Author Topic: Super Ultimate Last Ever * (Working Title) Movie Draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 16693 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Given we've now exhausted most decades in these movie drafts, it's time to put them all together for the Super Ultimate Last Ever Movie Drat!

So each drafter will pick movies from the following decades:

1x pre-50s, 1x 50s, 1x 60s, 1x 70s, 1x 80s, 1x 90s, 1x 00s, 1x 10-20s and one wildcard, which can be an extra one in any decade.

So that's nine movies in all to pick. They should fit into the nine categories below:

Cat 1. Action/War/Western
Cat 2. Thriller/Crime/Mystery
Cat 3. Adventure/Fantasy
Cat 4. Drama/Romance
Cat 5. Comedy
Cat 6. Sci-Fi
Cat 7. Horror
Cat 8. Animation/Family
Cat 9. Wildcard (pick anything)

The genre chosen for the film, must be present on its letterbox.com or IMDB page to be valid.

Example: The Godfather: https://letterboxd.com/film/the-godfather/genres/

In this example, you can choose either drama or crime, but you can't put it on thriller as it's not one of the genres covered.

In addition, each drafter must adhere the following:

* 1 Foreign language film.
* 1 black and white film
* Only 1 movie per director.
* No repeated lead actors.
* No repeat picks by anyone who participated in the other movie drafts. i.e. you can't pick a movie that you've previously picked in previous drafts.

Participants:

Hazell
Samie
Betty
Lobo
Chakan
Musketeer Gripweed
Buck Pete
Lastrador
Classycarra
Andy@Allerton
John_P
Draex
killer-heels
red mongoose
Sheer Magnetism
RobbieRedman
NICHOLLS1986
telekon
« Last Edit: March 8, 2023, 07:57:21 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
It would be wrong if I didn't enter right? ;)

* No repeat picks by the losers who participated in the other movie drafts.

Quick question, since I won the other 2 drafts can I use the same movies, since technically I didn't lose?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2023, 03:07:05 pm by Chakan »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It would be wrong if I didn't enter right? ;)

Quick question, since I won the other 2 drafts can I use the same movies, since technically I didn't lose?

I might need to phrase that. Everyone who participated in the previous movie drafts are losers, if you know what I mean :P

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I might need to phrase that. Everyone who participated in the previous movie drafts are losers, if you know what I mean :P

:lmao I figured that was the meaning behind it, but just wanted to clarify

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
PM the newbies who did the last film draft mate.  :wave

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
In, of course.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes please

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

* 1 Foreign language film.

Sheer will be happy to know i won't be picking a Brucie Movie for this draft :)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Add me to the list Haz, you fucker.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thanks for organising and PMing, hadn't clocked it!

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Sheer will be happy to know i won't be picking a Brucie Movie for this draft :)

It's going to be nice to see your pick, to see your pick nice.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I'll enter, but who is there to remind us of what we can/can't pick?

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Andy, you've done one ever draft mate. Surely you can remember what you've picked previosly?  ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Si Senor! (I’m in)
« Last Edit: March 3, 2023, 05:53:26 pm by Draex »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Andy, you've done one ever draft mate. Surely you can remember what you've picked previosly?  ;D

From the wording, I thought it meant anything anyone had ever picked in any draft ever.

So I can't just repeat mine then.

Cushty
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Si Senor! (I’m in)

I thought you were waiting till the Film Draft's are finished before you jump in again?  ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
I thought you were waiting till the Film Draft's are finished before you jump in again?  ;D
I think our friend Draex realized we are never stopping drafting movies.  ;D

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Due to said lurking and as I didn't enter I can pilfer all of your clever film buffs picks

and Andy can now come 2nd to last :D
« Last Edit: March 3, 2023, 06:57:06 pm by Draex »

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I think our friend Draex realized we are never stopping drafting movies.  ;D

Can't wait for the Super Ultimate Last Ever Movie Draft 2
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

In that one we should definitely only be allowed to pick films that no one has drafted yet. Would be carnage.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
In that one we should definitely only be allowed to pick films that no one has drafted yet. Would be carnage.

Haha love it. I'm going to pick The Room and it'll probably be one of the better picks.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Count me in.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Yosh, I'm in.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Sound, looking to start this on Monday, if that's ok with everyone.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Mine would be made up exclusively of chappy horror movies.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Thanks for the invite but gonna skip this one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Thanks for the invite but gonna skip this one.
Busy with the PGMOL this week, aren’t you Tubbs?  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Busy with the PGMOL this week, aren’t you Tubbs?  ;D

I'm on VAR with all my mates this afternoon.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think you will have enough so I'll sit this one out and watch from the vip box

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

There's always room for more, mate! These things get even better when they're oversubscribed, in fact

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's always room for more, mate! These things get even better when they're oversubscribed, in fact
........Go on then. I'm in.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

We have 16 now which can be split into 4 groups of 4 or knockouts fairly easily but if anyone wants to send me expensive watches, or trips to 5 star hotels in the middle east or just a suitcase full of cash, I'll be willing to consider more entrants*

*obviously not based on anything that's ever happened when tournaments are being decided in real life.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
We have 16 now which can be split into 4 groups of 4 or knockouts fairly easily but if anyone wants to send me expensive watches, or trips to 5 star hotels in the middle east or just a suitcase full of cash, I'll be willing to consider more entrants*

*obviously not based on anything that's ever happened when tournaments are being decided in real life.

I've invited half of RAWK again. Hoping we hit 32 this time  :D

Also, Telekon was well up for this draft when it was first pitched. Hopefully he logs in again soon so he can sign up for it.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I've invited half of RAWK again. Hoping we hit 32 this time  :D

Also, Telekon was well up for this draft when it was first pitched. Hopefully he logs in again soon so he can sign up for it.

Thanks, yep, PM'd him too, hopefully he'll join.