Author Topic: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 10428 times)

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2024, 08:52:39 pm »
Wanted Suarez but had him in mind for the advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTNjswv968E&ab_channel=AbitabOficial

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2024, 08:57:47 pm »
Wanted Suarez but had him in mind for the advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTNjswv968E&ab_channel=AbitabOficial

Haha great minds, mate. Sadio was my second choice.

I've PMed both Tubby and Surfer by the way. Though I'm pretty sure Tubby is out. Surfer also hasn't been online since he signed up for the draft! You'll be up again just before 11pm (UK time) if neither of them show up.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2024, 09:44:12 pm »
If you want to change your pick you are totally welcome to. Musk too. I wasn't trying to trick anyone with that category. Just figured with it being the least wordy of them and and not including the words natural blond, people would see it won't be too strict. Of course, if someone tries to sneak in obviously brown hair it won't pass the test.

I'm more than happy to have Schuster in my team. Won't lie, it was just a pick off the top of my head this morning. But, what a player. I loved watching him when I was young.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2024, 10:43:18 pm »
I'll pick in about 20 minutes if no sign of the others. Suits that I don't have to pick tomorrow morning as in office and in meetings from 8.30-13.00 so awkward getting online.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2024, 10:53:53 pm »
Yep, Tubby has declared himself out. Surfer might possibly have been muted? His last comment was in a politics thread, which is always dangerous territory.

Once Popcorn has picked we're outside draft hours, so no-one will miss their go until we restart the clock at 9am. Though if anyone is online they can pick of course. I will if I get a chance  :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:55:50 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2024, 11:03:31 pm »
Potentially risky picking a City player this early but imagine how good De Bruyne would be playing in Jurgen's system.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2024, 11:17:39 pm »
Potentially risky picking a City player this early but imagine how good De Bruyne would be playing in Jurgen's system.

De Bruyne is well rated in drafts. One of a handful of acceptable blue mancs. Liverpool supporter too  :D

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2024, 03:25:08 am »
Sorry Betty, have pmed my pick if it's still ok to draft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2024, 03:47:12 am »
Take your pick mate.  You have 2 to do. :D

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2024, 04:14:52 am »
In that case, second pick is Paolo Maldini, category 9.
Video:
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/4o_8NbOaoWU&amp;pp=ygUVQWR2ZXJ0aXNlbWVudCBtYWxkaW5p" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/4o_8NbOaoWU&amp;pp=ygUVQWR2ZXJ0aXNlbWVudCBtYWxkaW5p</a>

First pick I've pmed Betty.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2024, 04:21:29 am »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2024, 05:11:51 am »
Left my picks with Betty and Haz. PM them when I’m up.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2024, 06:53:21 am »
No worries, i went round to his house anyway.
Thanks for dropping by.  Glad we've got half our defence sorted out now.

Marauding centre back Ruud the perfect Klopp player

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2024, 06:54:23 am »
Prof's not been online since yesterday.
Stalker!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2024, 10:54:47 am »
CIT's time is up at 11am. I will pick shortly after that.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2024, 11:24:56 am »
Done and PMed Red. Hopefully we can move a bit faster today. I'm off sick right now so don't hesitate to send me your picks if you're not going to be about.

FYI I spent a disproportionate amount of time last night looking at pictures of Lahm's hair, and came to the conclusion that it is probably light brown. Even though in the right light it did occasionally appear blond-ish. The things we do for drafting.

Edit: well, that was interesting timing  :-X  Think we might need to have a chat about this one.

Also, I've just found out Popcorn did not PM CIT. So let's pause while he catches up and we ponder Lahm's hair colour. Please always remember to PM the guy below/above you in the order.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:28:51 am by Betty Blue »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2024, 11:34:57 am »
Lahm was on my list as blonde

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2024, 11:41:51 am »
Can we get some opinions on Lahm's hair?

I ruled himself out for myself, because I felt it was more of a light brown. But I am not infallible.

Maybe I'm colour blind. There are definitely some pictures where it appears blond-ish, but those I think have been lifted by the stadium lighting. Normally it seems to look more like this -

I'm starting to regret this category though. It's definitely going to be a mess. Maybe it's best if we just don't take the blond category at all seriously and let anything vaguely blond go. Feel bad for Hazell though.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2024, 11:47:22 am »
Is it Las's turn? I have his pick.

I'm after Las bit might be an hour so.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2024, 12:11:40 pm »
Seems no-one is about. Quietest draft discussion thread there's been in ages. Usually there'd be a huge argument by now  :D 

My original intention for the rule was that players like Lahm would be acceptable. I only started re-thinking (and probably overthinking) after Hazell's round 1 Brehme pick.

So I guess we just let it be what it is. Anything blond-ish is fair game. Sorry Haz.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2024, 12:13:19 pm »
Can we get some opinions on Lahm's hair?

I ruled himself out for myself, because I felt it was more of a light brown. But I am not infallible.

Maybe I'm colour blind. There are definitely some pictures where it appears blond-ish, but those I think have been lifted by the stadium lighting. Normally it seems to look more like this -

I'm starting to regret this category though. It's definitely going to be a mess. Maybe it's best if we just don't take the blond category at all seriously and let anything vaguely blond go. Feel bad for Hazell though.
Quite clearly not blonde.  I'm not in the fence on this one.  However, for the category to work (and be a laugh) I think any player who has a photo (not edited by us) with blonde hair is allowed (I'd go as far as removing the German bit).

An example could be, Phil Babb dressed up as Marilyn Monroe would be accepted.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2024, 12:14:22 pm »
Just popping in to say that Lahm does not have blonde hair.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2024, 12:15:54 pm »
Ooooh now it's getting tasty  ;D

Might have to pause again while we argue this out  :P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2024, 12:20:34 pm »
He's not close to blonde.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2024, 12:21:28 pm »
Quite clearly not blonde.  I'm not in the fence on this one.  However, for the category to work (and be a laugh) I think any player who has a photo (not edited by us) with blonde hair is allowed (I'd go as far as removing the German bit).

An example could be, Phil Babb dressed up as Marilyn Monroe would be accepted.

It is probably too late to make changes to that rule now. Also needs to be Klopp relevant in any case. Unless you have a picture of Klopp dressed as Marilyn Monroe somewhere (asking for a friend).

I also don't think Lahm has blonde hair in the strictest sense (maybe he gets highlights sometimes *shrug*). The question is how strict do we want to be on this rule? Because we need to hammer this out now before it creates more issues down the line.

What's the verdict on bleached blonde hairdos for example

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:23:59 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2024, 01:51:02 pm »
So.....

We need to decide on the blond rule asap.

- Clearly blond players only?

For: Musk, Prof,

- Passably blond players okay?

For: Draex

(I am neutral)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2024, 01:57:07 pm »
I'd go with the bleeched/highlights guys too makes it a bit more fun and i'd say they possibly more qualified blonde than someone like Lahm who's clearly light brown ;D

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2024, 01:57:19 pm »
I'd say from now it must be blonde, we only have Lahm who is very close.

I more meant the pics I had seen of Lahm were blonde so he was on my list.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2024, 02:08:31 pm »
I'm happy just to make it any German international player. I'm sure most were blonde until they were 10 anyway.

Could I use Guy Pearce as a blonde? :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2024, 02:15:37 pm »
I'd go with the bleeched/highlights guys too makes it a bit more fun and i'd say they possibly more qualified blonde than someone like Lahm who's clearly light brown ;D
I'd say from now it must be blonde, we only have Lahm who is very close.

I more meant the pics I had seen of Lahm were blonde so he was on my list.

Yeah, I think at this point we probably have to let Lahm slide. Too many picks have since passed to make it fair to Red1977. So let's just say from now on we stick to blonds and highlights/bleaches. If it's a grey area then post in here and we can debate.

I'm happy just to make it any German international player. I'm sure most were blonde until they were 10 anyway.

Could I use Guy Pearce as a blonde? :D

In hindsight that might have been a smarter rule. Originally I was going to allow anyone with a 'tache in too  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2024, 02:16:52 pm »
P.S. Consensus. Is it blond or blonde? Google says blond is male and blonde is female. But something feels odd about typing blond without the e.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2024, 02:21:26 pm »
To be fair Lahm was my intended next pick. A bit gutted to see Henry go, I felt he was a really good lesser-known one for having managed Monaco. Would’ve been a nice way to get a world class player into the team.

Will settle for Hansen! Sarge has been PM’d and the clock is ticking.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2024, 02:57:22 pm »
 ;D Just seen the Lahm debate. I knew it would be boatderline. In the pic I’ve posted he looks blond to me but will concede in others he doesn’t. Happy to change it. What do you think?.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2024, 03:02:51 pm »
;D Just seen the Lahm debate. I knew it would be boatderline. In the pic I’ve posted he looks blond to me but will concede in others he doesn’t. Happy to change it. What do you think?.

Seems half the drafters had him on their shortlist too, so I think it's fine to leave it. A bit of controversy never hurt any draft  :D

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2024, 03:06:03 pm »
P.S. Consensus. Is it blond or blonde? Google says blond is male and blonde is female. But something feels odd about typing blond without the e.

Please never use anything I spell as a basis for anything official! I'm a terrible speller.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2024, 03:13:15 pm »

Ok. Cheers. Blond here for sure.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2024, 03:25:28 pm »

Ok. Cheers. Blond here for sure.

But look at the eyebrows. A touch of the Targaryeons going on there.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2024, 03:34:51 pm »
I will change it. Would rather have a solid pick rather than a dubious one. Can delete and post a new one now. Betts?.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2024, 03:36:14 pm »
Keep it for fucks sakes.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2024, 04:12:42 pm »
I will change it. Would rather have a solid pick rather than a dubious one. Can delete and post a new one now. Betts?.

People are just playing. Keep it, mate. I think there will be far more dubious picks to come anyway  :-X