudden and unexpected turnaround, but which is really anything but.

That's fair enough and I agree with your general point, I just dont think it's one that applies to the club and Klopp if i'm honest, but like I said if i'm wrong then so be it. I don't expect there to be any sort of significant call for Klopps head to be honest, think it's a worry about nothing

Yet to see anyone that generally makes reasoned arguments or rational points even display a hint of the first sign of a thought developing that Klopp going is even a consideration let alone an idea worth exploring so I think it's the internet doing what the internet does best and being an echo chamber

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8789 on: January 30, 2023, 02:01:25 pm »
Maybe. But FSG created the global fam, and the rest of us were labelled "legacy fans". And it's the global fam who want him gone.

It's a bit like Fankenstein's monster. They created them and now they want to kill them.

But they've pandered to the global fam, over the "legacy fans". And they kind if sent a precedent with Dalglish getting to two cup finals but missing out on the champions league. I don't think many "legacy fans" wanted Dalglish out.

I'm not that confident that match going "legacy fans" are that important.

wtf is a global fam?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8790 on: January 30, 2023, 02:09:13 pm »
wtf is a global fam?

them dickheads on Twitter  :P

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8791 on: January 30, 2023, 02:13:31 pm »
them dickheads on Twitter  :P
Bad blud.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8792 on: January 30, 2023, 02:29:36 pm »

Not sure what your angle is here, thats the thing thats a 'bit unusual'. Do you feel like you should be allowed to say it without any comeback...? It doesn't particularly matter if its only some or a 'minimal percentage', when its seen it should be shut down immediately rather than 'Oh its fine, its a small percentage, doesn't matter' because again....we've seen it before. Whether its a different situation or not, the increased hostility towards Rafa in the fanbase most certainly didn't help at the time and absolutely assisted in him getting sacked. You seem to think it can only go nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing BOOM half the fanbase wants him gone. These things start slowly, very small, a few people making comments, builds gradually, a few more people asking questions about his future, and a few becomes more, and more, and a bigger minority, and a bigger minority, until the same journalists who are boring him with questions about transfers are boring him with questions about his future, the fanbase becoming 'doubters' again, out of work managers start getting linked with his job, those same newspapers start linking him with the Germany/Bayern/Dortmund job if it becomes available, fans start getting edgier again thinking his hearts not in it and do the usual 'lets bin him off before he bins us off' thing and suddenly we're in a saga. So yeah, again a little bemused at why you think 'its only a few so its cool' when it should be 'even one person is too many'.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8793 on: January 30, 2023, 02:52:03 pm »
Not sure what your angle is here, thats the thing thats a 'bit unusual'. Do you feel like you should be allowed to say it without any comeback...? It doesn't particularly matter if its only some or a 'minimal percentage', when its seen it should be shut down immediately rather than 'Oh its fine, its a small percentage, doesn't matter' because again....we've seen it before. Whether its a different situation or not, the increased hostility towards Rafa in the fanbase most certainly didn't help at the time and absolutely assisted in him getting sacked. You seem to think it can only go nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing BOOM half the fanbase wants him gone. These things start slowly, very small, a few people making comments, builds gradually, a few more people asking questions about his future, and a few becomes more, and more, and a bigger minority, and a bigger minority, until the same journalists who are boring him with questions about transfers are boring him with questions about his future, the fanbase becoming 'doubters' again, out of work managers start getting linked with his job, those same newspapers start linking him with the Germany/Bayern/Dortmund job if it becomes available, fans start getting edgier again thinking his hearts not in it and do the usual 'lets bin him off before he bins us off' thing and suddenly we're in a saga. So yeah, again a little bemused at why you think 'its only a few so its cool' when it should be 'even one person is too many'.

I couldn't care less about a comeback, its the internet ffs :lmao I posted how I view something on a football forum, a comeback is inevitable

No I just don't see even a particularly noticeable amount of people doing it and again it isn't anyone who speaks intelligently about anything football related who is remotely close to doing it, I don't see that happening. In fact i've seen Klopp out stuff for years and it wasn't a bother then, nor is it now because there will always be nonsense from a tiny tiny percentage of people who don't understand the game at all or understand consequence. It shouldn't happen at all and in an ideal world it wouldn't but I also as an individual won't take seriously something that doesn't tick anything on a list of what warrants something being taken seriously. Who is actually even suggesting we should get rid of Klopp? No offence to those people who are, they are entitled to their opinions but for me, no one of any sort of note is doing it, there's not even a morsel of a hint of anyone who generally says anything worth reading anywhere who is even remotely close to suggesting we should entertain the idea of Klopp leaving the club

Its just some stupid small time talk from no one of any note that I believe is going absolutely nowhere and therefore I think the likelihood of it actually forming into anything is absolute nonsense. From everything i'm seeing its absolutely light years away from even creeping into the minds of any respectable fan, if i'm incorrect about this i'm happy to be shown that but I just don't see people being stupid enough to suggest it as an idea let alone push it as a real strategy for the club, just makes me cringe more than anything because its stupidness. The same as for example some saying Trent cant defend, not once have I held any form of belief that it's going to sweep up any notable percentage of our fans, a simple example plucked from the first thing that entered my head, yes some genuinely believe it but it's nonsense and not with any real force behind it so it will just wither and die as an idea instead of creeping into our fans beliefs because again it's nonsense formed from a lack of understanding and generally most people aren't stupid enough to believe it. He could improve on it and Klopp could improve as a manager (as could every manager and player EVER) but very very very veryyyy few will buy into an idea which is fucking nonsense.

Why on earth would I give any credit to a nonsense opinion of 'Klopp out' as if it's going to spread like wildfire when in reality the likelihood is people will vent their frustrations towards the ACTUAL issues (investment, planning, appointing the correct staff and buying the right players) just as they are now. If I see fans who have respectable takes and provide actual insight into different facets of the game suggesting Klopps position should be in question then I might believe some kind of tide is turning in the fanbase, but I genuinely think right now the calls are a drop in the ocean and will remain that way. Klopp is not the problem and I think that's clear to see for 99.9% of our fans, that 0.1% are saying laughable things that IMO will lead no where and rightly fucking so. The cheek of those calls is insulting to our manager and the club itself and shows an alarming lack of awareness and understanding, I don't for a second think that little of our fans that i'd expect people to be following suit and i've seen NOTHING to suggest they will be either

I don't seem to think that at all, and that's rubbish. I know full well how it works, I just also am not going to panic about something I don't see happening. Much in the same vein why weren't you screaming this stuff earlier when some were saying Klopp out? It's been happening from some for years and not a single peep. I'd imagine it's for the exact same reasons i've not highlighted or worried about it, because it's a tiny percentage of people displaying a lack of understanding and grasp of consequence. Again in an ideal world it wouldn't happen at all, but it's not something i'm going to expect, our fans aren't fucking stupid
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 02:56:23 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8794 on: January 30, 2023, 03:03:04 pm »

So then we’re left with Jurgen would be fine doing it but is prevented from doing so by malign forces. Yay?! Considering Jurgen is in all likelihood fully in charge of anything squad related then this is kind of insulting.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8795 on: January 30, 2023, 03:26:09 pm »

I noticed some LFC football writers, lately one from The Anfield Wrap starting to blame Klopp then at the end say calls for him to be sacked are nonsense like this sentence will make it ok. All the pressure should be on the owners to give Klopp more resources not the time to blame him.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8796 on: January 30, 2023, 03:26:45 pm »

Does that mean we can hold the 'Shiny new toy' contingent of the forum responsible for the transfer policy of late? Or should we take the more realistic view that FSG will assess the situation objectively and don't care what people on Twitter or RAWK think about the managerial situation or our transfer policy?

I mean, isolated voices on social media were calling for Klopp to go two years ago and it didn't make any difference. There wasn't some groundswell of movement against him. If it gets to the point where half the fanbase is calling for it then it will be because there are obvious sizeable issues there and they'll need to be analysed seriously, not reflexively shouted down because it makes people feel uncomfortable to think about it.

Or to pick another example, odd voices were saying last season that Fabinho and Henderson weren't the same players, and now it seems to be more or less a uniform opinion. Is that because the opinions of those others picked up traction on their own accord (or by some kind of dark magic), or is it simply because the evidence has become undeniable?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8797 on: January 30, 2023, 03:32:02 pm »
I've never seen him down and as passive as this before.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8798 on: January 30, 2023, 03:34:05 pm »
Klopp is the last person to leave. Like Zorc said with hindsight.. You'd sell the entire team before him.

I do think he needs help from above with regards to a strong sporting director to keep him in check.

We were at our very best with Edwards, Gordon and Klopp working in a challenging but respectful environment. The Salah, Mane signings for example are where the set up was running at it's very best.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8799 on: January 30, 2023, 03:55:14 pm »
So then we’re left with Jurgen would be fine doing it but is prevented from doing so by malign forces. Yay?! Considering Jurgen is in all likelihood fully in charge of anything squad related then this is kind of insulting.

You've written this in a way that makes it really hard to understand what point you're making - not sure who my post is supposed to be insulting???