Poll

Out of curiosity how much football on TV do you watch?

Every LFC game that I can
15 (21.7%)
Every LFC game I can and other big games too (non LFC)
40 (58%)
Every game I can, whether european or lower league
14 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: How much football do you watch?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
How much football do you watch?
« on: May 16, 2020, 05:55:33 pm »
?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How much football do you watch?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »
Somewhere between options 1 and 2, don't really care for the other games, but watch quite a few of them if there's nothing better on TV.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 06:17:46 pm »
Every LFC game (that I can) and as much Bundesliga (and a few 2. Bundesliga) games as I can (big, small or medium games) is my choice, so wherever that fits  :P

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 06:18:58 pm »
Every Liverpool game I can.

I've no interest in other English games or International matches.

If they were on, and no LFC game was on at the same time, I'd probably tune in to watch a European match if Ajax or Benfica were playing. At one time I'd have tuned in for a Barcelona game too, but I've lost interest in them these days.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 06:19:57 pm »
I voted option 3 but I watch every single LFC game. The ones I can't go to or not on telly I'll listen on the radio.

I watch most televised Premier League games unless it's a nothing to play for game or just a really dismal game like Newcastle vs Burnley or something like that.

I used to watch La Liga most weekends but when Sky lost the rights I stopped watching. Never watched much, if any of any other league.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 06:30:01 pm »
a really dismal game like Newcastle vs Burnley or something like that.

Newcastle aren't on my boring list. I think theyre usually entertaining. Burnley v Stoke would be an avoider
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 06:30:22 pm »
Somewhere between 2 and 3. Every LFC game and lots of other games.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 06:34:31 pm »
Can I go 50/50 please Chris?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 06:35:01 pm »
I watch every LFC game obviously and any night there's a game on television I'll watch that once I have the channel. I'll only go searching for streams for other games if it's a big game in that country.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 07:05:21 pm »
It's never off the tv.

Although I don't watch any other top Leagues we do watch some Championship games as Paul's a Barnsley fan and my kids are Wednesday fans. 

We also watch FA Cup, Champions League and Europa League games.

We do watch internationals when it's the Euros or World Cup though I'm not particularly bothered about friendlies or qualifiers but Paul likes to watch them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 07:17:11 pm »
Every Liverpool game, most other Premier League games, occasional Championship, some Spanish games, International tournaments. Champions League games. FA cup final.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 10:31:27 pm »
Obviously every LFC game, league, cup or continental. Usually other PL games too, unless they are  brighton-watford or such dross.

Some matches from the Championship, not really much but just stuck with it as Pukki was playing there with Norwich last season. (and will be when the next one starts  ;D)

Celtic/Rangers matches from the SPL.

Some matches from the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2, Mainly Bayern due to having friends in Bavaria.

And for Finnish NT players Hradecky (Leverkusen), Jensen (Augsburg) and Pohjanpalo (HSV).

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 11:03:58 pm »
I certainly watch less non Liverpool games than ever these days. Maybe because we're the benchmark now and everything else feels like a letdown.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 11:46:39 pm »
80 percent of the time number 1, if i have time I'll do option 2.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2020, 11:57:50 pm »
Now that Australian free-to-air TV has lost the PL, CL and World Cup, I watch all Liverpool games on the website (and now that I'm busy raising kids, many games I only watch the 10 minute highlights) and nothing else. The only thing left on free-to-air is the A-League, but I can't get interested in that.

When I lived in England I always watched any games on Sky when I was at home or the pub. When I lived in France I watched all LFC games at the local suppirters' branch pub, went to a few Ligue 1 games but never bothered with it on TV.

TL;DR: if I had time and access, I'd watch :
- all LFC
- all CL
- all World Cup
- big PL games (no Burnley vs Stoke bullshit)
- occasional Bundesliga

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 12:09:29 am »
I can't remember the last LFC game I missed - probably to the detriment of my wider social output.

During a normal season I'll also watch most other big premier league games on a given weekend but I've dropped off from watching European leagues almost completely.

All things considered, this pandemic has left quite the hole in my weekly routine.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 12:10:30 am »
I certainly watch less non Liverpool games than ever these days. Maybe because we're the benchmark now and everything else feels like a letdown.
100% this.  I watch matches that don't involve us and they seem so uneventful and pedestrian.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 05:59:14 am »
I now watch bundesliga, apparently.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 06:04:55 am »
If an Everton version of this was posted on GOT, the questions would remain exactly the same.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 07:22:46 am »
Somewhere between options 2 & 3, i don't have sky but do have bt sport, in normal times i'm out at the weekends having a few bevvies, so bt sport is handy for the champions league in midweek when i stay in.
#Sausages

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 09:00:18 am »

Couldn’t be arsed watching other teams.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 09:53:16 am »
Any down time I have I always look for a game to watch before I turn to something car/history/war type of programme..so that pretty much puts me in the 3rd option.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2020, 10:41:02 am »
Lately? None  ;D

I barely ever miss an LFC match in some form. Used to include the pilgramage to Anfield but in my dole-era this has been replaced with streams or LFCTV. It's extremely rare a match won't be online SOMEWHERE. Even if I'm on holiday I've managed to find somewhere showing our match  ;D I watch the youth games occasionally, and stuff like legends games.

I'll watch to some extent any game shown in the boozer I happen to be in (I don't go the boozer specifically to do this though). Can't say I ever set aside time to tune into any non LFC match barring finals or massive PL clashes that are useful to us. Might flick on a stream then.

A bit like my relationship with internationals really - I know it's there can't really be invested if it's not my beloved Liverpool and I'm not a student of the game more than I am a supporter

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 10:47:26 am »
Every LFC game.

Other Top 6 games/UCL games I watch only if it's of consequence to us.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2020, 04:54:43 pm »
Every LFC game and while mainly option 2, if I'm bored I will also watch lower premier league or lower league games.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2020, 04:59:06 pm »
Somewhere between 2 and 3. Every LFC game and lots of other games.

Same.

Wouldn't be watching a nothing Championship or League One game but if it was of interest then I would. Same with other countries' leagues.