Author Topic: Bog Roll Mania  (Read 13891 times)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bog Roll Mania
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2020, 09:23:38 am »
my order came to £70 odd so I was surprised when it said I would have to pay between 2 to 5 quid for a delivery 1 week from now
Yeah I made on order with tesco yesterday. Won't be delivered until next Monday. Charged €7 delivery, don't know if that's the usual fee.
I'm worried that 7/8 day wait is going to start getting longer as the days and weeks go by. Unless they hire a ton of new drivers with vans.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2020, 09:26:28 am »
Yeah I made on order with tesco yesterday. Won't be delivered until next Monday. Charged €7 delivery, don't know if that's the usual fee.
I'm worried that 7/8 day wait is going to start getting longer as the days and weeks go by. Unless they hire a ton of new drivers with vans.

Nah the system locks in a set time within the capacity, so it shouldn't slip unless they start getting drivers going off ill. They all seem to be trying to take on new drivers though as it's a massive growth area for all stores (even before corona).

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2020, 09:26:38 am »
Bit nuts eh but these are strange times. What I’ll do is put the order in for next week and just get this weeks shop in today by still goin shops. Then order the shop for 2 weeks away ne t Monday.Plan a week ahead etc and hopefully that’ll work for the time being

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:22 am »
my order came to £70 odd so I was surprised when it said I would have to pay between 2 to 5 quid for a delivery 1 week from now

My wife looked last night and where we are we couldn’t even get a delivery for a week on Wednesday. We have a reasonable amount of food in and I refuse to join the panic buying hordes so we’ll either starve with a clear conscience or I’ll keep nipping to local shops and topping up as and when I can.

Got a 9 pack of bog roll so not shitting myself on that front just yet.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2020, 09:44:08 am »
If I don't get me hands on any bog rolls today I will be using a flannel & soap by tomorrow.  :-\
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2020, 09:59:15 am »
If I don't get me hands on any bog rolls today I will be using a flannel & soap by tomorrow.  :-\

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2020, 10:25:09 am »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2020, 11:05:53 am »
My wife looked last night and where we are we couldn’t even get a delivery for a week on Wednesday. We have a reasonable amount of food in and I refuse to join the panic buying hordes so we’ll either starve with a clear conscience or I’ll keep nipping to local shops and topping up as and when I can.

Got a 9 pack of bog roll so not shitting myself on that front just yet.

If I'm being honest, I could find a lot of benefit with going a couple of months without eating.  ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2020, 11:06:54 am »
Monday morning 8am supermarket opens.

I enter the market at 08:20, the entire bog roll rack is empty.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2020, 11:08:57 am »
If I'm being honest, I could find a lot of benefit with going a couple of months without eating.  ;)

The weight loss thread is going to be full of some very smug people come August. :D

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2020, 11:11:27 am »
The weight loss thread is going to be full of some very smug people come August. :D

With the amount of hoarding thats going on, I doubt people would come into the thread to post their weight loss stories. People eat what they hoarde and end up staying on the couch especially if working from home.  ::) ::)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2020, 11:17:29 am »
The Dutch have their priorities sorted:

People were queuing outside Dutch coffee shops on Sunday to stockpile cannabis ahead of the closure of most public places in the Netherlands, Jennifer Rankin, the Guardian’s Brussels correspondent, reports.

When it became known that Dutch coffee shops would be closing along with cafes and restaurants until 6 April, people rushed to stockpile cannabis. The daily newspaper Volkskrant reported that people were queuing outside coffee shops in cities across the Netherlands.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2020, 12:33:49 pm »
Cant believe what this fella is saying here..

https://streamable.com/3rhqi

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2020, 12:35:49 pm »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2020, 12:45:35 pm »
Monday morning 8am supermarket opens.

I enter the market at 08:20, the entire bog roll rack is empty.

Absolutely loads of bog roll in the shops round here.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2020, 02:01:17 pm »
They are being replenished on an hourly basis as opposed to everyday basis.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2020, 02:53:50 pm »
It's getting silly now.

The local drug dealer just asked me if I was interested in a two-pack of Andrex.

The restaurant on the high street are also taking payment in cash, card and bog roll.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2020, 02:55:22 pm »
I’ve just sold off all my bitcoin to buy Andrex.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2020, 04:45:02 pm »
Went shop this morning. Tins all gone,toilet rolls mostly gone and pasta all gone and hardly any milk. Fucking mad

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2020, 04:49:23 pm »
Went shop this morning. Tins all gone,toilet rolls mostly gone and pasta all gone and hardly any milk. Fucking mad

people are c*nts
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2020, 04:55:34 pm »

A supermarket in his own fucking house.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/fjisv9/idiots_stockpiling_good_due_to_corona/

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2020, 04:56:16 pm »
Getting paid around 80 hours overtime at the end of this month. I requested it to be paid in toilet roll but apparently that's not possible.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2020, 05:10:07 pm »
Getting paid around 80 hours overtime at the end of this month. I requested it to be paid in toilet roll but apparently that's not possible.

If I asked that they'd say yeah no problem but it would be used  :(
Legacy fan

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2020, 05:10:45 pm »
people are c*nts
Yup.Good thing is from what I got told ,is you couldn’t buy more than four of any item as I saw the girls putting up(a sign) as I was in there

I know people will get around it by goin in separately but it won’t be as easy for them as before
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:12:28 pm by Capon Debaser »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2020, 09:12:32 pm »
Yup.Good thing is from what I got told ,is you couldn’t buy more than four of any item as I saw the girls putting up(a sign) as I was in there

I know people will get around it by goin in separately but it won’t be as easy for them as before

Had to nip in the Aldi earlier and they've got signs saying the same. Not an egg, fresh chicken, loaf, mince, bacon or sausages to be found.

People are fucking thick, if they buy at the normal rate, then the stores can be restocked - however at the rate the c*nts are buying, there isn't enough stock at the RDCs nor trucks and drivers available to refill the stores, so we will have shortages for months.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:24:15 pm by John C »

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2020, 10:03:53 am »
Just been to Poundland to get some notepads now I'm working from home, EVERY other person in there was buying bog rolls.

All of them, forget herd immunity, this is herd stupidity.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2020, 10:07:52 am »
Managed to get my Sainsburys delivery last night with a few small changes. They'd removed toilet roll from the order. No problem. I will get some from elsewhere.

However I went on to see what the next delivery date is...nothing until 6th April and that's the furthest their calendar goes.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2020, 10:08:48 am »

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2020, 10:11:51 am »
..and another  :D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2020, 10:42:09 am »
Over half my Asda order for tomorrow is out of stock

What's funny is all tinned stuff is out of stock but nothing fresh

You can freeze plenty of veg. Not all, but it's dirt cheap and in stock. Gonna freeze a load of spring onions n that.

Bog roll situ: 6 left

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2020, 11:32:47 am »
I have about 50 in the house. One of those things we bulk buy from amazon. Bought the current lot in January.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2020, 11:33:35 am »
Managed to get my Sainsburys delivery last night with a few small changes. They'd removed toilet roll from the order. No problem. I will get some from elsewhere.

However I went on to see what the next delivery date is...nothing until 6th April and that's the furthest their calendar goes.

By the c*nts panic bulk buying they will have emptied the RDC's, so until they can be refreshed we're fucked.

Once this is all over, I hope they start going through the card transactions of everybody and those identified as bulk buying need to be prosecuted. Utterly cuntish behaviour in times like these needs punishing harsh enough to stop the c*nts doing it again.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2020, 11:59:10 am »
Shops are starting to look like something out of Fallout.

It's strange the things that people won't buy though. Shop by ours last night had fish but no chicken, burgers but no mince etc. Even the frozen mince had gone.

Going to get my lad from uni later this week and his job when he gets home will be to roam the fields foraging and setting traps for small edible animals.

Might buy an air rifle and a fishing rod.
Legacy fan

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2020, 12:53:29 pm »
^

Hhmm. Think I might have to dig my air rifle out of the garage - there's plenty of squirrels around here and I'm sure a local farmer wouldn't mind me taking some rabbits from his fields.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2020, 01:44:36 pm »
Been told we can work from home if we want to. Would I be justified in taking some work bog roll home? Just as essential as the work laptop in my opinion
Legacy fan

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2020, 02:04:42 pm »
There’s panic on the streets of Carlisle
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2020, 04:28:14 pm »
Ticket Touts be selling tickets for bog roll.
Then touting bog roll.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2020, 06:17:28 pm »
There'll be rationing soon - just like during the war.

They're making so many war analogies that it'll only be time.

Next it'll be "We will wipe them on the beaches" sort of thing.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2020, 06:41:12 pm »
There'll be rationing soon - just like during the war.

They're making so many war analogies that it'll only be time.

Next it'll be "We will wipe them on the beaches" sort of thing.
The Dunkirk spirit got a mention today in conversation with the neighbours.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.