Author Topic: Football commentator/pundits  (Read 50156 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2018 - Who's the best commentator/pundit?
« Reply #240 on: January 8, 2024, 11:35:04 am »
Shearer was fine.  Arsenal played really well in the first half, we couldn't get out and they had plenty of great opportunities that they managed to squander and he was basically saying as much.  That doesn't make him a biased pundit.
Give me Shearer over Neville all day.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: January 8, 2024, 01:30:18 pm »
I agree, thought Mowbray and Shearer were far superior to the utter drivel served up by Sky/Amazon/BT. Any perceived bias towards Arsenal was probably them being swept up by the crowd more than anything. With the exception of Tyldesley (who is flawed but has always put in a good performance when we perform) and McCoist, there's not many more who are just fine.

Perceived bias such as him idiotically suggesting that arsenal should have been 5-0 up by halftime?  ???

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: January 8, 2024, 01:53:42 pm »
Perceived bias such as him idiotically suggesting that arsenal should have been 5-0 up by halftime?  ???
I think every time he mentioned Arsenal should’ve been ahead, he had to add an extra goal on.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #243 on: January 8, 2024, 02:08:00 pm »
Give me Shearer over Neville all day.

Shearer wasn't terrible yesterday (a bit sore from the Newcastle game) but even he wouldn't have been as bad as Neville against Newcastle.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2024, 09:54:08 am »
I know nothing about him, but Gary Breen was the 2nd commentator on the Premier Sports feed I was watching in the FA Cup game with Arsenal and I thought his comments were a lot more insightful than your average.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2024, 09:53:43 pm »
Who was the co commentator on Sky today?  Thought he was pretty good.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2024, 09:56:22 pm »
Don Goodman. He's pretty good, tends to call it as he sees it. He usually does Sky's Football League games so isn't marinated in Sky's PL narrative bullshit.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2024, 10:39:19 pm »
Was it Goodman or the other fella who said, when talking about the Penalty shout, "that's just bad defending and you can't get penalised for that"
The fuck is that supposed to mean?  You can just be shit now and it's a good enough reason to not give penalties

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:36 pm »
Was it Goodman or the other fella who said, when talking about the Penalty shout, "that's just bad defending and you can't get penalised for that"
The fuck is that supposed to mean?  You can just be shit now and it's a good enough reason to not give penalties
Yeah so if you’re shit, or you slip, it is not a penalty against Liverpool. What the fuck is a penalty now then?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2024, 10:44:47 pm »
Goodman's not bad....the worst thing you can say about him is his voice sounds a bit like Andy Hinchcliffe's....thankfully the similarity stops there.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2024, 12:07:32 am »
Who was the co commentator on Sky today?  Thought he was pretty good.
Don Goodman. He's very good. Moment his voice came on (I thought Carra would be on) I put my remote down ...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2024, 02:54:59 am »
Bloody excellent is Don Goodman. Why does he not do more games and why do we only have to be subjected to the awful whinings of Neville and Carra?

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2024, 07:39:01 am »
Goodman's not bad....the worst thing you can say about him is his voice sounds a bit like Andy Hinchcliffe's....thankfully the similarity stops there.

Yeah, he's fine. Was quick to call out the manc's antics twice!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2024, 09:54:42 am »

I thought it was Hinchcliffe when I heard him. Specially the penalty part but yeah he seems alright. They really should go with different people more often and help to keep it fresh because hearing the same old boring clap trap from Neville and Carragher is very tiring.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2024, 02:36:11 pm »
Jason Cundy is a bitter gobshite. Crap player and an even worse pundit.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2024, 02:58:39 pm »
Jason Cundy is a bitter gobshite. Crap player and an even worse pundit.
Yes, yes and yes
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2024, 04:39:29 pm »
Rio Ferdinand - Man City have best recruitment team. Alvarez where did they find him from ::)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2024, 01:08:08 pm »
Stephen Hendry is brilliant in the snooker as a commentator. Exactly what you want to hear from someone on comms. Knows his stuff, puts it across well, gives you an insight into what the players think or why they do what they do. Really excellent.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2024, 01:11:25 pm »
Rio Ferdinand - Man City have best recruitment team. Alvarez where did they find him from ::)

I like Rio as all his predictions end up being completely wrong !!

Just hope he doesnt tip us to win anything 🤣🤣

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2024, 02:34:18 pm »
I like Rio as all his predictions end up being completely wrong !!

Just hope he doesnt tip us to win anything 🤣🤣
Him and Ratboy are always completely wrong when it comes to predictions.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2024, 10:04:17 am »
Him and Ratboy are always completely wrong when it comes to predictions.

I loved Ratboys one a few years back.  Varane + Sancho + Kane = Title
When they got Ronaldo instead of Kane he was even more cocky too. He just forgot to add on all the other stuff they needed like a good manager, few decent midfielders, 1 or 2 defenders, good striker , few players with who's attitude wasn't awful and a decent structure.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2024, 10:42:35 am »
On BT Sports the other day (or TNT whatever it's called nowadays) they had a Scottish commentator doing a Premier League or FA Cup game. I didn't catch his name but I've heard him commentating on Scottish games before. His commentary was very good and he kept it nice a simple, just talked about what was happening in the game without trying to impose his opinions on the listeners.

Only problem was it sounded like Savage was his co-commentator which spoilt it somewhat.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2024, 10:48:37 am »
On BT Sports the other day (or TNT whatever it's called nowadays) they had a Scottish commentator doing a Premier League or FA Cup game. I didn't catch his name but I've heard him commentating on Scottish games before. His commentary was very good and he kept it nice a simple, just talked about what was happening in the game without trying to impose his opinions on the listeners.

Only problem was it sounded like Savage was his co-commentator which spoilt it somewhat.

Surprised it wasn't their "put her everywhere idiot" Lucy "I've fuck all of sense to say" Ward.

Jenas, Savage, Aluko, Ward, Carney,Ratboy,Carra - the lot of them are shite
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2024, 11:06:35 am »
I loved Ratboys one a few years back.  Varane + Sancho + Kane = Title
When they got Ronaldo instead of Kane he was even more cocky too. He just forgot to add on all the other stuff they needed like a good manager, few decent midfielders, 1 or 2 defenders, good striker , few players with who's attitude wasn't awful and a decent structure.

I didn't think Neville would ever top saying that Liverpool would like to swap our midfield for United's at the start of the season.

Then he said Arsenal had a better team 1-11 than Liverpool and should take them on.

Now he seems to think Spurs have a got a better team than us too.

He chats utter gibberish about Liverpool. There's no comparison with Carragher at all, who's pretty sensible when commenting on United.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2024, 06:03:09 pm »
I didn't think Neville would ever top saying that Liverpool would like to swap our midfield for United's at the start of the season.

Then he said Arsenal had a better team 1-11 than Liverpool and should take them on.

He chats utter gibberish about Liverpool. There's no comparison with Carragher at all, who's pretty sensible when commenting on United.

He's like that kid who always says i hate your team blah blah his act is wearing very thin these days
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2024, 06:17:09 pm »
Surprised it wasn't their "put her everywhere idiot" Lucy "I've fuck all of sense to say" Ward.

Jenas, Savage, Aluko, Ward, Carney,Ratboy,Carra - the lot of them are shite
They all talk too much with fuck all of interest to say.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2024, 12:12:05 pm »
Stephen Hendry is brilliant in the snooker as a commentator. Exactly what you want to hear from someone on comms. Knows his stuff, puts it across well, gives you an insight into what the players think or why they do what they do. Really excellent.
Love Stephen Hendry - his YouTube channel is a pleasure to watch. His interview on Simon Jordan's podcast is good also.

My opinion of Jordan is heavily conflicted - arrogant Tory arsehole the majority of the time, but has plenty of takes on the world of sport I agree with or at least respect and understand, his interviews pull no punches.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2024, 12:25:22 pm »

My favourite part about him tipping Spurs to finish above us is that his argument centres around 5 players that Spurs currently have missing. Whilst completely ignoring the 7 that are currently unavailable for us.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2024, 02:02:02 pm »
Love Stephen Hendry - his YouTube channel is a pleasure to watch. His interview on Simon Jordan's podcast is good also.

My opinion of Jordan is heavily conflicted - arrogant Tory arsehole the majority of the time, but has plenty of takes on the world of sport I agree with or at least respect and understand, his interviews pull no punches.

Must check that out.
I agree on Jordan. He's a bit of a peacock most of the time. I always find it interesting to hear a take from the ownership/financial side of football which you don't get too often and it can open your eyes to a few things. He's definitely hypocritical on things but what I do like about him is that he has no time for people like Gary Neville and Piers Moron

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2024, 02:15:58 pm »
Jordan is pretty good, dunno where the Tory thing is coming from, he's regularly laid into them.  I expect he's someone who just votes with whichever party suits him best at the time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2024, 05:09:19 pm »
Jordan is pretty good, dunno where the Tory thing is coming from, he's regularly laid into them.  I expect he's someone who just votes with whichever party suits him best at the time.

Not a lover of him but I did read his autobiography recently as I thought it might be an interesting read and it was.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2024, 08:05:52 pm »
Neville on dragons den bigging himself up 🤣

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2024, 10:03:35 pm »
Making loads of dough kicking a football then plonking it into commercial, hotels and higher-end residential property in a city booming with new construction, run by people very pleased with your aforementioned kicking career. It's proper Art of the Deal shit.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2024, 10:23:32 am »
His pitch to the guy at the end was great. 'Peter Jones is great with e-commerce, Steven is brilliant growing businesses with the brand side of things, and I can...um I'll be at the end of the phone if you ever want a chat'.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2024, 10:25:58 am »
His pitch to the guy at the end was great. 'Peter Jones is great with e-commerce, Steven is brilliant growing businesses with the brand side of things, and I can...um I'll be at the end of the phone if you ever want a chat'.

"I like to help people" - especially if it benefits me 🤣🤣

"I feel uncomfortable selling Mark Hughes boots but im ok taking Qatari blood money"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2024, 11:14:13 pm »
 ;D

Troy Deeney on his sacking:

“They told me it was because of results but I have trouble believing that. I feel to a certain extent, I have been used for my contacts and pulling power.”

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2024, 11:02:30 pm »
;D

Troy Deeney is a clown. Nothing to do with not winning a game and publicly humiliating his players eh.
29 days in the job, yet one of his players got a touch about from before his time
He hit out at Reece Brown for being late and Fankaty Dabo not being good enough “for five, six, seven, eight nine weeks”

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2024, 08:59:59 am »
Troy Deeney is a clown. Nothing to do with not winning a game and publicly humiliating his players eh.
29 days in the job, yet one of his players got a touch about from before his time
He hit out at Reece Brown for being late and Fankaty Dabo not being good enough “for five, six, seven, eight nine weeks”

He was a player/coach there before becoming manager to be fair to him. Still a cock though.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2024, 10:58:25 am »
Deeney got sacked for his outbursts no doubt about that as you cant speak in public like that.

FGR have been poor for a year so its not all on him results wise imo he has took over a shambles but he knew that when he put his head on the chopping block.

There might be some truth in what he says about players being late we  have seen that with Sakho and Utd with Sancho but he doesnt have the skills to handle that.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2024, 03:18:01 pm »
Jesus fuckin Christ....Lucy Ward......the relentless verbal diarrhoea of Darren Fletcher....combined with the Harry Enfield 'Only Me' cuntishness of Andy Hinchcliffe. .and the state the blindingly obvious boring bollocks of Jermaine Jenas....it's quite the combination...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.