Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 316277 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Serie A
« Reply #1520 on: October 6, 2019, 09:49:28 pm »
2 - 1 ft. Deserved. Conte's Inter have been great so far this season against sides that grant them space to bring it forward but this game, especially 2nd half, Juve's organised high press broke their possession game completely. Only towards the end when Juve dropped deeper did Inter create some chances. It'll be interesting to see, as the season goes on, how opponents approach Inter.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1521 on: October 6, 2019, 10:19:25 pm »
Yeah Lukaku was shit. Had a great chance at the end to play someone in to go 1 on 1 but preferred a little flick and lost possession.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1522 on: October 10, 2019, 07:16:32 pm »
Stefano Pioli To Bring 'Different Ideas And Concepts' To Milan

Stefano Pioli was appointed as Milan's new manager, replacing Marco Giampaolo.

Giampaolo lasted just 7 matches, and a club record of 111 days.

“A new Coach arrives, certainly one with different ideas and concepts of football. We have to build our identity, there are games to play and that means we have only limited time to work. We’ve got to make the most of every instant we have on that training field, get to know each other and become a team as quickly as possible," said Pioli.

https://www.football-italia.net/145071/pioli-different-milan-ideas

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1523 on: October 10, 2019, 07:23:45 pm »
Don't know much about Stefano Pioli but he seems another underwhelming appointment. What's with Italian clubs primarily going for Italian managers only? Is it something to do with cultural and language barriers?

I'm just baffled that Milan keep appointing shit managers one after another. Hopefully Man Utd continue down the same path as them. :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: October 10, 2019, 07:35:35 pm »
Don't know much about Stefano Pioli but he seems another underwhelming appointment. What's with Italian clubs primarily going for Italian managers only? Is it something to do with cultural and language barriers?

I'm just baffled that Milan keep appointing shit managers one after another. Hopefully Man Utd continue down the same path as them. :D
Same here, AC Milan fans already trended "Pioliout" before he was even appointed, not a good start I would say.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: October 19, 2019, 09:02:52 pm »
Pjanic in sensational form

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: October 20, 2019, 12:54:39 pm »
lukaku scoring twice and keeping inter within touching distance of juve at the moment.

is conte doing a good job or just inter a strong team before the arrival of conte?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: October 20, 2019, 12:55:25 pm »
lukaku scoring twice and keeping inter within touching distance of juve at the moment.

is conte doing a good job or just inter a strong team before the arrival of conte?

Both.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1528 on: October 20, 2019, 09:37:01 pm »
AC Milan:
New manager, check
Shit result, check.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: October 21, 2019, 03:58:26 pm »
AC Milan:
New manager, check
Shit result, check.

Such poor decision-making. Pioli is competent, but a known quantity, with limited scope to truly grow the club. As a pure coach, in terms of his ideas, the tactical rigour of his teams, Giampaolo is among the best in the game imo. Now any coach's quality will only ever be recognised by the wider world when you marry the coach's quality with the players and the sporting environment. In that sense, Giampaolo isn't recognised yet but that's the beauty of these bets, you get to be the first and reap the potential rewards. You appoint a coach with a focus on risk and initiative like Giampaolo, you need to give him a year just to take root, build in those ideas, get through those defeats, back your investment. Like with any investment, understand the nature of the product and act accordingly. What they did is neither here nor there.

Both Milan and Utd are lacking quality at the very top. I've always wondered why more clubs don't create a clear structure for these guys, the ones appointing the managers and coaching structure; both incentivise and penalise. You sack a guy after less than 10 games you walk with him, forego your compensation.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 04:00:27 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1530 on: October 21, 2019, 06:19:36 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXJAe25NHY

Lukaku is already speaking excellent Italian!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: October 23, 2019, 09:02:22 pm »
Thiago Motta Appointed New Manager Of Genoa

Genoa appointed Thiago Motta to replace Aurelio Andreazzoli as their new manager.

The 37-year-old Motta has previous coaching experience with PSG's U19s.

Motta presented his ideas for a 2-7-2 formation while at PSG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to hear more about this, let's see if he will implement that actually in Genoa.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1532 on: October 24, 2019, 10:11:21 pm »
It would appear Jack Rodwell is having a medical at Roma as a free agent due to their injuries in the midfield, one of the most random signings of recent times!

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: October 26, 2019, 04:04:55 pm »
Juve drew away at Lecce - that's thrown the cat among the pigeons. But what got me watching that, is that the fans are all bathed in sunlight wearing shorts and t-shirts.  8)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: October 27, 2019, 04:20:46 pm »
Gasperini is unbelievably good.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1535 on: October 27, 2019, 07:10:19 pm »
It would appear Jack Rodwell is having a medical at Roma as a free agent due to their injuries in the midfield, one of the most random signings of recent times!

At a guess they’ve signed him to keep some of them company in the treatment room
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: October 27, 2019, 07:13:59 pm »
Looks like problems run deeper than a manager change for Milan, these players' confidences are all time low. At this point even Ole and Marco Silva wouldn't be able to make them competitive.

Meanwhile great start yesterday for Thiago Motta, i think he will be a great manager.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: October 27, 2019, 07:14:53 pm »
Gasperini is unbelievably good.
Sounds like a cheap Russian vodka though :D

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: October 29, 2019, 01:18:37 pm »
I see Ribery has got himself a 3 match ban for pushing an official *after the match finished".  Lol.  What an idiot

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: October 30, 2019, 09:57:43 pm »
Shock horror. Juventus get a 96th minute penalty to win the Turin derby.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1540 on: October 30, 2019, 10:17:50 pm »
Shock horror. Juventus get a 96th minute penalty to win the Turin derby.
Juventus isn’t in Genoa  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: October 31, 2019, 12:05:29 am »
Why on earth are Juve wearing a 2nd version of their home kit

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/adidas-juventus-palace-19-20-fourth-kit.html

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1542 on: October 31, 2019, 12:36:12 am »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1543 on: October 31, 2019, 11:28:28 am »
Roma won 4-0 away from home despite having a fella sent off on 32'!  Southampton fans will enjoy that fact I'm sure.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1544 on: October 31, 2019, 11:48:24 am »
Roma won 4-0 away from home despite having a fella sent off on 32'!  Southampton fans will enjoy that fact I'm sure.

Chris Smalling scored for them too!

They seem to love him in Roma!  Good for him really, for making the move, he's a hell of a lot better than Rojo and Jones, and seems to have settled well with Roma.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: October 31, 2019, 02:35:42 pm »
Anyone ever been to San Siro to watch a game? Thinking of going in Feb. How easy is it to get couple of tickets?

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1546 on: October 31, 2019, 03:59:04 pm »
Anyone ever been to San Siro to watch a game? Thinking of going in Feb. How easy is it to get couple of tickets?
Piece of piss unless it’s the derby or Juve. I’d recommend buying online beforehand though as you’ll get an e-ticket and also the chance to see where your specific seat is. Remember ID when you get to the ground.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: October 31, 2019, 04:55:09 pm »
Piece of piss unless it’s the derby or Juve. I’d recommend buying online beforehand though as you’ll get an e-ticket and also the chance to see where your specific seat is. Remember ID when you get to the ground.
Cheers. They are down to play Torino the weekend I might be going. Where's best place to get the tickets?

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1548 on: October 31, 2019, 05:18:54 pm »
Cheers. They are down to play Torino the weekend I might be going. Where's best place to get the tickets?
That will be easy to get tickets for. Who is playing? Milan or Inter?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: October 31, 2019, 06:29:43 pm »
That will be easy to get tickets for. Who is playing? Milan or Inter?
Milan.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1550 on: October 31, 2019, 07:52:22 pm »
Milan.
They’ll probably pay you to go in.

https://singletickets.acmilan.com/en/

You probably need to set up a log in which is free but easy after that if I recall correctly. February games won’t be there yet.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: October 31, 2019, 09:02:15 pm »
I saw that My penalty on SSN this morning.

Absolutely shocking decision by the Ref, Ronaldo made a right meal of that.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1552 on: November 2, 2019, 09:48:16 pm »
Just watched Torino v Juve

Absolutely unwatchable with play acting and worst of all the ref giving every single thing every player was selling

Absolutely as thick as they come to fall for that I just don’t get it. Thank fuck I’m not Italian and have to watch that every week
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1553 on: November 3, 2019, 11:05:46 am »
Horrible start by Napoli this season. 5-3-3 is simply a bad record for a title challenger especially when you know Juventus rarely drop points.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: November 8, 2019, 01:29:03 pm »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1555 on: November 8, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »
They should cancel football in Italy till they get their shit together (probably never?), what with the racism and the stabbings every season, it's like no ones arsed there. Pathetic.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: November 8, 2019, 04:04:51 pm »
The last government they elected was a coalition of their version of UKIP (Cinque Stelle) and the BNP (Lega). The problem is their whole society is stuck in the 19th Century, racist football fans are low on the list of problems.

Put it this way: in 2014, the president of the Italian Football Federation (Carlo Tavecchio) referred to black players as “banana eaters”. He was not even sacked for it. Can you imagine the head of the FA saying something like that? Seriously, Italy has got some serious problems.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: November 8, 2019, 04:38:44 pm »
Can't UEFA do something about this? I know its an internal matter but Italian FA has shown no will to tackle the problem. They give football a bad name.

Things like these is why Serie A will never be as popular as it was in 90's. How can they hope to spread out and get viewers in Africa and Asia when half the games have racist chants?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1558 on: November 8, 2019, 04:50:40 pm »
Fucking 'Ultras'

Softarse mummy's boys strutting about and hitting people from behind before legging off, or stabbing people in the buttocks and fizzing away on their crappy mopeds.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1559 on: November 8, 2019, 05:02:39 pm »
Fucking 'Ultras'

Softarse mummy's boys strutting about and hitting people from behind before legging off, or stabbing people in the buttocks and fizzing away on their crappy mopeds.
Nail on head. Run a mile in a one on one without weapons.