Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2100634 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #17040 on: May 7, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the 'someone was always going to get hurt' line.

The other people who 'might have been hurt' are the people who didn't have tickets.

Yes, there are more people in the 'didn't have tickets but could have done' category, but it's far easier to justify to them that the pandemic has fucked them over, than it is to justify to the people that actually attended the football matches that the pandemic (and the club's fucking laziness) has fucked them over.

the whole pandemic situation has fucked people over... you can take however you want they had a decision to make and after consulting they made a decision that they knew would be painful but then every route they would have taken was painful

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17041 on: May 7, 2021, 02:00:54 pm »
Only to you. What if they considered all the options and the one they agreed on was the option the affected the least people?

That's what they did. Their decision was based on how many complaints they would get

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17042 on: May 7, 2021, 02:01:15 pm »
Affected the least people doesn't mean it was the fairest option.

As this blatantly shows.

in your eyes, yes

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17043 on: May 7, 2021, 02:02:13 pm »

That's what they did. Their decision was based on how many complaints they would get

Yep after consulting that was the deemed the best and fairest route clearly.

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17044 on: May 7, 2021, 02:03:54 pm »
I don't think any of the options they had were "easy"

Agree - By the sounds of it they've tried to cover for those who have been impacted but had loyalty from previous seasons as well, at the sacrifice of those who hit the 13 during the 2019/20 season. 

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17045 on: May 7, 2021, 02:04:24 pm »
Anyway, good luck.

like I said I think they will help if they can.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17046 on: May 7, 2021, 02:07:31 pm »
Anyway, good luck.

When you keep saying they will help if they can, how do you actually see this happening? If it isn’t being fair and treating last season with the same respect as previous seasons?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17047 on: May 7, 2021, 02:09:38 pm »
the whole pandemic situation has fucked people over... you can take however you want they had a decision to make and after consulting they made a decision that they knew would be painful but then every route they would have taken was painful

I don't think you actually listen do you? Are you a politician?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #17048 on: May 7, 2021, 02:09:55 pm »
Anyway, good luck.

I can see them helping this season and dumping them next season when credit is back though, so doesn't resolve the issue

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17049 on: May 7, 2021, 02:10:50 pm »
in your eyes, yes
in your eyes, yes

Well, in the eyes of pretty much most fans as well. Even those not affected.

Despite the 3 on here, the uproar over this is evident.

Null and voiding people's credits, the fucking Karren Brady of ticket offices.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17050 on: May 7, 2021, 02:11:00 pm »
When you keep saying they will help if they can, how do you actually see this happening? If it isn’t being fair and treating last season with the same respect as previous seasons?

I think they will look at sales and see if they can allocate 'some' tickets, it is a big IF though.  I do sympathise but last season was not like previous seasons at all, that is the problem.  my understanding is that they looked at loads of options and each one had problems, some greater than others.  this, unfortunately for you, was deemed the best of a bad bunch.  They spent a lot of time consulting on it too apparently, hence why the SOS are on side.

Online NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #17051 on: May 7, 2021, 02:12:08 pm »
You can look at this however you want, someone was going to get stung on this and unfortunately it is you this time.  they have finite number of seats and have to ration accordingly like I said they feel like they in rock and a hard place situation.

they consulted and this agreed as the best course of action in a very difficult situation.

I am sure IF they can help, they will.

that is what I have been told.

Thanks for your comments over the last couple of days. There's a few disappointed people, I was one of them yesterday, but the sooner I come to the realisation it just isn't happening the sooner I can get on with my life.

If I'm honest I actually feel 'better' now the club have communicated what is going to happen.

The real thing I'm annoyed about is covid - I know everyone is for fucking countless reasons, but I absolutely know without a shadow of a doubt, that I would have ended the season on either 15 or 16 games due to how successful I was at refreshing that goddamn website.

Anyway. Hope everyone battling can come to terms with it. The sooner you realise the club hasn't made a personal decision against you the easier it will be.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17052 on: May 7, 2021, 02:12:19 pm »
I don't think you actually listen do you? Are you a politician?

I do listen and am trying sympathise, it is you getting all shouty on a broken record!! ;-)

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17053 on: May 7, 2021, 02:14:06 pm »
I think they will look at sales and see if they can allocate 'some' tickets, it is a big IF though.  I do sympathise but last season was not like previous seasons at all, that is the problem.  my understanding is that they looked at loads of options and each one had problems, some greater than others.  this, unfortunately for you, was deemed the best of a bad bunch.  They spent a lot of time consulting on it too apparently, hence why the SOS are on side.

Last season had 4 games missing. With 15 slogs for tickets.

We as a club didn’t want the league null and void. But it’s sound to null and void tickets?

Disgraceful.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17054 on: May 7, 2021, 02:15:02 pm »

Yeah i think they will look at the 13+ uptake in the creditless season and once the sale ends theyll offer the remaining seats to those affected first if theres enough members 'taking a break' for a year

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17055 on: May 7, 2021, 02:16:44 pm »
I can see them helping this season and dumping them next season when credit is back though, so doesn't resolve the issue

Sounds like something they would do

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17056 on: May 7, 2021, 02:16:56 pm »
Yeah i think they will look at the 13+ uptake in the creditless season and once the sale ends theyll offer the remaining seats to those affected first if theres enough members 'taking a break' for a year

Priority for the late sales is the least they can do, yes.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17057 on: May 7, 2021, 02:24:48 pm »

Not the late ones... i mean after the first july sale for 13+ the ones left reserved for 13+ members who take the year off.. then sold in July to the ones in this mess
So lets say they know 6000 are on 13+, only 4000 buy tickets in july because of the creditless season, so those 2000 is more than enough to sort you lot out for all the games if you want them, then the remaining go back to general ballot

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17058 on: May 7, 2021, 02:27:31 pm »
Not the late ones... i mean after the first july sale for 13+ the ones left reserved for 13+ members who take the year off.. then sold in July to the ones in this mess
So lets say they know 6000 are on 13+, only 4000 buy tickets in july because of the creditless season, so those 2000 is more than enough to sort you lot out for all the games if you want them, then the remaining go back to general ballot

They’ll probs just offer the ones that aren’t taken up to people on less credits for the 18/19 seasons - just to add fuel to the fire :)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17059 on: May 7, 2021, 02:27:52 pm »

But they'd have to do it for 22/23 as well

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17060 on: May 7, 2021, 02:29:23 pm »

I mean that makes so much sense, it's why all this 'we have considered all options' is a pile of bullshit.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17061 on: May 7, 2021, 02:30:17 pm »
They’ll probs just offer the ones that aren’t taken up to people on less credits for the 18/19 seasons - just to add fuel to the fire :)

I'm on 12 for 18/19 so would suit me, but absolutely not. They need to do something for these 300.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #17062 on: May 7, 2021, 02:55:31 pm »

Thank you for your email regarding the Club’s ticketing update announcement. Unfortunately we will be unable to provide you with the number of supporters affected.
The Club consulted with supporters on a number of options for allocating tickets for the new season.   

As you’re aware, the end of the 2019/20 season and this season have been severely disrupted by the pandemic. This means that we have faced issues such as the cancellation of tickets for games that had to move to behind closed doors, and the cancellation of ticket sales. This has led to significant complexity when considering how now best to allocate tickets and every option available to us would have resulted in some fans being disappointed with the outcome. 

We discussed the options in detail with supporters in a number of ticketing fan forums and all options were considered as part of the consultation process. Our aim was to identify a solution that impacted the least number of supporters.  

After careful analysis and discussion of the data it was agreed that we should use the 2018/19 season as it was the last Premier League season that was completed with fans in attendance. This was considered by the Club and the fan forums to be the fairest option in the circumstances for the 2021/22 season. The Club therefore made the decision to proceed with this option. Other options considered would have impacted three or more times the amount of supporters. 

We are sorry that we couldn’t satisfy everyone as we know that so many fans are keen to get back into the stadium and support the team as soon as possible.  We hope that these unprecedented times that have impacted all our fans will never be repeated and that we can revert to a more normal approach again as soon as possible. 

The Club will continue to operate a game by game late availability sale that will be open to members to purchase tickets on a first come first serve basis. 

Thank you for your continued support.

Does anyone know if any of the fan ticketing groups who had discussions with the club agreed to this, or indicated that it was the best/fairest option?

At least all the cup competitions were completed in full, so moving forward the ticketing arrangement for cup competitions should be straight forward and fair.

Still in two minds whether or not to renew our memberships for next season, or whether to take the season off if it's going to be a credit less season.  I think I'll only be going back next season if the match day experience is back to normal.  As much as I want to be back an Anfield again, I don't want to have to be in at a set time, leave when told, be in a severely reduced capacity ground etc etc.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17063 on: May 7, 2021, 04:07:59 pm »
Because then the ones on 13 from 2018/19 or 13 from 2019/20 would miss out and moan and most would still be in the same boat of missing out

They did raise it to 15+ back before the new main stand

I'm just trying to point out that a line does need to be drawn, and whoever is just on the other side of that line will feel hard done by, no matter where that line is drawn

It should never have been moved from 15+

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17064 on: May 7, 2021, 04:16:04 pm »
Does anyone know if any of the fan ticketing groups who had discussions with the club agreed to this, or indicated that it was the best/fairest option?

At least all the cup competitions were completed in full, so moving forward the ticketing arrangement for cup competitions should be straight forward and fair.

Still in two minds whether or not to renew our memberships for next season, or whether to take the season off if it's going to be a credit less season.  I think I'll only be going back next season if the match day experience is back to normal.  As much as I want to be back an Anfield again, I don't want to have to be in at a set time, leave when told, be in a severely reduced capacity ground etc etc.
exactly what fan forums agreed to this shit, absolute joke if they actually did

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17065 on: May 7, 2021, 04:23:07 pm »
And if they did agree to it, where are the minutes??

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17066 on: May 7, 2021, 04:24:30 pm »
And if they did agree to it, where are the minutes??
or a statement with their reasons

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #17067 on: May 7, 2021, 04:25:00 pm »
Did SOS agree with the club’s decision on this?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17068 on: May 7, 2021, 04:27:29 pm »
the clubs response posted in here earlier would suggest so

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17069 on: May 7, 2021, 04:28:20 pm »

The vice chair of SOS is on the fans forum and was part of these meetings.

But he seemed very confused when explaining in here a few weeks back and what he said wasnt true, so I doubt anything was agreed between them.

We need to see the minutes

Offline JoeKopite

• Kemlynite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #17070 on: May 7, 2021, 04:31:03 pm »
And the opinion of the club was also to join the ESL, furlough staff and get supporters to pay £77 per ticket. It doesn’t make it right, does it?

The club have ultimately taken advantage of a pandemic to allow more tickets to go to general sale/hospitality/day trippers. Screwing the loyalty of fans in the process. They don’t matter.

Absolutely spot on.

I bet SOS didn't bother much about this last issue only because basically nobody cares as much as other things, but it's disrespectful to hundreds of supporters.

I did contact them as well as the club: both the parts accuse each other basically (SOS: "it's a club decision, we are only consulted"; LFC: "We were in touch with fans and it was fine for them"). Just fuck right off

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17071 on: May 7, 2021, 04:32:00 pm »
Absolutely spot on.

I bet SOS didn't bother much about this last issue only because basically nobody cares as much as other things, but it's disrespectful to hundreds of supporters.

I did contact them as well as the club: both the parts accuse each other basically (SOS: "it's a club decision, we are only consulted"; LFC: "We were in touch with fans and it was fine for them"). Just fuck right off
jesus christ hahaha useless bastards

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17072 on: May 7, 2021, 04:39:10 pm »
Apologies for the basic question. If you pass on a ticket to friends and family, who gets the credit?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17073 on: May 7, 2021, 04:40:19 pm »
Apologies for the basic question. If you pass on a ticket to friends and family, who gets the credit?

No credits in league games next season
Cup credits will only count for future games in that competition during the season, the original purchaser keeps the credit.

It's in the FAQs

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17074 on: May 7, 2021, 04:45:23 pm »
No credits in league games next season
Cup credits will only count for future games in that competition during the season, the original purchaser keeps the credit.

It's in the FAQs
Cheers for that. Got 17+ on my families 3 cards from 18/19 so sorted for two years

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17075 on: May 7, 2021, 04:45:57 pm »
Absolutely spot on.

Exactly

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17076 on: May 7, 2021, 04:49:37 pm »
Exactly

Didn't they send a survey out to the 13+ brigade last season asking if they thought a ballot for everyone on less than 13 was a great idea? Absolutely no care.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17077 on: May 7, 2021, 05:01:35 pm »
Didn't they send a survey out to the 13+ brigade last season asking if they thought a ballot for everyone on less than 13 was a great idea? Absolutely no care.
the survey was for every member I think

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17078 on: May 7, 2021, 05:27:13 pm »
For the Category A match ballots, are they still for 4+ credits? Or are they now going to be free for alls?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17079 on: May 7, 2021, 05:27:41 pm »
For the Category A match ballots, are they still for 4+ credits? Or are they now going to be free for alls?

Guaranteed for 13+, ballot for everyone else